Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2019, 11:52   #241
BHPian

Re: ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!

After going through the whole thread, I am also considering remapping. What should I expect to gain for my 2012 petrol Honda City? It's an Automatic - torque converter - with NA engine so I fear gains wouldn't be significant.

Also, any recommendation in BLR and information on price points would help.
Old 13th March 2019, 12:29   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

For NA engines, remap is not worth since the gains are always <10% . Better to get PedalTune instead of Remap.
Old 15th March 2019, 09:01   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Is remapping feasible for Baleno (Old Sedan'04 model) by any means.
I believe it's not possible to remap on stock ECU. You should get after market ECU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit.shri View Post
After going through the whole thread, I am also considering remapping. What should I expect to gain for my 2012 petrol Honda City? It's an Automatic - torque converter - with NA engine so I fear gains wouldn't be significant.
Get in touch with GT Tunerz Delhi. They have dealers in Bangalore and would work out something for you. Honda City showed good gains on dyno with their remap .

ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-fb_img_1552620271112.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...78114322258356

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
For NA engines, remap is not worth since the gains are always <10% . Better to get PedalTune instead of Remap.
Hmm, remap is not worth because gains are <10%..How would a pedal tune box be worth which has <1 percent ( or even zero ) gains ?
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th March 2019, 12:05   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post

Get in touch with GT Tunerz Delhi. They have dealers in Bangalore and would work out something for you. Honda City showed good gains on dyno with their remap .
:
Thanks for replying and sharing the link. I have a 2012 Honda City - gen 3 - and not the iVTEC that is shown in the link. Also, the gains in both the torque and power are around 15%, while this looks acceptable I am not sure it's worth the hassle. A little more, or less, would have made the decision really easy.
Old 12th April 2019, 15:06   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have explained about ECU remaps by a tuner with master tools. Now let me come to tuners who use Slave Tools.

6. GT Tunerz (Quantum UK & APR remaps)
https://www.facebook.com/gttunerz/
Hi Naren, I've a few questions to ask and would be glad if you can answer them or find some answers for me. Let me come straight to the point, cars in question are Brezza and new S-Cross (1.3L SHVS). As I'll be traveling to Gurgaon in June, have finalised on GT Tunerz located in Gurgaon. My few questions are -
  1. Kms at which remap can be done? Both cars have crossed 10K kms.
  2. Any mechanical issue that we should be aware of that can crop up with the engine or transmission?
  3. Are you aware of anyone (personally) who has got any SHVS car (Ciaz or S-Cross remapped)? Does the SHVS system work post the remap or does it just stops working? Remap of S-Cross depends on this. If you have examples, please let me know.
  4. Since I'll be traveling back to my hometown after 3-4 days, getting back to them for anything immediately will not be possible. Is it a worrying prospect? My local MASS will not have any issue with what I do. But suppose if something wrong happens later and ECU goes bust, can getting a separate ECU from Maruti make the car back to stock (90hp) tune?
I'm a sedate driver and so is my brother but what we need is better overtaking power especially on undivided highways. Plus having a few more bhps doesn't harm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
One more question which is bothering me is, when should I go for remapping, after some specific KMs/months/years or is it fine to go for it in a new vehicle?
Did you get remap done?

Last edited by BoneCollector : 12th April 2019 at 15:09.
Old 12th April 2019, 15:36   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
[*]Kms at which remap can be done? Both cars have crossed 10K kms.
There's no rule as such. But, I suggest to do after 10k Km. You will understand the stock car better and also to rule out any defects / issues in new car before remap.

Quote:
[*]Any mechanical issue that we should be aware of that can crop up with the engine or transmission?
Turbo and gearbox for 1.3 DDIS. It will depend on various factors like how aggressive the tune is, driving style and periodic maintenance. Lower gear synchronizer rings failure was very common in 90 HP DDIS. I believe Maruti has modified it now.

Quote:
[*]Are you aware of anyone (personally) who has got any SHVS car (Ciaz or S-Cross remapped)? Does the SHVS system work post the remap or does it just stops working? Remap of S-Cross depends on this. If you have examples, please let me know.
I don't know anyone personally. But, I heard from Rajiv (Wolf Tuner) that there's no issues with SHVS after remap.

Quote:
But suppose if something wrong happens later and ECU goes bust, can getting a separate ECU from Maruti make the car back to stock (90hp) tune?
Yes, it will be Stock.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 14:45   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Hi Naren, I've a few questions to ask and would be glad if you can answer them or find some answers for me. Let me come straight to the point, cars in question are Brezza and new S-Cross (1.3L SHVS). As I'll be traveling to Gurgaon in June, have finalised on GT Tunerz located in Gurgaon. My few questions are -
  1. Kms at which remap can be done? Both cars have crossed 10K kms.
  2. Any mechanical issue that we should be aware of that can crop up with the engine or transmission?
  3. Are you aware of anyone (personally) who has got any SHVS car (Ciaz or S-Cross remapped)? Does the SHVS system work post the remap or does it just stops working? Remap of S-Cross depends on this. If you have examples, please let me know.
  4. Since I'll be traveling back to my hometown after 3-4 days, getting back to them for anything immediately will not be possible. Is it a worrying prospect? My local MASS will not have any issue with what I do. But suppose if something wrong happens later and ECU goes bust, can getting a separate ECU from Maruti make the car back to stock (90hp) tune?
I'm a sedate driver and so is my brother but what we need is better overtaking power especially on undivided highways. Plus having a few more bhps doesn't harm.

Did you get remap done?
Answering your queries since you PM'ed me for the same.

1. I got my Brezza remapped at less than 5k kms. You can do the remap anytime. Your engine, ECU and probably turbo warranty is void for sure.

2. Could have issues with engine and turbo. But with mildly tuned remaps, there's not much risk. Mine is a stage 1 tune which was mainly done for improved driveability. The overtaking capability on highways have improved by leaps and bounds. I still cruise around 100-120kmph on 4 lane highways and slower on 2 lane.

3. Please check about SVHS with individual tuners. If you don't feel confident about their response, avoid going with them. Also beware of over-confident tuners. Check with them for the vehicles they have worked on.

4. If ECU goes bust, you'll have to pay for a new ECU which will have the stock map. You will have to get it remapped.

Hope this answers your queries.
krish3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 15:00   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Also, I am surprised to see you try out so many maps from Wolf. I have been asking the guy for a new map since over a year, but he doesn't seem to care at all, whereas he was ready to come to my house at midnight when I wanted to get it remapped for the first time (typical Indian case of change in quality of service after money changes hands ).

Cross-posting as it may be off-topic there.

Rajiv did reach out to me after this and informed me once he was in town. I met him at his place and got the new map flashed.
Old 20th April 2019, 11:44   #249
BHPian

I am contemplating remapping of my 1.0L Ecoboost sometime in the future.
What kind of gains can be expected with only ECU remap, without any hardware changes?
Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 19:28   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakritij View Post
I am contemplating remapping of my 1.0L Ecoboost sometime in the future.
What kind of gains can be expected with only ECU remap, without any hardware changes?
Thanks
Expect around 20 percentage increase in Power and Torque figures. Anyways I am not a fan of extracting more and more juice from 3 cylinder 1L engine, reliability after remap won't be similar to higher CC engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Cross-posting as it may be off-topic there.

Rajiv did reach out to me after this and informed me once he was in town. I met him at his place and got the new map flashed.
Good to hear that. I had sent him the link of your post on my S-Cross thread .

How's the new map ?

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 20th April 2019 at 19:31.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 11:31   #251
BHPian

AFAIK, 1.0L Ecoboost comes in a 140bhp state of tune too in some cars like Fiesta/Focus. So, a 15-20% increment can be considered safe I guess.
I maybe wrong though as I am fairly new to this topic.
Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 11:27   #252

Quote:
Expect around 20 percentage increase in Power and Torque figures. Anyways I am not a fan of extracting more and more juice from 3 cylinder 1L engine, reliability after remap won't be similar to higher CC engines.

this below here is almost a 50% increase in power. Dr. Naren could you comment on the reliability of this remap done by race concepts (link below)

https://www.cartoq.com/maruti-baleno...ivic-powerful/

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 29th April 2019 at 11:43. Reason: fixing quote tags
Old 29th April 2019, 20:21   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harik45 View Post
this below here is almost a 50% increase in power. Dr. Naren could you comment on the reliability of this remap done by race concepts (link below)
147 HP from 3 cylinder 1000 cc engine, I won't believe this. They have not provided dyno graph of stock map too.
Old 29th April 2019, 23:17   #254

It's not unheard off. The Ford EcoBoost 1.0L engine in the fiesta international models make 140hp. And cartoq articles are trustworthy I suppose. But ya speed-torque graphs , speed-power graphs would have given more clarity.
Old 15th May 2019, 16:04   #255

See attached graph for the tuned baleno rs from race concepts. It doesn't have the graph for the stock one.
Attached Thumbnails
ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-screenshot_20190515155819_instagram.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks