Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2019, 15:05   #286
BHPian

Re: ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!

Doc, can you help regarding throttle position percentage at idle. In torque I get value of throttle position at idle as 37% what does this mean? Shouldn't it actually be 0% as I am not pressing the throttle at all.
Old 19th November 2019, 16:15   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Doc, can you help regarding throttle position percentage at idle. In torque I get value of throttle position at idle as 37% what does this mean? Shouldn't it actually be 0% as I am not pressing the throttle at all.
I have never observed it as zero percentage in torque pro app. There are 3 or 4 parameters, I remember one was showing 7.5% and other one was double at idle in my S-Cross.

I will check for SX4 too
Old 19th November 2019, 21:44   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have never observed it as zero percentage in torque pro app. There are 3 or 4 parameters, I remember one was showing 7.5% and other one was double at idle in my S-Cross.

I will check for SX4 too
Please do let me know as I am curious about the same and haven't been able to get a satisfactory answer.

Also does smoke maps affect driveability of a car? Will a car with High control on smoke limit maps be same performance wise as a map with moderate smoke limit maps?

My second map where in I had asked for more low end and less smoke is not very satisfactory. I have to keep pushing the pedal more and more and this tires me out. The smoke is quite less but somehow I find the engine very restricted and un eager. Feels more like I am towing some heavy load and to compensate I keep pushing the pedal harder.

Earlier map I feel was better. Maybe il switch back and have a back to back drive to get a feel of car one again.
Old 19th November 2019, 21:59   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Please do let me know as I am curious about the same and haven't been able to get a satisfactory answer.
These are the values shown for my SX4. It's similar to all my other cars.

ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-img_20191119_215243.jpg

Quote:
Also does smoke maps affect driveability of a car? Will a car with High control on smoke limit maps be same performance wise as a map with moderate smoke limit maps?
Smoke limit maps / AFR Maps are usually tweaked so that it doesn't limit the changes made in other maps.

Quote:
Earlier map I feel was better. Maybe il switch back and have a back to back drive to get a feel of car one again.
Cool, but ECU needs some time to fully adapt with the new map. If you are not concerned about smoke, ask Wolf to give you same map as mine .

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 19th November 2019 at 22:00.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 22:30   #290
BHPian

Quote:
These are the values shown for my SX4. It's similar to all my other cars.

Attachment 1936587

Smoke limit maps / AFR Maps are usually tweaked so that it doesn't limit the changes made in other maps.

Cool, but ECU needs some time to fully adapt with the new map. If you are not concerned about smoke, ask Wolf to give you same map as mine .
Thanks.
What does excess smoke mean? Does excess smoke have any impact on engine life?
In my car the pedal position is 37% at idle, I am wondering if the map has only tweaked accelerator position sensor to possibly show more accelerator input then what it should be?
I have run over 800 kms with the new map so I guess that should be enough time to understand. What I actually need is a map that makes me have fun and say wow everytime I drive the car. Right now it isn't. So am contemplating going back to the previous map or try your map and take a call.

Wolf is coming down for the weekend and I shall spend sometime and finalise.
Thanks again.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 22:38   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.
What does excess smoke mean? Does excess smoke have any impact on engine life?
Thick black smoke on acceleration (full throttle). Don't worry about the engine, turbo will give up much before it . That's why I do not go WOT at high speeds for long duration to keep the EGT in check. My map has very high fuel and boost even at top end. But, no reliability issues till date except for occasional high boost error.

Quote:
In my car the pedal position is 37% at idle, I am wondering if the map has only tweaked accelerator position sensor to possibly show more accelerator input then what it should be?
Better check the A pedal sensor first. Wolf would never tweak any parameter at idling, doesn't make any sense to do that.

Quote:
Wolf is coming down for the weekend and I shall spend sometime and finalise.
Thanks again.
My suggestion: Get a map similar to mine, but with lesser boost and fuel at top end.

Cheers!
Old 16th January 2020, 20:45   #292
BHPian

Hey, I'm in need of some help.
Wolf moto finally has a remap for Tiago petrol AMT. As it is a NA engine, the gains aren't much but they are claiming about 8-10%. I talked to a person who has gone with it and works closely with Wolf and he told me that the torque is up from 115nm to 123nm at crank while power has gone up from 83hp at crank to 90hp at wheel, I'm not aware of the stock hp at crank. Do you guys recommend going for the remap? I'm looking forward to improve general drivability in the city especially which is jerky in the city and some better tuning overall.
shivamk11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 09:44   #293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
Do you guys recommend going for the remap? I'm looking forward to improve general drivability in the city especially which is jerky in the city and some better tuning overall.
You can get the remap from Wolf. I believe they have 1 month money back guarantee.

The gains are not much in NA cars , but they are noticeable with improvement in drivability and throttle response.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 15:56   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, I'm in need of some help.
Wolf moto finally has a remap for Tiago petrol AMT. As it is a NA engine, the gains aren't much but they are claiming about 8-10%. I talked to a person who has gone with it and works closely with Wolf and he told me that the torque is up from 115nm to 123nm at crank while power has gone up from 83hp at crank to 90hp at wheel, I'm not aware of the stock hp at crank. Do you guys recommend going for the remap? I'm looking forward to improve general drivability in the city especially which is jerky in the city and some better tuning overall.
Mulling over a remap for the JTP as well, I find the same shortcomings with the stock tuning on my car, as you've mentioned as well, and I too want to improve things generally, rather than go for an all-out power bump. Looking forward to your feedback, if you indeed go for it. The cost of 18k for the remap seems quite VFM to me.
Old 20th January 2020, 21:39   #295
BHPian

Quote:
You can get the remap from Wolf. I believe they have 1 month money back guarantee.

The gains are not much in NA cars , but they are noticeable with improvement in drivability and throttle response.
Thanks. They don’t have any offer running right now so no guarantee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
Mulling over a remap for the JTP as well, I find the same shortcomings with the stock tuning on my car, as you've mentioned as well, and I too want to improve things generally, rather than go for an all-out power bump. Looking forward to your feedback, if you indeed go for it. The cost of 18k for the remap seems quite VFM to me.
The gains and improvement on JTP will be a lot more than NA Tiago. I was going for the remap today but got cold feet at the last moment and decided to rethink. Now wolf team is not in Delhi anymore, and I guess it’ll be a few months before they come back. I backed out mainly because 18k seemed a lot to me to improve just a little bit and for hardly 8% gains. Let’s see what the future holds.
Old 21st January 2020, 11:12   #296
BHPian

Quote:
The gains and improvement on JTP will be a lot more than NA Tiago.
Yes I agree, Though I'm not looking at bumping the power, I feel cleaning up the map will still make a world of a difference from a drivability and smoothness standpoint. Looking more at getting the map fine tuned rather than improving peak power.

Quote:
Seemed a lot to me to improve just a little bit and for hardly 8% gains. Let’s see what the future holds.
As Dr.Naren has also mentioned. I think more than just numbers on paper, the remap will change the way the power and torque is put down. Might be a night and day improvement, though the increase in numbers on paper is only marginal.
Turrrb0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 15:38   #297
BHPian

I have an Ecosport S Ecoboost and am contemplating getting it re-mapped(stage 1). Has anyone on the forum got it done? I would prefer it to be done in Hyderabad but can also go to Bangalore.

Car has done 30k and I've enjoyed driving every km of it. Car has just come back from a service and is feeling smoother. But the itch to re-map is really getting to me.

Any suggestions/ precautions on the re-map also welcome.
Old 22nd February 2020, 03:00   #298

Quote:
Yes, remap is available. Gains won't be much, but you should notice the difference. I would recommend GT Tunerz ( Quantum UK ) or Wolf Moto for NA cars .
Quote:
What are different Stages of ECU Remaps ?

Many were asking me about this off the forum and thought to share it here as it might be useful .
Thanks for the info. Who is good for doing turbo boost in Chennai or Bangalore. Thanks in advance

Last edited by vb-saan : 22nd February 2020 at 06:39. Reason: For better readability please do not quote the whole post. Thank you!
Old 13th March 2020, 18:55   #299
BHPian

Hello All,

I have a query. This bug of getting more hp and nm is there in me now but have a small query.

The Octy DSG is rated to handle max torque of 250 nm ( DQ 200). The car itself is running at max torque of 250nm in stock. So, if I get it tuned, the new torque would be around 300nm which is more than the rated torque of 250nm.

So, what is the possibility of transmission getting affected here and what can go wrong here ? Transmission breaking apart and metals flying..
Old 2nd April 2020, 13:56   #300

Octavia Mk1 Vrs Remap ( Auq Spec )

Good Afternoon Folks!!

I plan to get my Mk1 Octavia VRS remapped.

As per my knowledge the vrs available in India was a detuned version with the engine code ( AUM )

Whereas the one available in the European market was a ( 180 hp ) engine code ( AUQ )

I wanted to know if I can go for a AUQ Spec Remap and where can I get it done.

Can a A.S.S dealer do it for me as I think this might be a better option than going for custom maps and it might workout a bit cheaper too.

If anyone on the forum has any idea or has got this map on their VRS, please share your inputs.

I am open to any other suggestions too.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by suhaas307 : 14th April 2020 at 01:13. Reason: Spacing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks