Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2018, 18:45   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
It's going to be the 1.8 iVTEC on the Civic. I know that NA petrol engines have a very limited scope in tuning. I am mainly looking forward to improve it's low rpm drive-ability and yes, if a power upgrade is plausible, I would be very much pleased.
Update :

I checked with Akshay from GT Tunerz Delhi. He is the only tuner in India with highest number of Remap tools . They can remap Civic through OBD Port itself. Get in touch with them, I believe they have a dealer in Chennai.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2018, 03:05   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrjun View Post
Attached for whoever wants to look at data logging of a 3rd gear WOT - link will lead you to the log and individual parameters are clickable.

https://datazap.me/u/flyingspagghett...3-6-7-16-17-18

A Wagner Evo 2 Competition FMIC to keep those IATs low.Direct plug and play solution with respect to the piping.Needed minimal shaving of a rubber strip inside the M-sport bumper but nothing really significant enough to cause heartbreak

http://www.wagner-tuning.com/product...0001071-5.html - Got this shipped directly from Wagner
Attached Thumbnails
ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-img_20180807_004900.jpg  

ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-photo_20180804_095826.jpg  

Last edited by shrjun : 9th November 2018 at 03:07. Reason: additional info
shrjun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 21:35   #213
BHPian

Hey guys, I'm in the market to get an automatic that is compact for within the city. I'd also like to go through a remap route for a power bump which most of the compacts lack.

These are the cars I have in mind, all automatic.

Ignis Petrol
Tata Nexon Diesel
Ford Ecosport 1.5 Petrol

I'm not concerned much about the fuel economy. I'm 6'4, so looking for something that is easier to get in, it will be a single driven car.

Any suggestions? What automatics have easy power bump options?
Old 17th November 2018, 21:43   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post

Ignis Petrol
Tata Nexon Diesel
Ford Ecosport 1.5 Petrol

Any suggestions? What automatics have easy power bump options?
I have not come across any remaps for Nexon diesel and New Ecosport Petrol. Wolf Moto and GT Tunerz Delhi can remap Ignis petrol. Don't expect significant gains for NA petrol engines by just ECU remap.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2018, 02:34   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
I'm 6'4, so looking for something that is easier to get in
Nexon is definitely Not suited for your concerns
Have seen guys 5'6 scraping their heads while ingress and egress
Old 28th November 2018, 11:36   #216
BHPian

Hi guys,
So the wolf team is going to be in Goa this weekend, i have been waiting for them since quite a long time to remap my SX4 Diesel.
I had some doubts which i needed some insight to,experts please pour in your views,highly appreciated.
Currently my sx4 stands at 106440 kms and has been well taken care of, i am using motul xcess 5w40 and replace oil and filters at every 7k kms.
I am interested to know if its going to be a problem to remap at such high mileage?
I am more keen on just having the car run better and i do not do WOT or drive very aggressively. Along with the remap i plan to disable the EGR and later blank it with a blanking plate.

My only concern is whether its advisable to have a remap at the current odo reading,whether a safe and reliable car just as good as stock can be expected?
Old 28th November 2018, 11:51   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Currently my sx4 stands at 106440 kms and has been well taken care of, i am using motul xcess 5w40 and replace oil and filters at every 7k kms.
I am interested to know if its going to be a problem to remap at such high mileage?
My SX4 diesel is running on Wolf Map now and ODO is 1.2 lakhs + KM. I am running a very aggressive map from them and does 0-100 in less than 10 seconds, fastest timing for 1.3 MJD I have come across in India . I suggest you not to go for this aggressive map as it smokes more, their regular remap is also very punchy.
Old 28th November 2018, 12:19   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
My SX4 diesel is running on Wolf Map now and ODO is 1.2 lakhs + KM. I am running a very aggressive map from them and does 0-100 in less than 10 seconds, fastest timing for 1.3 MJD I have come across in India . I suggest you not to go for this aggressive map as it smokes more, their regular remap is also very punchy.
Thanks Naren,
I think i will ask them to load the maps and have a drive and see how it feels, the fourth map i shall use on random days just for fun.
Old 28th November 2018, 14:25   #219

Any suggestions on ECU remaps on a Baleno rs (1.0L boosterjet)?. i did see some tuners in europe claiming 140 hp with intake and exhaust mods and about 132hp with just a simple ECU tune. link below

https://www.shiftech.eu/fr/reprogram...boosterjet-112

Also some chiptuning mods for 599Euros (48k Rupees) are claiming 140 hp from the same 1.0L boosterjet without any additional mods. Link below:

https://www.cpa-chiptuning.de/en/chi...uning_4479.htm

Could those numbers be achieved here in india by indian tuners? Or because of fuel quality concerns those are difficult? What about the new BSVI fuel, would that increase power?

And what is the best ECU tune available for the baleno rs here in india?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd December 2018 at 15:21. Reason: Capitalising.
Old 28th November 2018, 14:54   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harik45 View Post
Any suggestions on ECU remaps on a Baleno rs (1.0L boosterjet)?. i
I saw a picture of a new Baleno RS that was remapped by Wolf Moto recently on Instagram. Probably you can converse with them on Instagram or FB and get details.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 18:27   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harik45 View Post
and what is the best ECU tune available for the baleno rs here in india?.
I can't comment on which is the best tune etc as I have not driven any remapped Baleno RS. As per my knowledge, 3 tuners have remapped this car in India : Petes, GT Tunerz and Wolf Moto. Advantage with Wolf is you are dealing with the tuner directly and can try different maps / customise as per your needs.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2018, 21:57   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Update :

Akshay, GT Tunerz Delhi can remap Baleno RS without opening ECU. He is the only tuner to do so in India. This is not an OBD flash. ECU has to be removed from car but there is no need to open it .
Old 3rd December 2018, 09:53   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Update :

Akshay, GT Tunerz Delhi can remap Baleno RS without opening ECU. He is the only tuner to do so in India. This is not an OBD flash. ECU has to be removed from car but there is no need to open it .
Are these chiptuning mods for 599 Euros (48k Rupees) are claiming 140 hp from the same 1.0L boosterjet without any additional mods reliable? These offer the convenience of plug and play type and wont void warranty. Are these trustworthy though?

https://www.cpa-chiptuning.de/en/chi...uning_4479.htm

And is there any turbo upgrade package for the Baleno RS? Has anyone done it and if so what are the gains?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd December 2018 at 15:02. Reason: Capitalization. Please take time to format your post before submitting. Thank you.
harik45 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th December 2018, 14:08   #224

Hey guys

Does anyone know if FRK racing in Bangalore do ECU remaps, turbo upgrades and other performance enhancement modifications for the baleno RS?.
Thanks in advance
Old 17th December 2018, 09:00   #225
Senior - BHPian

https://www.rushlane.com/skoda-rapid...-12284883.html

Quote:
The pumped up engine now produces a claimed 140 PS and 300 Nm of torque. That is a good 30 PS and 50 Nm more than the stock car which is no slouch to begin with.
Quote:
He also says that the significant boost in performance doesn’t come at a cost of efficiency. The tuned Rapid is said to deliver a fuel economy of 13-14 kmpl in city environment and around 18 kmpl on the highways, making it almost as efficient as the stock car. The mod job has been executed by Bengaluru-based Harmonixx Tuning.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks