Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2018, 13:44   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrjun View Post
Yes just an ECU flash bumps up power. But obviously for reliability it is advised to change charge pipes, down pipe and probably the FMIC.
Exactly! The 'reliability' is something most tuners do not tell you about. Before I remapped my Jetta, I had spoken to a couple of well established and branded tuners who had claimed power bumps of up to 190 bhp and promised long time reliability without the need to change any parts. Of course, they were charging around 40k for the remap.

The tuner who I got my remap done from also said that the car can be remapped to that power figure but told me that it is safer to keep it to around 170 bhp to ensure long time reliability. If I want to go higher, I will need to change the turbo first and maybe some other parts.
Epic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 09:56   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
The tuner who I got my remap done from also said that the car can be remapped to that power figure but told me that it is safer to keep it to around 170 bhp to ensure long time reliability. If I want to go higher, I will need to change the turbo first and maybe some other parts.
Based on what Ive been reading on various car tuning threads , I wouldn't go for 'power or bhp ' tuning targeting specific numbers.I would go with tuning options which improve drivability and then log those drives and go back to the tuner to improve rolling times eg 50 - 150 kmph. Peak bhp may mean little on the roads.
Also dyno readings can be manipulated but not GPS assisted runs.
shrjun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 16:16   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Very True. I fully agree here .

Dyno figures have become marketing tool for most of the tuners in India. They don't even dyno the car on stock map and publish only dyno figures of remapped runs.

I have bought Dragy GPS performance meter. We can time 0-100, 1/4 th mile and any custom set speeds.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 17:07   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Based on what Ive been reading on various car tuning threads , I wouldn't go for 'power or bhp ' tuning targeting specific numbers.I would go with tuning options which improve drivability and then log those drives and go back to the tuner to improve rolling times eg 50 - 150 kmph. Peak bhp may mean little on the roads.
You are right and I do not go by 'bhp' figures quoted. My tuner told me that my Jetta post remap 'should be around 170 bhp'. He also told me that we will know only by the logs. I haven't bothered much about knowing what my car's bhp is at post remap simply because I loved the way it felt post remap.The fact that it literally flies now as compared to before has convinced me that the power has been boosted big time.

But more importantly the engine is now much smoother & less noisier than before. I had unfortunately given my car to VW for the software update and that had made my car noisy and felt restricted a bit. Now, it is a whole different story.
Epic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 11:11   #200
BHPian

Hi guys. Any reviews of the Superchips Stage 1 remap for the GT TSI? APR doesn't have a remap available for the 1.2 TSI according to their Mumbai dealer. Are there any other options I could look at?
Old 6th October 2018, 12:25   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
APR doesn't have a remap available for the 1.2 TSI according to their Mumbai dealer. Are there any other options I could look at?
If you are particular about getting remap from reputed International brands, Revo Technik has remap available for 1.2 TSI. KS Motorsports is the Revo dealer in Mumbai.

You can also check with Pete's. Their new V3 map for 1.2 TSI is impressive. Other options are Indian tuners like Code 6, Wolf Moto, TOT etc. You need to check with them for Mumbai visit.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 6th October 2018 at 12:27.
Old 6th October 2018, 17:04   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Hi guys. Any reviews of the Superchips Stage 1 remap for the GT TSI? APR doesn't have a remap available for the 1.2 TSI according to their Mumbai dealer. Are there any other options I could look at?
Superchips I'm using for my Jetta. And I'm pretty happy with them. Now I'm looking out for a remap for my XUV, but unfortunately there are very very limited options available. Might have to look for Racedynamics Dual Channel. Any pointers available do let me know for XUV.
Old 6th October 2018, 17:09   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
If you are particular about getting remap from reputed International brands, Revo Technik has remap available for 1.2 TSI. KS Motorsports is the Revo dealer in Mumbai.
Thank you for your feedback. You are right about the first part. Mostly because my car is still under extended warranty, and I'm a generally risk-averse guy. Most of my driving is in the city, so the stock numbers are good enough for me. I'm doing the remap more for the increased driveability. Will check Revo out.
Old 6th October 2018, 19:38   #204
KMT
BHPian

I have a 1.6 vvt SX4. Its very slow and is very boring to drive.
Would any of you know if there are any tuners or remaps for this engine in Bangalore.
Old 6th October 2018, 19:56   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
I have a 1.6 vvt SX4. Its very slow and is very boring to drive.
Would any of you know if there are any tuners or remaps for this engine in Bangalore.
Remap is possible. But, it would be open ECU flash and lot of connections / soldering has to be done on ECU board. Due to the risks involved, most of the tuners would say it's not possible to remap.

I have seen only Kiirus posting about remapping SX4 petrol. This was couple of years back. But, I have no idea how good or bad their remaps are.

SX4 ECU : Bench flash (just look at the number of connections on board)
ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-fb_img_1538835680214.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/KIIRUSAUTOS...226627/?type=3

Kiirus is based out of Mumbai. I suggest you to check with Wolf Moto too as they visit Bangalore very often .
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2018, 07:09   #206
BHPian

Attached for whoever wants to look at data logging of a 3rd gear WOT - link will lead you to the log and individual parameters are clickable.

https://datazap.me/u/flyingspagghett...3-6-7-16-17-18
Attached Thumbnails
ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-team-data.jpg  

Old 27th October 2018, 18:26   #207
BHPian

Bhpians,

I'd like to get my car remapped. Any suggestions on tuners in Chennai?
Old 28th October 2018, 01:00   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
I'd like to get my car remapped. Any suggestions on tuners in Chennai?
Choose the tuner based on the car which you are going to tune. What car is it ?
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 23:20   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Choose the tuner based on the car which you are going to tune. What car is it ?
It's going to be the 1.8 iVTEC on the Civic. I know that NA petrol engines have a very limited scope in tuning. I am mainly looking forward to improve it's low rpm drive-ability and yes, if a power upgrade is plausible, I would be very much pleased.

Last edited by petroguzzler : 28th October 2018 at 23:22.
Old 31st October 2018, 13:05   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
It's going to be the 1.8 iVTEC on the Civic. I know that NA petrol engines have a very limited scope in tuning. I am mainly looking forward to improve it's low rpm drive-ability and yes, if a power upgrade is plausible, I would be very much pleased.
I have personally not seen any Civic with ECU remap on stock ECU. You can check with local tuners in Chennai like ICD Tuning, Sirius Motorsports etc.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks