Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2007, 15:04   #136
Team-BHP Support

Whoooosh... and it back Whatta relief
Old 3rd June 2007, 17:28   #137
Senior - BHPian

Just to add.. Crankshaft was relaced in my baleno too...since I complained of a bit of roughness in the engine...
There was no other issue though...the car was peppy, delivering high mileage (13kmpl+) and pretty reliable...so it came as a shock to me when they suggested that I should replace the shaft..but then I trust their judgement so went for it

I also remember a bill close to Rs30k but all I paid for was the service charges and the oil replacement.

At around the 27k mark..I started getting a boom in my car between 40-60.. it was not prominent though..
I complained to maruti and they replaced my front wheel bearings without any charge under warranty...the boom, however did not go away.
They tried putting the stock baleno tyres on my car and went for a test drive....they boom went away and so we realised that it was my tyres that was the issue. Out went the 185/65R14 Gyear NCT5s and in came the Michelins Energy XM1s in the same size..love the ride of these tyres and they are pretty silent too.

Maruti service is really good!! they have given me a loaner car so many times when I needed one...Only if they launched a 8 seater diesel 10-14 lakhs SUV... my next car is going to be a maruti too!!!

Last edited by Buffetfan : 3rd June 2007 at 17:31.
Old 22nd May 2008, 02:43   #138
Senior - BHPian

am i having a similar problem? there is a small incline which i take 45 seconds without traffic and 15minute with traffic before reaching home, twice i observed my car refusing to move after being in the bumper to bumper traffic on this incline, rpm drops if i leave the accelerator, revs up when pressed but refuses to move normally, just managed to limp into my building. the clutch and flywheel are quite new.spark plugs are new. even on plain road acceleration there is a noticeable noise(only i can hear it) from engine when i push her above 3000rpm and she shudders like the card esteem when i turn aircon on nowadays. she has done 80kms till now. am i going to run into huge bills? please advise, MAS is going to rip me off. where to go?
Old 22nd May 2008, 16:49   #139
Senior - BHPian

forgot to mention the engine control light also came on yesterday after this behaviour.
Old 22nd May 2008, 17:15   #140
BANNED

Hi,

In all probability you will have to replace your crank sensor. Should not be anything to worry about. If I am not mistaken should cost approx 3.5-4.5k from the market and approx another Rs500 to install at the max.

Viper
Old 22nd May 2008, 17:55   #141
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gigy,
That revving up while pressing the Clutch seems to be quite common with Baleno. Someone in the forum mentioned that cleaning the Oxygen sensors will solve the problem. And in my case this happens sometimes (it happened yesterday also) and goes after sometime automatically[mostly after I restart the engine].
I sometimes feel that the car has some mind of it's own ;-) . Someday she'll be revving freely,all happy and next day all grumpy and moody and acts like she doesn't want to move.
Regards,
Kaushik
Old 23rd May 2008, 06:59   #142
Senior - BHPian

i pray its the sensor only but the noise and stalling is making me think otherwise. just not able to decide where to take her. ratan motors ghatkopar is nearby but are they capable of understanding.
Old 23rd May 2008, 09:23   #143
Senior - BHPian

@Kaushik, now that you say it, I think I've also felt a similar temperamental behaviour of my car. Is the O2 sensor accessible? Where is it located? Can we clean it ourselves?
Old 23rd May 2008, 10:40   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
forgot to mention the engine control light also came on yesterday after this behaviour.
Have you tried the shorting trick on the diag terminal under the hood to find out the error code? redlinegti.com • View topic - 2001 Baleno Fault Codes

Give it a go. You will know which sensor is at fault.

Last edited by spadival : 23rd May 2008 at 10:44.
Old 23rd May 2008, 22:42   #145
Senior - BHPian

sure will try this out before taking her to service center. today had to spend 2hrs demodding her to make eligible for service center & eight bags of things to carry home.
Old 23rd May 2008, 23:14   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
sure will try this out before taking her to service center. today had to spend 2hrs demodding her to make eligible for service center & eight bags of things to carry home.
sorry if this sounds like a lame question. Do Stage 1 modded cars not get serviced at Maruthi Service Stations?
Old 24th May 2008, 00:14   #147
Senior - BHPian

Nice reading and one of the most interesting. Good to see Baleno come back to duty.

Now if at all we have any trouble like this in our Baleno, I would come to know what the problem is.

PS: What is BIL and FIL. I think that FIL stands for Ford India Limited, buth then what is BIL ? Can some one calrify
Old 24th May 2008, 00:38   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

PS: What is BIL and FIL. I think that FIL stands for Ford India Limited, buth then what is BIL ? Can some one calrify

BIL- Brother in Law
FIL- Father in law
Old 24th May 2008, 01:38   #149
Senior - BHPian

those stage 1 &2 modifications are mostly done by professionals so will look oem.i dont think MAS guys touch those modified components & they wash off hands if something goes wrong with it. my modifications are all diy till now. yet to see the day when i will go to viper for a FFE.
Old 24th May 2008, 01:51   #150
Senior - BHPian

last year i went for a bumper replacement at sai service. when i got it back was shocked to see they ripped of parking sensors and dumped it in boot. the wires were hanging below.i had to open those button sensor & resolder it. lucky its working. so this time i dont want them to wash my carputer since its kept below seat.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks