Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2008, 10:50   #166
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
ECM,
thanks for the link. went through it fully.
Will just change the camshaft position sensor tomorrow and leave it till the problem reappears. had enough of under revving and backfires.
i did check it as per the service manual and there was voltage variation as per the service book, may be its the temperature in the engine bay....
humyum, else next trip will be to ravi automobiles.
I paid 2300/for camshaft position sensor.
Old 16th June 2008, 04:43   #167
Senior - BHPian

went to spectra motorsto buy the sensor, was quoted 2500. then an other mechanic who seemed more senior offered to replace it. so brought car back & got the sensor replaced for 2410 including labour. just hoping.i also notice
the number 4 plug is having more carbon than rest all.

Last edited by gigy : 16th June 2008 at 04:44.
Old 16th June 2008, 08:36   #168
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
went to spectra motorsto buy the sensor, was quoted 2500. then an other mechanic who seemed more senior offered to replace it. so brought car back & got the sensor replaced for 2410 including labour. just hoping.i also notice
the number 4 plug is having more carbon than rest all.
99% you are done,good luck.
Old 3rd July 2008, 06:23   #169
ECM
BHPian

Gigy would request your feedback,is there still a problem or solved?
Old 6th July 2008, 22:54   #170
Senior - BHPian

have not driven much to positively rule out the problems. underreving has not occurred but she still vibrates, more so with ac on. there is the noise from engine or gerabox when accelerating. have changed the position of ignition coil to confirm no4 plug getting blackened. many be will remove the catcon and see. overall not happy. after my exams will have a through check
Old 7th July 2008, 09:31   #171
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
there is the noise from engine or gerabox when accelerating
If this is the sign,I feel sad to say that it is not good,when car is not moving and when you revv it and still you get some noise feel that it comes from Engine and not from gear box,mostly a sound of connecting rods.I request you to send me a PM with your cell no,will call you and try to see what the exact cause of this problem is.
Old 7th November 2008, 15:08   #172
Senior - BHPian

Exact same symptoms and problem shows up on my Baleno just weeks before I am about to sell it . Anyway, its good that I suspected something was seriously wrong, before an 800km long drive planned for the end of this month.

Service advisor calls up to say Crank pulley bolt seems to be broken. In this case though, I can still see the big nut in the middle of the crank pulley. The symptoms used to come on and off for the last couple of weeks and I was struggling to get an appointment with M.A.S.S.

Sounds like a weak spot on what is otherwise a reliable and well built engine. So Baleno owners watch out. If you go nowhere when you press the accelerator in 2nd gear, its probably time to get the crank pulley bolt checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Ok, I just got back. This is way beyond my technical understanding. But I'll try. The crank shaft bolt got broken and the remaining piece is still stuck there. See the center of the flywheel here...

As a result of this the pulleys get out of line and cams skip a teeth and everything goes out of whack. I can't get any technical than that.

They had opened the top of the engine, and were trying to see how many cams were off, something like that.

Last edited by spadival : 7th November 2008 at 15:16.
Old 7th November 2008, 15:19   #173
Team-BHP Support

So it was not a freak problem, definitely there is a weakness in that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
The symptoms used to come on and off for the last couple of weeks and I was struggling to get an appointment with M.A.S.S.
Couple of weeks to get appointment? I just drove up to M.A.S.S when I felt further power drop, the last 200 meters it was like crawling on knees. It was that close, the SA didn't even bother test driving it once he saw it underrevving so much.
Old 7th November 2008, 15:31   #174
Senior - BHPian

Sorry. I meant symptoms came on and off for last couple of weeks, but the car was/is drivable. Once or twice, it stuck at 500 rpm like you have described, but back to normal almost immediately. One week to get an appointment because we just came off the Diwali week and I guess they were a bit short of people not on holiday.
Old 7th November 2008, 18:03   #175
BHPian

Had a similar issue when my car had done round 40k. The scanner was plugged in at the dealer and I was told there was nothing wrong-strangely enough it went away after a couple of months

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks