Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2009, 21:57   #496
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
As I told earlier it was not broken in collision with something, but when i try to fold the mirror, which happened 4 times
You must be referring to the glass part alone? Are all the broken mirrors on the same side? If so, that casing cold have some problem. Try changing that casing.

Between Feb 2001 and December 2004 I had an Indica DLE. Since Oct 2005 I have a Marina. I have never lost a mirror while folding. At least in the India I have lost the glass part and even the casing due to brushes with other cars. In the Marina, the only time that I lost the mirror was when somebody swiped the driver's side one in a theatre parking lot.

All the best.
Old 9th November 2009, 05:55   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

You must be referring to the glass part alone?.

All the best.
No, not the glass part, I am referring to the case which houses the glass. The breaking usually happens in the bending area. There is some aluminum colored part, its the poor quality or something else is the cause of breakage.
Old 9th November 2009, 09:23   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
guys, anyone found some better TASS in Ahmedabad till now, have checked out with all of them and none seemed to do a proper job, thinking to try with Aspi motors which are improving with their services.
I haven't had any issues with cargo motors, what probs have you faced with them?
Old 9th November 2009, 12:35   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
No, not the glass part, I am referring to the case which houses the glass. The breaking usually happens in the bending area. There is some aluminum colored part, its the poor quality or something else is the cause of breakage.
You can change the housing only. My car (2006 model) has old type of mirrors, and i have never faced this issue. So if you are replacing, i think replacing with the old model type is sufficient. If you go with the new one, you will have to replace both left and right.
If, however, you dont have the left RVM anyway, then you have a choice between old type and new type!
Old 13th November 2009, 21:00   #500
BHPian

minor accident/incident: was reversing the car in my office parking, which is basically a huge open area/ground and is very dark in the evenings. i somehow missed this coconut tree and hit it :(
the rear glass is completely broken with a small dent in the boot door. i'm quite surprised 'cos i was very slow while reversing, but inspite of that a dent and rear glass breaking is difficult to fathom.
is it better to get the repairs done via the service centre (concorde) through insurance or should i get it done from outside (jc road?). I can sorta live with the small dent for now, but need to understand if its worth going thru insurance and letting go off the ncb next yr? please help!
Old 13th November 2009, 21:47   #501
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
the rear glass is completely broken with a small dent in the boot door.
...need to understand if its worth going thru insurance and letting go off the ncb next yr? please help!
Indica original (genuine) rear windscreen from Asahi costs about 1500/- outside and 2800/- at Windshield Experts - service centres charge about 3300/-. Fitting the glass outside is the cheapest option, but if you claim insurance you pay 50% of the cost, which means you pay about as much as fixing it outside, AND lose out on no-claim bonus on your insurance.

Not worth claiming insurance IMO.

Costs don't include cost of denting, but if it's a small one, "dry denting" should be an acceptable compromise. Costs maybe 200/-.
Old 13th November 2009, 22:34   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Fitting the glass outside is the cheapest option, but if you claim insurance you pay 50% of the cost, which means you pay about as much as fixing it outside, .
Thanks man! Are you sure about the insurance thing? I thought I would be charged only 50% of the rubber beadings+sealant cost.
Old 14th November 2009, 08:47   #503
BHPian

I have a 2008 indigo cs & I regret having this car as the clutch is too hard/sprigy. I drive about 100 kms a day and its paiful to drive in Delhi/Gurgaon traffic. On highways, there is not so much of a problem though due to consistent speeds. Is there a fix to the clutch problem? TASS says no solution.
Old 14th November 2009, 11:16   #504
BHPian

I have a 2003 Indica DLS run about 40K KMs. Of Late I am facing the following issues:
1. Jerking in the 2 & 3 gear (more when with AC & to a lesser extent without the AC) while accelarating.
2. Blower speed increases sometimes automatically (even though the physical blower speed knob is not touched)
Would appreciate help in diagnosing the cause.
Old 14th November 2009, 19:28   #505
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
I thought I would be charged only 50% of the rubber beadings+sealant cost.
Glass is covered 100%. The labour too! The rest as you have mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
I have a 2003 Indica DLS run about 40K KMs. Of
1. Jerking in the 2 & 3 gear (more when with AC & to a lesser extent without the AC) while accelarating.
To completely avoid jerking, it has to be a gradual accceleration. For me this jerking predominantly is when the RPM on changing up happens to be in the 1100 - 1200 RPM. Using System D with ordinary diesel or premium diesel reduces this problem. Personally if I don't fall into that RPM band, I don't get jerks. And I use premium diesel normally. When I switched to ordinary for 2 months, the jerking was more pronounced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
2. Blower speed increases sometimes automatically (even though the physical blower speed knob is not touched)
Does the headlights become brighter too? Your alternator regulator may need a check. Do check your alternator at a TVS Lucas centre.

I hope this helps!
Old 20th November 2009, 16:45   #506
Senior - BHPian

I sometimes feel the gear lever shakes much more then it used to, also a little of vibrations are felt at neutral level, what might be the cause.
There was a dent on my boot door, now the corporation cleaners have made another dent right below that one, which is more deeper and has also peeled off some colour, what would be the cost of denting and painting of boot door at dealership, and if done outside.

well tanveer, mine is brought at feb 2005, and this is felt in this few days, will check out today or tomorrow.

Last edited by vijaythacker : 20th November 2009 at 16:53.
Old 20th November 2009, 16:47   #507
Team-BHP Support

Check the bushes of the linkages checked.
If unattended, this eventually leads to linkage failure.
Tata improved the design later(2003 onwards I think) due to this problem of linkage giving away around 100,000kms.
Old 26th November 2009, 21:26   #508
BHPian

Due to Check Engine lamp gloving continuously I have replaced the Potentiometer as told by the TASC. But I notice the FE have dropped down(after the replacement, cost was 4.3k). For the past 2 weeks when the running with ac on and switching it off the engine rpm refuses to come down. Will the problem be regarding the potentiometer? and any body throw some lights regarding the working of potentiometer
Old 14th December 2009, 13:14   #509
BHPian

please help...!
hello,
I plan to replace all 4 Mcphersons on my Inidca petrol V2. I wanted to upgrade to stiffer springs but due to lack of aftermarket stuff for tata cars iv decided to use the diesel indica struts which are relatively stiffer than the petrol ones. Does anyone here know of better quality struts for the indica? I have a feeling that slightly stiffer springs would also improve the handling of the car.
Old 17th December 2009, 23:48   #510
BHPian

Can help acquiring the Aucoustic Dampner kit for my Indica v2 DLS?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks