Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2008, 18:33   #61
BHPian

The engine cranks but the car doesn't start. After trying a few times it slows and the car has to be pushed.

I read your thread about indica starting problems. you said that the stereo shouldnt switch off while starting the car. I have a pio 6950 and it switches off when i start the car. Does this mean anything ?
Old 13th February 2008, 18:59   #62
Team-BHP Support

The engine is cranking at normal speed but the car is not starting. This means the starter is okay, but somehow engine is not starting when car is warm.
Could you give more details.
Does your car automatically switch off when warm?
If no, then the only culprit could be solenoid valve.
Does this happen always or sometimes?
Old 13th February 2008, 19:14   #63
BHPian

The car does not switch off when warm. And the problem is occasional. Most of the times the car runs fine but once in a while (few times a week) it has to be pushed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The engine is cranking at normal speed but the car is not starting. This means the starter is okay, but somehow engine is not starting when car is warm.
Could you give more details.
Does your car automatically switch off when warm?
If no, then the only culprit could be solenoid valve.
Does this happen always or sometimes?
Old 13th February 2008, 23:50   #64
Team-BHP Support

This appears to be solenoid valve.
Your car has an ECU. The tata workshop people can connect diagnostics and find out whats wrong
Old 14th February 2008, 18:01   #65
BHPian

Thanks Tanveer. I shall go over to the garage and tell them today.
Old 19th February 2008, 20:40   #66
BHPian

I had got the Wheel Hubs Greased and Wheel Balanced around 1000 KM back, but shortly I noticed a rumbling sound coming from the rear- left passenger side. It comes on bad roads or uneven roads, Got the suspension checked, its fine- What could it be, Since the mech cannot identify the cause.

As a preventive measure, I had them grease the Rear Shocker Arms, Grease and tighten the Under body bolts, But still the noise remains.

What I suspect is that it may have something to do with the Drum or Bearings on this side, but since they were checked and greased at 25,000 KM-I'm unsure.
Old 19th February 2008, 20:45   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
What could it be, Since the mech cannot identify the cause.
It may well be the bearings. Try to listen to the noise when the car is cruising at 40kmph and then switching off the engine. If the noise persists, its the bearing in all probabilities.
Old 19th February 2008, 20:48   #68
BHPian

I can hear the noise on low speeds, specially since I drive back late and roads are quite. It specifically comes from the Left rear side.

Also I was pertuped by the constant squeeking and rattles every now and then from the rear, Got it checked- Turns out the parcel tray and rear tail lamps were the culprits- got them adjusted, noise gone except for this Rumble.
Old 26th February 2008, 22:41   #69
BHPian

Drove another 500 KM in this week, the noise is there. Will be visiting the workshop tommorow and check the rear wheel bearing. Would it be possible for a wheel bearing to wear out immediately from the time of re-greasing the Hub.

Also, I have BOSCH Brake Pads installed at 25,000 KM- The Brake power is good, for the first few 100 KM's there was no squeeky noise, Offlate I have noticed that once the car is warmed up, The Brakes Squeel on slowing down, Its not the metallic grind that comes when the pads are worn, but a normal squeel. Any suggestions on what to do- I don't think cleaning the pads with sand paper has helped, since I go it done, but the sound came back.
Old 27th February 2008, 09:42   #70
BANNED

The normal squeal of brakes is usually caused by dust in brake drums.
Old 28th February 2008, 12:54   #71
Team-BHP Support

Indica Xeta takes several attempts to start

After the first service of my sister's vehicle a strange problem has cropped up, the car does not start before 3 -4 crankings. can anybody please suggest what may have gone wrong?
Old 28th February 2008, 14:15   #72
BHPian

Hi

Indica Xeta 2006 - 18000 kms 1.4 GLS (Petrol)

I have been facing the cold start problems for over 2 weeks. Went to TASC a week back (for non cooling of the ac) and they put gas, there was some leakage and gave me bill of 3000/-, wheel alignment etc...

But the main problem with the cold start never went away. The rep has recently told me that there is a switch near the driver seat which needs to be presed. But that has been to no avail.... I havent taken extended warranty and this dude gave a synopsis about why one should take it etc. etc. and that i missed it cos i did not go within 15 months..... useless dumb...

I am thinking of going to a mechanic and have this sorted....but am sceptical since I have never taken my car to a road side garage
Old 29th February 2008, 00:43   #73
BHPian

Sail, I suggest take the extended warranty, Whats a 4000 rupees compared to the coverage offered.

Suspension, ECU,Fuel Injectors, Pump, Engine Parts etc etc.

You can also opt for 24/38/48 months coverage- each at different costs- 48 months extended cover comes for Rs 4000. The later you purchase the expensive it becomes.
Old 29th February 2008, 00:57   #74
Team-BHP Support

wolfi, he is past the 15 month period within which the extended warranty needs to be taken. He can't go for it anymore. Its a real handy thing though.
Old 29th February 2008, 00:59   #75
BHPian

I think he still can, its offered here. As far As I'm aware-Suggest that more information can be obtained from another TASC or TATA regional Center.

You can not apply if you exceed the 18 months Manufacturers warranty.

However since its late, He will have to shell out a premium, which in the most likely range of 4000 should buy him 38 months instead of 48.

Suggest that Sail, Take it- if its still up for grabs.

But coming back to the issue, The car is warrantied for another 3 months- The Cold start issue needs to be resolved, Did you check the Coil, Starter and Plugs.

Also the switch being referred to is under the Driver seat, Don't know how it works, has some rubber top- I guess Msharma, one of the other XETA owners on the forum talked about how he discovered it during a After Wash Mayhem.

Last edited by wolfinstein : 29th February 2008 at 01:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks