Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2008, 16:56   #196
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithinnarayanan View Post
Need to get my alternator checked.
Please give me details of the Lucas TVS service center in bangalore.
The following is what I got from the Bangalore online directory. I assume this is what you wanted, anyway a phone call will settle it.

LUCAS INDIAN SERVICES,65/2,MILLERS ROAD,560 046 - 23536138

In case, the above is wrong, take a look at the following:

Lucas-TVS Contact Us
Old 3rd December 2008, 18:00   #197
BHPian

Gear Shift problem in Indica

Faced problem in slotting the gears in my Indica Turbo yesterday. It has run 22k and 10 months old. I had not faced this problem previously. Could not slot it 1st gear. Slotted it to 2nd gear and then drive down. It was very patchy while changing the gears. I thought will take it service station and get it checked.
But today morning while taking it out to park outside did notice the gears
were easily slottable. And i took it to work and drove down 50KMS without any problem.
Can the experts give their suggestions? I am planning to take it check-up on Saturday.
Old 3rd December 2008, 19:00   #198
BHPian

Is the problem only with 1st or in all gears ?
Old 3rd December 2008, 19:38   #199
Senior - BHPian

How many times this has happened?

Did this happened in the morning or drive after long parking?

If that happens next time, just Apply Reverse gear once, and then try 1st
Old 4th December 2008, 17:29   #200
BHPian

Had problem in shifting to 1st & Reverse gear. Some how was able to slot it to 2nd gear and move it. I had taken it out from parking lot and had run arround 2 KMS stopped for snack break. Had not faced problem then, but only when i came back break & started observed this problem.
Today also drove the vehicle and was able to slot gears correctly.
Not sure what was the problem at that point of time. In two minds to take it to service station or not.
Old 4th December 2008, 18:26   #201
BHPian

How to access the inside of the Vents below the Front windshield glass?

Hi All,
Indica has these vents just at the top of the dashboards near the front windshield glass touching the dash on the inside. Does any one have any idea, how to extract object(obviously samll ones) out of these vents if it is dropped inside. Is there any way other than seeking professional help?

Regds.
Rajesh
Old 4th December 2008, 19:05   #202
BHPian

If its just 10 months old and under warranty, get it to TASS and let them change anything they want. Think of it as their problem, not yours

I had a similar problem but only with 1st gear, they changed a gear linkage ~200 rs but the labor charged was 1500 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasmhn View Post
Had problem in shifting to 1st & Reverse gear. Some how was able to slot it to 2nd gear and move it. I had taken it out from parking lot and had run arround 2 KMS stopped for snack break. Had not faced problem then, but only when i came back break & started observed this problem.
Today also drove the vehicle and was able to slot gears correctly.
Not sure what was the problem at that point of time. In two minds to take it to service station or not.
Old 5th December 2008, 01:14   #203
Team-BHP Support

My NA Indica recently had its 35k service. In this service they changed the front brake pads, rear brake cylinder and the rear wheel bearings. However since then a new problem has cropped up. Every morning when I take the car out for the 1st 3 kms or so it makes a peculiar "khrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" sound from the left side when braked. The intensity of the sound is directly proportional to the speed and the urgency of the braking.

Now, twice I took it to the service station guys but the sound stops by the time it reaches there. It only happens again the next morning. Peculiar! Now they want me to leave the car with them overnight so that they can check the car next morning.

What do you guys think it can be? I suspect it has something to do with the rear brake cylinder which was replaced (under extended warranty). It should not be the bearings since the sound only comes when I brake. Also, it has some connection with the temperature. The sound obviously stops after 3 kms of drive as something thats fouling gets heated up and that changes the behavior. What can it be?
Old 8th December 2008, 09:02   #204
Senior - BHPian

I've always heard this funny squeak ( as if something was rotating unlubricated) every time after i wash the car/front windscreen. Recently, ts happening during morning/night cold starts. any idea why ?
Old 9th December 2008, 00:06   #205
Team-BHP Support

Typically if you manage to enter water in the drums you will get that squeaky noise for the next few kms thereafter. It will stop when the brake shoes/linings dry up due to the heat.

P.S. It can also happen if your bearings have worn out. Typically the rear bearings last a little over 30k kms, depending on the way its driven, whereas the front ones have a much longer life.

Last edited by Zappo : 9th December 2008 at 00:09.
Old 9th December 2008, 06:51   #206
Senior - BHPian

no, this happens when the car is stationary , immediately after I've started it . the sound goes away after 10 or 20 seconds
Old 10th December 2008, 18:58   #207
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
no, this happens when the car is stationary , immediately after I've started it . the sound goes away after 10 or 20 seconds
Most probably, it would be a loose belt. Tightening it should solve the noise problem.
Old 10th December 2008, 19:12   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Most probably, it would be a loose belt. Tightening it should solve the noise problem.
Agreeing with Dr.Rajesh. The power steering pulley belt tension would need to adjusted. I would suggest/prefer living with this startup noise as the tightening would result in a "slightly" heavier steering, as has happened in my case now.
Old 12th December 2008, 09:45   #209
BHPian

Sudden Surge in rpm

Hi everybody,

I have NA Indica DLS which has run for 93.5K. For last couple of weeks, I have been observing one strange phenomenon. While the car is running, I suddenly feel the car has gone sluggish, and at the same time, AC blower pumps more air through AC. This last for may be 10-15 seconds and I feel sudden surge in the acceleration of the car, AC returns to normal air pumping.

During the night driving also I have experienced the same phenomenon, but, in addition to the same, once the car becomes sluggish and AC blower pumps more air, the Dashboard lights brighten up more than usual and the Headlight is also brighter.

This is again for 10 odd seconds and things revert to normal and again goes into the same loop of sluggishness accompanied with other observable indicators as mentioned above.

Today morning while coming to office, when the same occured, the Car HU (Sony Xplod) lost power and came back again during the same behaviour of the car. This happened 4-5 times and finally shut off the HU completely. When there was no power to HU, horn was working, cabin lights were also working. So, I don't think, car battery may be an issue. My battery was replaced 2.5 years back just for the record.

Is Alternator an issue? Is regulator an issue? Alternator was serviced during 90K servicing, but that service in general screwed up my car more.

During the 90K servicing, I had requested them to look into my AC problem ( it runs only on air speed 2 or more). They were unable to solve the same.
The cabin lights did not come on when the driver or co driver door was opened. They replaced the door switches and now, they are constantly on. So the switches are in off position.

Earlier, my central locking was not giving problem, but after service, it gives 4-5 long beeps after locking indicating something is wrong somewhere.

For first time, servicing was done at Pandit Automobiles (90K service) and I am repenting on the same.

Anyways, can you help me identifying what can be issue and what needs to be done?

Thanks

takecare and drivesafely
Old 12th December 2008, 10:36   #210
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkavthekar View Post
During the night driving also I have experienced the same phenomenon, but, in addition to the same, once the car becomes sluggish and AC blower pumps more air, the Dashboard lights brighten up more than usual and the Headlight is also brighter.

Is Alternator an issue? Is regulator an issue? Alternator was serviced during 90K servicing, but that service in general screwed up my car more.
Please check your alternator. The voltage regulator is gone for sure.

Please don't take it to the TASC for this. Find a local Lucas TVS center for this.

The following is what I got off from the online directory:

020-27494684 CHINCHWAD LUCAS TVS LIMITED RES OF K P ACHUTAN RL 179 G BLOCK PMP CHDINDUSTRIAL AREACHINCHWAD 411019
020-26611419 PUNE LUCAS TVS LTD HERMIS HARITAGE-II H8-10/11OFF NAGAR ROADSHASTRINAGAR 411014

Lucas-TVS Contact Us

If the above does not help, ask an auto electrician and he would be able to direct you to a Lucas TVS centre.

Hope this helps!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks