Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2008, 12:52   #76
BHPian

Thanks Wolfi, yes its the rubber knob but a bit hard to press. Anyways has not served the purpose of gettting the car to start.

Will once again try for the Extended Warranty if available.

Will also get the Coil, Starter and Plugs checked and update you guys.

Thanks again.
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:24   #77
BHPian

Since this is a dedicated thread for problems related to Indica, I will ask for help on an issue, I faced yesterday.
I was driving my car and suddenly, I noticed that the RPM niddle went down to zero. The car was still running, I changed the gear and niddle went up again after this I drove around 50 KM and kept an eye on RPM Meter but it never happened again. Today again I drove around 150 KM so far but the RPM never came down below 1000.
Is this something I need to worry about or was it just glitch that should be ignored.
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:34   #78
BHPian

Hi Guys / Wolfi

Just got a reply from the Customer Care Centre asking me to get in touch with the dealer regarding the Extended Warranty... when I mentioned that it is not available with them since it happens centrally by Globus/Global.... she did not have any clue ...she asked me to speak to the dealer.

The dealer has declined the request, should I go for the AMC then.Guys?

Anonymus: I too had experienced a situation when I was in the 3rd gear and then the engine suddenly died down .may be i was not accelerating at all and was caught in a jam.... the car had enough momentum to reach a LHS of the road, after which I stopped the engine and started after a minute or so and it has been running well.

But yours is the reverse situation..the experts will be able to give you more info on that!
Old 10th March 2008, 20:23   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Since this is a dedicated thread for problems related to Indica, I will ask for help on an issue, I faced yesterday.
I was driving my car and suddenly, I noticed that the RPM niddle went down to zero. The car was still running, I changed the gear and niddle went up again after this I drove around 50 KM and kept an eye on RPM Meter but it never happened again. Today again I drove around 150 KM so far but the RPM never came down below 1000.
Is this something I need to worry about or was it just glitch that should be ignored.
Ok. I again faced this issue today, the RPM Meter just died, while the car was running and battery light came on. The car was still running fine. I stopped the car, restarted it again but same situation, so I decided to go to TASS. The car was still in same condition and after around 200 meter, the battery light went off and RPM niddle started dancing.
TASS guys told me that it could be Radiator problem (The car has clocked 80K so far)
Any idea guys?
Old 10th March 2008, 20:31   #80
Senior - BHPian

The RPM meter runs off the alternator, right? If the rpm meter dies and battery indicator is glowing, the probelm should be alternator.
Old 10th March 2008, 21:51   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
The RPM meter runs off the alternator, right? If the rpm meter dies and battery indicator is glowing, the probelm should be alternator.
This is what I was told by TASS. So its most likely to be alternator related problem. Any idea what could be the problem there?
Old 11th March 2008, 00:44   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
TASS guys told me that it could be Radiator problem (The car has clocked 80K so far)
Any idea guys?
Radiator?!!! TASS told you the RPM meter just dies down because there is a problem in the radiator?

Quote:
This is what I was told by TASS. So its most likely to be alternator related problem. Any idea what could be the problem there?
At 80k+ it could only mean your alternator is on the verge of packing up. Do get this thing checked before it conks permanently and leaves you stranded.

When the alternator stops supplying and the battery light comes on in a running car you better take all the load off the battery except for what is required to keep the car running. Do not shut down the car and drive it quickly down to the mech. Your car is basically living a borrowed life. The battery is not charging any more and the battery is supplying the current instead of the alternator. As soon as the battery goes down (which soon will) your car will go belly up.

I though have only one niggling bit of doubt here. You say it happens infrequently with you and then (I am guessing) again everything comes back to normal, since it happened earlier also. Could it be that there are loose connections because of which it stops supplying sometimes and then again starts working?!

Last edited by Zappo : 11th March 2008 at 00:57.
Old 11th March 2008, 00:56   #83
BHPian

Which TASS is this, And Are you sure you din't hear Alternator !!!
Old 11th March 2008, 11:38   #84
BHPian

Hi Guys

Just gave my GLS 2006 (Indica 1.4) to TASS for a thorough check of Cold Start, will be picking my car tomorrow and see how she runs!

BTW - have been noticing but forgot to mention - the max speed the car reaches in the 2nd is less than 30 KM/HR and it wont go upto 50 in the 3rd (with a bit of pressure on the accelerator) and then in 4th hits 40 easily. Is this happening only to my car or is it a issue with other TATA makes (Indica i mean).

Do advise and also why does it happen, and what could be the solution for the same.

Thanks guys
Old 11th March 2008, 13:55   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Most shopkeepers will ask this question when you ask for a spare part.
"Local or original".
In this case get the original.
This is one of the best lines I've come across in the forum - Super Tanveer
Old 11th March 2008, 14:06   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Radiator?!!! TASS told you the RPM meter just dies down because there is a problem in the radiator?
I though have only one niggling bit of doubt here. You say it happens infrequently with you and then (I am guessing) again everything comes back to normal, since it happened earlier also. Could it be that there are loose connections because of which it stops supplying sometimes and then again starts working?!
Ok baba, it was alternator not radiator.
It only happened twice in last 1 month and lasted only for 2 minutes, any idea what could be the problem?
Old 12th March 2008, 22:17   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ok baba, it was alternator not radiator.
It only happened twice in last 1 month and lasted only for 2 minutes, any idea what could be the problem?
This could be the problem with the mechanism which powers the RPM meter. Why assume the worst. Or it can be a case of bad fuses or relays etc.,
The alternator can be easily checked. Just plug in a multimeter, and wait for this problem to manifest. If voltage is dropping below 12.8 with headlights on, you got a problem.
If its a fuse or wiring problem, good luck debugging that, it takes lot of time.
Anyways you are in NCR, so you are in luck. Don't got to TASS, they will make you buy a new car after they are done with it.
There is a good electrician in Noida who is good with finding electrical faults.
His name is Imam, and he sits near Hemkunt Motors in the last lane of Sec 16 Noida, right next to the Castrol workshop.
Tell him that the guy with the black indica, KA numberplate sent you. Explain him the problem(if the problem can appear while he is there it will be great).
He will take his own sweet time and you may need to spend a few hours to a whole day there out in the sun, but the problem will get solved.
Hemkunt motors carry most of Tata genuine spares, so any parts needed should be available.
Old 13th March 2008, 11:36   #88
BHPian

Problem still persists!

Hi Guys

Got my serviced Indica yesterday but in the morning today the car refused to start for atleast 3 minutes.

They got the spark plugs changed, cleant up the fuel pump but there is no solution. Paid Rs.551/- in all.

Now have lost the patience on this - its so damn irritating that I have to wait and crank up my engine every morning for atleast 3 minutes where as all the others start their cars and whizz off!

I am thinking of taking the car to a local mechanic in Mumbai or Thane.... is there anyone who has a good mechanic in mind. Will surely like to give it a shot!
Old 20th March 2008, 17:18   #89
BHPian

Im planning to buy an Amaron black 60AH battery. Price is 4100 minus 550 for old battery.

Is 60AH enough or do i need 65AH ?
Old 20th March 2008, 17:27   #90
BHPian

Guys

Havent heard from you for a while now, please try and revert on my query above.

Also wanted to bring to the notice that a week back I went to refuel my car which was half - filled in Xtra Premium, the auto stop wasnt fuctioning so the petrol over filled and fell, paid my money and drove off.... but i then realised that the fuel gauge marker did not turn fully to the right side - it was about 2-3 cms above the full (fuel marked line).

Why did this happen? Whilst on the previous ocassion when i filled regular fuel - the gauge marker turned fully to its right side.

Do reply...thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks