Old 24th December 2008, 10:53   #226
Senior - BHPian

2002 march indica dle.
Old 24th December 2008, 10:59   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

I am sure you won't mind the details coming from me!

Just click on the following links:

Yahoo! Groups
Yahoo! Groups

Hope this helps.
Rajesh saab,
Thankyou very much.
I called the guys at the service centre.
Will be giving it for service in 1st week of jan as I will be in Kannur from today till the 2nd
Old 28th December 2008, 10:31   #228
Senior - BHPian

My Indica's tripmeter halts at 9kms reading! .not working afterwards.Is it a easy fix?else ,whom I need to contact - workshop or auto electrician?
Old 28th December 2008, 11:54   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
My Indica's tripmeter halts at 9kms reading! .not working afterwards.
If it is a mechanical tripmeter, zero it and slightly 'pull' out the knob to ensure it is not staying just a shade depressed. Might just do the trick.
Old 28th December 2008, 12:14   #230
Senior - BHPian

^yes ,a mechanical meter.I will try your suggestion.thanks again!
Old 31st December 2008, 14:30   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkavthekar View Post
Hi everybody,

I have NA Indica DLS which has run for 93.5K. For last couple of weeks, I have been observing one strange phenomenon. While the car is running, I suddenly feel the car has gone sluggish, and at the same time, AC blower pumps more air through AC. This last for may be 10-15 seconds and I feel sudden surge in the acceleration of the car, AC returns to normal air pumping.

During the night driving also I have experienced the same phenomenon, but, in addition to the same, once the car becomes sluggish and AC blower pumps more air, the Dashboard lights brighten up more than usual and the Headlight is also brighter.

This is again for 10 odd seconds and things revert to normal and again goes into the same loop of sluggishness accompanied with other observable indicators as mentioned above.

Today morning while coming to office, when the same occured, the Car HU (Sony Xplod) lost power and came back again during the same behaviour of the car. This happened 4-5 times and finally shut off the HU completely. When there was no power to HU, horn was working, cabin lights were also working. So, I don't think, car battery may be an issue. My battery was replaced 2.5 years back just for the record.

Is Alternator an issue? Is regulator an issue? Alternator was serviced during 90K servicing, but that service in general screwed up my car more.

During the 90K servicing, I had requested them to look into my AC problem ( it runs only on air speed 2 or more). They were unable to solve the same.
The cabin lights did not come on when the driver or co driver door was opened. They replaced the door switches and now, they are constantly on. So the switches are in off position.

Earlier, my central locking was not giving problem, but after service, it gives 4-5 long beeps after locking indicating something is wrong somewhere.

For first time, servicing was done at Pandit Automobiles (90K service) and I am repenting on the same.

Anyways, can you help me identifying what can be issue and what needs to be done?

Thanks

takecare and drivesafely
OK, here's the update. As suugested by Rajesh, I took my car to Lucas TVS for the servicing of the alternator and regulator. Regulator was an issue and needed to be changed. Also, Oil seal in the regulator had gone bad and oil was seeping onto the brushes. Oil seal was changed. Thankfully, brushes were still intact. Total charges came to 1500 + 300 for taking out alternator and refitting it back. Now, I do not feel any issues with dashboard lights getting bright and back to normal again and car becoming sluggish. However, I still do feel a very slight change is the AC blower speed at times, but not sure if my mind is working on me. So I will wait for some more time to see if I really need to take it back to Lucas TVS.

For AC, I took my vehicle to Climate Engineers on Karve Road. The air speed switch on the dashboard had gone bad and hence it would not function on speed one. Normally, the resistor switch goes bad, but in my case, since we had changed it 2-3 times earlier, we checked it again this time and it was good. Checked switch on dashboard and that had gone bad. Also cleaned the condensor coil. Its hell to take it out from behind the dashboard and a very tedious job. Anyways, after cleaning and refitting, compressor was filled with gas again. This was done for the first time in last 6 years of ownership. Now, cooling is back to normal and I am enjoying the cooling on speed 1. Total charges - Rs2500 inclusive of switch change, condensor cleaning and gas refill. Total time for this job - 4 hours.

The only issue now remains is the electricals and that I will probably look at next weekend.

Again, thanks to Rajesh for his guidance and going out of the way to find out Lucas TVS numbers and forwarding them to me.

takecare and drive safely
Old 31st December 2008, 15:31   #232
Senior - BHPian

Help Needed Urgently:

today went to a small trip to Kottayam for a Wedding in Indica.The first section ,ie to kottayam was OK as I was driving without AC.
But afternoon 1'O Clock I left from there in hot sun.switched on A/C and driving back through hilly areas of Kottayam ,I was feeling tired of changing gears and the slow acceleration which I had to face.
1) with AC and a Hilly section suddenly came ,I switch to 3rd gear and try to continue.but in that gear it terribly loses power and had to switch off A/C and shift to 2nd for climbing.
I had another Indica DLS earlier(2004 model) ,havent faced this much struggling with it.
What I understand:
If I pump the accelerator and try on 3rd gear on this ghat sections ,it Climbs albeit after few seconds of hard pumping with acclerator.what needs to be checked? Is this due to fuel pump problem?had already serviced Nozzle.that fellow said if again power is lacking ,he need to "service" the fuel pump.
2)Should I de-carbonize the Engine.My Uncle got some diesel engine treatment he bought from australia(made in USA) ,Is that useful?
OR
Manual De-carbonization opening engine parts?

I will be leaving the car for service at TVS service centre here.

Thanks.

Last edited by deepclutch : 31st December 2008 at 15:35.
Old 31st December 2008, 20:52   #233
Senior - BHPian

not a big issue, but when i leave the steering wheel free, it pulls to the left. noticed the left wheel getting a bit more worn out too. got the alignment done, but the steering tends to go to the left when i leave it free. As long as i hold it, no issues though
Old 1st January 2009, 09:16   #234
Senior - BHPian

^not any issue like that.
and regarding my Indica's problem- clutch almost fully word out.so ,that's the problem not much of a power issue.
I will be leaving the car for garage tomorrow most probably.
Old 1st January 2009, 10:30   #235
BHPian

The infamous Indica rattle

I am sure a lot of Indica users must be facing this problem...the infamous Indica rattle....my indica is a great car...but it makes too much noise and rattle from almost every where!!! I actually can't even find where exactly is the noise coming from!!!

Tried to resolve this thru TASS, local mechanic...the rattle stops for few days after servicing...and then comes back with a bigger bang...

Is there any way this cna be resolved? I am in Pune and if anyone knows a garage that cna take care of this problem...please let me...it will help me start the year on a noise-free note..

wishing all a very Happy new Year...drive safely....lets others drive safely as well!!
Old 1st January 2009, 11:06   #236
Senior - BHPian

a few quick steps
-lose the plastic rear tray. if its essential , get an MDF one instead
-some insulation tape around the stubs the rear seats latch onto
-make sure everything in the boot is secured
Old 1st January 2009, 14:39   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
-lose the plastic rear tray. if its essential , get an MDF one instead
what is MDF?huh???some info?the rear tray is removed in my Indica already.
Only rattle ,I hear is from front driver side door.
Old 1st January 2009, 14:49   #238
Senior - BHPian

Medium density fibreboard. like Nuwud. If you have 6x9's then you'll get better bass as a bonus. an MDF rear tray will cost <1k. make sure its made of .75 mm thick MDF , and not some cheap other stuff
Old 1st January 2009, 15:02   #239
Senior - BHPian

^I think Such a thing is already available for Indica's in Car Store(ICE)'s.I saw one ,which is for Rs700 .He said it will "sound" good with rear speaker system.
--
Yesterday ,changed the winding mechanism(front door) of my uncle's indica.only a "rhombus" shaped white plastic piece was worn out due to its constant touch/friction with the aluminium lift.This is sure Idiosyncrasy in the part of TATA! I mean how can that plastic component surive the friction?

and the whole assembly costs Rs520 something.No retail of fake/low quality individual parts for Indica are available in Kerala a pleanty.go to coimbatore and the scenario changes!

I got a pending work for my Indica left.I will be getting most important parts from coimbatore or bangalore.no way kochi.

Then ,there is thick wires connecting to low wattage fuses in Indica.My indica's Radiator fan wiring goes through a fuse this way.anyhow tried some other rating fuse now and it is OK.
--
Old 1st January 2009, 15:33   #240
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
However, I still do feel a very slight change is the AC blower speed at times, but not sure if my mind is working on me. So I will wait for some more time to see if I really need to take it back to Lucas TVS.
It could be your mind! No harm in checking it once more.

Quote:
Again, thanks to Rajesh for his guidance and going out of the way to find out Lucas TVS numbers and forwarding them to me.
I just did what I could! Thanks.

May you have a happy and prosperous New Year!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks