Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2009, 22:03   #286
BHPian

Ya its for the NA versions only. Which explains why it may not be available now.

There are a few people who've gotten it installed at TIUG but the posts are from a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
aditya , i think it came only with the NA DLX models. with the introduction of the TCIC engine , i think the plastic covers were discontinued. But the hood has a plastic scoop on its underside which is used to channel the air to the intercooler
Old 9th March 2009, 11:47   #287
BHPian

Suspension work and non-ASC mechanic in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
No need to go to the ASC. It's a quick job of replacing the suspension arm completely, any mechanic will do it for you in 2 hours. Get your wheel alignment reset after the change. Get it done ASAP, because Indica front susp arms are notorious for breaking and leaving you stranded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Wow! Is that true?

Bushes wear out and you RENEW the whole arm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Oh, OK, I can understand that for brass/steel bushes they might not.
I had thought these were some rubber bushes being discussed!

from me too!
And as Anup clarified, it was the rubber bushes i was talking of. What i would like to know is if this can be handled by a non-ASC mechanic. If yes, where in Bangalore do I find a good one?

If i follow up the replacement of bushes from a trustworthy non-ASC guy with a wheel alignment job, is there anything the ASC could have done better?

The ASC quoted somewhere within 2.5K for the job. Is that OK? How much might a good non-ASC mechanic charge me?
Old 9th March 2009, 14:14   #288
BHPian

I am back with new problem. Recently I had done 90K service and under this, air filter, diesel filter were changed. After 2K KM running, it is now giving starting problem. In the morning, the car doesn't want to start, I have to keep pushing the accelarator while putting the ignition on continuously. After 2/3 tries, it starts and than runs fine the whole day. I had changed the glow plugs at around 65K and battery was also changed at 30K. So I am wondering if its battery problem or something else?
Old 9th March 2009, 17:26   #289
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
Has anyone had the engine acoustic damper fitted ?It is the black cover on the engine which comes as standard in the DLX version to decrease engine noise and improve cooling.
This is a bit old, but the answer is yes, but depends on the model.

Yahoo! Groups

EDIT: saw your later post after posting this. Sorry.

Last edited by trrk : 9th March 2009 at 17:29.
Old 9th March 2009, 18:05   #290
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
In the morning, the car doesn't want to start, I have to keep pushing the accelarator while putting the ignition on continuously.
That symptom usually points to glow plug/s failure.
Old 9th March 2009, 18:56   #291
BHPian

Quote:
I had changed the glow plugs at around 65K and battery was also changed at 30K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
This is what I thought but glow plugs going kaput in 27k KM makes me and they were changed at TASS.
Old 9th March 2009, 20:03   #292
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
This is what I thought but glow plugs going kaput in 27k KM makes me and they were changed at TASS.
My Marina lost all its glow plugs at 32991kms.

I just suggested a possible glow plug problem. I can't think of anything else for cold starting problem.
Old 10th March 2009, 12:59   #293
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
the fuel filter setups seem to be different for the NA/TCIC/and dicor engines
This is what is seen in my Marina manual.

Tata Indica - List of problems-marinap85fuelfilter_small.jpg

As per message in TIUG, somewhere in 2006, the diesel filter has been changed to the single filter typr for all diesel engines.
Old 10th March 2009, 19:52   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
...glow plugs going kaput in 27k KM...
Quote:
...Marina lost all its glow plugs at 32991kms.
Indicas still continue with a glow plug going kaput issue? I'm surprised... I've gone through at least 5-6 sets of glow plugs in the 3.5 years I had an Indica V2 DLS (sold in Jan. '05). No one knew why the plugs would go bust every now and then. Thought TML would have addressed the issue by now.
Old 11th March 2009, 18:01   #295
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Indicas still continue with a glow plug going kaput issue?
I can't say it is a big problem as the instances are few and far from what I have gathered from the Yahoo Indica group.

In my Indica (Feb 2001 to Nov 2004) I have changed 3 glow plugs, 2 at 53000kms and one at 60000kms. It was there with me for 65000kms.
Old 11th March 2009, 18:13   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have changed 3 glow plugs, 2 at 53000kms and one at 60000kms. It was there with me for 65000kms.
Everytime I lost a glow plug, I would replace the whole set, just to be on the safe side. I had run the car for about 95,000 km before I sold it. By which time it had developed "back-compression", with blow-by gases coming out of the cam cover (on opening the oil cap). This despite careful maintenance and oil changes etc.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 11th March 2009 at 18:15.
Old 17th March 2009, 19:19   #297
BHPian

Quote:
I had changed the glow plugs at around 65K
Quote:
Quote:
This is what I thought but glow plugs going kaput in 27k KM makes me .
Quote:
I just suggested a possible glow plug problem. I can't think of anything else for cold starting problem.
On other day, when my car failed to start completely, I poured some hot water on the glow plugs and it started in one go. Surprisingly after that the car has been starting without any issues on every day.
I still went to TASS, they checked all 4 glow plugs and said that they are working fine and it could be an issue in the tipid(Not sure what is this) and they wanted me to leave the car with them, so that they could check it in the morning. Any help guys.
Old 6th April 2009, 22:30   #298
BHPian

Quote:
On other day, when my car failed to start completely, I poured some hot water on the glow plugs and it started in one go. Surprisingly after that the car has been starting without any issues on every day.
I still went to TASS, they checked all 4 glow plugs and said that they are working fine and it could be an issue in the tipid(Not sure what is this) and they wanted me to leave the car with them, so that they could check it in the morning. Any help guys.
guys, what are you all upto, check out my pics, i start my Indica DLS in a half crank in chilly sub zero teperatures here in kashmir for the past some years

Half crank is half crank.
Here is my simple procedure:
1.Make sure all glow plugs work,if one blows rest will follow due to load, Only get replaced the blown ones, no need to replace the whole set of four.

2. Keep the tank atleast half all the time.

3. switch on the Ignition switch, wait for the heater lite to go off. Switch off the switch, do it again.Now the third time simply wait for the lite to go off and wait for a "one tick" sound from the left side of the car bonnet, once u hear the sound , Crank it ( no accelerator). Voila, the engine is up.

I religiously follow this.

Now the real issue: Glow plugs, why do they blow up?

Answer: Sometimes in hurry,sometimes thinking the engine is hot enough etc etc dont wait for the yellow heater coil lite to go off and this triggers the blowing up of the glow plugs.
No matter what never ever crank a TATA without waiting for the lite to go off, its suicide for the engine/battery.

If i can start Indica in sub-zero every morning without pouring hot water etc etc then i guess every one else in any part of india can

Let me know if i could be of more help

Junaid Bhai
Old 6th April 2009, 22:37   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

This is a bit old, but the answer is yes, but depends on the model.

Yahoo! Groups

EDIT: saw your later post after posting this. Sorry.

acoustic dampener: seems interesting but can i have some pictures as the TATA stations here sure wouldnt have any idea that such thing exists
Old 8th April 2009, 16:57   #300
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by junniaga View Post
acoustic dampener: seems interesting but can i have some pictures as the TATA stations here sure wouldnt have any idea that such thing exists
It comes fitted in the DLX version. Could not find any images so far.

Sorry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks