Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2009, 16:05   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkavthekar View Post
OK, here's the update. As suugested by Rajesh, I took my car to Lucas TVS for the servicing of the alternator and regulator. Regulator was an issue and needed to be changed. Also, Oil seal in the regulator had gone bad and oil was seeping onto the brushes. Oil seal was changed. Thankfully, brushes were still intact. Total charges came to 1500 + 300 for taking out alternator and refitting it back. Now, I do not feel any issues with dashboard lights getting bright and back to normal again and car becoming sluggish. However, I still do feel a very slight change is the AC blower speed at times, but not sure if my mind is working on me. So I will wait for some more time to see if I really need to take it back to Lucas TVS.

For AC, I took my vehicle to Climate Engineers on Karve Road. The air speed switch on the dashboard had gone bad and hence it would not function on speed one. Normally, the resistor switch goes bad, but in my case, since we had changed it 2-3 times earlier, we checked it again this time and it was good. Checked switch on dashboard and that had gone bad. Also cleaned the condensor coil. Its hell to take it out from behind the dashboard and a very tedious job. Anyways, after cleaning and refitting, compressor was filled with gas again. This was done for the first time in last 6 years of ownership. Now, cooling is back to normal and I am enjoying the cooling on speed 1. Total charges - Rs2500 inclusive of switch change, condensor cleaning and gas refill. Total time for this job - 4 hours.

The only issue now remains is the electricals and that I will probably look at next weekend.

Again, thanks to Rajesh for his guidance and going out of the way to find out Lucas TVS numbers and forwarding them to me.

takecare and drive safely
Update:

My Indica Electricals are now set right. So now no issues with AC, Electricals and central locking is working perfectly as a result. I haven;t seen / felt any significant fluctuations in AC Blower.

My 95K service was done at Balaji Garage in Aundh. Thankfully, they have snapped ties with Pandit Auto and the guys were extra courteous and cautious while working on my 95K service. Changed front brake pads, Oil Changed, Oil Filter Changed, Fuel Filter Changed. I had requested for Air Filter change but looks like they haven't as I am not charged in the bill. Wheel Balancing and rotation done.

Filled tank after the service. Filled 29 litres. Trip meter showed 520kms

Last Mileage = 17.93kmpl

Now my Indica is back to its original glory

takecare and drive safely
Old 14th January 2009, 19:27   #242
BHPian

Is there a good Garage in Ahmedabad , which can service an Indica Lxi (petrol) V2 ? Dad is pretty much fed up with Cargo Motors (S.G Highway) and doesn't want to leave his car there.

Btw dad knows each and every bit about the Indica Lxi so he yells everytime at the TASC guys when they come up with an answer to any of the problems that come. Dad tells em to check this and that and forcibly gets the job done, but he gets very irritated at the "sab janta hoon" attitude shown by the mechs there.

Dad doesnt mind paying more for a better service, but prerequistes are that the mechanic should know what he is doing, and concentrate on the job. Also duration for service isnt important (can leave it for days) since office is hardly 3.5 kms from home
Old 18th January 2009, 20:14   #243

Starting problem with Indica

My Indica doesn't start if its not started for more than a day. Could this be due to glow plugs or battery? How do i diagnose either issue? My car has done about 56k kms.
Old 29th January 2009, 17:41   #244
BHPian

Tata Indigo -- RPM Increase automatically

Tata Indigo LS 2005 model done 62k KM

Problem : RPM increase automatically anytime and goes off only when engine is restarted again .

Normally the RPM needle remin just below 1k but goes goes to around just above 1 mark (between 1k - 1-25K) at the same level on which it goes to while switch on the AC when the RPM increases automatically . Now after this when I switch on the AC , RPM remain at the same level , in fact get down a little bit.

This is happening since 10-12 days and now form 3-4 days I am observing another few things to while coming on my way from Karnal to Delhi on one morning i feel some time engine developed a kind of resistance as it was not as smooth as earlier and the engine got heated at the same moment , the needle goes straight although it was cold morning and this situation remain for 2 mins after that it again goes smooth and the needle goes down .

Also in night headlight get dimmer and brighter i feel it is linked with when engine get smoother and develop strain . it happen frequently

If anyone face the same kind of problem pls share his/her experience and is it dangerous to run the car in this situation in the coming days a lot of driving is due because of marriage season

other car is doing well ,average wise also it is good around 19-20 in mixed driving without AC.
Old 29th January 2009, 21:58   #245
BANNED

Please get your alternator checked at the earliest. Not doing so will drain your battery faster than you think.
Go directly to Lucas - don't depend on TASC for this.

Last edited by hrag : 29th January 2009 at 22:00.
Old 29th January 2009, 23:39   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Please get your alternator checked at the earliest. Not doing so will drain your battery faster than you think.
Go directly to Lucas - don't depend on TASC for this.

Thanks Hrag

Also when i start it , battery sign remain there and RPM needle at zero . Only after sometime when accelator pedal is pressed then RPM needle move and Battery sign foes off , is this too related with the above problem . I ask the guy at TASC he told this will not create any problem and it can be solved by changing the alternator .
Old 30th January 2009, 00:01   #247
BHPian

Hi rkavthekar

I too feel the same observation in my indigo done 62k

RPM increase automatically
Car become sluggish for a moment and during that period Engine too get heated I see the needle straight even in morning that too on highway and after 10-15 second everything become normal , it become smooth again and needle come down .

I too feel the headlight brighter a few time in night might be linked when engine get sluggish though not observed in particular

As per your experience I am planning to take it to Lucas guys instead if TASC as I have already shown this to TASC (Sterling automobile Noida)guys and they are speculating the FICD, EGR as culprit but not sure at all.

is there any Lucas center in Noida or Delhi?
Old 30th January 2009, 06:49   #248
BANNED

TASC will always want to replace something when it can be repaired, especially by a third party vendor. The jokers delayed getting my regulator replaced and as a result, I lost a battery prematurely (39 months / 60000 km). Both the regulator and the rectifier need to be checked and replaced, if required. Lucas is the best judge of that, not the TASC.

Last edited by hrag : 30th January 2009 at 06:50.
Old 30th January 2009, 10:52   #249
BHPian

Just now give this to Lucas Guys in Jhandewalan New Delhi , After checking he is saying alternator is doing overcharging. They are working on it .

Will update after it is done
Old 30th January 2009, 11:23   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virender View Post
Hi rkavthekar

I too feel the same observation in my indigo done 62k

RPM increase automatically
Car become sluggish for a moment and during that period Engine too get heated I see the needle straight even in morning that too on highway and after 10-15 second everything become normal , it become smooth again and needle come down .

I too feel the headlight brighter a few time in night might be linked when engine get sluggish though not observed in particular

As per your experience I am planning to take it to Lucas guys instead if TASC as I have already shown this to TASC (Sterling automobile Noida)guys and they are speculating the FICD, EGR as culprit but not sure at all.

is there any Lucas center in Noida or Delhi?

Sure shot signs of problem with the alternator. Also get regulator / rectifier checked by Lucas. I read in another thread that you have already given your car to Lucas. Thats the best thing you have done. Do let us know once you get your car back.

take care and drive safely
Old 30th January 2009, 15:59   #251
BHPian

Go to Lucas. It will solve the problem
Old 30th January 2009, 22:49   #252
BHPian

finally problem solved by Lucas guys , Regulator was the culprit . it was charging the battery at 17-18 Amp current but it should be around in between 12-14 , can go max by 14.80 Amp.

finally alternator regulator and oil seal (always changed when alternator opened and repaired) get changed , total bill was 1340 . but back gear horn (fitted with central locking) became quite , even they were not able to find out why it is quite.

any way run around 200 km after that , no sign or the problem even engine is behaving as told.

Thanks to Team BHP , saved me from TASC guys .I have earlier shown the car at TASC and they suggested to bypass EGR and then run for 2-3 days to observe the same problem , seems they are there to create more problem.
Old 2nd February 2009, 14:07   #253
BHPian

One More problem is there , Although not harmful .

RPM needle remain at zero when the car is started and it move only when pressing the accelator. TASC guys told it will be solved bu alternator service but as alternator is already checked by Lucas Guys , the culprit seems somewhere else
Old 2nd February 2009, 15:00   #254
Senior - BHPian

I have a strange problem with my 2002 indica dle.last saturday ,we went to Adimaly(munnar route) Hill highway and the car was literally struggling to keep the pace.frequent gear shifts needed.

The problem is ,when I shift down the gear ,say from 3rd to 2nd on a steep hill section ,then the power obviously increased for a few seconds(like small small thrust) and then car is facing sudden powerloss ,even with the maximum acceleration possible.

I mean ,the engine is struggling rpm goes down.so ,end up in 1st gear :( .the mechanic says ,it can be due to the diesel pump.but I got a slight idea that whether it is the time for engine rebuilding.
Kindly share your knowledge people.
-Thanks.
Old 2nd February 2009, 15:16   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I have a strange problem with my 2002 indica dle.last saturday ,we went to Adimaly(munnar route) Hill highway and the car was literally struggling to keep the pace.frequent gear shifts needed.

The problem is ,when I shift down the gear ,say from 3rd to 2nd on a steep hill section ,then the power obviously increased for a few seconds(like small small thrust) and then car is facing sudden powerloss ,even with the maximum acceleration possible.

I mean ,the engine is struggling rpm goes down.so ,end up in 1st gear :( .the mechanic says ,it can be due to the diesel pump.but I got a slight idea that whether it is the time for engine rebuilding.
Kindly share your knowledge people.
-Thanks.
Deepclutch,

Whats the reading on the ODO? Is this the problem only on the inclines, or you facing power slump issue even in heavy traffic and ofen need to take it to 1st gear?

take care and drive safely

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks