BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithinnarayanan View Post
Hay Unni

Which dealer and branch ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
he said it was in koramangala. didnt say the exact place though
Yes, its the one in Kormangala. That in itself is a major clue. However, I wouldn't want to take the name in an open forum. I'll PM you.
Old 28th February 2009, 18:21   #272
Senior - BHPian

Hi Unni,

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
He has been regularly servicing his car and it seems that Bardahl and Flush was being done in each one of them.
Please ask him to look up the service schedule list and stick to it. All these are mentioned as recommended by TATA. Ask them to show the circular relating to that.

Quote:
Will inform him to get bulb replacements and such done outside. I'm sure that a local workshop can do it if one provides them with the required bulb.
So what happened to the spare headlamp bulbs that came in his new car? That is a mandatory requirement.

Also in all the services of my Marina TDi, whenever the fuel filter is changed (apparently at every 10000kms) it has been only one. Your friend's car apparently needed two as he has been billed for two.

You have to report this to TATA.
Old 28th February 2009, 19:11   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
So what happened to the spare headlamp bulbs that came in his new car? That is a mandatory requirement.

Also in all the services of my Marina TDi, whenever the fuel filter is changed (apparently at every 10000kms) it has been only one. Your friend's car apparently needed two as he has been billed for two.

He had removed all the things in his car before giving it for service , except for RC book and insurance papers. So, now he has the spare that was provided with him.

Fuel filter bit was something I missed. Let me check with him on that. Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 28th February 2009, 19:34   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersom View Post
The front suspension bushes on my 2004 Indica DlX (done 58K) seem to have worn out resulting in a racket even on the slightest of bumps.
...advise me on whether there is reason why i should only trust the ASC with this job.
No need to go to the ASC. It's a quick job of replacing the suspension arm completely, any mechanic will do it for you in 2 hours. Get your wheel alignment reset after the change. Get it done ASAP, because Indica front susp arms are notorious for breaking and leaving you stranded.

Quote:
A friend of mine got his Indica V2 DLS serviced. The bill came to Rs 5444/-. The details of the bill have been attached. Can someone please tell if its ok to get charged so much.
Attachment 105796
If it's a 20k km service, why change the transaxle (gearbox) oil? IIRC, the usual change interval for Indicas is 40k or 50k km.

Hoodlatch cable - should be replaced under warranty if the car is within warranty cover.

Bardahl Special Duty - WHAT did they use? An additive in the engine oil, or an additive in the gear oil?

Rs.275 for a single headlamp bulb? WOW!
Old 28th February 2009, 20:25   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
It's a quick job of replacing the suspension arm completely, any mechanic will do it for you in 2 hours.
Wow! Is that true?

Bushes wear out and you RENEW the whole arm?
Old 1st March 2009, 12:21   #276
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
If it's a 20k km service, why change the transaxle (gearbox) oil? IIRC, the usual change interval for Indicas is 40k or 50k km.
Confirmed it with my Marina TDi manual. The transmission oil change is every 20000kms.
Old 1st March 2009, 23:40   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Bushes wear out and you RENEW the whole arm?
That's true for most new-gen cars today. No more fitting in bushes like in the old Amby and Fiat. Chuck the arm, get a new arm. At the end of the day, it saves a lot of time and effort for the service centre mechanic, improves the earnings of the service centre, and does not need special skills or the use of a lathe.
Old 2nd March 2009, 00:05   #278
BHPian

Quote:
That's true for most new-gen cars today. No more fitting in bushes like in the old Amby and Fiat. Chuck the arm, get a new arm. At the end of the day, it saves a lot of time and effort for the service centre mechanic, improves the earnings of the service centre, and does not need special skills or the use of a lathe.

One of the reasons why i get my work done at my good old trusted mechanic's Garage

Service CEntres dont repair they change
Old 2nd March 2009, 07:58   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's true for most new-gen cars today. No more fitting in bushes like in the old Amby and Fiat.
Oh, OK, I can understand that for brass/steel bushes they might not.
I had thought these were some rubber bushes being discussed!
Old 8th March 2009, 09:52   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
nowadays i find some thing vibrating hard , (like resonance) at certain rpm's, and at those those rpm's only.
any idea what it could be ?
turns out, Some component in the inter cooler mounting was busted and gone loose. they replaced it, and problems are gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post

I think there are two fuel filters, which are usually changed alternately. Even the manual states that both fuel filter elements need to be changed every 20,000k.

But yes , I too have been billed for only one fuel filter for my 20k service

Last edited by greenhorn : 8th March 2009 at 10:09.
Old 8th March 2009, 13:31   #281
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
But yes , I too have been billed for only one fuel filter for my 20k service
That is because there is only one.

Quote:
I think there are two fuel filters, which are usually changed alternately. Even the manual states that both fuel filter elements need to be changed every 20,000k.
Not in mine! Page 85 clearly mentions one (there is a picture too). I verified it in the car. The present one is from Delphi.

I also saw that the Elofic oil filter says that it should be changed every 7500kms in a diesel engine. I understand that the oil / oil filter change intervals that TATA recommends for turbo engines is 10000kms!
Old 8th March 2009, 13:48   #282
Senior - BHPian

the fuel filter setups seem to be different for the NA/TCIC/and dicor engines
Here's a few bits from an older manual ( the one available from the tata motors customer support page). My manual does not mention the bit about "both" fuel filters, but the pic is the same. I'm confused

Tata Indica - List of problems-screenshot.jpg

Tata Indica - List of problems-screenshot2.jpg

Last edited by greenhorn : 8th March 2009 at 13:50.
Old 8th March 2009, 20:35   #283
BHPian

Has anyone had the engine acoustic damper fitted ?
It is the black cover on the engine which comes as standard in the DLX version to decrease engine noise and improve cooling.
Old 8th March 2009, 21:10   #284
BANNED

Hi

It is difficult to source such plastics from tata.I has a similar experience with tata.the rear seat know broke (it was broken by the service guys) and i tried for it every where but in vain.

The dealers said it is available along with the seat lock set which would cost 1000+.

Even the black cover in the engine bay is difficult,i had tried for that too.irritated by all this i decided to sell the car .Actually the car was pretty good.the service was worst(POKMA ,Ambattur,Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
Has anyone had the engine acoustic damper fitted ?
It is the black cover on the engine which comes as standard in the DLX version to decrease engine noise and improve cooling.
Old 8th March 2009, 21:18   #285
Senior - BHPian

aditya , i think it came only with the NA DLX models. with the introduction of the TCIC engine , i think the plastic covers were discontinued. But the hood has a plastic scoop on its underside which is used to channel the air to the intercooler

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks