Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2009, 15:36   #256
Senior - BHPian

it is a lakh and 20160kms.yes ,I face the same in heavy traffic sessions too :( .Any Guidelines?If it is for Engine Overhauling ,the mechanic might have told na?but He was saying about the pump.
--
and how much for engine overhauling for indica?(Sleeves for cylinders ,I guess?)
Old 2nd February 2009, 15:47   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
it is a lakh and 20160kms.yes ,I face the same in heavy traffic sessions too :( .Any Guidelines?If it is for Engine Overhauling ,the mechanic might have told na?but He was saying about the pump.
--
and how much for engine overhauling for indica?(Sleeves for cylinders ,I guess?)
trrk is your best bet for the advice. He has tons of experience on Tata cars. Have you got your Clutch done at any point of time? To me it seems to be clutch issue, especially so when you say power comes in bursts.

Also, when was the last time you did Bardhal flush treatment? Not that you will see remarkable difference in pick up after you do it, but just wanted to know if you have done the same.

Personally, I am not still sure if your engine needs overhauling yet.

Also, put up your query on TUIG on yahoo groups. I am sure, you will get some more inputs there.

Keep us all updated on the course of action.

take care and drive safely.
Old 2nd February 2009, 16:06   #258
Senior - BHPian

oh yes yes yes!clutch is finished and it is for a change due very soon(this week).
list of problems is :
1)clutch was almost finished and it is at the top end.
2) I had nozzle service few weeks back.I remember the guy there saying something about pump needs to get serviced.
3)I have the radiator fan working every 5 minutes or So on plain roads.at hills ,it is working almost every time.
Old 4th February 2009, 00:43   #259
BHPian

Reliable Indica Mechanic in Bangalore

The front suspension bushes on my 2004 Indica DlX (done 58K) seem to have worn out resulting in a racket even on the slightest of bumps.

Does anybody know of a reliable workshop for Indicas in Bangalore?

I have been going to Concorde Motors (from what i've heard, the only somewhat reliable ASC in Bangalore) all this while, but don't find too much impetus to go down there as waiting times have gone up while attention has dropped.

Also, advise me on whether there is reason why i should only trust the ASC with this job.
Old 7th February 2009, 18:28   #260
Senior - BHPian

nowadays i find some thing vibrating hard , (like resonance) at certain rpm's, and at those those rpm's only.
any idea what it could be ?
Old 27th February 2009, 14:45   #261
BHPian

20K Service Bill

A friend of mine got his Indica V2 DLS serviced. The bill came to Rs 5444/-. The details of the bill have been attached. Can someone please tell if its ok to get charged so much.

Indica V2 - 20K.xls
Old 27th February 2009, 14:58   #262
Senior - BHPian

I got my mobil 4 ltrs for 830/- (I never trust the T A S S for the oil + mobil is wayy better than castrol).. diesel and petrol fuel filters cost differently I guess because I recently got my Indica Petrol fuel filter assembly for app 600. from T A S S.

What is this 1050 for major service charged for?
Old 27th February 2009, 15:01   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
What is this 1050 for major service charged for?
That should be the "Paid Service" charge.
Old 27th February 2009, 15:26   #264
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
A friend of mine got his Indica V2 DLS serviced. The bill came to Rs 5444/-. The details of the bill have been attached. Can someone please tell if its ok to get charged so much.

Attachment 105796
The bill is okay in most parts except for 2 things which are mostly con job
1. Bardahl - You already got engine oil, why put all this hocus pocus. anyways engine oil will be changed on next service, so this is a pure waste
2. Eng Waxing - Flush - Another con job. Engine flush before 40K is a waste, esp when user has been changing oil regularly.

As for Lamp 12V/60, I presume a bulb went poof. Well philips costs 250rs/pair in open market, its best DIY such things, its just a light bulb replacement

So without dealer hocus pocus, bill could have been a more realistic 3K or something.
Old 27th February 2009, 15:41   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The bill is okay in most parts except for 2 things which are mostly con job
1. Bardahl - You already got engine oil, why put all this hocus pocus. anyways engine oil will be changed on next service, so this is a pure waste
2. Eng Waxing - Flush - Another con job. Engine flush before 40K is a waste, esp when user has been changing oil regularly.

As for Lamp 12V/60, I presume a bulb went poof. Well philips costs 250rs/pair in open market, its best DIY such things, its just a light bulb replacement

So without dealer hocus pocus, bill could have been a more realistic 3K or something.
Thanks Tanveer. I've told him to stay off Bardahl and Flush for the next few services, maybe do it after 50K. He has been regularly servicing his car and it seems that Bardahl and Flush was being done in each one of them.

Will inform him to get bulb replacements and such done outside. I'm sure that a local workshop can do it if one provides them with the required bulb.

Last edited by unni.ak : 27th February 2009 at 15:42. Reason: Of to Off!!!
Old 27th February 2009, 15:43   #266
Team-BHP Support

Each service!!? Which great dealer is this!?
The dealer is surely conning him. I suggest he mail to customer care with the info, and have them pull up the dealer. If he is lucky he can also get vouchers for free future services(labour only) to compensate for his loss.
Old 27th February 2009, 15:47   #267
Senior - BHPian

Check the fine print here
Tata Motors Customer Care :: Decarbonising & Engine Flush
Quote:
Please note that these treatments should not be done if your vehicle does not have complaint and you are visiting our dealerships for availing services and other unrelated repair.
Old 27th February 2009, 15:53   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Each service!!? Which great dealer is this!?
The dealer is surely conning him. I suggest he mail to customer care with the info, and have them pull up the dealer. If he is lucky he can also get vouchers for free future services(labour only) to compensate for his loss.
Yes. Seeing the Rs 5444/- bill, he had a shock and checked with the service advisor. Reply was that he has been doing this for every service. My friend didn't have the time to argue and came off.

I'll ask him to trace a few of the previous bills and then mail customer service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Thanks Greenhorn. Now I've something to show him about the gyaan I gave!!!
Old 27th February 2009, 23:04   #269
BHPian

Hay Unni

Which dealer and branch ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Yes. Seeing the Rs 5444/- bill, he had a shock and checked with the service advisor. Reply was that he has been doing this for every service. My friend didn't have the time to argue and came off.

I'll ask him to trace a few of the previous bills and then mail customer service.
Old 27th February 2009, 23:36   #270
Senior - BHPian

he said it was in koramangala. didnt say the exact place though

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks