Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2008, 10:10   #181
BHPian

Fuse maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
Last Night my INDICA XETA ( 7500 kms, 8 months) did not CRANK. After trying so hard & checking with Corncorde Helpline, I managed to get my friends push the car & start it.....
Since push start is done, I guess no problems with engine. Check the fuse. Happened to my 500 kms old XL Dicor once. Only a fuse was blown. A Rs. 15/- fuse was all it took to solve it.
Old 19th November 2008, 12:00   #182
BHPian

It is likely the fuse, I dunno why, but they are pretty unreliable in the Indicas. I had a problem where the fuse for the EGR blew and all of a sudden I found that my car was powerless below 3000 RPM.
Old 19th November 2008, 12:19   #183
BANNED

On the sole occasion that my Indica LSi refused to start, the issue was traced to a slightly dislodged fuel pump relay.

Marlon - you can also try the reset button (under the driver's seat) if this happens again. Please check for secure placement of all fuses / relays and any blown fuses.
Old 20th November 2008, 10:46   #184
BHPian

Update

Quote:
Last Night my INDICA XETA ( 7500 kms, 8 months) did not CRANK. After trying so hard & checking with Corncorde Helpline, I managed to get my friends push the car & start it.

Today the Tata Motors guys are coming home to pick up the vehicle.

Any suggestion as what could be the problem? Will the be warranty is any parts are to be changed or should I bear the cost?

Regards
Marlon

News from Tata Motors(Concorde) is that the problem is related to the Starter Motor. It has been given to TVS for diagnosis & repair.

Regards
Marlon
Old 21st November 2008, 09:46   #185
BHPian

Update

Quote:
News from Tata Motors(Concorde) is that the problem is related to the Starter Motor. It has been given to TVS for diagnosis & repair.

Regards
Marlon

Last Night my vehicle was delivered after teh starter motor has been repaired by Lucas TVS. Working fine now.

Regards
Marlon
Old 21st November 2008, 14:13   #186
BHPian

Plan for 80K service

My 2004 DLS is approaching the 80 K mark and im planning a comprehensive service this time (carbon cleaning, injectors etc.) However, i would like some info from the experts regarding the following :

Oil : Which brand and grade to use ? (currently using Castrol GTD)
Oil filter : brand ?
Fuel Filters : Delphi as suggested by tsk

Intake Manifold : Does it require to be cleaned ? If so, is it a complicated procedure ?

Injector cleaning : To be done at local mechanic's place ? or lucas service centre ?

Engine Flush : Ive decided to skip this one because of the risk involved, esp since i havent done it before.

Timing check : Is there a difference between FIP timing and engine timing or are both the same ? And where to get it checked ?

Cat Con cleaning : It it required ? No problems with smoke in exhaust.

Cleaning carbon from cylinders : I read about manual cleaning by cranking the engine after removing the injectors on TIUG, is this advisable ?

And is there anything else im missing ?

And i just noticed some drops on the air filter while cleaning it today. What does this mean ??

Last edited by aah78 : 21st November 2008 at 21:14. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 22nd November 2008, 07:16   #187
BHPian

Hi. As you are from Baroda too I would strongly recommend to get your work done at Keya Motors. Meet Works Manager Ketan Shah. He's a nice guy. Would strongly suggest not to go to local garrage.
For injector/ FPI cleaning you can directly go to the Lucas workshop at Jetalpur road. Its a company workshop and they do a very good job.
I would also recommend getting the suspensions checked and check for underbody rusting. If you have never undercoated the body then you can go in for the 3M treatment- Keya guys will do it and its really worth.
Ketan will also suggest you the engine oil- Mobil longdrain oils are very good. Also check with him for engine decarb using Bardhal treatment.
Get the AC unit checked/ serviced/ cleaned.
Old 23rd November 2008, 10:39   #188
Senior - BHPian

I've noticed that my seatbelts are stuck in the mornings immediately after I've gotten in. only after a bit of driving am i able to use them. Is this expected ?
Old 23rd November 2008, 11:23   #189
BHPian

The same thing happens in my 2007 DLG TCIC but not in the older cars. They get stuck randomly and release after a few mins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I've noticed that my seatbelts are stuck in the mornings immediately after I've gotten in. only after a bit of driving am i able to use them. Is this expected ?
Old 25th November 2008, 20:47   #190
BHPian

First on My list-

1) Need to change the Ignition Coil
2) Need to get the Reducer Cleaned- Its been 35000 on CNG-Time for the first service.
3) Need to get the ECU Reset
4) Need to get back on Team-BHP more often....!
Old 28th November 2008, 11:45   #191
BHPian

Someone please reply !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
My 2004 DLS is approaching the 80 K mark and im planning a comprehensive service this time (carbon cleaning, injectors etc.) However, i would like some info from the experts regarding the following :

Oil : Which brand and grade to use ? (currently using Castrol GTD)
Oil filter : brand ?
Fuel Filters : Delphi as suggested by tsk

Intake Manifold : Does it require to be cleaned ? If so, is it a complicated procedure ?

Injector cleaning : To be done at local mechanic's place ? or lucas service centre ?

Engine Flush : Ive decided to skip this one because of the risk involved, esp since i havent done it before.

Timing check : Is there a difference between FIP timing and engine timing or are both the same ? And where to get it checked ?

Cat Con cleaning : It it required ? No problems with smoke in exhaust.

Cleaning carbon from cylinders : I read about manual cleaning by cranking the engine after removing the injectors on TIUG, is this advisable ?

And is there anything else im missing ?

And i just noticed some drops on the air filter while cleaning it today. What does this mean ??
Old 28th November 2008, 11:59   #192
Team-BHP Support

Oil : Castrol GTX Diesel API-CI4
Oil Filter : OEM(Purolator I think)
Intake manifold : Get it cleaned, easy job. Just cloth rubbing on inside after removing the Air filter. Also get the air filter housing cleaned
Injector cleaning : No need, use STP.
Engine Flush : Do not use the 5 minute flush. Use one which says add to engine oil and idle for 20-30 minutes. Follow procedure on can. No risk with that, I got mine done at 80K too
Timing check : Ignore, get timing belt along with tensioners changed at 90-95K
Cat con cleaning : No need. But if you insist, park your car, put water in silencer, and then rev away to glory. Or find your favorite person, ask them to stand behind you and then revv away to glory
Removing carbon : No need. I found no difference after carbon cleaning with machine, and therefore have got it done just once in 106500kms

Yes you are missing things. Open service book. Check what should be done at 80K. If my memory serves me correctly, you will need gear oil change every 25K I think, power steering oil change etc.,
The service book gives exact information.
Diesel filters do not need to be changed every service, but every alternate service, and in some cases every third service
Old 28th November 2008, 18:07   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Yes you are missing things. Open service book. Check what should be done at 80K. If my memory serves me correctly, you will need gear oil change every 25K I think, power steering oil change etc.,
The service book gives exact information.
Diesel filters do not need to be changed every service, but every alternate service, and in some cases every third service
Gear oil was changed recently when i took it to TASC to fix one of the linkages. Same for the power steering oil. Will check the manual for other things.
And i found the idling RPM to be around 1000, should i go to lucas/TASC/outside for this ?

Anyways, Thanks a lot.
Old 28th November 2008, 19:05   #194
Senior - BHPian

I havent seen this thread.but my uncle with indica v2 DLE model 2002 february got a lot of serious work done.He got the problems with gear box and procuring spares for "shift lever" etc etc is a PITA.later ,when re-assembling the gearbox ,a slight hit by a mechanic boy made the gearbox cover(near to engine - the smaller one) got broken.Now the cover is quoted Rs7000~approx for new one. so ,thinking of getting a used one from Ukkadom market ,Coimbatore soon.
Old 28th November 2008, 22:28   #195
BHPian

Need to get my alternator checked.
Please give me details of the Lucas TVS service center in bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks