Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2011, 08:29   #1246
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

The TEIN suspensions are around 90K, and the EDFC around 30K.
Old 14th January 2011, 10:42   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
You have to install both?

Last edited by civic-sense : 14th January 2011 at 10:48.
Old 14th January 2011, 11:05   #1248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
You have to install both?
No. If you want electronically adjusting the dampeners then go for EDFC, else you can manually adjust them.
Old 14th January 2011, 11:11   #1249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
90K for the 'basic' or the 'superstreet'?
Old 14th January 2011, 14:35   #1250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
90K for the 'basic' or the 'superstreet'?
They don't have the basic for our Civic, its just the superstreet. The D2 now look a whole lot more affordable.

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 14th January 2011 at 14:38.
Old 15th January 2011, 14:08   #1251
BHPian

What is the minimum and maximum range after this fittment?
I mean assu ing current GC is 170 MM after this setup how high civic can go?
Old 15th January 2011, 14:41   #1252
Senior - BHPian

Query on GC

I have a query on the GC. The current Civic with 195/65 R15 tyres has a GC of 170 mm. What will be the GC on the Civic with 205/55 R16 tyres ? Also, am referring to a stock 16'' Honda alloy wheel - Will there be a difference in the PCD or will it be plug and play ? Thanks.
Old 15th January 2011, 19:37   #1253
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query on GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I have a query on the GC. The current Civic with 195/65 R15 tyres has a GC of 170 mm. What will be the GC on the Civic with 205/55 R16 tyres ? Also, am referring to a stock 16'' Honda alloy wheel - Will there be a difference in the PCD or will it be plug and play ? Thanks.
It will be a 1.2 mm decrease in ride height. See this link for calculation and comparison. Not sure if you will get stock Honda alloy wheel for that size. Are you referring to Accord wheels? Dont look at this change for increasing GC. Try 205/65 R15 tyres, which will fit on current wheels. It increases ride height by about 7mm. Of course, it will have some impact on odo and speedo readings.
Old 15th January 2011, 19:39   #1254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Interesting. Why should that be a feature in any car? I cant think of a scenario when we need to use only one mirror, even on a bike. According to me, if you cant take care of the ORVMs from getting knocked off, then you need to bit more careful while driving. Yes, this is for me too...
Because
1. its easier to judge distances and gaps on RHS rather than LHS in a Right had drive car.
2. RHS ORVM + IRVM can do 90% of the job in most cases. (thats why the cheaper cars have only these 2)
3. hardware cost to implement this feature is zero. even the LH and RH toggle switch exists. Just another function in the body controller.
Old 15th January 2011, 19:57   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Because
1. its easier to judge distances and gaps on RHS rather than LHS in a Right had drive car.
2. RHS ORVM + IRVM can do 90% of the job in most cases. (thats why the cheaper cars have only these 2)
3. hardware cost to implement this feature is zero. even the LH and RH toggle switch exists. Just another function in the body controller.
1. How does having a Left ORVM impact your judgment? In fact it is visible from the drivers seat and should be easier to judge the gap on that side than having to guess about the width of your car. And it actually helps to see if any obstruction may touch your body looking at it. This is especially the case when we are reversing into a tight spot.

2. I would say it is the combination of left orvm and right orvm that serves the purpose in 90% of cases. Irvm is mostly useless with a blackened rear window, stuff on rear parcel tray and with passengers sitting in the back. I find looking at left orvm more often that right orvm since on the right side, you can see the movement of vehicles much easier just by a small flick of neck. Changing lanes or turning left is pain without a left orvm, at least for me. Cheaper cars has only right orvm. But that is because it is cheaper, not because it is not required. I believe it is a legal requirement to have both orvms in most countries. Yahan to sab kuchh chalega...

Last edited by vasoo : 15th January 2011 at 20:00.
Old 15th January 2011, 20:27   #1256
Senior - BHPian

here we go again...

Folding both mirrors just doesn't feel right and makes me feel uncomfortable, blind and vulnerable. Thats one of the big reasons personally.
Quote:
1. How does having a Left ORVM impact your judgment? In fact it is visible from the drivers seat and should be easier to judge the gap on that side than having to guess about the width of your car. And it actually helps to see if any obstruction may touch your body looking at it. This is especially the case when we are reversing into a tight spot.
Suit yourself my friend. I'm just comparing LHS and RHS. I'd rather have that mirror folded and don't plan to use it to feel obstacles like a blind mans stick
Quote:
2. I would say it is the combination of left orvm and right orvm that serves the purpose in 90% of cases. Irvm is mostly useless with a blackened rear window, stuff on rear parcel tray and with passengers sitting in the back. I find looking at left orvm more often that right orvm since on the right side, you can see the movement of vehicles much easier just by a small flick of neck. Changing lanes or turning left is pain without a left orvm, at least for me. Cheaper cars has only right orvm. But that is because it is cheaper, not because it is not required. I believe it is a legal requirement to have both orvms in most countries. Yahan to sab kuchh chalega...
My window is not blackened, dont have a big spoiler and I dont keep stuff in the parcel shelf (that will come and fall on people's heads if I have to slam on the brakes) and 99.9% of the time my rear center seat is not occupied so I really dig the IRVM. At the end of the day, there is something called personal choice and I hope you are able to understand and appreciate that.

The LHS mirror is more useful in developed countries where people follow lane discipline and need to watch and signal before changing lanes.

Last edited by Mpower : 15th January 2011 at 21:42.
Old 15th January 2011, 23:48   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post

A question to all how much fuel efficiency should one expect out of a AT Civic in Mumbai traffic?

is the mileage of 6.5-7kmpl normal?

Yes sir the average you mention is absolutely ok with mumbai traffic

Last edited by m-hawk : 15th January 2011 at 23:57.
Old 16th January 2011, 00:31   #1258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It will be a 1.2 mm decrease in ride height. See this link for calculation and comparison. Not sure if you will get stock Honda alloy wheel for that size. Are you referring to Accord wheels? Dont look at this change for increasing GC. Try 205/65 R15 tyres, which will fit on current wheels. It increases ride height by about 7mm. Of course, it will have some impact on odo and speedo readings.
Thanks for clarifying vasoo. I am looking at the stock Civic alloy wheels(not Accord wheels, will post pics soon) that are standard in the middle east. They look classy IMO and enhance the looks of the car for sure. If it is only 1.2 mm that I need to compromise, I guess I will take the plunge. Of course, am yet to check out the prices though !
Old 16th January 2011, 01:35   #1259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I guess I will take the plunge. Of course, am yet to check out the prices though !
How are they available? Imported?
Old 16th January 2011, 13:32   #1260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
How are they available? Imported?
Well, in a way, yes. I am currently on vacation at Qatar. The Civic's I see here are all shod with 16 inch alloys(Pic attached). Planning to check out the prices from the used car market here. The cost of new ones for sure will be astronomical. (This is from my experience of buying the emblems for the LHS & RHS fender) If I manage to strike a decent bargain, I might procure them.

Repeating my question posted earlier here - Will the PCD differ from that of the our Indian Civic ? If so, I will have to shelve the idea once for all. Also, what will be the impact on the speedo/odo readings?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-4dr08066trke.jpg  

Last edited by rr_zen : 16th January 2011 at 13:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks