Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2011, 22:29   #1291
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Hello my fellow TBHPians,

1. Car is mechnically perfect but has lots of minor dents/dings. Any suggestions for a good paint/body shop in NCR?

5. Car is currently out of warranty, so, any trusted workshop in NCR for servicing the car?

Congratulations on your new purchase.

1. Pandit & sons, 53 Okhla Industrial estate & Multan Automobiles, Okhla Phase II (not the MASS with a similar name and also in phase II). You can get complete address from just dial.

5. Why not take the car to a HASC the first time around. If the info is on a central server you could get to know the vehicle's history, service and otherwise.
Old 22nd January 2011, 06:51   #1292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Congratulations !

This is normal. Don't worry. Honda's are like that only
Thanks Shuvc, Your Civic thread has been really helpful to me. Honda is really stingy with all its offerings with this great car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase.

1. Pandit & sons, 53 Okhla Industrial estate & Multan Automobiles, Okhla Phase II (not the MASS with a similar name and also in phase II). You can get complete address from just dial.

5. Why not take the car to a HASC the first time around. If the info is on a central server you could get to know the vehicle's history, service and otherwise.
Thanks for the wishes Khoj, I contacted Pandit and Co. and they said they will keep the car for at least 2 weeks! Thats a long time period for me since I am not a NCR resident and being returned from Canada recently, I have to follow up on so many things. I can afford 4-7 days but 15 days may not be possible for me!

I took the car to HASC for a paid inspection before I bought it, and my car is absolutely clean for its history. So, in your opinion, Honda A** would be the best bet for me, wouldn't it?

Any suggestions for rest of my queries!

Another question since I do not have manual of the car. How to shuffle the songs from a mp3 CD in stock music system?
Old 22nd January 2011, 10:38   #1293
Senior - BHPian

I believe the Civic specific queries would be best answered by Civic owners.

As for the other query regarding cleaning products etc. I use Sonax shampoo and glass cleaner and Armour All for the leather bits. Coming back to body work, you could get in touch with Carz Spa in Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon on 0124 3255970 or 9910085979. They undertake detailing work and may be able to help you with the denting painting too. Though it may not be a bad idea to get one of the HASC to do this job for you apart from the routine service.
Old 22nd January 2011, 14:39   #1294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another question since I do not have manual of the car. How to shuffle the songs from a mp3 CD in stock music system?
When the CD is playing, hit the button titled with "RDM" (for "Random"). I don't remember exactly which button (1 to 6) that is.

Regards,
spadix
Old 29th January 2011, 10:38   #1295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Watch out for country roads in Haryana. There are umpteen bumps on the State and local roads. Also, the local (illegal) bumps will 'torture' a SUV or a truck, so forget lower slung cars like the Civic or City. I guess Haryana is doing its best to see that people only buy SUV/ATVs.
lol Prof. I agree with you. My car has done 1600 kms on Haryana roads and will spend rest of its life on the same roads too. God save my Civic's underbelly!
Old 30th January 2011, 12:04   #1296
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Okay, here's a question for the Civic S variant owners. I found the stock seats of my friend's '07 S-AT very soft, compared to the leather ones in my V-MT. The difference in compound firmness is substantial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
Yes the compound of the seats in V and S model are different as confirmed by the SA of Linkway Honda.
Sorry to bring up a older topic.

Recently we changed the fabric of our Civic S-AT to Art Leather (which is either PU - polyurethane or PVC -polyvinylchloride, or a mixture, not sure of material of construction of the stuff we have employed). Anyways, the important thing is the firmness of the seats have gone up significantly. I guess the outer material has to do a lot with the firmness. A leather outer is expected to be even more stiffer than the synthetic variety so overall the seats may be even firmer.
I would be very surprised if Honda was actually sourcing two separate varieties of PU foam for S and V. I mean that would add to cost of manufacturing, why would they do that.
Old 30th January 2011, 12:13   #1297
BHPian

@dot
The thing is when the Art leather cover gets installed on the seats the wrap it on the seat real tight to get that tight hugging fit on the seat in this process it increases the firmness even more of the seats.So thats why you are having a sensation that its got more firm.

By the way
In civic V which has Leather pack in it its not 100% leather everywhere some areas like bottom sides of rear and front seats have very high grade thick regzin.
While the main areas where actual body to seat contact is present original leather is used. This is done to save on material cost.

@raghav
yes you will definately get better deal outside as the commission of Honda is much higher than a authorized Battery seller
try brands like
Bosch
Prestolite
AC Delco
Amaron

But just make sure that all are sealed maintainence free type battery and of the proper rating.

Happy and safe Motoring.

Last edited by jatinpatel : 30th January 2011 at 12:19.
Old 30th January 2011, 13:57   #1298
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The previous owner has lost the manual of the car. Any suggestions where can I buy it now? Honda dealer or anywhere outside?
Congratulations. Have you got the manual yet? If not there are online ones available which are also downloadable. I have downloaded one from the net and it is the same as the booklet which came with the car.

Quote:
@dot
The thing is when the Art leather cover gets installed on the seats the wrap it on the seat real tight to get that tight hugging fit on the seat in this process it increases the firmness even more of the seats.So thats why you are having a sensation that its got more firm.
True. Tight fitting makes both the materials act as a composite material which acts uniformly when a load is applied. Thanks.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2011, 16:35   #1299
BHPian

@AceF355

if require hard copy of the maunal then you can order it out from your Honda dealer he can get it for you.
Old 31st January 2011, 12:13   #1300
BANNED

@jatinpatel: Most manufacturers (excl. probably Maruti) do not provide manuals to the customers. This is a major grouse.
Old 31st January 2011, 21:17   #1301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
When the CD is playing, hit the button titled with "RDM" (for "Random"). I don't remember exactly which button (1 to 6) that is.

Regards,
spadix
Thanks Spadix, I will try it once I get my car back from my detailer the day after tomorrow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Congratulations. Have you got the manual yet? If not there are online ones available which are also downloadable. I have downloaded one from the net and it is the same as the booklet which came with the car.
Thanks for the tip! Can you provide me the link that worked for you. I tried some links but didn't get anyone working for me!

Quote:
@AceF355

if require hard copy of the maunal then you can order it out from your Honda dealer he can get it for you.
I will definitely ask them on next service of my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@jatinpatel: Most manufacturers (excl. probably Maruti) do not provide manuals to the customers. This is a major grouse.
Damn, so do you mean I may not lay my hands on owner's manual if Honda refuses to order one for me! Thats really bad, because personally I am more of a paper guy instead of reading online versions!
Old 1st February 2011, 09:44   #1302
BANNED

@Ace_F355: I am afraid that this is the fact. However, you can find the US Civic manual onliine - Will someone please post the link, I seem to have lost it.

I gave up when due to a minor problem they opened the wiring (on the fuse box) and I saw some 100+ wired coming in and out. A rats nest!
Old 1st February 2011, 12:06   #1303
Senior - BHPian

Need to change my Civic tyres.
Will 215/65/R15 be a good upsize ? I know I'll get good ground clearence, but will be having Speedo/odo errors for sure.
Old 1st February 2011, 14:46   #1304
BHPian

215/65/R15 means an increase of 65% of (215 - 195)mm = 13mm in GC. IMO this will hit the wheel wells; better to go for lower profiles.
Old 1st February 2011, 17:35   #1305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Need to change my Civic tyres.
Will 215/65/R15 be a good upsize ? I know I'll get good ground clearence, but will be having Speedo/odo errors for sure.
I think 215/60 R15 should be the ideal size. It wont increase the overall diameter a lot and speedo error will also be marginal.

Most Viewed