Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2015, 21:30   #211
BHPian

Re: Ford 1.4 TDCi Tuning Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
By whom? Did you go for it? How is the car now?
Hi vnabhi, Kiirus. I am waiting for quotes for the rest of the crowd before I can go ahead with it once I'm back to town. I will keep you posted.

The figures quoted are 22 bhp, 44 Nm bump up.

The don't have any representative in my city so I will have to drive down to Bangalore to get the same done.
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2015, 02:56   #212
BHPian

Quote:
By whom? Did you go for it? How is the car now?
I took my Ford ikon 1.4tdci to be remapped by Sajan, who owns Code6. I think he charges around 22k for the remap. He's a class act and is a straight shooter, if he doesn't think your car can handle the remap he doesn't care if he loses business, he asks you to go and get the mechanical work done up and only then invest on performance upgrades, If I remember correctly, he was saying 88bhp is what can be obtained from a remapped Ikon 1.4, although he did say with certain other mods the power can be pushed up to 100 bhp. Do look up Code6 online and chat with him about your car, its good to speak to as many tuners as possible before taking the plunge. I personally spoke to Frk racing, tdi racing, code6, tune o tronics and Enginecal. Chatting with different tuners gives us as an idea on how much they know about specific remaps.
Old 7th June 2015, 12:57   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
Hi vnabhi, Kiirus. I am waiting for quotes for the rest of the crowd before I can go ahead with it once I'm back to town. I will keep you posted.

The figures quoted are 22 bhp, 44 Nm bump up.

The don't have any representative in my city so I will have to drive down to Bangalore to get the same done.
Kiirus - 27,000

I got quotes for the rest of the crowd too.

T-O-T - 30,000 + Service tax
Code 6 - 24,000

All of them include unlimited map changes in the future.

The power figures are more or less the same.
Old 7th August 2015, 11:46   #214
BHPian

I hear Code 6 will be visiting Hyderabad this weekend (Aug 8 and 9). Anybody planning to visit them while they are here?
Old 7th August 2015, 13:11   #215
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I hear Code 6 will be visiting Hyderabad this weekend (Aug 8 and 9). Anybody planning to visit them while they are here?
where would they be in Hyderabad.. good to talk to them before taking a plunge into remaps
Old 7th August 2015, 18:51   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
where would they be in Hyderabad.. good to talk to them before taking a plunge into remaps
The guy from Code6 said they will be in the Gachibowli area, they haven't finalized the hotel yet. I'll probably call them tomorrow and check...
Old 10th August 2015, 22:22   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The guy from Code6 said they will be in the Gachibowli area, they haven't finalized the hotel yet. I'll probably call them tomorrow and check...
Gino from Code6 was in Skyla Service apartments, behind Radisson Hotel. A good location to test remaps because the ORR is just a km away.

I finally took the plunge and got my Figo remapped. Then took a test drive after that all the way till Patancheru, and was very pleased with the changes. I drove only 65 kms after remap, and thereafter my son is using it for his daily commute. I'll post a review after a month. I normally use the Fiesta for the few days in a week that I drive to my office.

What I could immediately post was that the points of suffocation in 4th and 5th gear were cleared and the car accelerates well all the way from 1700 rpm till 4000 plus rpm. I touched the top speed of the Figo easily on 5th gear and then let the speed drop to 60. I then dabbed the throttle and it pulled all the way till the top speed without any hesitation. Prior to remap, I had to drop to 4th at lower rpms or I'd feel the engine suffocating and hesitating to pull.

I could also drive the car in 4th gear with AC on the winding service road of the ORR at Patancheru that merges with the main ORR after a gradual slope. This was possible only in 3rd gear earlier.

I could also see that the low end torque was more or less the same as before, and I had asked not to change that. Only minor change I could decipher was that the mild turbo spool at 1400 rpm does not appear to be there now, but the one at 1700 rpm is still there. I think the car is more linear in acceleration in those rpms now.

More later, after enjoying the car for a month. I'm planning a few highway drives soon.
vnabhi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 11:41   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Gino from Code6 was in Skyla Service apartments, behind Radisson Hotel. A good location to test remaps because the ORR is just a km away.

I finally took the plunge and got my Figo remapped. Then took a test drive after that all the way till Patancheru, and was very pleased with the changes. I drove only 65 kms after remap, and thereafter my son is using it for his daily commute. I'll post a review after a month. I normally use the Fiesta for the few days in a week that I drive to my office.

What I could immediately post was that the points of suffocation in 4th and 5th gear were cleared and the car accelerates well all the way from 1700 rpm till 4000 plus rpm. I touched the top speed of the Figo easily on 5th gear and then let the speed drop to 60. I then dabbed the throttle and it pulled all the way till the top speed without any hesitation. Prior to remap, I had to drop to 4th at lower rpms or I'd feel the engine suffocating and hesitating to pull.

I could also drive the car in 4th gear with AC on the winding service road of the ORR at Patancheru that merges with the main ORR after a gradual slope. This was possible only in 3rd gear earlier.

I could also see that the low end torque was more or less the same as before, and I had asked not to change that. Only minor change I could decipher was that the mild turbo spool at 1400 rpm does not appear to be there now, but the one at 1700 rpm is still there. I think the car is more linear in acceleration in those rpms now.

More later, after enjoying the car for a month. I'm planning a few highway drives soon.
Congratulations!!

I am still on the fence. We recently decided to keep the car (2011, 43k kms) for another 2 years or so. So seriously considering getting the remap done.

You had mentioned about your friend getting some gearbox issue because of the remap. Is that a risk you took with the remap?
Old 11th August 2015, 12:25   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!!

I am still on the fence. We recently decided to keep the car (2011, 43k kms) for another 2 years or so. So seriously considering getting the remap done.

You had mentioned about your friend getting some gearbox issue because of the remap. Is that a risk you took with the remap?
That gear box issue appears to be an isolated case and not related to the remap. Further, that person had gone in for an aggressive remap, unlike me. I was mainly concerned with getting better driveability and also better grunt in the mid and top range that will be useful for overtaking on undivided highways.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 15:18   #220
BHPian

Quote:
That gear box issue appears to be an isolated case and not related to the remap. Further, that person had gone in for an aggressive remap, unlike me. I was mainly concerned with getting better driveability and also better grunt in the mid and top range that will be useful for overtaking on undivided highways.
Hi vnabhi, where do you stay. I too am on the fence regarding a remap. Would love to drive your car (if you permit). We can probably meet during the weekend if you are free.
Old 22nd September 2015, 12:55   #221
tez
BHPian

i am still on the fence regarding remap. Another question is how many kms is safe for remap. My car is 70K on odo. Is it ok to go for remap?
Old 14th November 2015, 13:22   #222
BHPian

Quote:
i am still on the fence regarding remap. Another question is how many kms is safe for remap. My car is 70K on odo. Is it ok to go for remap?
If it makes any difference to you, even I got mine done at 70K.
Old 15th November 2015, 01:39   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes you can. I got my Fiesta Classic 1.4 TDCi remapped at 19,000 Kms way back in Dec'12. Currently odo stands at 67,000+ kms.

You can read more at following link.
Old 18th January 2016, 11:36   #224
Senior - BHPian

After 5.5 months and 8000 kms on the Figo 1.4 remapped by Code 6, it's been a great experience so far.

Though the car is mostly driven by my son for his daily office commute, I could take the car to Vijaywada and Bangalore to exploit its new potential.

As mentioned before, city drivability remains the same, but it is the mid range and top range that now has a punch that was missing before. And of course, the gear changes in city traffic have reduced.

Last edited by GTO : 19th January 2016 at 10:12. Reason: STRICTLY no mention of illegally high speeds or street racing
vnabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 13:24   #225
BHPian

Vnabhi, Is this possible with a 2010 Ford Ikon TDCI 1.4 with 13" Wheels and 80000kms on the ODO. Could you also suggest other easy and reasonable ways of increasing bhp. I saw someone ofering a K&N free flowing filter on OLX the other day. Does that keep the engine happy at the same time give some in between thrills. Thx.

Is it a great idea to do the same with 2010 Ford Ikon TDCI which has clocked 80000 kms. Could some also suggest reasonable ways of keeping the engine happy while also increasing the thrill factor pronounced as BHP .

Mechanical work is mentioned by someone. What mechanical works ought to be perfect to the'T"?

Recently, got the engine mounts, silence mounts, silencer, steering column, tie-rod and various other parts replaced at the FORD A$$. What else needs to be checked and validated before performance boosts. Saw someone selling a K&N air filter for 3k in Olx. Does this help?

Last edited by Zappo : 26th February 2016 at 13:54. Reason: Don't make back to back posts. Use multiquote and the edit buttons to ensure you post everything at once.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks