Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2014, 21:44   #2356
BANNED

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Just got to know from Koncept Hyundai, Delhi that Verna prices have been increased by Rs. 21,000 for the 1.6 SX MT diesel variant (hike applicable across variants).

I am wondering about the reason behind the steep hike, is it due to the high waiting period for the New City given that there are rumors on a new generation Verna hitting our shores by end of the year? It would be interesting to look at the sales chart for August.

P.S. Moderators please delete this if a similar post exists.

Just noticed and verified the hike after looking at your post. But why this time? Their sales is about 1/3rd of what City is. Wouldn't the sales apprise if they reduce the ex-showroom cost instead of assured Dubai holiday package?

Either way, i am still lucky, took my SX Automatic 30 days ago
Old 4th September 2014, 22:54   #2357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_lv View Post
Akshay - On #3, How did the 90/100 lamps fit? Was the groove slightly cut to fit the lamps? If so, you might have issues with moisture inside the headlamp cluster during rain/car wash. If it was some other method, you might have chances of being out of this.

What exactly is Roots kit? Is it the relay that draws less power?
I am not sure what groove would mean here. However, there is a black plastic cap behind the headlights which is cut a little bit to allow 3-4 wires to pass through. I was told water would be no problem here since the cut would be facing down. I have parked my car in heavy rains and lot of water has been splashing over it considering heavy rains in Pune at this time. Haven't noticed any moisture formation yet.

I tried Philips Xtreme vision before switching over to 100/90 and there was hardly any difference in performance over the stock bulbs. The dealer also advised against Hyundai projector lamps saying there would not be much difference over the stock headlights.

One precaution which the dealer asked was to keep a pair of those plastic caps handy!

Regarding Roots kit, its the relay which the dealer recommended over other brands saying that the bulbs last longer. So I went for it.
Old 5th September 2014, 15:29   #2358
BHPian

Quote:
Just noticed and verified the hike after looking at your post. But why this time? Their sales is about 1/3rd of what City is. Wouldn't the sales apprise if they reduce the ex-showroom cost instead of assured Dubai holiday package?

Either way, i am still lucky, took my SX Automatic 30 days ago
Do note that the Dubai offer is not a straight forward one. As I booked my Verna SX CRDi in August 2014, I was offered the cash discount of 20k. But when it came for delivery in Sept 2014, the offer had changed to Dubai offer. The SA said he will offer me 12k discount + Dubai offer (without the freebies that were already accepted). I asked him to send across the terms for Dubai offer and this is how it went

1. It is for 2 only (cannot add any more at your cost)
2. It includes accomodation, breakfast and sight seeing + airfare
3. We need to pay INR 20k towards some fees. This is mandatory.
4. Both passengers need to produce PAN card.
5. The vehicle owner has to be one of the passengers. So you cannot transfer it to your family members.
6. The hotel that was listed in the package can be booked online for about 1.5k per night. So not a great one.

So I wasnt convinced with the Dubai offer and made it clear I want the deal that was promised to me. Finally they relented and got the following
1. 20k cash discount
2. 25k exchange bonus
3. Car cover
4. Art Leather seat cover
Old 8th September 2014, 09:28   #2359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
The headlamp condensation occurs if we have done some after market mods like installing power 100/90 bulbs which requires cutting a small part of the assembly. This results in condensation and voids warranty as well.
I haven't made any changes to my stock headlights. Still experiencing the issue, would this come in warranty? My car is due for my second free service this month.
Old 8th September 2014, 10:50   #2360
BHPian

Called the manager of the service center and told him that its less than 3 months from the last service and there are issues with the battery and asked if they did not check it properly. They had sent a roadside assistance with a spare battery and took my battery for warranty claim from my house at no extra cost. Hyundai services does rock!
razorBlades is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 12:43   #2361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorBlades View Post
Called the manager of the service center and told him that its less than 3 months from the last service and there are issues with the battery and asked if they did not check it properly. They had sent a roadside assistance with a spare battery and took my battery for warranty claim from my house at no extra cost. Hyundai services does rock!

Good thing you got it sorted out during the warranty! The Exide OEM battery in my 2 year 2 month petrol Verna died suddenly yesterday...just about 6 weeks out of the 2 year warranty that exists on the battery.

I had no indications whatsoever before this that there was any issue with the battery...I had just returned from the airport after picking someone up, and when I got in to the car to drive it to my parking spot, it refused to start. I thank my stars this happened when I had reached home, and not in the airport parking!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, had to jump start it and drive to the Hyundai service centre, where they confirmed the battery was dead and needed to be replaced. The mechanic said "Plant wale battery aise hi hote hain, 2-3 saal hi chalte hain". Hmmm.

Anyway, I had an Amaran Flo put in for about Rs 4,700 including labour and discount for returning the old battery. The Amaron comes with a 2 year guarantee and 2 year pro-rated warranty.

Last edited by Fusion2006 : 8th September 2014 at 12:44. Reason: Grammer error
Fusion2006 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 15:01   #2362
BHPian

Hi

I got a few PMs regarding the Verna Dubai offer running this month. I have attached the entire terms and conditions for the same with this post for everyone's use.

Arvind
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Detailed_TnC_for_Verna_Dubai_Offer.pdf (121.5 KB, 1450 views)
Old 10th September 2014, 20:18   #2363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay.Hemmady View Post
I haven't made any changes to my stock headlights. Still experiencing the issue, would this come in warranty? My car is due for my second free service this month.
If you have not done any kind of modification to your headlight assembly you can very well claim to replace under warranty.
Old 10th September 2014, 21:13   #2364
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
I am not sure what groove would mean here. However, there is a black plastic cap behind the headlights which is cut a little bit to allow 3-4 wires to pass through. I was told water would be no problem here since the cut would be facing down. I have parked my car in heavy rains and lot of water has been splashing over it considering heavy rains in Pune at this time. Haven't noticed any moisture formation yet.

I tried Philips Xtreme vision before switching over to 100/90 and there was hardly any difference in performance over the stock bulbs. The dealer also advised against Hyundai projector lamps saying there would not be much difference over the stock headlights.

One precaution which the dealer asked was to keep a pair of those plastic caps handy!

Regarding Roots kit, its the relay which the dealer recommended over other brands saying that the bulbs last longer. So I went for it.
That is awesome. I badly wanted to with 90/100 and just worried about the warnings on moisture formation. Any leads on who can do a good job in Bangalore?
Old 11th September 2014, 23:06   #2365
BHPian

Quote:
That is awesome. I badly wanted to with 90/100 and just worried about the warnings on moisture formation. Any leads on who can do a good job in Bangalore?
Sorry don't have leads for Bangalore. Another update - I had given car for wash and they sprayed water inside the bonnet - including over the headlight clusters. Thankfully not a drop of water trickled inside from the cut part.
Old 12th September 2014, 00:14   #2366
BHPian

Actually the water doesn't seep through the cut part you guys are talking about. 9 out of 10 cars in India have 100/90 or more higher capacity bulbs(the manufacturers have to put 60/55 due to some stupid government norms maybe) installed and all of them have to make "the cut". If it was the case, all cars would have had water inside the cluster. This is some other issue maybe related to just Vernas?
Old 12th September 2014, 11:00   #2367
BHPian

Are you guys talking about the moisture formation inside the pilot lamps? I do have moisture inside my pilot lamps sometimes. Is it because of the osram's I have installed?
Old 14th September 2014, 10:10   #2368
BHPian

All. Need some quick help. I am at the ASC for first free service. The SA is asking me to go for underbody coating as Verna is prone to scrapes. Is it worth it? I am reading mixed reviews about underbody coating. He said they use wurth priduct , which is supposed to be good.

Five years back I had got it done on my i10.
Old 14th September 2014, 14:26   #2369
BANNED

No coating will prevent damage from scrapes. Common sense right ;-)?
kumar2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 00:35   #2370
BHPian

All these extra works recommended by ASS are absolute rip-offs. Underbody coating, Teflon, engine polish, engine flush, coolant additives, oil supplements, and the biggest one; ENGINE DECARBONISATION!!! On new cars!! Can you guys believe these folks? Decarbonising needs to be done after at least 50,000 Km's or more, AFAIK. MOST OF THE TIMES THEY DONT EVEN DO IT AND JUST CHARGE YOU IN THE BILL BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY ITS NOT NEEDED AND YOU WONT FEEL ANY DIFFERENCE ANYWAYS, SO YOU CANT TELL IF THEY EVEN DID IT. Stay away people, just follow the service manual recommendations and you're good to fly. Just my two cents.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks