Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2015, 23:52   #2431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Hey guys,

Had a query regarding my December 2014 Verna SX Diesel.

Off late whenever I start my car and the AC is switched on, there is a foul odour that comes in the car which is unbearable.

What could be the issue??
What kind of smell? Musty and damp or dead rat types?

Suspect 1: Dead rat stuck somewhere in the ac vents.

Suspect 2: Carpets have somhow got wet and started spreading the foul smell.

Suspect 3: Other
Old 23rd April 2015, 07:09   #2432
BHPian

I think musty and damp. Somewhat like the smell of gas. Because my carpets don't seem to be wet at all.

The smell goes away after sometime when I put the AC in fresh air mode.

It is quite embarrassing when I have to drop somebody.
Old 26th April 2015, 06:40   #2433
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
I think musty and damp. Somewhat like the smell of gas. Because my carpets don't seem to be wet at all.

The smell goes away after sometime when I put the AC in fresh air mode.

It is quite embarrassing when I have to drop somebody.
get a Germi clean plus treatment done from 3M. Should definitely solve your problem whatever be the reason
Old 29th April 2015, 14:40   #2434
BHPian

Guys I was looking for a used AT sedan and came across a few Verna crdi AT models (2008-2009) in the range of 3.5L.
Is this a wise buy?
Any pointers (common problems) while checking the car?
Old 11th May 2015, 11:57   #2435
Senior - BHPian

Query regarding Hyundai Verna's Gear Issues

★★Query regarding Hyundai Verna's Gear Issues★★

Hi all
I have a 2013 model Hyundai Verna Fludic. The problem I'm facing since the past couple of months is that at times the gear lever becomes very hard & doesn't slot into the 1st / 2nd &/or Rev gears. It becomes so hard that if I try to force it it feels like something will break & especially when slotting into REV I hear sounds which comes when if one tries to force the gears when the clutch lever isn't pressed. But at other times it works simply like it should, without any issues. Also when the issue is occurring, if I switch off the vehicle, it slots smoothly and after its started back on, the gear lever becomes hard again.

I showed it to the workshop (Hans Hyundai, Moti Nagar) and they, As Usual, told me that I'll need to change a the complete clutch system and gave me an estimate of 32-35K. but aren't able to explain why this problem is there on a new car being just 2 years old and run for 53K kms.
Any pointers why this is so and any reliable Workshops(Delhi) where I can get this looked at?
I don't mind spending the cash & changing the Clutch, but only if its required and necessary. While driving normally, I feel no loss of power like I would had I had a weak Clutch.
Pl Help/ Guide
Old 19th May 2015, 10:31   #2436
BHPian

Hi, I had a few questions regarding the A/c (auto-climate control) for existing Verna owners:
  1. When the A/c is on, do you feel/hear the compressor turn on and off? Does it actually turn on/off?
  2. On a warm engine, what is the exact idling speed when the a/c if on, and when the a/c is off?
The reason for my questions: I have the new Verna 4S, and the A/c works perfectly. But I feel that the compressor is on all the time, and never switches off, because:
  1. On the outside, I can hear the typical "A/c on" sounding engine all the time
  2. Having the A/c off, blower on, but temperature set to low on a hot day, still blows cool (but not cold) air
  3. I don't hear/feel the compressor turn on and off. In all the other cars I have driven, I could hear/feel the same.
  4. The RPM always hovers at around 820 (and not around 790) - typical of the "A/c on" state
Note that I cannot see the compressor inside the bonnet properly, so I cannot figure out whether the electromagnet that runs the compressor is actually activated or not.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by PearlJam : 19th May 2015 at 10:40.
Old 19th May 2015, 11:40   #2437
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query regarding Hyundai Verna's Gear Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post

Hi all
I have a 2013 model Hyundai Verna Fludic. The problem I'm facing since the past couple of months is that at times the gear lever becomes very hard & doesn't slot into the 1st / 2nd &/or Rev gears. It becomes so hard that if I try to force it it feels like something will break & especially when slotting into REV I hear sounds which comes when if one tries to force the gears when the clutch lever isn't pressed. But at other times it works simply like it should, without any issues. Also when the issue is occurring, if I switch off the vehicle, it slots smoothly and after its started back on, the gear lever becomes hard again.

I showed it to the workshop (Hans Hyundai, Moti Nagar) and they, As Usual, told me that I'll need to change a the complete clutch system and gave me an estimate of 32-35K. but aren't able to explain why this problem is there on a new car being just 2 years old and run for 53K kms.
Any pointers why this is so and any reliable Workshops(Delhi) where I can get this looked at?
I don't mind spending the cash & changing the Clutch, but only if its required and necessary. While driving normally, I feel no loss of power like I would had I had a weak Clutch.
Pl Help/ Guide
It used to happen on my Getz often, esp when engaging reverse. The trick i was told by a friend to avoid spending any money was to first engage in 1st, move the vehicle a little, then engage reverse. Always worked.

I've no clue why it happens though. I first thought i wasn't pressing the clutch enough or maybe there was play in the pedal but none of this was the issue as per the mechanic.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 20:47   #2438
BHPian

Quote:
I had this exact same issue (2012 Nov manufactured Verna, 22K kms) and I faced this sporadically when I drove in 1st gear traffic for 20-30 minutes continuously. When i reported this to the service center, they bled the clutch system and then the problem disappeared. I have completed 30K kms now and no signs of the problem.
Voyager-1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 21:20   #2439
BHPian

Quote:

Hi all
My BIL's car [ same model] had this very same issue [and the solution was also suggested on very same line]. I came to experience this problem when I drove it for whole lot of time in the city. I remember I drove it for almost 3 to 4 hours in B'lore traffic and in the evening, while passing through a narrow lane, the car started to give the trouble as exactly you described.
I was unable to shift to 1st from neutral [ or for that matter, any other gear]. And after whole lot of time, the car moved with the system getting back to normal on its own. When I took this to my BIL's notice, he gave me an affirmative and when help was sought from Advaith Hyundai, they said 'clutch system' needs to be replaced.
Later, I didn't inquire the matter while he sold off the car. I'll talk to him and let you know if the issue was solved.
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 17:18   #2440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
The trick i was told by a friend to avoid spending any money was to first engage in 1st, move the vehicle a little, then engage reverse. Always worked.
The problem with me is that it occurs only in the 1st & Rev Gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
they bled the clutch system and then the problem disappeared. I have completed 30K kms now and no signs of the problem.
Will Try this. Fingers crossed for this to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Later, I didn't inquire the matter while he sold off the car. I'll talk to him and let you know if the issue was solved.
You've exactly described the issue which is occurring in my vehicle. I'll really appreciate if you could talk with your BIL and share the solution with me. It'll save me a lot of hit & trial not to mention frustration as well.
Old 20th May 2015, 20:35   #2441
BHPian

Quote:

You've exactly described the issue which is occurring in my vehicle. I'll really appreciate if you could talk with your BIL and share the solution with me. It'll save me a lot of hit & trial not to mention frustration as well.
I am afraid but my BIL says it seemed to be a manufacturing defect of that line and the Servicing fellas were never able to fix the thing but gave the same advice as yours- change the clutch system for 35-40k

Even though the problem was sporadic, So my BIL sold it off !
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 14:46   #2442

Guys, now that Android Auto is out is there a way to install it on Indian cars? Has anyone tried it? Would love to install it on my Verna SX 2014.
Old 27th May 2015, 15:25   #2443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunnahar View Post
Guys, now that Android Auto is out is there a way to install it on Indian cars? Has anyone tried it? Would love to install it on my Verna SX 2014.
As per news reports Hyundai has released it for Sonata model in USA alone. I am also waiting for it on my Verna 2014/SX.
Old 16th June 2015, 15:59   #2444

Guys, what would it cost to go for a modest detailing job on a year old Verna 1.6 SX? Faint scratches here and there and i want to get rid of them as soon as possible.
Old 17th June 2015, 08:09   #2445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunnahar View Post
Guys, what would it cost to go for a modest detailing job on a year old Verna 1.6 SX? Faint scratches here and there and i want to get rid of them as soon as possible.

Take it to 3M. If you are from Bangalore Ultimate Detailerz. Faint scratches can be treated. Would suggest the paint sealant treatment at 3M. They have good compounds to do away with faint scratches. If the scratches are deep you will be disappointed. It would cost around 6k. Ultimate Detailerz will be slightly more expensive but will do a better job.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks