Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2015, 11:48   #2461
BHPian

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
Hi All,

I own 2014 verna Top end diesel. As i have been complaining everywhere and to hyundai too. Those projectors are useless. Throw is pathetic. I have tried every possible option to escalate it, but the request lands up to dealer who does nothing. The projector throw is absolutely rubbish.

I have even told them to replace the head lights in warranty. but they yet to act upon it. I have no clue whether projectors are suppose to be like this or i have very specific issue. With many complaining i dont think its specific issue. I would say hold off your upgrade for sometime till i find some solution. The only thing i'm worried is warranty.

I had OSRAM relay cut out with higher wattage bulb on my previous car. it was amazing.

Projectors has been one issue for me since my purchase.

Any suggestions are welcome.

That is really strange. Are you sure it isn't a one off issue ???

Also have you tried converting it to HID with a relay ???

Cause my halogen headlamps are outright pathetic. They don't feel like they are turned on at night. A gas lantern will throw more light on the road. Absolute rubbish. I'm thinking of getting it replaced under warranty too....

My iphone 4S's torch is more effective at lighting the road. LOL

As suggested, I will contact Hyundai again

Regards,
Aniketh

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 18th September 2015, 13:19   #2462
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
That is really strange. Are you sure it isn't a one off issue ???

Also have you tried converting it to HID with a relay ???

Cause my halogen headlamps are outright pathetic. They don't feel like they are turned on at night. A gas lantern will throw more light on the road. Absolute rubbish. I'm thinking of getting it replaced under warranty too....

My iphone 4S's torch is more effective at lighting the road. LOL

As suggested, I will contact Hyundai again

Regards,
Aniketh

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Hi,

How do we convert it into HID. what is the cost involved and what about warranty. Even my situation is same. I somehow manage with beam leveller in low beam. High beam is very very distorted and no use. This is ok for city use. but real challenge is highway.

Even my friend who drove my car has same opinion. the high beam throw is total useless and he also managed highway drive in my car with low beam. the problem is, we do not have any contacts other than customer care. and they direct customer queries back to dealers who are even more useless.

this is severe safety issue which i do not want to ignore. Any direct contact of hyundai Higherup.
Old 18th September 2015, 17:21   #2463
BHPian

Reading the recent comments, I'm thinking twice of getting the headlamp projector setup. It's just 100/90 + relay for now. Interestingly I drove my BIL's creta with projector headlights and would definitely say that it had poor illumination on high beam. Does it have to do anything with the projector cut off line?

Last edited by D'Artagnan : 18th September 2015 at 17:25.
Old 6th October 2015, 18:53   #2464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
Reading the recent comments, I'm thinking twice of getting the headlamp projector setup. It's just 100/90 + relay for now. Interestingly I drove my BIL's creta with projector headlights and would definitely say that it had poor illumination on high beam. Does it have to do anything with the projector cut off line?
I drove a friend's Verna with projector headlights and he had modified them with 5000K HID's (including the fogs) and the light output was brilliant.

Anyways my friend is currently in Korea and he's getting the projector headlights for me from there and I just wanted to know if it is compatible with our cars here. Here's the link of the product.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252000759880...S:1123&vxp=mtr

(Comes upto 40k INR with shipping to India).

Whereas the same product here costs a whopping 1lac INR

Here's the link from Hyundai Genuine Parts
http://www.99rpm.com/hyundai/headlam...dic-verna.html (52k for one side)

Just want to know if its going to be compatible with my December 2014 Verna SX CRDi ???
Old 6th October 2015, 18:59   #2465
BHPian

Quote:
I drove a friend's Verna with projector headlights and he had modified them with 5000K HID's (including the fogs) and the light output was brilliant.

Anyways my friend is currently in Korea and he's getting the projector headlights for me from there and I just wanted to know if it is compatible with our cars here. Here's the link of the product.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252000759880...S:1123&vxp=mtr

(Comes upto 40k INR with shipping to India).

Whereas the same product here costs a whopping 1lac INR

Here's the link from Hyundai Genuine Parts
http://www.99rpm.com/hyundai/headlam...dic-verna.html (52k for one side)

Just want to know if its going to be compatible with my December 2014 Verna SX CRDi ???
It should be plug and play , check out the wiring module in existing headlights . As hyundai verna projector can only be fitted with HID 9005 , i have installed philips 9005 HID 6000 K in my verna 4s which comes with factory fitted projector setup now .
Old 6th October 2015, 19:11   #2466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
It should be plug and play , check out the wiring module in existing headlights . As hyundai verna projector can only be fitted with HID 9005 , i have installed philips 9005 HID 6000 K in my verna 4s which comes with factory fitted projector setup now .
Thanks, but how do I check the wiring module. ??? BTW how's your light output with HID Projectors ??? Better than stock ????
Old 6th October 2015, 19:20   #2467
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but how do I check the wiring module. ??? BTW how's your light output with HID Projectors ??? Better than stock ????
It like a day and night difference , output and throw is very good . Get it checked at hyundai dealership , there will be plenty of new Verna you can compare with your existing setup . Only problem with 6000 k setup is driving during the rainy season but it not that bad as compared to OEM . I wanted the setup to look cool as well that why i went for 6000 k , whats the point of spending 9000 bugs and it doesn't looks good as well .
Old 22nd October 2015, 14:18   #2468
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Am considering a 2012 1.6 VTVT SX (O) (Petrol). Car's seems in good condition, though ideally wanted a car not more than 2 years old.
How do I find what the on road price was for this model back then?
Our 1.6 diesel Verna SX cost us 11.64 lacs in April 2012, which changed to 12.00 lacs a day later thanks to revision in local R.T.O. tax.
Currently the difference between the 1.6 CRDI SX & the VTVT SX is 2 lacs, and option pack comprising of chrome handles, side curtain airbags, start / stop button etc. was 8--90K extra. So I'd guess the car cost the first owner between 10.5-11 lacs inclusive of zero depreciation etc.

EDIT: Just noticed your post date, hopefully you would have found yourself a car by now

Last edited by manson : 22nd October 2015 at 14:20.
Old 22nd October 2015, 15:32   #2469

Re: Query regarding Hyundai Verna's Gear Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
My BIL's car [ same model] had this very same issue [and the solution was also suggested on very same line]. I came to experience this problem when I drove it for whole lot of time in the city. I remember I drove it for almost 3 to 4 hours in B'lore traffic and in the evening, while passing through a narrow lane, the car started to give the trouble as exactly you described.
I was unable to shift to 1st from neutral [ or for that matter, any other gear]. And after whole lot of time, the car moved with the system getting back to normal on its own. When I took this to my BIL's notice, he gave me an affirmative and when help was sought from Advaith Hyundai, they said 'clutch system' needs to be replaced.
Later, I didn't inquire the matter while he sold off the car. I'll talk to him and let you know if the issue was solved.
I too faced the same issue in a 2 year old SX diesel with 25k on board.
The gear liver got stuck after driving in Bangalore traffic for 30 minutes. They replaced the master/slave cylinders, to get the problem resolved - 14k gone from my pocket. After that it has been behaving properly.

Another issue I always face is that if I dont take out my car for 10 days, the brakes become spongy heavily. t feels like power brakes are no more working and the car wont stop while applying brakes and it requires a minimum running inside flat (as there wont be any other vehicles) to restore the brakes. I gave it to service center twice. first time, they replaced the disc rotors. 2nd time they claim, they did brake bleeding. But then I understood the solution was to run the car by applying brakes continuously in 1st/2nd gear, for about 30 minutes.

All Verna's have the same issue?
Old 25th October 2015, 19:10   #2470
BHPian

Has anyone faced issues connecting their iphone 6/5s/5 which comes with Lightning cable to the iPod/iphone USB slot in the 2014 facelift Verna SX? When I connect the cable it just does not connect and unable to play music via the Bluetooth. Same works perfectly in my Grand i10 Asta OEM system. Any solution has been found for the Verna issue?
Old 30th October 2015, 14:51   #2471
BHPian

Someone requested share access to the verna brochure I posted in the this thread at the link below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2347614

This is now modified to be visible "publicly" from "anyone with the link". Just FYI. The access was tested earlier when posted and was available on clicking the link. Don't know what changed, but never mind. Its a public document now.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
In a projector with high and low beams, the low beam is formed by cutting off the light from reflecting out by the flap & solenoid combination.

The light from the always on HID, passes through the single optical lense which is designed to spread the low beam wide.

Since high beam is just out putting the cutoff low beam part of the light, this also spreads like the low beam. This is why you might feel that the illumination is less. The light is the same, but spread out.

The ideal would be to have a bifocal lense to continue the spread on the low beam but channel the top part of the beam narrowly to reach a longer distance, in a teardrop beam shape, something which would be very difficult to achieve optically in minimum cost.

The best would be to have a dual projector setup where the focal distances and beam shapes are correct or or "lowbeam projector/high beam reflector" to serve the high and low purpose, which is bound to push up costs.

Last edited by optimist : 30th October 2015 at 15:19.
Old 1st November 2015, 17:42   #2472
BHPian

Guys my first batch fluidic crdi Verna is giving mild creeking and knocking sounds likely from steering and /or suspension lately. Since it's out of warranty, checked out independent garage. The garage guy says he will open wheels and check. Anyone faced similar issues in their Vernas?
Old 5th November 2015, 11:14   #2473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
I'd posted this query sometime back and got some replies/ suggestions for the same.

In reference to the problem stated above, I think that I've found out a work around to this.
The other day I was getting the brake pads replaced on my I10 at small nondescript workshop near my home. I began chatting with the mechanic about the gearbox issue being faced on my Verna. As a surprise he told me that he knew about the problem and knew about the solution. He said that the problem isn't with the clutch or the gearbox but something to do with the Clutch Master Cylinder(CMC). I wasn't present while the job was being done and had sent my driver with the vehicle with the strict instructions that the gearbox shouldn't be opened. What he did was opened the boot of CMC (I might be wrong about the part name, but this is what my driver told me) to do this he removed the air filter (to access the part), opened the Boot covering the CMC and welded a piece of a small steel rod to a piece of rod which was already there but was short in length than what it should be. This the mechanic explained is what engages the clutch and the result of it being short was the vehicle was behaving in a way the the clutch wasn't being engaged.
We've driven the vehicle for about 150 kms since this job and am very pleased to say that the issue seems to be resolved for now. Fingers crossed.
Total cost of the job 300 bucks of Labor Charge.
With respect to this Gearbox issue, I have been facing this problem for last one year, having changed CMC twice, my First Gear is still very hard to engage. ASS are now claiming helplessness and given up. I will need a favor from you, will you share the contact no. of the mechanic who worked to resolve your gearbox? I would want to speak to him and try this solution at Bangalore. Mine is First Generation 2011 Model.
Old 5th November 2015, 14:05   #2474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenoytech View Post
With respect to this Gearbox issue, I have been facing this problem for last one year, having changed CMC twice, my First Gear is still very hard to engage. ASS are now claiming helplessness and given up. I will need a favor from you, will you share the contact no. of the mechanic who worked to resolve your gearbox? I would want to speak to him and try this solution at Bangalore. Mine is First Generation 2011 Model.
Hi shenoytech
The desi jugaad which I did earlier did work for some time but again the same problem reappeared and the gear became very hard to slot into 1st and reverse. Then at the last service (done last week at 61K kms) I got the Clutch Slave Cylinder replaced, against the advise of the service technician(ST) and the problem didn't go away. My thinking was as the Clutch Slave Cylinder (CSC) was modified earlier, the issue might be resolved by changing the CSC.
The ST also told me that they've faced similar issues in some pre-2012 Verna's (mine is a Dec'12) and the only way to get this sorted out is by overhauling the complete Clutch which I got done just 2 days back. Now its been 2 days and though I've driven the vehicle just for 100 kms the gears are as smooth as it were when the vehicle was brand new.
Also though I ain't completely sure on this but I believe that they are installing some modified Clutch plates in pre-2012 Verna's. The reason I believe is the Service Adviser kept the vehicle for 2 days and told me that though they have Clutch Plate Kits for the Verna in stock, my model need to be installed with some modified plates. Again its just word of mouth so I ain't sure.

Enclosing a copy of the cost of the CSC and the complete bill for Clutch Overhauling.
Hope it helps.

Clutch Slave Cylinder
Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-untitled1.jpg

Clutch Overhauling Bill

Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-untitled.jpg
Old 6th November 2015, 19:25   #2475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hi shenoytech
The desi jugaad
The ST also told me that they've faced similar issues in some pre-2012 Verna's (mine is a Dec'12) and the only way to get this sorted out is by overhauling the complete Clutch which I got done just 2 days back. Now its been 2 days and though I've driven the vehicle just for 100 kms the gears are as smooth as it were when the vehicle was brand new.
Also though I ain't completely sure on this but I believe that they are installing some modified Clutch plates in pre-2012 Verna's. The reason I believe is the Service Adviser kept the vehicle for 2 days and told me that though they have Clutch Plate Kits for the Verna in stock, my model need to be installed with some modified plates. Again its just word of mouth so I ain't sure.

Enclosing a copy of the cost of the CSC and the complete bill for Clutch Overhauling.
Hope it helps.

Clutch Slave Cylinder
Thanks Harjeev for the timely response, I have given my Car today for regular servicing and I propose to get the fix done with line items mentioned in your list after consluting the Service Advisor, which will again take two days just like yours. My Clutch Master Cylinder is relatively new so those items must hopefully solve the problem.This probelm started at 65K kms and I am now at 97k on ODO. This will be my third such Fix without the guarantee of permanent solution.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks