Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2015, 03:52   #2416
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
So, I visited Samara Hyundai Mayapuri service center yesterday.
Had to explain the issue atleast 3 times to 3 different people. As expected, the last one said, they have never encountered such an issue and said since it is a Saturday and HMP is closed, so i will have to come again next week on Wednesday to get it checked.

When i pointed out that I hope these issues are covered under the 3rd year extended warranty, the SA was quick to say that accessories are not covered in extended warranty! I was like, since when did the component that came pre-installed in the car become an accessory??

At that, he called up someone on the phone and explained him the issue. The person on the other side quickly told him that this can either be the mic or headunit itself. Again, the SA requested me to come on wednesday, since monday was a 26 Jan and tuesday they will have huge rush!

He said, on wednesday he will arrange a mic on wednesday or will swap the mic from another car. If it is the mic, i will get a free replacement, and if it is the HU, it is not covered!!

HMP is about 35kms from my place, so i really dont want to drive all the way for this. SO, i have no option but to go again.

Hope it doesnt turn out to be the HU itself!

Can anyone confirm that the HU is not covered in the extended warranty?
same issue with my car but unfortunately i am in bengaluru whereas my car is in delhi... need to get it checked once I am back. do post the outcome after your visit.
Old 15th February 2015, 07:12   #2417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_jeenu View Post
same issue with my car but unfortunately i am in bengaluru whereas my car is in delhi... need to get it checked once I am back. do post the outcome after your visit.
I had visited 2 weeks back and as expected they had not ordered the mic. I was really pissed off and gave a piece of my mind to the floor manager.
He assured me to do something and got an electrician to check out the issue. After trying several phones, they tried to convince me that there was no issue in the voice clarity, but when i put my foot down they finally accepted.

Since they did not have a mic in stock, they swapped the mic from another verna which had come for body work and told me to use it for some days and give feedback. I drove off and on the very next day gave them feedback that there was no change.

At this, i was told that it will be the HU and it is not covered un extended warranty.
I registered a complaint at Hyundai call center because i still suspected the mic to be an issue. I also mentioned in the complaint that they swapped part from another customer's car and never made a job sheet for my car.
Next day i got a call from the dealer and they offered me to try another brand new HU to make sure it was not the HU. Within an hour or so, they were at my office in Gurgaon with a brand new HU which they took out from a new car in showroom . Swapped the HU and still no change, so they took it back and promised me to order a brand new mic and it would take about a week to come.
Got a call some days back that the mic has come and i should come to get it replaced. I have been travelling, I might get it done in the coming week.

More on this later, once the mic is replaced.

As you can make out, dealer has been very casual towards this whole thing right from taking parts from other customer's cars and HU from a brand new car. I mentioned it in my complaint that i will be very worried while giving my car to them, god knows which part they will swap without my knowledge.
Old 15th February 2015, 20:04   #2418
BHPian

Guys got a quote for 1.6 CRDI SX in Bangalore for a 2014 model car. SA is telling me its a October manufactured vehicle.

On road price: 12,16,696/-
Free insurance: 41,365/-
Cash discount: 23000/-
Loyalty bonus: 15000/-
Total on road price after discount: 11,37,311

Do you think this is a good price for a car that's been sitting on the stockyard for about 5 months?.
Old 15th February 2015, 21:10   #2419
BANNED

Think of the depreciation hit. You'll be missing out on the facelift that if mere days away and it's an old car.
The value will anyway plummet after the facelift is launched so in case you want this, you'll get more lucrative offers.

Wait it out till the facelift launches is my advice to you.
Old 15th February 2015, 22:31   #2420
BHPian

No one using 3D car mats? I posted in this thread but no one responded.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3643816

If someone can suggest from their first hand experience, then please do. I am desperate to buy one set in beige for my silver Verna.
Old 15th February 2015, 23:16   #2421
Senior - BHPian

The new face lifted Verna seems to be much better to drive that the current model. As per NDTV reviews the car looks kind of nice in the front and has much better suspension setup and harder steering wheel. Guess we can get it fitted in the current car at some cost.
Old 19th February 2015, 22:46   #2422
BHPian

Friends, Need Help!

My 2012 Petrol Verna was only parked for 6 days while I was out of town, and when I took her out for a drive today, I noticed that the entire reversing module was not working.

• When I engage reverse, I get the usual beep beep sound, but no rear view on ECM.
  • No beeps from sensors even when I was pretty close to another vehicle at rear.
  • The ECM despite being switched on, did not go to the Anti Glare (dark) mode.
The instruction manual says if there is no beep on engaging reverse, and if there is an intermittent beep while reverse engaged, go to the service center. However, in my case both things were untrue.
The car has been standstill from the last time it worked.

Has anyone else experienced this or can someone suggest what could be the cause?
Old 27th February 2015, 13:40   #2423
BHPian

Hi All. Completed 10k on my 2014 Verna CRDi SX last week. Bought it on 22 August 2014. So took about 6 months to cover 10k. Happy to announce I am yet to scrape the under body even once on Verna. Isnt that an achievement!

Trips done till date from Bangalore - Mysore, Coimbatore, Valparai, Goa, Ooty, Tirupati and Shivasamudram.

Best mileage highway: 25kmpl (Bangalore - Coimbatore)
Avg mileage in BLR (Bumper-Bumper): 14kmpl

I Free Service: Normal + underbody coating (yes, fell for it).
II Free Service: Normal

Service Note: In both services, the service guys greased the arm rest. This time gave a piece of my mind in the feedback call. The service advisor called back and informed that they will get it washed and cleaned again. So happy with Advaith for listening to me.

Accidents:
1. Scrapped botton of bumper on a stone by the road side.
2. Two (almost invisible) minor scratches donated by the side winders of Bangalore
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2015, 13:42   #2424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
Guys got a quote for 1.6 CRDI SX in Bangalore for a 2014 model car. SA is telling me its a October manufactured vehicle.

Total on road price after discount: 11,37,311

Do you think this is a good price for a car that's been sitting on the stockyard for about 5 months?.
The on road price of the 4S Verna is way too high. Go for the 2014 model, if it is still available. Ask for further reduction in cost. Actually I bought Verna CRDi SX in August 2014. On road price for me came to 11.5L.

Tell them to give cash discount of 44k for insurance and you can get insurance for 30k from TATA AIG directly.
Old 27th February 2015, 14:37   #2425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Tell them to give cash discount of 44k for insurance and you can get insurance for 30k from TATA AIG directly.
2014 vehicles aren't available anymore, so that's out. And regarding insurance there's another scam that these guys are running. I was quoted a price of 42,300/- for insurance + 4500 for bumper to bumper, when enquired outside I got a quote of 35k for bumper to bumper, told SA that I will buy insurance on my own and to discount of that money, SA says then you must pay 30% of the insurance amount. Asked him why, he says it's company policy, utter BS according to me.
Old 27th February 2015, 14:44   #2426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
2014 vehicles aren't available anymore, so that's out. And regarding insurance there's another scam that these guys are running. I was quoted a price of 42,300/- for insurance + 4500 for bumper to bumper, when enquired outside I got a quote of 35k for bumper to bumper, told SA that I will buy insurance on my own and to discount of that money, SA says then you must pay 30% of the insurance amount. Asked him why, he says it's company policy, utter BS according to me.
There is absolutely nothing like that. I bought insurance on my own. Just make a lot of noise or tell them you will book with other dealer. That should do it. And FYI - I bought from Advaith Bannerghatta Road. Ping me if you need contact of my sales agent.
Naetik30 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2015, 21:51   #2427
BHPian

Hey Folks !
I used to own a August 2014 Verna SX AT Diesel until a month ago.
One fine Morning I walked up to my parking spot which happens to be 10 steps away from my house and all I could find were broken pieces of glass.
Yes, my 6 month/4,000 km old Automatic Verna got stolen.
Have registered a FIR and a claim. The police don't seem very hopeful and probably will give the non traceable report in the next few days.

I am still shocked and surprised at how manufacturers talk big about immobilizers and security systems as both the keys are with me.
[SX(O) does have a push button start and I guess that is more secure or is it ?]

Two Lessons learnt :
1. Automatic cars are as susceptible to thieves as manual ones:
Don't bash me for this but until now most people either feigned ignorance to the availability of an auto transmission or had doubts regarding its life but I realized when I had to buy a replacement that the popularity of Automatics had increased dramatically.

2. Always buy a Return-to-Invoice Cover :
I had a zero depreciation cover but no Return to Invoice Add on which (I never thought I would need), the mere 3-4k more could have saved me ALMOST A 100 times that amount.

Last edited by Jag4 : 1st March 2015 at 22:00. Reason: additions
Jag4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2015, 05:44   #2428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
Hey Folks !
I used to own a August 2014 Verna SX AT Diesel until a month ago.
One fine Morning I walked up to my parking spot which happens to be 10 steps away from my house and all I could find were broken pieces of glass.
Yes, my 6 month/4,000 km old Automatic Verna got stolen.
Have registered a FIR and a claim. The police don't seem very hopeful and probably will give the non traceable report in the next few days.

I am still shocked and surprised at how manufacturers talk big about immobilizers and security systems as both the keys are with me.
[SX(O) does have a push button start and I guess that is more secure or is it ?]

Two Lessons learnt :
1. Automatic cars are as susceptible to thieves as manual ones:
Don't bash me for this but until now most people either feigned ignorance to the availability of an auto transmission or had doubts regarding its life but I realized when I had to buy a replacement that the popularity of Automatics had increased dramatically.

2. Always buy a Return-to-Invoice Cover :
I had a zero depreciation cover but no Return to Invoice Add on which (I never thought I would need), the mere 3-4k more could have saved me ALMOST A 100 times that amount.
So sorry to hear about your loss. That is indeed sad and painful when you think about the amount of money gone done down the drain. My brother's Alto also got stolen yesterday from outside his office where he had left it parked overnight in Sheikh Sarai, Delhi !
My neighbours are not too pleasant so I have installed a camera at the rear balcony of my house where I park my car and can see it safe n sound. Additionally, I had got the siren alarm installed from Hyundai for an additional 2500 rupees in the 1st year itself. Its the 3rd year now to be completed this June.

Last edited by mani_jeenu : 2nd March 2015 at 05:45.
Old 14th March 2015, 20:34   #2429
BHPian

Hyundai dealer is most likely taking me for a ride!
TL;DR: Hyundai dealer not giving loyalty discount demanding colour xerox of RC smart card. Payment made a week ago vehicle is available but still not registered and no communication regarding delivery.

Hey guys its been one week since I booked a pre facelift verna in Bangalore, Residency road showroom. I have finished making the payment and they (showroom) have also received the payment. Two problems are cropping up for me:

1. The showroom is not giving me loyalty discount unless I submit a colour xerox copy of my RC smart card. I dont have it because I have already sold my old Hyundai car. But I did submit original invoice, original insurance copy, xerox of RC smart card and also original temporary registration certificate. The dealer is demanding to produce a colour xerox of RC smart card and is telling me that loyalty discount is only applicable if the customer is owning the Hyundai car. Is this true?

2. I have made my payment a week ago, SA is telling me that he is getting it registered today or tomorrow but till date has not given me any confirmed delivery date. What exactly are these guys doing with my money and not delivering the car?
Old 22nd April 2015, 23:10   #2430
BHPian

Hey guys,

Had a query regarding my December 2014 Verna SX Diesel.

Off late whenever I start my car and the AC is switched on, there is a foul odour that comes in the car which is unbearable.

What could be the issue??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks