Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2011, 13:14   #46
BANNED

Re: A Car Hunt ended up with Living Tmrrw 2Day – Toyota Etios Liva G – SP Vermilion R

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Even I believe the gearbox seems to be the same and definitely the gear ratios are different.

Generally, once the complete payment is made (note the dealer accounts has to realize funds from the cheque/DD or whatever) and the form 20 signed, the registration process starts. If the vehicle is sent to the RTO before the closure of Treasury hours, it would be registered the same day. Generally the dealer takes an additional day or two depending what all accessories you opt from the dealer.

What is the dealer telling you about the registration and delivery.
Complete payment was made about one month ago .
The dealer said he will deliver on the 9Nov.I have signed the Forn20 on the 2Nov
so I guess the dealer has got more than enough time for all the things to get completed on time.
I should say you are getting good fuel economy figures. Its encouraging.
Old 7th November 2011, 23:01   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms

Got the below items for the car today.

Door sill plates. Cost Rs. 1200/-

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-07112011205.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-07112011207.jpg

Sonax Clear View 1:100 concentrate. Cost Rs 349/-

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-07112011210.jpg

Jopasu duster Rs. 241/-

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-07112011208.jpg
Old 8th November 2011, 14:13   #48
BHPian

Re: A Car Hunt ended up with Living Tmrrw 2Day – Toyota Etios Liva G – SP Vermilion R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran View Post
I haven't seen the logo embossed on the cover. I will check once again.
The ETIOS logo embossed on the cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap
Door sill plates. Cost Rs. 1200/-
You got these at the dealer? I dont see them on Toyota accessories website.

Last edited by kiran : 8th November 2011 at 14:21. Reason: Wanted to multi quote
Old 8th November 2011, 16:31   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The ETIOS logo embossed on the cover.

You got these at the dealer? I dont see them on Toyota accessories website.
No this is not from Toyota. I got it from outside. There is one such accessory for etios but its costs around 4800 bucks. Felt it wasn't worth and bought these instead.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2011, 17:12   #50
BHPian

Quote:
No this is not from Toyota. I got it from outside. There is one such accessory for etios but its costs around 4800 bucks. Felt it wasn't worth and bought these instead.
Its good to see that Liva accessories are available in open market. I am not sure where to find in Chennai
Old 8th November 2011, 22:22   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its good to see that Liva accessories are available in open market. I am not sure where to find in Chennai
Do give it a try at the stores in Chennai, If you don't find one, I can always pick one and courier them to you.

Any updates on the mileage front. I've 900 kms on the Odo, will head for the first service on Saturday. I will book the service tomorrow.
Old 9th November 2011, 17:00   #52
BHPian

Hi!
I currently own a Maruti Suzuki WagonR, and im planning on replacing it with a diesel hatchback. Well, i have considered the Volkswagen Polo, but i really am stammering to buy it, as i feel its overpriced for a hatchback. Since i have limited city driving only, it thought it would sort of be pointless spending close to 8lacs on a hatchback.
Toyota is well known for its built quality too. Thought it lacks in features, compared to its rivals, be it in any segment, i do have the Etios Liva in my mind.
If you can help me stake out the '+' points in the Liva, id probably opt for this and rule out the plan for the Polo.
Please help me out on this!
Old 9th November 2011, 19:26   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContiMental View Post
Hi!
If you can help me stake out the '+' points in the Liva, id probably opt for this and rule out the plan for the Polo.
+s of Liva diesel against Polo diesel

-- Better Mileage (ARAI as well as practical).
-- Much better space (Liva is a proper 5 seater whereas Polo is a proper 4 seater with lack of space for 5th, verified with a friend who owns a Polo).
-- Great drive-ability, though i can't compare it with Polo.
-- Amazing comfort and standard ABS
-- Much cheaper to buy, run and maintain, and much much better service network.

+s of Polo diesel against Liva diesel

-- Better looking car, perhaps the best in class looks
-- Better built, stronger body and better stability
-- Better interiors

The call is yours...all the best!
mayank10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 23:41   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContiMental View Post
Hi!
I currently own a Maruti Suzuki WagonR, and im planning on replacing it with a diesel hatchback. Well, i have considered the Volkswagen Polo, but i really am stammering to buy it, as i feel its overpriced for a hatchback. Since i have limited city driving only, it thought it would sort of be pointless spending close to 8lacs on a hatchback.
Toyota is well known for its built quality too. Thought it lacks in features, compared to its rivals, be it in any segment, i do have the Etios Liva in my mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank10 View Post
+s of Liva diesel against Polo diesel

-- Better Mileage (ARAI as well as practical).
-- Much better space (Liva is a proper 5 seater whereas Polo is a proper 4 seater with lack of space for 5th, verified with a friend who owns a Polo).
-- Great drive-ability, though i can't compare it with Polo.
-- Amazing comfort and standard ABS
-- Much cheaper to buy, run and maintain, and much much better service network.

+s of Polo diesel against Liva diesel

-- Better looking car, perhaps the best in class looks
-- Better built, stronger body and better stability
-- Better interiors

The call is yours...all the best!
Mayank has covered most of the +ves. Let me add some of my views as well to confuse you further
  1. Superb space and nice touches here and there to keep your nifty things around.
  2. A completely practical hatch with decent interiors (wont call it great by any means) and one can expect the Toyota Reliability associated with it
  3. I am getting decent mileage of 13.2-14 kmpl in the city with AC and got 20 kmpl on the highway. Note all these with a light foot on the accelerator pedal.
  4. Braking is confidence inspiring.
  5. Handles pretty decent and ride is neighter too stiff nor too soft, it does possess a neat balance. Note this is no where near the ride quality or the handling of the Fiat
  6. The headlight has good spread for low beam and high beam. The headlight leveler has good range and can set to the bets view at most times.
  7. The cooled Glove-box does help keeping your water bottles cool.
  8. The G version does not come with any chrome and as good as per my personal taste.
  9. The car is not under tyred unlike some of its competition
  10. Decent all round visibility and the cabin does have an airy feel to it.
Now some -ves or shortfalls to consider as well
  1. The noise insulation can definitely be better. A thick under-body coating is a must.
  2. The AC blower can get noisy at blower speed of 3 and 4.
  3. The headlight/parking lights do not turn off when the key is turned off, found it weird
  4. For diesel, you wont get anything free, everything has to paid and bought
If you have some specific questions in mind, do ask. I'll try my best to clarify/answer them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Is your car KA51 reg? I spotted a red one on Bannergatta road last sunday night
No. My car is KA04 and its there on the pics on this thread
Old 10th November 2011, 09:36   #55
BHPian

Belated Congrats Krishna on the liva.Liva looks the best in the vermilion red and in the G version without the ugly chrome.Great review ,stunning pics.But in the interiors ,the could have the tacho in G version.Why don't you get the 15" wheels from VX model.They look nice on the car.Drive safe.Happy motoring.
Sreehari
Old 10th November 2011, 23:14   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Belated Congrats Krishna on the liva.Liva looks the best in the vermilion red and in the G version without the ugly chrome.Great review ,stunning pics.But in the interiors ,the could have the tacho in G version.Why don't you get the 15" wheels from VX model.They look nice on the car.Drive safe.Happy motoring.
Sreehari
No doubt the alloys look good, but the alloys on the V and VX version cost Rs. 38,800/- for a set of 5. Definitely not worth that much money.

Will have 14 inchers soon, waiting to set right the Vitamin M for the alloys.

Thanks for the wishes mate.

Another note, booked for the first service this Saturday. Checked with the SA for the oil change (not suggested in the first service) and to my shock the labour charge for the oil change is chargeable, is this correct on the part of service center?

Will check and update soon.
Old 11th November 2011, 00:51   #57
BANNED

Quote:
No doubt the alloys look good, but the alloys on the V and VX version cost Rs. 38,800/- for a set of 5. Definitely not worth that much money.

Will have 14 inchers soon, waiting to set right the Vitamin M for the alloys.

Thanks for the wishes mate.

Another note, booked for the first service this Saturday. Checked with the SA for the oil change (not suggested in the first service) and to my shock the labour charge for the oil change is chargeable, is this correct on the part of service center?

Will check and update soon.

+1 on alloys.

I just want to request that if you get the oil changed can u get the backside picture of the bottle to know who makes it and what viscosity it is.
I guess it can be chargeable cause it is not included by the manufacture.

Actually this post was to tell you I got my delivery today as promised.Thanks for the all the help
Old 11th November 2011, 09:09   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilmonkey View Post
+1 on alloys.

I just want to request that if you get the oil changed can u get the backside picture of the bottle to know who makes it and what viscosity it is.
I guess it can be chargeable cause it is not included by the manufacture.

Actually this post was to tell you I got my delivery today as promised.Thanks for the all the help
Congrats on your car. Do put up a thread and pics as well. By the way, I forgot which variant and color of Liva you have bought. Do enjoy driving the car.

I will try and take pictures during the service, subject to the SA letting me do that. But I will try to get the empty bottle after the oil change.
Old 12th November 2011, 22:33   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the first service done. Got a couple of accessories done as well.
  1. The Door/Side visor
  2. Boot Mat Fabric.
The service observations.
  1. Got the oil and oil filter changed though not recommended by Toyota. The SA told labour for oil change is chargeable, but more on probing, they waived it off
  2. The Under-body was inspected and washed.
  3. The first service being more of an inspection and my voluntary engine oil and oil filter change was the only additional thing.
  4. All electrical equipment checked
  5. Air filter was cleaned. It wasn't dirty either.
  6. Other mandatory checks done.
The observations after service
  1. The engine feels a lot smoother.
  2. Perceivable improvement in gearshift quality
  3. The interior cabin is bit lesser noisier than before.
  4. he car feels nice after the service, probably psychological effect of first service
Now about Service Center - Viva Toyota - Yelahanka
  1. The SA is knowledgeable and knows what he is talking.
  2. The washing was good, but the wiping was pathetic. Had to handover my 3M microfiber cloth and had to direct the boys personally to clean up the car. It was more of a training that was given by me to them.
  3. All is well till the bill is prepared and the gate pass is given. Effect of carelessness from the technician .
Overall rating for the service center is only 7/10. I will narrate the complete story with pics tomorrow. Lazy now to transfer the pics from the mobile.

I had to come out with mixed expressions. If people are blaming on the TASS then Toyota A*S*S is also similar.

The service bill break up
  1. Engine Oil - (Part No - L0888-083117) - 3 Liters - Rs. 792.07
  2. Oil Filter - (Part No - A-90915-TA005) - Rs. 185.82
  3. Gasket Oil Pan Drain - (Part No - A-90430-12031) - Rs. 31.92
Total Rs. 1,009.81/-

Other accessories prices, Labour is free for the accessories fitting
  1. Side Visor (Part No - A-PZ033-0D602) - Rs. 1596 (the dealer accessory guy quoted 1750. 1750 - 1596 = 154 is the labour. Just ridiculous amount for sticking the visors on the door)
  2. Trunk Mat Fabric (Part No - A-PZ005-0D602) - Rs. 364.80/-. (the dealer accessory guy quoted 418. 418 - 365 = 53 is the labour. I don't understand what work is involved in putting the mats in the boot. A mail is being shot to Toyota about this practice, anybody else faced this, bring it to Toyota's notice)
Approximate labour for the regular service would be around 1400. Total service cost with Oil change should be around Rs. 2,500/- Quite reasonable I should say.

The pics will come tomorrow.
Old 12th November 2011, 23:59   #60
BANNED

Mine is the same variant as yours G(SP) and its White in colour.
Looking at the cost of the oil its a mineral oil 792 for 3ltr's.
Did you check what they used I mean the brand and the viscosity.Or better did you get the picture by any chance.
Waiting to know the reasons for 7/10 rating for the service.
And I would like to know what questions you asked(Probing) to get the oil change labour waived off. Because I am not good with probing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks