Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2011, 18:56   #61
BHPian

Re: A Car Hunt ended up with Living Tmrrw 2Day – Toyota Etios Liva G – SP Vermilion R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran View Post
Hi Sats, can you please let us know what is the cost of these fittings? Which model Poineer HU? Howmuch for 3M Sunfilm?
I need to do these fittings for my Liva too. Thanks.
The Pioneer HU is 3000 series with USB and the speakers were all from my previous car - Baleno. Had paid around Rs.4500/ a year back for the HU. 3M sunfilm was the executive variat at around Rs.2450/ with 2 year warranty
sats is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 21:34   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms

As mentioned in my earlier post. Here it goes as to why I rate the service to be 7/10.
  1. A deep scratch that the technician managed to do on the dashboard.
  2. The grease mark on the door.
  3. Was completely unhappy about the wiping done after the wash. I had to train the guy who was wiping and had to give the Microfiber cloth that I had taken along with me to clean up my car.
The dirt marks on the door

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-121.jpg

The photos of the scratch on the dashboard

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-122.jpg

I have raised a complaint with the dealer. The dealer has promised to look into the issue and tried convincing me that there is dashboard rubbing compound which will clear up the mess.

A couple of snaps of the accessories

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-128.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-130.jpg

A shot at 1000 kms completion

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-126.jpg

A random shot taken from upstairs

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-131.jpg

I had requested the SA to give me an empty bottle. However, when I returned home observed that he has given me the wrong bottle (10W-30) instead of 5W-30

Last edited by nkrishnap : 14th November 2011 at 21:36.
Old 14th November 2011, 22:36   #63
BANNED

Sad to know about the scratch.Other accessories look good.
You said the SA gave you 10w30.What brand it is on the back of the bottle ,I mean the manufacturer.
They might have used an 10w30 i guess.Did you see them filling 5w30 in your car.
Old 15th November 2011, 07:20   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilmonkey View Post
Sad to know about the scratch.Other accessories look good.
You said the SA gave you 10w30.What brand it is on the back of the bottle ,I mean the manufacturer.
They might have used an 10w30 i guess.Did you see them filling 5w30 in your car.
i did personally see them filling 5W-30 oil. I didn't collect The empty can at that time. The brand is Toyota itself. It says Toyota motor oil and rating with oil type.
Old 16th November 2011, 16:44   #65
BANNED

OK.So they have used Toyota Genuine Motor Oil and its 5w30 as you have seen it. What I was intrested in was who makes it for Toyota.If you still got the bottle of 10w30 can you check at the back of the bottle.It will be under
Manufactured By.
I want to ask you one more thing.C an we add the meter console with the Tachometer that comes in the higher variant, because I miss it a lot. Though I would not do it now maybe at a later stage if possible.
Old 16th November 2011, 18:17   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

My replies in bold

Quote:
OK.So they have used Toyota Genuine Motor Oil and its 5w30 as you have seen it. What I was intrested in was who makes it for Toyota.If you still got the bottle of 10w30 can you check at the back of the bottle.It will be under
Manufactured By.

I will check and update as who manufactures it for Toyota.

I want to ask you one more thing.C an we add the meter console with the Tachometer that comes in the higher variant, because I miss it a lot. Though I would not do it now maybe at a later stage if possible.
Even I was very keen on having the tachometer and asked the SA if the console can be replaced. He said yes it can be replaced, but still the Tachometer wont work as the wiring required for it is absent.

Disclaimer - I have not personally checked if the wiring is there, this is as per the SA words.
Old 19th November 2011, 00:49   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Update!

Total odo reading 1108 kms.

Tanked up today to just check the city mileage again.

197.1 kms in 13.5 litres = 14.6 kmpl

With regard to the scratch on the dashboard, I had expressed my displeasure. I got a call today from Toyota that would try and repair it, if it is not satisfactory, they would replace the dashboard free of cost.

Quite happy at how this being dealt now. Mistake did happen, but the willingness to correct the mistake is a welcome move. Tied up this week, will take the car to the service center and update on the proceedings.
Old 25th November 2011, 16:52   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

I have booked an appointment tomorrow with the Service Center to get the scratches on the dashboard fixed.

Let see how things turn out.

By the way, after they fiddled with the center console during the first service, there is a mild rattle from the console when driven over heavily pot holed road.

I have brought this to the notice of the SA. Now I hope they dont cause a new problem while trying to fix the existing one that they have created.
Old 25th November 2011, 19:43   #69
BHPian

Hi nkrishnap, Kudos to your ownership review and for having started this very informative thread. The review I read here helped me seal the deal and I was all in for the Liva G-SP. However, went with my parents n wife for the TD and ended up with the rest of the family convincing me to go for the Etios Sedan G-SP instead! Will be going to Viva Toyota tomorrow to initiate the Bank Finance processing.

Will definitely look forward for some more tips from this thread and may be pose a few questions as well.

Almost forgot, a very belated congratulations on your Liva
Old 25th November 2011, 23:13   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by si1ver0ne View Post
Hi nkrishnap, Kudos to your ownership review and for having started this very informative thread. The review I read here helped me seal the deal and I was all in for the Liva G-SP. However, went with my parents n wife for the TD and ended up with the rest of the family convincing me to go for the Etios Sedan G-SP instead! Will be going to Viva Toyota tomorrow to initiate the Bank Finance processing.

Will definitely look forward for some more tips from this thread and may be pose a few questions as well.

Almost forgot, a very belated congratulations on your Liva
Hi Silverone,

Congrats on the Eitos G-SP. A perfect variant as my views. Who is the sales rep you are dealing with. Give me a buzz @(n.krishna.p@gmail.com) with your contact details we can have a quick chat, I will put you on to the right person there, so your process of getting the car should be smooth.

No issues at all. Do post questions, I will answer to the best of my abilities

By the way, here we go with another mileage update. The odo stands at 1,289 kms. The drive seems to be getting smoother.

256 kms in 17.96 litres = 14.25 kmpl

This is with 50% AC and 30 odd kms in the 256 kms, is 1st gear traffic. So it has got the mileage down a bit. Hoping to touch 15 kmpl in the next tank-fill.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 25th November 2011 at 23:16.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2011, 20:08   #71
BANNED

You are getting some great mileage.I hope to achieve the same someday

Can you let me know what is the reserve fuel capacity in Liva.I mean when the last block is blinking how much fuel is left?

And any update on the engine oil manufacturer would be great.
Old 27th November 2011, 08:13   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You are getting some great mileage.I hope to achieve the same someday

Can you let me know what is the reserve fuel capacity in Liva.I mean when the last block is blinking how much fuel is left?

And any update on the engine oil manufacturer would be great.
I am not too harsh on the throttle and also just get to the higher gears as soon as possible. May be this way I am able to get better mileage.

I am not too sure about the reserve Capacity in Liva because the car has not seen fuel less than half a tank. On a gut feel though the reserve would be 5 litres.

But I suggest you to refuel before the last block starts blinking. By the way do you follow tankful to tankful auto cut off method?

On the oil manufacturer, will be posting the updates shortly.
Old 27th November 2011, 08:35   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

I had been to the service center. They worked on the scratch. They have made the surface smoother and applied some wax type material. The dashboard looks better but nowhere near original. Now do I need to push them to get the dashboard changed?

Is it worth the pain to get rid of a scratch, by changing the whole dashboard.

Here we go with the picture of the right engine oil that was used. The Oil manufacturer is Savitha Lubricants from Mumbai who import, pack and distribute for Toyota.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-engine-oil.jpg

Got hold of a diesel Liva put on the ramp. The engine shield cover/guard is made of thick plastic. Have asked for the part number and the cost from the SA. I am willing to experiment to put this plastic thing under the engine. I had to rush off on some other work for the day so could not get complete details about it. And Saturdays are quite crazy at any of the service centers.

A couple of pictures of the car.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-engine-cover.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-engine-cover1.jpg
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 10:42   #74
rbp
BHPian

Prasad:- Congrats on the buy. Looks like your thread is going to become the must read thread for anyone buying the Liva. By the way who does most of the driving? You or the better half?
rbp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 11:23   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Prasad:- Congrats on the buy. Looks like your thread is going to become the must read thread for anyone buying the Liva. By the way who does most of the driving? You or the better half?
Thanks mate. You see I am made the official driver at home. So its most of the times its an order to drive to the destination. I guess you can understand the circumstances.

Anyways she is still learning, so her turn will come very soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks