Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2011, 18:54   #31
BHPian

Re: A Car Hunt ended up with Living Tmrrw 2Day – Toyota Etios Liva G – SP Vermilion R

Congrats on the Liva. I met you at the 3M outlet in HSR, was fitting sunfilm for my ultramarine blue Diesel Liva.

With the diesel variants, none of the dealers offer any accessories and if you want to buy from the dealer, it's quite pricey. So apart from the OE mats, door visor and antenna (yep, Toyota does not give antenna, only the stub to fix the antenna on the roof).

My fitting include:
  • upsize from Bridgestone OE 175/65/R14 to 185/65/R14, swapped set of 5 tyres at Sai Iyengar with free fitment and balancing for 7K plus the free Samsung Guru phone
  • ICE - Pioneer headunit, Sony amp, Infinity reference 6x9's, Pioneer TS200 Tweeter
  • 3M Sunfilm
Take care and best wishes
Old 2nd November 2011, 19:25   #32
Team-BHP Support

Re: A Car Hunt ended up with Living Tmrrw 2Day – Toyota Etios Liva G – SP Vermilion R

Congrats on the new buy!

Hope train spotting still would continue!
May be drive to more exotic track locations?
Old 2nd November 2011, 20:21   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilmonkey View Post
Nice Thread and Lovely Pictures

I will be constantly following your thread for all the updates.There are a lot of similarity between us like we both love FIAT our parents like the rear seat leg space (Liva)
Finally got a call from my Dealer saying the car has arrived in stockyard and he also gave me the VIN and Engine number.
Thanks for all the help.

Drive Safe.
First congrats in advance for your new car. Do pm me the VIN number and the Engine number, I can provide more details most probably.

Thanks mate for the good wishes. I still love to drive Fiats. But trust me, the Liva even with a EPS is quite a bit involving to drive (just get the tyres upgraded to 185 or 195 section). Toyota should plonk the 1.5 Litre engine and due to the low weight the mileage wont take a big hit either.

Me too love the rear space and my parents love it too. I indeed invited my dad to the front passenger seat and he declined and told he was very happy with the rear bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sats View Post
Congrats on the Liva. I met you at the 3M outlet in HSR, was fitting sunfilm for my ultramarine blue Diesel Liva.

With the diesel variants, none of the dealers offer any accessories and if you want to buy from the dealer, it's quite pricey. So apart from the OE mats, door visor and antenna (yep, Toyota does not give antenna, only the stub to fix the antenna on the roof).

My fitting include:
  • upsize from Bridgestone OE 175/65/R14 to 185/65/R14, swapped set of 5 tyres at Sai Iyengar with free fitment and balancing for 7K plus the free Samsung Guru phone
  • ICE - Pioneer headunit, Sony amp, Infinity reference 6x9's, Pioneer TS200 Tweeter
  • 3M Sunfilm
Take care and best wishes
I'm very glad that I met a team-bhpian. It was quite nice to have a chat. I completely agree that the accessories price is quite high at the dealer. The reverse parking sensors cost more than double the price outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Congrats on the new buy!

Hope train spotting still would continue!
May be drive to more exotic track locations?
Thanks Ampere. The train spotting will not reduce. Now a days too much time spent at work, stuck on weekends too. Need to make some time to get click happy for the ALCO, EMD and Electric monsters.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 2nd November 2011 at 20:23.
Old 3rd November 2011, 10:12   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Forgot to update on a brief drive on the NICE road.

The behaves nice even with speeds around 140 kmph. The progress up to 130 kmph is quite good and further progress is quite slow.

The road noise is acceptable up to 110 kmph and then gets quite loud beyond 110 kmph. Note, this is with the 3M under-body coating.

The car can cruise comfortably at 120 kmph. But to keep the road noise down and probably to achieve better mileage, 100 kmph and below would be suited better.

ICE can also divert the attention given to the road noise
Old 3rd November 2011, 18:25   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sats View Post
[*]ICE - Pioneer headunit, Sony amp, Infinity reference 6x9's, Pioneer TS200 Tweeter[*]3M Sunfilm
Hi Sats, can you please let us know what is the cost of these fittings? Which model Poineer HU? Howmuch for 3M Sunfilm?
I need to do these fittings for my Liva too. Thanks.
Old 3rd November 2011, 21:22   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran View Post
Hi Sats, can you please let us know what is the cost of these fittings? Which model Poineer HU? Howmuch for 3M Sunfilm?
I need to do these fittings for my Liva too. Thanks.
Is your ownership thread up and running for your Liva? Which color?

The 3M sunfilm rates for Liva in Bangalore, might vary in Chennai.

SP series - SP35 - Rs. 2,480/-
CS Series - CS35 - Rs.5,250/-
CR Series upwards of Rs. 16,000/-

No idea about the ICE though. In the data collection state.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2011, 21:37   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Is your ownership thread up and running for your Liva? Which color?
Thanks for the info nkrishnap. I have not yet created a separate thread for the Liva. I wanted to do after I am comfortable with the driving and the car (This is my first car and new to driving). Its about 55 days old and done 900 kms and Red color. Still need to do sun filming, ICE etc..
Old 3rd November 2011, 21:51   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info nkrishnap. I have not yet created a separate thread for the Liva. I wanted to do after I am comfortable with the driving and the car (This is my first car and new to driving). Its about 55 days old and done 900 kms and Red color. Still need to do sun filming, ICE etc..
Belated congrats and forgot to ask which Variant by the way.

Whats the KMPL that you are able to achieve in the car. Hows the AC in the hot Chennai Weather. What all accessories have you got on the car. Any freebies from the dealer?

I know too many questions? But your answers will be quite an insight to prospective owners.
Old 3rd November 2011, 22:01   #39
BHPian

nkrishnap, I have taken Etios Liva - G (not SP). I just done full tank (filled around 40 lit). Waiting for next full tank in a weeks time. AC is perfect. Its raining in Chennai for last 7 days. My other colleagues are comfortable with the AC. The accessories I have:
- mud flaps and mats (free from dealer) - Front Chrome ornament (around 3,500) - Red Gear knob (800) - Steering wheel cover (300) - Car cover (1000) - Fabric Seat covers (3000). Planning for some ICE and Sun filming soon.
Old 3rd November 2011, 22:53   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
nkrishnap, I have taken Etios Liva - G (not SP). I just done full tank (filled around 40 lit). Waiting for next full tank in a weeks time. AC is perfect. Its raining in Chennai for last 7 days. My other colleagues are comfortable with the AC. The accessories I have:
- mud flaps and mats (free from dealer) - Front Chrome ornament (around 3,500) - Red Gear knob (800) - Steering wheel cover (300) - Car cover (1000) - Fabric Seat covers (3000). Planning for some ICE and Sun filming soon.
  1. Does the steering wheel cover have Etios embossed on it?
  2. Red Gear knob is Rs 600 in Bangalore, Why is it 800 for u, it shouldn't be 200 bucks more.
  3. Chrome ornament - is it covering the complete grill with 3 chrome strips?
Go for the CS series of the 3M sunfilm, worth every penny. If you want darker film, then opt for CS20, but this would be difficult during dark/night to see anything from the side view mirros. CS35 is neighter too dark nor too light, does the job perfectly. If you get the underbody coating or new car paint sealant done along with the sunfilms, you would get 10% off on the paint sealant and the underbody coating. Do check with your exclusive 3M center at Chennai.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 3rd November 2011 at 22:56.
Old 4th November 2011, 12:47   #41
BHPian

Quote:
[*]Does the steering wheel cover have Etios embossed on it?
I haven't seen the logo embossed on the cover. I will check once again.

Quote:
[*]Red Gear knob is Rs 600 in Bangalore, Why is it 800 for u, it shouldn't be 200 bucks more.
I think you are correct. I do not remember exactly. I have given the approx.prices.
Quote:
[*]Chrome ornament - is it covering the complete grill with 3 chrome strips?
It is only one strip. They did not have stock of 3 chrome stips at that time.
Quote:
Do check with your exclusive 3M center at Chennai
Yes. I will remember to ask for a discount. As I have done the underbody coating, I have to do the paint treatment. Also thanks for the sunfilm advice. I am thinking for 50% VST on the sides on 75%VST for the front. I need to decide on the colour of the sunfilm (brown, black, blue, green). As the side and rear glasses are already tinted, I need to be careful while choosing sunfilm colour with out disturbing the visibility.
Old 6th November 2011, 09:26   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also thanks for the sunfilm advice. I am thinking for 50% VST on the sides on 75%VST for the front. I need to decide on the colour of the sunfilm (brown, black, blue, green). As the side and rear glasses are already tinted, I need to be careful while choosing sunfilm colour with out disturbing the visibility.
No issues mate. I'm not so sure about the 75% VLT.

Go for the CR70 for the windshield and CS50 for the sides and back. CS35 isn't too dark as well. CS50 would be lighter. By the way, with 3M I'm not sure about the colors, I think there is only one available.

Mileage Update: 14.53 kmpl with AC 100%. (out of the 305 kms, around 60 kms on highway, 40 kms in 1st and 2nd gear traffic, the rest within city).

305 kms with 20.98 litres of fuel.

Have been on a drive on the highway, lets see what I can up with. Documenting these for the benefit of everyone.
Old 6th November 2011, 21:10   #43
BANNED

I cannot PM you untill I am BHP'ian

I do think looking at the space in the engine bay that the 1.5Ltr engine can fit in it.In addition to it I think the gearbox is the same except the ratios.
One more thing can you tell me how many days it takes after signing and thumb printing the Form20 for the car to be delivered.
Old 7th November 2011, 01:42   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilmonkey View Post
I cannot PM you untill I am BHP'ian

I do think looking at the space in the engine bay that the 1.5Ltr engine can fit in it.In addition to it I think the gearbox is the same except the ratios.
One more thing can you tell me how many days it takes after signing and thumb printing the Form20 for the car to be delivered.
Even I believe the gearbox seems to be the same and definitely the gear ratios are different.

Generally, once the complete payment is made (note the dealer accounts has to realize funds from the cheque/DD or whatever) and the form 20 signed, the registration process starts. If the vehicle is sent to the RTO before the closure of Treasury hours, it would be registered the same day. Generally the dealer takes an additional day or two depending what all accessories you opt from the dealer.

What is the dealer telling you about the registration and delivery.
Old 7th November 2011, 12:26   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a drive to Anathapur, Tanked up at the BPCL next to Kamat Hotel near Chikaballpur and refueled again after reaching Bangalore at Shell petrol bunk in Ganganagar. Tank full to Tank full method with auto cut off.

Kilometers travelled - 363.8 kms.
Fuel Consumed - 17.86 litres (normal petrol)
Mileage - 20.37 kmpl with 50% AC

The speed was in the range of 90-110 kmph with light traffic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks