Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2012, 14:42   #136
BHPian

Re: Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post

But once again I went to now my ALL time favourite TCRS at Worli.
Tata Service Centers have improved a lot. In the last one 1.5 yrs my Manza is running 26000 + kilometers. It has been to the very very bad roads in JH, the himalayas, jungles and many other places in india and i am very fond of this vehicle. I have got good response from my service centers as well.
A.G.The Rambler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2012, 19:10   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G.The Rambler View Post
Tata Service Centers have improved a lot. In the last one 1.5 yrs my Manza is running 26000 + kilometers. It has been to the very very bad roads in JH, the himalayas, jungles and many other places in india and i am very fond of this vehicle. I have got good response from my service centers as well.
Thank you for your reply!

Heartening to know that the improvement is across the country and not restricted to pockets and that genuinely things are getting better.

Hope fellow Tata customers also experience the change soon.

Wow - you have really enjoyed your Manza!
It does have significant comfort and good GC & excellent FE.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2012, 19:59   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your reply!

Heartening to know that the improvement is across the country and not restricted to pockets and that genuinely things are getting better.

Wow - you have really enjoyed your Manza!
It does have significant comfort and good GC & excellent FE.

Yes, my manza has brought me back safely from many difficult drives and it does have good comfort, GC and fuel efficiency with respect to similar sedans. The engine is too good and so is the suspension. Regular checkup and maintenance does a whole lot of good to the machine. The main let downs used to be and few still are the lethargic and unprofessional people at the service centers who does not care or understand about what customer satisfaction means to the company at large which did reflect in the sales figures of Tata in-spite of few good cars being coming to the market in the last couple of years.

The main issue with Tata and M&M with respect to other companies are after sales service and attention to details are not exquisite which people at large are very aware of these days. I love Tata and M&M cars as they understand the indian roads better than anybody but they do have a long way to go !
Old 6th November 2012, 22:51   #139
BHPian

Quote:
3. Few of these upgrades can be ported into existing Manza's (ofcourse for a price) like the HUD.
But they have not committed to the 'when' & 'how much'?
Shall update it here when I get the news.

4. Also got a look around the Storme - I have seen enough written about it on this forum. Won't delve too much into.
It looks FANTASTIC. The interiors with the wood paneling, and super comfortable.
But - BIGGEST let down. - SINGLE DIN music system! No scope to even upgrade it!
For a Safari - a vehicle that is expected to travel places, with such super interiors - it is but mandatory to have atleast a decent 2 DIN HUD like the Manza.

That's it for now - more updates as & when I come across ...

Oh & 1 more thing :

the 'Home Minister' has approved of a Nano ... finally.
She too was quite impressed & surprised to see this wonderful change in service at Tata (another cynic converted).

So should be getting a Nano soon - but that is another thread.

Editing - forgot this important bit:

There is a SOFTWARE update available for the existing HUDs (Blaupunkt) which not changes the font & graphics a bit - but more importantly - the MUTE button now does PAUSE the track. Unlike earlier.
HUD is 40k when I checked Oberoi Cars, Noida a couple of days back. Too steep I feel but the graphics and touch sensors were good.

Single Din in the Storme is a serious let down. Infact I didn't like the interiors much.

For the HUD Software upgrade, do we take it to the Blaupunkt Service Center?
Old 6th November 2012, 23:40   #140
BHPian

Quote:

Manza or rather tata cars are excellent products from VFM point of view- simply unmatched. But having seen my close friend's ordeal with Manza for 18 months till the time he replaced it with another car, I vowed that there will be no Tatas for me-howsoever VFM they may be. Poor soul had everything replaced from bushes to front suspension arms , all 4 tires and what not, but the car would give jitters if moved beyond 70kmph.

But when customer experiences like yours come across, it surely means that there has been an effort to move in right direction. No product or company is perfect, however the acknowledgement of customer grievance and how it is addressed win the customer's confidence. Small steps like this will help Tatas in the long run.
Old 7th November 2012, 01:26   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G.The Rambler View Post
Yes, my manza has brought me back safely from many difficult drives and it does have good comfort, GC and fuel efficiency with respect to similar sedans. The engine is too good and so is the suspension. Regular checkup and maintenance does a whole lot of good to the machine. The main let downs used to be and few still are the lethargic and unprofessional people at the service centers who does not care or understand about what customer satisfaction means to the company at large which did reflect in the sales figures of Tata in-spite of few good cars being coming to the market in the last couple of years.

The main issue with Tata and M&M with respect to other companies are after sales service and attention to details are not exquisite which people at large are very aware of these days. I love Tata and M&M cars as they understand the indian roads better than anybody but they do have a long way to go !
Totally agree. You hit the nail on the head there. Both Tata & M&M. Perfectly put.

I look at it this way -
I am going to face some problems with either brand:
e.g. Nightmarish A.S.S. with Skoda
expensive parts with Honda
ridiculously expensive service with VW
poor network & support with Nissan & Renault

So why not give a chance to our very own Tata & M&M.
If nothing it drives our country's economy better.

& Tata's CSR (though never blowing their own trumpet) is worth applauding.

Extremely glad to have met someone who shares the same views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
HUD is 40k when I checked Oberoi Cars, Noida a couple of days back. Too steep I feel but the graphics and touch sensors were good.

Single Din in the Storme is a serious let down. Infact I didn't like the interiors much.

For the HUD Software upgrade, do we take it to the Blaupunkt Service Center?
40k! Seriously???

Woah - that puts a BIG question mark for me. No doubt the HUD was quite awesome - but 40k?! Damn!

Storme's biggest let down is it's feature list.

HUD - software upgrade - yes - Blaupunkt did it. It was not done at the T.A.S.S. - but I don't know if you are supposed to just walk into Blaupunkt or go through the Tata channel.

Frankly, from what I have heard - Blaupunkt is not very co-operative or responsible. Going through the right authority would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Manza or rather tata cars are excellent products from VFM point of view- simply unmatched. But having seen my close friend's ordeal with Manza for 18 months till the time he replaced it with another car, I vowed that there will be no Tatas for me-howsoever VFM they may be. Poor soul had everything replaced from bushes to front suspension arms , all 4 tires and what not, but the car would give jitters if moved beyond 70kmph.

But when customer experiences like yours come across, it surely means that there has been an effort to move in right direction. No product or company is perfect, however the acknowledgement of customer grievance and how it is addressed win the customer's confidence. Small steps like this will help Tatas in the long run.
I feel really bad to hear that!

To be honest, post my Indica - even we were sworn against Tata's - but my 1st ride in the Manza changed it all and we fell in there again.

But touchwood it has been a FANTASTIC journey so far.
So much so - that I just booked a Nano special edition yesterday!

And yes - definitely good, concrete steps in the right direction.
Let's just hope for the best.

Maybe your friend got that WORST piece of them all. Really sad. :(
Old 7th November 2012, 10:10   #142
Senior - BHPian

Doc how do you feel about GC when the vehicle is laden with 5 adults including the driver. My car easily touches any high speed breakers if I do not slow down to almost a stop. Plus on uneven forest roads, where a Santro easily goes through the Manza touched near the engine protection plate on a couple of rocks.

Are there any settings that you are aware of? I am planning to take it to TASS to get them checked.
Old 7th November 2012, 12:12   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Doc how do you feel about GC when the vehicle is laden with 5 adults including the driver. My car easily touches any high speed breakers if I do not slow down to almost a stop. Plus on uneven forest roads, where a Santro easily goes through the Manza touched near the engine protection plate on a couple of rocks.

Are there any settings that you are aware of? I am planning to take it to TASS to get them checked.
I have had this trouble when I was driving to Mussorrie with 5 adults + 2 kids and luggage in the boot. Had to actually come to a stand still when crossing any speedbreaker. But its normal with so much weight. As long as you are not bumping hard into anything its okay. Get your car checked for any damages.

Santro or any hatchback for that matter has different spacing of front & rear wheels as compared to a sedan(IMHO) and hatchbacks obviously have a better ground clearance. I never bumped my Indica but was surprized with Manza.
Old 7th November 2012, 12:33   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have had this trouble when I was driving to Mussorrie with 5 adults + 2 kids and luggage in the boot. Had to actually come to a stand still when crossing any speedbreaker. But its normal with so much weight. As long as you are not bumping hard into anything its okay. Get your car checked for any damages.

Santro or any hatchback for that matter has different spacing of front & rear wheels as compared to a sedan(IMHO) and hatchbacks obviously have a better ground clearance. I never bumped my Indica but was surprized with Manza.
More than ground clearance its the way the suspension is setup with Manza, for comfort, hence, they travel long when depressed. Let me check with the TASS if anything can be done as there is a Ladakh trip also coming up next year.
Old 8th November 2012, 11:38   #145
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
More than ground clearance its the way the suspension is setup with Manza, for comfort, hence, they travel long when depressed. Let me check with the TASS if anything can be done as there is a Ladakh trip also coming up next year.

To be honest - the max I have had is 4 adults & heavy luggage on long journeys. 5 such trips to be precise.
Not really faced an issue as mentioned by you.
But then to be honest - they were not forest roads. At max they were some horrible horrible tar roads with rocks.

I have had 6 adults in a short city trip with NO problems whatsoever.
Through some horrible roads. & this happened 3 times.
No issues there.

The Manza has individual suspensions - especially at the REAR - I remember a guy from the plant telling me this - which increases the comfort for the rear seat.

Probably the cause for your issues?
Or the heavy luggage in the BIG boot?
Old 8th November 2012, 12:05   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Manza has individual suspensions - especially at the REAR - I remember a guy from the plant telling me this - which increases the comfort for the rear seat.

Probably the cause for your issues?
Or the heavy luggage in the BIG boot?
Luggage was not so heavy i think somewhere around 10kgs with 5 adults totaling 323 kgs (I am the heaviest ), so if you see it is well within the load carrying capacity of the car but it was strange that the front portion is what touched couple of rocks near the engine guard, it has in fact become loose. The speed on those road must be a max of 5-8kph as it was uphill as well.

I think the GC is going quite low with 5 adults and the car touches the jack points and sometimes the engine guard. If nothing can be done then I am planning to put spacers.
Old 8th November 2012, 14:55   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick

Ladhakh trip even I want to do and want to drive. It wud be great to do in my Manza. Shall be following you closely for any learnings from your preparations and experience on return. :-)
Old 9th November 2012, 10:08   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ladhakh trip even I want to do and want to drive. It wud be great to do in my Manza. Shall be following you closely for any learnings from your preparations and experience on return. :-)
Why dont you join us from Noida, we already have one Vista VX joining from Hyderabad, it might be a all Tata Ladakh drive
Old 9th November 2012, 12:35   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Why dont you join us from Noida, we already have one Vista VX joining from Hyderabad, it might be a all Tata Ladakh drive
Not a bad idea. What are the dates we are looking at? Are families also traveling?
Old 10th November 2012, 10:46   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Luggage was not so heavy i think somewhere around 10kgs with 5 adults totaling 323 kgs (I am the heaviest ), so if you see it is well within the load carrying capacity of the car but it was strange that the front portion is what touched couple of rocks near the engine guard, it has in fact become loose. The speed on those road must be a max of 5-8kph as it was uphill as well.

I think the GC is going quite low with 5 adults and the car touches the jack points and sometimes the engine guard. If nothing can be done then I am planning to put spacers.
Steep slopes with rocks?
Nope - havent really tried that.

I had steep slopes on many occassions - amby valley, lavasa etc. But not with rocks.

I too shall keep a lookout for such a thing and if you do go ahead with the spacers - please do update us with details!

And all the best to both of you for the Ladakh trip!
Hope you have a WONDERFUL time and loads & loads of pics!

And seriously - try contacting Tata - they might follow your journey and publish it in the monthly newsletter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks