Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2012, 12:22   #121
BHPian

Re: Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !

Tata Manza Owner's Meet - by Tata Motors.

I got a call 3 days ago, inviting me for an owner's meet where executives from Tata wish to interact and hear complaints and feedback from Manza owners.

The meet is scheduled today, 21st April 2012 at Wasan Motors Workshop, Deonar.

Anyone else got a call? Anyone else coming?

I shall post the details here after I come back.
Old 21st April 2012, 20:49   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Tata Manza Owner's Meet - by Tata Motors.

I got a call 3 days ago, inviting me for an owner's meet where executives from Tata wish to interact and hear complaints and feedback from Manza owners.

The meet is scheduled today, 21st April 2012 at Wasan Motors Workshop, Deonar.

Anyone else got a call? Anyone else coming?

I shall post the details here after I come back.
Details and subsequent discussion moved to this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...za-owners.html

Aptly titled by GTO.
Old 17th June 2012, 23:26   #123
BHPian

Its exactly 7800 kms today.

I had gone 3 weeks ago to repair a broken fog lamp (left side) and also ask if they could do something as the A/c was 'lagging' a bit in the sweltering Mumbai heat.

Now, ideally all of this should have been attended to in the last SERVICE.
But the T.A.S.S. is the main culprit to blame.

Now - as my luck would have it - just as I was leaving that day, they had screwed up some electricals and my door ajar sign would just not go.
So I drove out and went back in with a u-turn.

2 hours later they still could not figure out what they had screwed up.

BUT - it was my lucky day and I had an ANGEL waiting there for me.

Mr. S. Mayuresh. He was an assistant manager at the Pune plant and had been sent to Mumbai for a 2 month stint - to BE PRESENT at T.A.S.S. and analyze and resolve problems in Manza, Indica and Indigo eCS.

I cannot praise this guy enough.
He was soft spoken, quite knowledgeable, very very helpful, earnest and very sincere.

He asked me to keep the car there for 2 days.
After 2 days - he had called in a team of engineers especially from the Pune plant.

2 days later when I got my car - it was BETTER than new.
THIS was exactly how my Manza should have been when I drove it out of the showroom.
Better late than never.

Some important problems resolved.
  • Rear seat RATTLE - constant niggling issue. Rectified permanently and changes made in future Manza production vehicles
  • Steering Vibration between 100 to 120 kmph. Wheel alignment, wheel balancing, steering rack alignment, again wheel alignment done and now it has a much more improved feel.
  • A/c perfomance improved MANIFOLD. It is now so chilling that at speed 2 I have to switch the A/c off every 5 to 7 minutes becaus it gets THAT cold.
  • Performance. My Manza has the adorable kick back. The torque is addictive. The turbo pushes you back into the seat! And the effeciency figures have improved too
  • The car was given a complete wash from inside to outside with meticulous detail
  • The Anti-Roll Bar bush was replaced
  • Few other small niggles and rattles all sorted out in DETAIL. And I am assuming permanently.

Most importantly, he was courteous at all times. And each and every bit of the service was extended COMPLIMENTARY.
I was not charged a single rupee for ANYTHING.
And, he ALSO dutifully noted each and every bit of feedback that I had to give.
From models, to engines, to features, to sales strategy to after sales!
EVERYTHING!
AMAZING!

A BIG news that he let out for me. Tata has ONLY ONE such facility all over India. It is in Mumbai. It is known as TCRS. Tata Car and Repair Service.
EVERYTHING here is automated from the time of entry punch in for your car service to your lounge updates to your exit.
They have a 95% satisfaction rate here.
Here is the address:
I am yet to go and check it out myself. Wish to go for my 3rd service there and also purchase my AMC from there.
Shall be updating accordingly.

Tata Car Repair Shop Worli|Tata Car Repair Shop Mumbai|Tata Car Repair Shop Ratings & Reviews on Sulekha

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=tat...m&z=16&iwloc=A

While few like me always believed in Tata, inspite of a few 'burnt fingers', the recent actions by Tata Motors has left us with some very very broad smiles.
I am referring in particular to the strategy of sending Tata personnel to T.A.S.S.

It is BRILLIANT!
Because - now not only is Tata listening to us (the end consumer), it is also responding lightning fast, re-building it's reputation and eliminating those middle men which have for years messed up the good work and good vision of Mr. Ratan Tata Sir.

More updates as and when ...
Dr.Suraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 00:56   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj
While few like me always believed in Tata, inspite of a few 'burnt fingers', the recent actions by Tata Motors has left us with some very very broad smiles.
I am referring in particular to the strategy of sending Tata personnel to T.A.S.S.

It is BRILLIANT!
Because - now not only is Tata listening to us (the end consumer), it is also responding lightning fast, re-building it's reputation and eliminating those middle men which have for years messed up the good work and good vision of Mr. Ratan Tata Sir.

More updates as and when ...
Congratulations on the car being serviced finally as it should have from the start. It is probably well past time that they did something like this. Despite Tata being a brand and entity I have always believed in, of late I hesitate to recommend their cars to anyone. Most people have neither the time nor energy to spend at the service centre.

Having said that, if they are making an honest effort then I couldn't be happier!
Old 18th June 2012, 16:18   #125
BHPian

Quote:
...BUT - it was my lucky day and I had an ANGEL waiting there for me.

Mr. S. Mayuresh. He was an assistant manager at the Pune plant and had been sent to Mumbai for a 2 month stint - to BE PRESENT at T.A.S.S. and analyze and resolve problems in Manza, Indica and Indigo eCS...
Thanks for sharing Suraj. Any possibility if you can find out if there is anything like this in any of the NCR dealerships.
Old 18th June 2012, 16:55   #126
Senior - BHPian

Good to see that all the problems were resolved. Glad to see that Manza is keeping you happy all the while.

Thanks a ton for sharing the info on TCRS. Will check that out soon.

Wishing you all the best with the Eleganza.

Cheers!
Old 19th June 2012, 11:35   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Congratulations on the car being serviced finally as it should have from the start. It is probably well past time that they did something like this. Despite Tata being a brand and entity I have always believed in, of late I hesitate to recommend their cars to anyone. Most people have neither the time nor energy to spend at the service centre.

Having said that, if they are making an honest effort then I couldn't be happier!
I know exactly what you mean. Trust me. Been there. Felt that.

But - it is exactly the age-old problem of T.A.S.S.
They seem to working in the right direction.

I sincerely suggest you too try writing to them once for ANY problem you have.
NOT T.A.S.S.
But Tata Motors directly.

ALL THE BEST!
Hope it turns out to be fun for you too.

P.S. They might start a forum to address such issues in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Thanks for sharing Suraj. Any possibility if you can find out if there is anything like this in any of the NCR dealerships.
Already checked. None at the moment.
I too am praying for more to come up all over soon.
To put an end to suffering for all.

I shall definitely inform you the moment I hear about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Good to see that all the problems were resolved. Glad to see that Manza is keeping you happy all the while.

Thanks a ton for sharing the info on TCRS. Will check that out soon.

Wishing you all the best with the Eleganza.

Cheers!
Thank you very much!

Indeed - its brilliant now.
Wish you loads of (s)miles with your Indica too!
Dr.Suraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 15:51   #128
BHPian

So 10,000 kms now and counting.

Just a few days shy of completing 1 year!

Right before I went in for my 3rd service - I opted for the Tata Care package.
It is an AMC package.
I opted for the Gold package for 4 years or 40,000 kms whichever is earlier from the date of purchase.
It cost me 26,081/- Rs. to be precise.

But what it does is give complete piece of mind as it includes
  • One free service every 10,000 kms - which is inclusive of everything including labour
  • AC gas replacement
  • Brake pads
  • Clutch pedal overhaul
  • And almost everything except electricals and things you bang up

I shall post the whole list soon.

But essentially it covers EVERYTHING you could want.
Bring down the overall ownership cost of the car and complete piece of mind.

For e.g. on an average the 3rd service (10,000 kms) of the Manza costs 5 to 6000 Rs (minimum)
and the 4th service (20,000 kms) costs 8 to 10k.
So on - by 40,000 kms the amount spent would definitely be MUCH more than what all is offered at 26,018/- Rs.

There are various other packages for every Tata vehicle (silver, gold & platinum) and 2yrs/20k, 3yrs/30k or 4yrs/40k whatever your requirement and accordingly the cost varies.

So 3rd service time.
No real complaints per se. No major problems.
After the last time the Tata guys from the plant attended to my car it has never complained.

I had just a few minor things on my list which would all be done in just 'service'.

BUT - the major change was - this time I did not go to the horrible Wasan Motors workshop at Deonar.
I went straight to the Tata Car Repair and Service - at Worli (off Dr. E. Moses road) - if anyone needs they address or phone numbers you can contact me.

AND what a world of change!

From the staff, to the cleanliness, reception to the welcome.
The ACTUAL smoothness and efficiency of the whole operation!
AMAZING!
The service advisor Mr. Javed Shaikh was so sincere and efficient.
I literally could not believe this kind of an experience with a Tata.
Maybe I was too used to Wasan motors.
But hat's off to Tata for this place and I suggest every Tata owner should go here for servicing and repairs.
They take UTMOST care of you and your precious vehicle.

The service was done within 3 hours as promised and everything was taken care of while I could watch my vehicle through a glass pane sitting in the comfort of an AC cabin sipping coffee.

I was charged - exactly 301 Rs. for an Air Filter that was changed and they even gave the old Air Filter back to me.
Rest - all the costs like Engine Oil, Gear Oil, Power Steering Oil, Tyre Rotation, Interior cleaning and conditioning (of the beige leather seats and dashboard too), Labour - EVERYTHING was included in the AMC and thus I just walked out with a smile and a car that felt better than new.

Because now the Manza felt like a completely different beast and NEVER have I got back such a clean car from service - even the wiper blades were changed and the rear windscreen was in pristine condition.

The next day I went to Ahmadnagar for some work - total trip of 562 kms in 1 day (coming & going) - the total average of the whole trip was 19.6 Kms/Ltr.

Actually till I reached Chembur - the average on display was 21.6 km/ Ltr.
But since it was that Monday when it had rained heavily there was a MAJOR traffic jam from Chembur to Sion which took almost an hour and the average dropped down to 19.6 when I finally parked the car at home.

The next day I fuelled him up again and calculated the average myself - it came to 19.476.

So a BIG to Tata Motors for finally taking some concrete steps in the right direction.
Hope they live up to it.
A BIG Thank you to Mr. Vikram Sinha, Mr. S. Mayuresh, Mr. Niranjan Kulkarni, Mr. Machale & Mr. Amitesh Kumar who have been patiently replying to all my queries everytime and have consistently guided me in the right direction and made my experience of owning a fantastic Tata Vehicle very very pleasant.
Please keep up the good work.

Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !-img20120903wa0000.jpg

Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !-img20120906wa0005.jpg

Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !-img20120906wa0004.jpg

Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !-img20120906wa0003.jpg

Last edited by Dr.Suraj : 14th September 2012 at 16:12.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 16:34   #129
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing your 10K service experience Dr.Suraj. I had been to the Worli workshop way back in 2004, when my central locking had failed due to Mumbai's heavy rains. They changed the complete assembly without charging me a penny. Good to see they have improved drastically now. Hope this model can be emulated by all other Tata workshops, so the usual rant of TASC's lethargic attitude & screwing up the whole servicing experience gets addressed sooner than later.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 17:59   #130
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for the 10K Milestone.

Quote:
I went straight to the Tata Car Repair and Service - at Worli (off Dr. E. Moses road) - if anyone needs they address or phone numbers you can contact me.
I was not aware of this facility being present. They should open more such facilities.

On second thoughts i think i will time my visit to Mumbai to coincide with the service schedule and do the servicing at that place. I guess i would have to book the slot in advance. Based on your feedback of their good service i think a lot of TATA owners in Mumbai would be preferring that place.
Old 15th September 2012, 01:06   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Congrats for the 10K Milestone.

I was not aware of this facility being present. They should open more such facilities.

On second thoughts i think i will time my visit to Mumbai to coincide with the service schedule and do the servicing at that place. I guess i would have to book the slot in advance. Based on your feedback of their good service i think a lot of TATA owners in Mumbai would be preferring that place.
You are disbelief is justified.

NOBODY apparently seems to know about this.
Even the dealers don't tell you it exists.

& IT IS THE ONLY ONE OF ITS KIND - in the whole country!
The only Tata run Service Centre.

I am thankful to Mr. S. Mayuresh who works at the plant in Pune who shared this extremely crucial piece of info with me when I complained about the horrible treatment of Wasan Motors.

TCRS - is where the Jaguar & Land Rover cars are serviced.
And the Tata section of the place is MIND blowingly smooth when compared to the other service centers you would have been to.

I am providing all the details and address in my next post.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2012, 01:07   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thanks for sharing your 10K service experience Dr.Suraj. I had been to the Worli workshop way back in 2004, when my central locking had failed due to Mumbai's heavy rains. They changed the complete assembly without charging me a penny. Good to see they have improved drastically now. Hope this model can be emulated by all other Tata workshops, so the usual rant of TASC's lethargic attitude & screwing up the whole servicing experience gets addressed sooner than later.
WOW!

Now that is how I know Tata Motors.

You should have spread the word buddy. I would have profusely thanked you rather than bearing the pain in the butt service at Wasan Motors.

Indeed - I hope they have MANY more of these and continue this kind of service.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 15th September 2012, 01:16   #133
BHPian

Tata Car Repair & Service Centre

Board line number:
022 - 67400400

For appointments
022 67400409 / 410

Address:
Off Dr. E. Moses Road, Worli Naka, Worli
Mumbai, MH 400018, India

(The 1st left after the Toyota Showroom, after you take the left into the narrow lane just 125 meters - on your left hand side.
You may miss the Tata board, but you WILL not miss the Jaguar & Land Rover boards)
Very close to the 4 Season's Hotel.

Link on Google Maps:

They service with a smile, all your problems are ensured to be solved and their motto is to give you back twice than what you expected.

All service advisors are good.
I was helped by Mr. Javed Shaikh.

Very efficient and as genuine as it gets

Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !-tcrs.jpg
Dr.Suraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2012, 08:24   #134
BHPian

Wow. I got my car back from the 4th service, and did not know such an option even existed. Damn ! Could have knocked off 8.5K from the AMC cost right away. AMC for 26K is definitely worth it, if it includes consumables like engine oil, fuel filter, air filter etc.

Wish there was a Tata Car & Repair Service Center in Bangalore too, though I have no complaints on my service experience.
sachinayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 19:54   #135
BHPian

Time for another update!

Once again - some minor rattles here and there, minor issues which only a fussy car lover like me would bother with perhaps -

But once again I went to now my ALL time favourite TCRS at Worli.

Gave them a LONG list on complaints : 15 to be precise.
All minor.

But - I applaud their patience and commitment that requested me to keep the car for a few days and Mr. Javed Shaikh (advisor) & Mr. Sanjay Varma (technician) under the watchful eyes of Mr. Kuljeet (Manager) worked very hard and kept me completely updated for 6 days.

When I was finally handed over my beloved Manza back - it was better than NEW!
And they had a LONGER list of things / components that they had changed and tuned to make it SILENT as ever.
The torque delivery is much more linear now.
The clutch is as light as it should be with a bounce.
The accelerator pedal just swoops in smoothly.

And all those minor 'tick-ticks' to rattles are gone - and as they promise - permanently.

It was endearing to see the work culture there, the patient hearing they gave me. Even the GM there Mr. Shreedharan spoke to me at the end to ensure that everything was done upto my satisfaction.
His little talk was very confidence inspiring. Because it was extremely heartening to see how eager and enthusiastic they were to solving out any issue any time without dismissing it off. And to keep looking for solutions till, I quote the GM, "Your car is not a pleasure to drive.".

(I don't know if this only because they have the beautiful Jaguars, the butch LRs & the sexy Ferrari's also being serviced here - but this place is a World of a Difference over other TASS workshops.)

But then that's about my dear Manza.

General updates that should interest everyone:

1. Tata Concorde centers opening up in Delhi, Pune, Banglore & Chennai. 1 more in Mumbai at Kandivali - apart from the 1 at Prabhadevi diagonally opposite to the Lamborghini showroom. (Couldn't resist mentioning that )

Which essentially means that we can all expect much better superlative services soon and not for having a Tata.

2. Got a lookie & a feel of the Manza club class - WOAH that Climate Control unit looks awesome. As do those interiors!
CLASS. Literally. Plastics that don't feel like a Tata!
Beige was always roomy, but this black is brilliant.
& finally they got back the black exterior colour (which I was literally begging for last year when I bought my Manza but they did not have it).
The touchscreen HUD is decent - feels awesome to look at everytime.
The rain sensor was an additional surprise.

What they STILL left out (Why Tata, why?)
Rear-view camera or even sensors for that matter - despite such a lovely screen
Auto-folding mirrors (the i20 has this!)
Indicators on the mirrors (the Indigo eCS has this!)

and a few more bits - like front arm rests, rear blower, glove box lamp

3. Few of these upgrades can be ported into existing Manza's (ofcourse for a price) like the HUD.
But they have not committed to the 'when' & 'how much'?
Shall update it here when I get the news.

4. Also got a look around the Storme - I have seen enough written about it on this forum. Won't delve too much into.
It looks FANTASTIC. The interiors with the wood paneling, and super comfortable.
But - BIGGEST let down. - SINGLE DIN music system! No scope to even upgrade it!
For a Safari - a vehicle that is expected to travel places, with such super interiors - it is but mandatory to have atleast a decent 2 DIN HUD like the Manza.

That's it for now - more updates as & when I come across ...

Oh & 1 more thing :

the 'Home Minister' has approved of a Nano ... finally.
She too was quite impressed & surprised to see this wonderful change in service at Tata (another cynic converted).

So should be getting a Nano soon - but that is another thread.

Editing - forgot this important bit:

There is a SOFTWARE update available for the existing HUDs (Blaupunkt) which not changes the font & graphics a bit - but more importantly - the MUTE button now does PAUSE the track. Unlike earlier.

Last edited by Dr.Suraj : 19th October 2012 at 20:07. Reason: Forgot this bit
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks