Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2012, 22:08   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
Not a bad idea. What are the dates we are looking at? Are families also traveling?
Well its tentatively around the mid of Aug but might change for a later date but it will for sure be either Aug or Sep. Yes, families are travelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
And all the best to both of you for the Ladakh trip!
Hope you have a WONDERFUL time and loads & loads of pics!

And seriously - try contacting Tata - they might follow your journey and publish it in the monthly newsletter.
Thanks, surely it will be loads of pics and high fun. I have seen this newsletter, so you have to write to them in order for your story to get published?
Old 10th November 2012, 23:23   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Well its tentatively around the mid of Aug but might change for a later date but it will for sure be either Aug or Sep. Yes, families are travelling.

Thanks, surely it will be loads of pics and high fun. I have seen this newsletter, so you have to write to them in order for your story to get published?
I don't really know.

Whether they reach out to you or vice versa.
But I assume that it would definitely be difficult for them to keep track - so a mention by us should help things along.
Old 12th November 2012, 11:01   #153
BHPian

Quote:

So the dates look fine and families traveling along will be good fun. Lets get planning!
Old 12th November 2012, 12:29   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
So the dates look fine and families traveling along will be good fun. Lets get planning!
Sure we can probably do that offline or create a facebook page, instead of hijacking Dr. Suraj thread
Old 12th November 2012, 13:42   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Sure we can probably do that offline or create a facebook page, instead of hijacking Dr. Suraj thread
sending you my facebook profile link seperately. Lets add each other as friends!
Old 10th December 2012, 17:56   #156
BHPian

My BEST FE figures till date !!!

On my way back from Ahmednagar to Mumbai on 5th December 2012.
Afternoon drive - started at 2 pm sharp - reached home at 6:20 pm.
4 hours 20 minutes for a 275 kms trip.

Fuelled up at the Company owner HP pump at Supa (40 kms from Ahmednagar and 1 km before the toll)

Reset the trip meter there. Regular diesel.

This is from Supa to the Shikrapur toll - just before entering the horrible single lane, heavy traffic laden Chakan road.

56 odd kms - 25.0 kmpl !!!

Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !-20121205_150400.jpg

Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !-20121205_150406.jpg

Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !-20121205_150415.jpg

This is AFTER that horrible stretch - with significant traffic, revving for over taking etc. and JUST as I crossed the Talegaon toll to join the Xpressway.
(Paused to take pics of the 'scoop' Chevrolet Sail Sedan - posted here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2986304 )

Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !-20121205_162125.jpg

Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !-20121205_162131.jpg

This is at the END of the Expressway and just as I joined Mumbai traffic at Panvel.

Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !-20121205_172301.jpg

This is mid-way on my way home.

Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !-20121205_180337.jpg

Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !-20121205_180510.jpg

And FINALLY

At the end of the JOURNEY of 235 kms from the HP pump at Supa to back home.

Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !-20121205_181745.jpg

Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !-20121205_181845.jpg

And the OVERALL avg. of the last 1786 kms (which is mostly city and 1 highway trip)

Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !-20121205_181802.jpg

Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !-20121205_181826.jpg

SPEED - was around 90 to 100 kmph on state highways and 120 to 130 kmph on the Expressway.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 16:55   #157
BHPian

Hi Suraj,

My best FE till date is only 17.6 even in the stretched high ways, recently i have done a long trip( which includes 20% of hill driving) of around 1700 km where in my average was only 16.5 :( , when checked with TASS ( KHT Motors ,Bangalore) they told average will be only around 17 for manza . I am surprised to see the below score .

My car details:

Manza qjet Aura ABS- Bought in Feb-12 and done 9500 Km as on date.

And do you suggest to take the AMC, I am also planning to take 4 years/40k KMS AMC for 26000 Rs but not sure whether we will be beneficial as each service might approx cost around 6000rs and for 4 years we might spend only same amount.
Old 31st December 2012, 17:36   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarer View Post
Hi Suraj,

My best FE till date is only 17.6 even in the stretched high ways, recently i have done a long trip( which includes 20% of hill driving) of around 1700 km where in my average was only 16.5 :( , when checked with TASS ( KHT Motors ,Bangalore) they told average will be only around 17 for manza . I am surprised to see the below score .

My car details:

Manza qjet Aura ABS- Bought in Feb-12 and done 9500 Km as on date.

And do you suggest to take the AMC, I am also planning to take 4 years/40k KMS AMC for 26000 Rs but not sure whether we will be beneficial as each service might approx cost around 6000rs and for 4 years we might spend only same amount.

@ Soarer.

This is ofcourse the MAX I have ever received.
Thanks to conservative driving, measured gear shifts.

But frankly on this same route (I go through at least once a month) usually the MID throws up an average of 18.5+ to 20.5 kmpl with spirited driving (140+ on the expressway) and rough over taking.

So I am not sure why your Manza gives a slightly lower figure.
Plenty of simple factors like the fuel (turbojet) to oil.
Cleaner air filter? Mine was changed recently.
Try convincing your T.A.S.S. to service it up once again with a 'low average' problem.
Or try changing the TASS.

Specifically regarding the AMC - as you would have read in my posts I purchased it for the Manza & the Nano.

Yes, the 2nd service costs 6k. The 3rd costs a little more as some more parts are changed.
By 40,000 Kms the service - actual good service costs easily 10k.

So technically - it is VFM given that it includes ALL these services + covers all the parts required.
Additionally covers labour costs.
And most importantly - I found it nice to cover things liek A/C gas leak and brake pads and other such things which are definitely NOT covered under service.

Also - you save when you happen to go BETWEEN services for any minor problems. Like a clutch setting or a indicator combo switch etc.
You don't pay any labour and most parts are covered.

So in my opinion, I think it's PEACE OF MIND and VFM.
That is why I bought it.
And that is precisely what made BMW get the edge over MB in India.
So why not make the best of it when TML is being thoughtful.
Old 2nd January 2013, 16:21   #159
BHPian

Thanks Suraj,

I agree with AMC cost, even I done some calculation and it works around cheaper to us and reg FE I will speak to TASS again during first service.

Thanks for your time.
Old 2nd January 2013, 17:02   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarer View Post
Thanks Suraj,

I agree with AMC cost, even I done some calculation and it works around cheaper to us and reg FE I will speak to TASS again during first service.

Thanks for your time.
Entirely my pleasure.

You are always welcome.

And indeed, the AMC is worth it.

The engine does feel much better and smoother post 10k kms (1st service).

I had gone armed with a LONG list of minor bits and things,
and thanks to the AMC they did not hesitate or leave any stone unturned in attending to either of them.

(All of this mentioned in my thread around pg. no. 7 I think)

So - yes do go with the 'low average' issue and see what happens after the 1st service.

It's kind of a beast of an engine ,but very refined after 10k kms.
Feels nice, has a better punch, minimal lag.

And once properly service no issues.
My Manza is around 14k kms now - it does not really do as many kms as most of the other Manzas on this forum.

So do read around some other threads as well.

All the best.

Do update the forum with your experiences and if T.A.S.S. in your area is not upto the mark - you know what to do.

Write to TATA MOTORS directly and don't deal with the stupid TASS beyond a point.
Don't strain your voice. Or let your blood boil. Just flex your fingers.
Old 23rd January 2013, 08:47   #161
BHPian

Hundekari Motors, Ahmednagar

Recently, I had a minor accident on Mumbai - Ahmednagar highway near Chakan.
The protruding end of a trailer hit my dear Manza's left outer rear view mirror - which broke off and smashed into the front left window glass - shattering it into a million pieces and flooded my entire car with tiny bits of glass.
It was a 2 inch judgement error - partly my fault - too used to driving the Nano around now, failed judgement with the biiig Manza.

I was headed to Ahmednagar for my wife's MD final exam vivas and this was a major setback.
I still made it to Ahmednagar without a mirror and a window because I had to make the deadline - where I walked into Hundekari Motors (after confirming with TCRS Mumbai that they are an authorized Tata Motors service outlet).

I am delighted, amazed, surprised and very very happy at the response and service I received there.
Special mention to Mr. Tanvir Baig.
For someone travelling from out of town, unknown place, with such an accident - they were like angels.

Within 2 hours - they had an original tinted toughened glass back in place as also my Left ORVM with electrical movements AND ditto matching Tyrian Wine paintjob!
Fabulous!
Same standard Tata rates as applicable, official billing, excellent service, lot of warmth, full focus on the customer, complete transparency and all with a SMILE! Each and everyone of them.

WONDERFUL!

THIS is precisely the kind of T.A.S.S. that should be prevalent throughout the country.

My faith, respect and love for Tata Motors has increased manifold!
Salute to them

I sincerely hope they maintain this standard.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 10:53   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post

Within 2 hours - they had an original tinted toughened glass back in place as also my Left ORVM with electrical movements AND ditto matching Tyrian Wine paintjob!
Fabulous!
Thank you Suraj - glad to hear about your good experiences. Could you please share the prices for above items?
Old 23rd January 2013, 16:03   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Thank you Suraj - glad to hear about your good experiences. Could you please share the prices for above items?

Surely,

Why just prices, I will go 1 step ahead and upload pics too

Price:

Left front window glass - tinted and toughened - 800 odd Rs. + Labour 300 Rs.

Left Outer Rear View Mirror - with electronically adjustable mirror - 1247 Rs. for the mirror and another 300 odd Rs. for the exact matching company specified paint.

So my total bill including all taxes + vat was exactly 3018 Rs.

Will try and upload a scan of that bill as well.

Till then...

BEFORE

Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !-20130104_125744.jpg

AFTER

Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !-img20130104wa0022.jpg
Dr.Suraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 16:51   #164
BHPian

Mere do anmol Ratan ... Thank you Tata.

Salute to Mr. Ratan Tata sir.

Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !-tata-concorde-1-2-copy.jpg
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 03:26   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Congrats Surajji. Manza looks elegant and wonderful.
Got a real deal for my B-i-L , 2011 Manza, done 6677kms for 5.95 and it was brand new..
Even am getting a very attractive deal. I have zeroed in on a nov 2011 top end Manza Elan with 17000 on the odo. comprehensive insurance till oct 2013. Delhi number, the owner is selling since he has relocated due to work in Kolkata ..But am just a li'l apprehensive about resale of TATA and if at all there r any hidden issues with the vehicle. I am being asked 5.75 for it...Still thinking whether to go ahead or not !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks