Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2011, 21:06   #31
BHPian

re: My BlueBerry! VW Vento TDi HighLine. EDIT: 2 Years Update & Audio Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
So the blue Vento clan is growing! Glad to see this - this color deserves more numbers on the road. And if the blue color is discontinued, that's going to be a stupid decision by VW (probably a financial decision).

One word of advice - get on to ebay & order the Jopasu duster asap. It's a godsend gift for this color
Thank you so much ninjatalli. Yes, even I am not able to understand the whole reason for less blue coloured ventos on road. But if you ask me I am not complaining as it definately means some exclusivity.

Thanks for the advice, I am going to get this soon as I am quite worried on the maintenance part of this colour. Was very impressed and motivated by your thread. Thanks for that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congrats on the best C segment diesel sedan there is! It's got the best engine there is, and no real deal breaker otherwise (unlike all competitors).

That metallic blue looks absolutely stunning on your car. I've always wondered (and posted) on why manufacturers refrain from offering the interesting metallic blues, greens, maroons etc. in the Indian market. Great to see a colour that's different from the regular grade.

Drive safe. Your family & friends look as excited as you are...the pictures remind me of some airport welcomes I've had
Thank you very much GTO for your wishes. I agree that this car's engine would keep most enthusiasts happy. I did find this car as the most rounded package and my heart was always fixed on this one, thanks to your detailed review.

I must say that the Team-BHP reviews are the most detailed and comprehensive and I have heard this from some non-member friends too.

Yup!! Everybody was excited and happy as I was thinking for a new car for a long time and I have eaten most these people's head by continously discussing about it.

Thanks for the wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Congratulations on buying the segment-best diesel sedan in the lovely blue color! Is that RCD310 HU now standard on the highline? I thought the Vento had the same unit as the Polo! And does it have USB/Aux/iPod connectivity too?
I think I missed the news of this new Vento with feature upgrades. What other additional features?
Thanks theragingbull. Yes, its the RCD310 HU. Its standard on Vento TDi Highline model and its not available in Polo or the Petrol Highline. It has USB, no Aux and no iPod compatibility. But the good thing is that the iPod will get charged from the USB socket. Other new features are steering mounted Audio Controls, Rear Parking sensor with Monochromatic display in the stereo, the leather wrapped steering wheel is back but the interior surveilance system has been removed.
Old 2nd November 2011, 23:42   #32
BHPian

So because of Diwali, the guy who cleans my car is on vacation for 2 weeks. Today I did the honours myself and I love cleaning my cars so it was a good start of the day.

Some Pics:
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0835.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0839.jpg

Interior. Although I am not fond of these polythene covers. Removed them the first day when we bought our Indica but this time I am making an exception just to have that new car feeling for longer
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0837.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0838.jpg

Mats (Carpet ones I took complimentary, the transparent ones I bought)
I wanted to go for 3D kagu ones but when they were ready to give 1 layer free then I thought why waste money and bought only the 2nd layer of transparent ones
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0836.jpg

Nice attention to detail. There is clamp kind of on Fuel lid so that it can be placed like this on the outside lid preventing it from touching the body and scratching the paint. I was not aware of it. Saw the Pump guy doing it and was mighty impressed.
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0840.jpg

Went for some shopping for the car:
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0842.jpg

Does anyone know what sort of Tyre Polish these service center guys use. Want to get some of that to complete the kit.
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:29   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post

Does anyone know what sort of Tyre Polish these service center guys use. Want to get some of that to complete the kit.
Tire polish is available at most accessory shops. The one used by service centers is super cheap stuff i do not recommend. Also, i always ask the SA not to apply any kind of polish to the interiors, last time i forgot it and i had to clean the oily stuff off the dashboard

Formula 1 wax works great, interior polish is good too but i do not like this wash and wax.
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:37   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Tire polish is available at most accessory shops. The one used by service centers is super cheap stuff i do not recommend. Also, i always ask the SA not to apply any kind of polish to the interiors, last time i forgot it and i had to clean the oily stuff off the dashboard

Formula 1 wax works great, interior polish is good too but i do not like this wash and wax.

Hi Anshuman,

Thanks for the advice.
I only have prior experience with Formula1 wax, and I have had a very good experience with it.
The interior polish and this Wash & Wax thing is new for me. I am not going to use it very often as I dont have the proper infrastucture to wash the car. Lets see how it turns out.
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:12   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice cleaning equipment.
I do the cleaning myself - have been training myself to get up an hour early to give atleast 20 mins to the car on a daily basis. It is a very satisfying activity - especially on the days when I give it a complete wash with shampoo & cleaning.

Just how frequently do you do the waxing? Every day morning I get this fine layer of dust on my car - so I haven't yet invested in the waxing accessories.
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:30   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra
The complete gathering
Nice picture there Rachit.K.Dogra. The car seems to have made everyone so happy. It would make a great marketing snap for VW India.

And congrats on your Vento HL. The blue looks very good indeed.
Old 3rd November 2011, 14:52   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Nice cleaning equipment.
I do the cleaning myself - have been training myself to get up an hour early to give atleast 20 mins to the car on a daily basis. It is a very satisfying activity - especially on the days when I give it a complete wash with shampoo & cleaning.

Just how frequently do you do the waxing? Every day morning I get this fine layer of dust on my car - so I haven't yet invested in the waxing accessories.
Thanks ninjatalli. Wow!! You clean your car yourself everyday? I am really happy to see that. Well mostly the caretaker of our house (Landlord's house) cleans my car everyday. I occasionaly used to clean and wax it. For Indica I used to get it washed and then wax it myself atleast once a month. As far as my Experience goes Waxing once a month is sufficient. This baby I have waxed only once till now.

One thing that I have observed (I might be wrong here), Once you start using wax, cleaning this dust layer with just a wet cloth becomes impossible. It somehow sticks to the surface probably because of wax. You will have to apply water to clean the car. People with more experience/knowledge can throw some more light on this.

But I recommend waxing for sure because in my earlier cars the paint definately remained in a much better condition even after 6-7 years because of waxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Nice picture there Rachit.K.Dogra. The car seems to have made everyone so happy. It would make a great marketing snap for VW India.

And congrats on your Vento HL. The blue looks very good indeed.
Thank you deetjohn very much!! I guess by me buying this car, I have done some decent marketing for VW, atleast in Family & Friends.
Old 14th November 2011, 23:47   #38
BHPian

I must say I absolutely love the Vento in this colour. I've only seen one on the road and it was like those ads where the model stands out in the crowd. Simply beautiful choice! I used to strongly believe that only the beemer could carry this colour with such oomph. But VW proved me wrong!

Congrats!
Old 15th November 2011, 23:18   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
I must say I absolutely love the Vento in this colour. I've only seen one on the road and it was like those ads where the model stands out in the crowd. Simply beautiful choice! I used to strongly believe that only the beemer could carry this colour with such oomph. But VW proved me wrong!

Congrats!
Hi Tassem. Thanks for your wishes.. Under certain light conditions this color looks amazing.

A small Update:
Because of some marriage in the family, I had to go Palampur again and since I had to get the car registered in Chandigarh also, we took the car to Palampur again.

The car performed flawlessly and surprisingly did the whole trip in 1 full tank.
Distance 1110 Kms
Fuel Consumed = 58 Ltrs
Cost = 2400 Rs

This time I was more comfortable with the car and could manage higher average speeds. This car is a breeze on highways. The power and Torque available in 4 & 5 gears just makes driving this car on the highway so effortless. In the hills also in some stages I tried to maintain higher speeds and for me after my Indica this car is revelation.

So on Monday I had taken a leave and planned to get the car registered. After the process was done I had some spare time and went to get the seat covers done. I wanted the tight fittings for the seat covers and I dont know but I still prefer Chandigarh to get such work done on the car.

The guy told me It would take 6 hours to fit the seat covers, I didnt have that much time. I asked him to manage it in 4. I also thought to utilize this time even more and get the sun filming done. Because of all the hype around 3M, I wanted to try those. So after some discussion decided for RE35 for back and sides. Didnt think of getting the front one's initially but then thought lets get everything done since I had some spare time and car was pretty much dismantled from inside so decided for RE70 for the front.

Overall the seat covers came out really well. Not very impressed with the Sun Filming work as during application I guess they have put some scratches in the Windshield one. Lets hope its not much of a bother but the sun films looks very nice. Cant comment on effectiveness as its winters right now.

While I was at it, I got a leather finish steering wheel as my hands were sweating a lot on the Factory Fitted Leather ones.

Some Pics:
On the way to Palampur
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0857.jpg

The Sun Filming Work
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0872.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0873.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0874.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0876.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0883.jpg
The Seat Cover Work. These are my wife's choice. Although when we were selecting I didnt like them much but went with her decision. Luckily the end result was very pleasing and they are dark in color hence hopefully will require less maintenance. It took them 6 hours because I did not like the Flap type setting for the rear Arm Rest. They had to make some modifications to Fit the Rear Arm rest like the Factory thing and it took some time.
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0880.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0887.jpg
Not fan of these Cushions, but wifey liked these so took them as complimentary.
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0888.jpg
The Steering Cover
I did not wanted the steering to get bulky because Vento already has a Leather Cover. But the guy did a brilliant job of fitting these. It took hime almost 2 hours to fit this. Almost OEM Finish except for the area where there is that Chrome Insert in the steering.
Never Mind still a good job and most of all my hands are not sweating that much.
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0882.jpg

And today Finally Put the Team-Bhp stickers also on the Car.
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0884.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0886.jpg

Total Damages:
Seat Cover: 6500
RE35: 5500
RE70: 3500
Steering Cover: 1000
Total: 16500
Paid 16000 plus took cushions and 1 tyre shiner bottle free total worth 650.
Old 16th November 2011, 00:08   #40
Senior - BHPian

Rachit, first of all congrats on your new Vento TDi. The interiors are done quite well. The seat covers look good. The only thing that isn't looking good is the steering cover, its just not jelling with the car.
Nice placement of T-Bhp sticker on the front windshield, but the LTD sticker would hamper the rearward view.
The two colors that look the best on Vento are the Shawdow Blue and the Pearl Black.
Old 16th November 2011, 01:02   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Rachit, first of all congrats on your new Vento TDi. The interiors are done quite well. The seat covers look good. The only thing that isn't looking good is the steering cover, its just not jelling with the car.
Nice placement of T-Bhp sticker on the front windshield, but the LTD sticker would hamper the rearward view.
The two colors that look the best on Vento are the Shawdow Blue and the Pearl Black.
Thanks el lobo 6061..
I agree for the steering wheel cover. The main reason to get it was that my hands were sweating a lot and the steering would get damp and sticky all the time. That was a distraction as I had to constantly dry my hand and wipe the steering wheel. I really loved the finish of the original but got these only because of this problem. Plus I thought excessive sweating might just ruin the original. I will try these for sometime and see how things work.

For the rear visibility, actually I think you are right. But somehow didnt notice any issue today, probably becuase rear visibilty in Vento is not that great or the angle at which I have set my mirror focuses on the upper part of rear glass. Will try to observe tomorrow. Thanks for the excellent observation.
Old 16th November 2011, 01:02   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Thanks el lobo 6061..
I agree for the steering wheel cover. The main reason to get it was that my hands were sweating a lot and the steering would get damp and sticky all the time. That was a distraction as I had to constantly dry my hand and wipe the steering wheel. I really loved the finish of the original but got these only because of this problem. Plus I thought excessive sweating might just ruin the original. I will try these for sometime and see how things work.

For the rear visibility, actually I think you are right. But somehow didnt notice any issue today, probably becuase rear visibilty in Vento is not that great or the angle at which I have set my mirror focuses on the upper part of rear glass. Will try to observe tomorrow. Thanks for the excellent observation.
Old 16th November 2011, 10:25   #43
BHPian

While coming back from Chd, my Fuel gauge was showing 1/4 tank left of fuel. I really wanted to see if we can make it to Gurgaon in that fuel. Till Murthal my Distance to Empty had gone to 0 and fuel meter also did not show any bar. I did some calculation and I thought there should be some more fuel left so lets see if I can make to Gurgaon. Although I knew it was a big risk considering it was middle of the night on the highway but still took it. 5 Kms before Karnal Bypass there was a huge traffic jam(around 4 kms of jam becuase of some stupid Speed Breakers that they have put on the NH1 ). Then my tension started growing. To make things worse somehow the idling of the car also went slightly higher. I was really tense as to what I would do in the middle of traffic jam that too at 12o' clock in the night. Somehow I managed to get out of it. When I reached Karnal Bypass I started to look for a good Petrol Pump. I saw a couple of them but some were closed and some I didnt like. Finally reached Dhaula Kuan and got the car filled back to brim. I think I would have made it to Gurgaon but didnt wanted to ruin otherwise a good day.

Total Fuel that went into the car: 58 Liters
When I had taken the delivery of the car, 60 Ltrs went in and actually I took this risk only because of that calculation.
Distance travelled: 1110 Kms
Distance travelled after Distance to Empty went 0, and there was no bar in the fuel meter: around 40Kms

I would not recommend this, but I guess the calculation of Distance to Empty keeps some buffer.
Old 16th November 2011, 13:18   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Rachit, excellent choice of seat covers by your wife - till date I was hesitant on putting dark colors for my Vento, but they seem to come out really well. Guess the ladies do know the best in these matters

Got to agree with Rohan, the rear sticker might be an issue, but we have the sensors & the crude video (rear) display, so I guess it won't be much of a problem.
Old 16th November 2011, 14:56   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Rachit, excellent choice of seat covers by your wife - till date I was hesitant on putting dark colors for my Vento, but they seem to come out really well. Guess the ladies do know the best in these matters

Got to agree with Rohan, the rear sticker might be an issue, but we have the sensors & the crude video (rear) display, so I guess it won't be much of a problem.
Thanks ninjatalli. Actually the dark color matches exactly with the dashboard and door trims hence completely gels with the interior. I guess Women do know a thing or two about matching colors.

Actually today I tried to notice and found that it is not much of an issue. There is still significant amount of glass area left so nothing gets hidden Thankfully as I didnt wanted to screw the sticker.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks