Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2012, 20:23   #121
BHPian

re: My BlueBerry! VW Vento TDi HighLine. EDIT: 2 Years Update & Audio Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Awesome looking job sir! Very nice.

About wd40, apply in the door frame (where you have velvet finish door lining.

Also, the door noise reduces significantly when the doors are aligned. The lock on the doors can be easily aligned at the device center. Let me know if you need more info.
Hey thanks for the suggestions man. I actually am planning to pay the service center a visit to get the doors aligned. I have to go to Himachal next week again for Diwali. After coming back I will take the car for door alignment. I applied the WD40 on door hinges and locks. Didnt apply on the lining. Will try doing that.

Any suggestions for keeping Alloys clean. I noticed in your pictures that your alloys looks absolutely like new. Any specific product you use to clean them. Mine have some black spots which dont go with regular washing. I got them cleaned once by Diesel but many have recomended not to do it again as Diesel is not supposed to be good for the clear coat.

Thanks

CHEERS!!

Last edited by Rachit.K.Dogra : 5th November 2012 at 20:28.
Old 3rd December 2012, 20:06   #122
BHPian

A small update:
After applying the WD40 oil spray to the door hinges and the locks plus cleaning the Rubber lining regularly with a damp cloth has somehow made all the squeaks from the doors go away. Most of the time now the car is silent like it was new and I am really glad, not sure though how long it is going to stay like this.
Old 4th December 2012, 12:13   #123

Pretty nice update Rachit. The car looks good. I normally clay the car using the Mothers Clay bar System to remove the swirls. I am successful to some extent. I might go for the Meguiars Ultimate Compound and Collinite 845.

I am facing the same issue of door sqeeaks and has become really irritating. Where did you purchase the WD40 from?
Old 11th December 2012, 16:25   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABerry View Post
Pretty nice update Rachit. The car looks good. I normally clay the car using the Mothers Clay bar System to remove the swirls. I am successful to some extent. I might go for the Meguiars Ultimate Compound and Collinite 845.

I am facing the same issue of door sqeeaks and has become really irritating. Where did you purchase the WD40 from?
Thank you so much Aberry and I really apologise for replying late. I got the WD40 from Chandni Chowk. I had gone there for some work and stumbled upon a shop where I found the WD40 oil spray.
Here are the details of the shop:
Awal Mills Store
331, Hauz Qazi
Delhi, 110006.
23239221, 23235547, 9810320550.

After reading all the nice detailed DETAILING processes on T-BHP even I am considering claying seriously. I need to read some more on claying before getting into it. Please post your review of the Meguiars Ultimate Compound whenever you use it.
Old 19th January 2013, 07:46   #125
BHPian

I saw you and blueberry yesterday at the golf road round about. You were taking a u turn! I was in the auto

Looked superb! And what a coincidence
Old 21st January 2013, 12:40   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
@Mods: Can you please rename the thread too:
My BlueBerry!! Vento TDi HighLine... (1st Service Update)

where did you go for your servicing? feedback? any recommended SA there?

let me know.
Old 21st January 2013, 13:16   #127
BHPian

Quote:
I saw you and blueberry yesterday at the golf road round about. You were taking a u turn! I was in the auto

Looked superb! And what a coincidence
Thank you very much newtonMeter. My apologise for noticing this post late..

Quote:
where did you go for your servicing? feedback? any recommended SA there?

let me know.
You have moved to Gurgaon? I went to the VW Gurgaon Service Center (Frontier Autoworld). The SA that handled my car a couple of times is Koushik Das 8750792020). A decent guy. Although my recomendation would be to not go with very high expectations then only there is chance that you might come out satisfied.

As for the feedback of the service center, there are a couple of supervisors that seemed good and if you are polite they might just be able to hear you better. Otherwise nothing extraordinary I would say. Just keep you expectations low. Let me know in case you need any other help.

Regards
Rachit
Old 21st January 2013, 14:02   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much newtonMeter. My apologise for noticing this post late..

You have moved to Gurgaon? I went to the VW Gurgaon Service Center (Frontier Autoworld). The SA that handled my car a couple of times is Koushik Das 8750792020). A decent guy. Although my recomendation would be to not go with very high expectations then only there is chance that you might come out satisfied.

As for the feedback of the service center, there are a couple of supervisors that seemed good and if you are polite they might just be able to hear you better. Otherwise nothing extraordinary I would say. Just keep you expectations low. Let me know in case you need any other help.

Regards
Rachit
No problem Rachit. Yes I have moved to Gurgoan now (job switch). What would you recommend? Servicing here or in Chandigarh? (as i will be travelling frequently to CHD)

Let me know!

Lets catch up sometime!
Old 21st January 2013, 14:58   #129
BHPian

Quote:
No problem Rachit. Yes I have moved to Gurgoan now (job switch). What would you recommend? Servicing here or in Chandigarh? (as i will be travelling frequently to CHD)

Let me know!

Lets catch up sometime!
I have been to the Chd service station as well. Though in terms of services available (Nitrogen filling etc etc ) and equipment I found the Chd service station better. Their car washing was also better and I think they might be slightly cheaper as well. But I think in terms of mechanic expertise gurgaon service center is better. Just my experience. I would recommend the gurgaon service center. I wouldnt mind accompanying you to the service center when you plan to drop your car their as I have kind of built a rappo with a couple of SAs.

Yes absolutely we have to meet. I have to take a lot of lessons from you for car detailing.

By the way here is the gurgaon meets thread. We generally meet once a month on Friday evenings. Would be nice to have you there.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...thread-58.html
Old 25th February 2013, 18:39   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Some Pics after Sun Film Removal. I was so used to seeing the car with those nice 3M RE series sunfilms that now it looks bland!!
Attachment 938286

Attachment 938287
Bro,

where did you get your sunfilm removed in gurgaon?

i need to do that asap - Gurgaon cops are prying all over me:(.
Old 26th February 2013, 12:10   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Bro,

where did you get your sunfilm removed in gurgaon?

i need to do that asap - Gurgaon cops are prying all over me:(.
Hi Brother,

I did it myself. Which Sunfilm do you have. 3M do not create a lot of problem when being removed. 3 windows in my car didnt have even a single spot after sunfilm removal. The driver side window had some black residue stuck. I cleaned it with Petrol. And yes, you can avoid removing the Rear Windscreen one as it gets hardly noticed plus you can keep from risking the Defogger.

If in case you want to get it done from outside, I know a place. I get polishing done on my car from there. The location is:
If you are coming from Delhi from MG Road, around 100 meters before Guru Dronacharya Metro Station there is a big Indian Oil Petrol Pump. There is a shop on that pump, I think its name is Gear Head or something. They genarally do Polishing and Interior cleaning stuff. I saw them removing the sunfilms also for some cars.

Let me know in case you need any more help.

CHEERS
Rachit
Old 26th February 2013, 22:40   #132
BHPian

Thank you. I have the 3M crystalline series. What are the steps to remove the same? Did you also removed the quarter glass film on the c pillar?
Old 25th June 2013, 13:42   #133
BHPian

@Mods: Kindly change the name of the thread to:
My BlueBerry!! Vento TDi HighLine EDIT: Second Service Update pg.9

So the car had clocked 29400 Kms and next weekend I have a trip planned to my hometown in Himachal, so thought of giving the car for servicing.

Now my past experinces for Wheel Balancing and Alignment has not been very good with the Service Center so this time I decided to get it done from outside. I had noticed a very big Bridgestone Dealer shop in Sikanderpur. The name of the shop I guess is Bridgestone Select. I decided to give them a try. As soon as I reached there and saw the facility immediately decided in their favour. Huge, Neat and clean facility. Machines looked new and more modern. Got the wheels balanced, and alignment done. They had nitrogen as well so got that filled as well. Overall I will really recomend this place. Nice bunch of people, very good machines and a big underground facility so you dont have to stand in the sun.

Damages:
Alignment: 250
Balancing: 110 per tyre including weights (440)
Nitrogen: 120 for all tyre. (50 for Refilling all)

I took the car for a longish drive after that and felt the balancing and alignment was spot on. I had got the nitrogen filled at the same pressures as I used for the normal air but felt the ride to harsher with nitrogen (32 Front, 30 Rear). Neverthless still though of trying it for a couple of days. Can anybody comment on this? I felt the ride to ne harsher and today I got the pressure reduced by 1 PSi all throughout. So now 31 Front, 29 Rear. Most of the times it is me alone, or my wife accompanying me in the car. Now the ride feels better.

Does nitrogen needs less pressure than normal Air??

Next day the servicing:
I had an appointment at 10:30 on Monday. Specifically chose a weekday because I didnt want the SC to be crowded. Reached there at 9:30. Thankfully they took my car. But this time the scene at the workstation was different. During my last visits I had an ok experience with the workstation and most of that I would attribute to the very less workload at their shop so they could devote some attention to me. This time at 9:30 in the morning, there was already no place to stand forget about cars. I asked why this rush on a weekday and they mentioned backlog of the weekend. No servicing bay was empty. I dont think they even started work on my car before 12 and my car was one of the first for that day. Forget my car I dont think even a single technician started working on cars before 12 and then at 1 it was lunch time. Perfect.

Anyways, during my earlier visits to them and my polite nature i had developed some friendships with the guards, the washing team and stuff. Tried to pass time. The service advisor came to me to tell that my car was eligible for that Free steering wiring taping thing and change of seat frames. He said if I opt to get the frame changed today, he wouldnt be able to give me the car that day. Looking the condition of cars in the workstation that stay their for the night I would not leave my car at any and I mean at any condition in this shop for the night. I simply declined. I simply told him I dont intend to get it done from them in the future as well. I absolutely know they would ruin the finish of my seat covers. Plus the damage these guys do to your interiors in just the servicing, I cant even imagine what they will do while changing the seat frames. I am sorry I am fine with the rusted ones, but I am not getting it done from you guys.

After the lunch break the work resumed, they opened the steering and taped and stuff and during this time they absolutely destroyed my beige carpet. 2 year of effort in keeping them clean and it all goes for a toss. Nevermind I controlled myself. The pace at which the work was happenning was so leisurly that I felt the technician was unscrewing one nut at a time and then going for a 15 mins walk. The workshop was in shambles. Absolutely no management what so ever. Those huge boxes with those new seat frames had taken a lot of space and older seat frames were just lying everywhere.

In terms of issues reported, I had asked them to check the breaks and some noices from doors. They said they will clean the brakes. How did they clean breaks, by a spray of some chemical. Thats it. How do they readjust doors? By a spray. It was already 4 Pm. I was loosing it. So I just asked them for the washing. Although my original intention was not to get washing done from them but then the looking at the torture the car had gone through thought of getting it cleaned. While driving the car here and there one of the advisors touched my car and I saw it. He was lucky that the resultant scratch at the rear bumper was very minute and not very visible otherwise I would have just simply killed him. The way he was handling customer cars was horrible. When I asked him his casual response was sometimes it happens but then he saw the fire in my eyes and he became conscious. I told him to be careful. I controlled my self again. I got free by 5:30 PM. During this entire 8 hours in the center I dont think anybody was working on my car for more than 3 hours. So basically 5 hours car was just standing there most of the time with wondow open so that all the dust of gurgaon can actually make a home inside my car.

One more surprise. I was always told not to wash the engine. This time they themselves were washing the engine bay. I did not object and was honestly thankful. In 2 years I honestly believe considering our conditions that engine deserves atleast one wash.

Impressions:
1) As expected car feels more peppier. Breathes freely now. Pulls very cleanly.
2) The door noises are still there. So apparently their german piece of crap didnt do what it was supposed to do. No problems I now have experience in getting these noises to a minimum.
3) They said brake pads are fine although I had felt less braking in the car. They mentioned whenever it happens try to brake with force for the presure in brake bosters. I can accept this argument as I hardly brake with force. With my driving style most of the times it is very light braking that I need. During the test run they did brake heavily to show me everything was fine and I agreed to them.
4) Overall except for some occasional noises from the doors, the car stills feels new and I would like to acknowledge that the car is put together pretty well.
5) Somehow steering feels lighter. Might be Nitroger?
6) Gears are even better. Clutch is still hard.

Overall damages:
9900. This was the only positive in the entire day.
My first servicing had costed me 11000. I got the wheel balancing and alignment done from these guys and they had done a royal muck of a job then.

Overall I very dissatisfactory day. They told me one more service center is opening by next month. That might reduce the workloads here. But now I am really scared to take my car to this service center. And this time I am going to give them an honest feedback if I receive a call from VW.

I am attaching the bill for the referrence. Sorry for the crappy quality of the pic.
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_1907.jpg

Some latest pictures of the car:
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0320_1.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0322_1.jpg
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 14:42   #134
BHPian

Quote:
@Mods: Kindly change the name of the thread to:
My BlueBerry!! Vento TDi HighLine EDIT: Second Service Update pg.9

So the car had clocked 29400 Kms and next weekend I have a trip planned to my hometown in Himachal, so thought of giving the car for servicing.

Now my past experinces for Wheel Balancing and Alignment has not been very good with the Service Center so this time I decided to get it done from outside. I had noticed a very big Bridgestone Dealer shop in Sikanderpur. The name of the shop I guess is Bridgestone Select. I decided to give them a try. As soon as I reached there and saw the facility immediately decided in their favour. Huge, Neat and clean facility. Machines looked new and more modern. Got the wheels balanced, and alignment done. They had nitrogen as well so got that filled as well. Overall I will really recomend this place. Nice bunch of people, very good machines and a big underground facility so you dont have to stand in the sun.

Damages:
Alignment: 250
Balancing: 110 per tyre including weights (440)
Nitrogen: 120 for all tyre. (50 for Refilling all)
Congratulations Rachit on reaching this milestone.

2 Questions:

1. where exactly in this Bridgestone station - is it near sikanderpur Metro?

2. DId u go to frontier for servicing?
Old 25th June 2013, 23:04   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Rachit on reaching this milestone.

2 Questions:

1. where exactly in this Bridgestone station - is it near sikanderpur Metro?

2. DId u go to frontier for servicing?
Thanks newtonMeter.

1) The bridgestone station is on the left hand side when you are coming from Guru Dronacharya metro station side. About 200 mtrs ahead on the same road. Dont go inside Sikanderpur market road. Just continue on MG Road from dronacharya station towards iffco chowk. Left hand side Big Board Bridgestone Select I think. Opposite to the place where there are some used tyre selling shops.

2) Yup, I think that is the only VW service center in Gurgaon? They mentioned they are opening a new one in Sector 18 next month.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks