Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2011, 23:36   #61
BHPian

re: My BlueBerry! VW Vento TDi HighLine. EDIT: 2 Years Update & Audio Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Yup, that's the issue with me too.
I first started hearing it when I went over bad roads, but it disappeared once I shifted to better roads. But later on the squeaks started coming even when when I go over speed bumps or minor humps on the roads. Showed it once to the SA when I gave the car for a general checkup (Unfortunately I couldn't replicate the sound when we did a short drive then), but it didn't make any difference, as the squeaks didn't go away even after the checkup.

Doubt that's the case, as mine started coming up long back, and the winter's set in only recently.

Lets see if anything comes up in your checkup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Hi Rachit ,
As you would have read in my posts replacing the bead didn't help at all so wait before you ask for a change of beads . I will let you know if I manage to find a solution , you too please sound me out if manage to sort it out .

Hope the screech while you roll up your window is gone

So Finally the solution to the squeaking noise from the door beadings has been found. To be honest its too simple to actually believe it..

I had gone again to the service center again to get this noise fixed. They again sprayed some lubricant on the door locks but nothing worked. Finally one of Supervisors suggested to clean the door beadings by simple damp cloth. But he told the cleaner to do it religiously. The result, it worked. The noise did not go completely but it was a lot less. After one more cleaning session the noise has subsided greatly. He told me that folks from VW have told them to clean the Door Beadings with simple cotton cloth and plain water and nothing else. As soon as you clean with the damp cloth immediately rub with dry cloth.

The result is noticeable and the noise has reduced now substantially. He also said that winters is also one of the reasons for this noise.

So guys who are facing this problem can even try this at home also. Just rub the beadings with damp cloth and immediately rub with dry cloth. Spend some time doing it. It might solve the problem for you guys too.

Overall again a satisfactory experience at the Service Station.
They have even started recognizing me now.

CHEERS!!
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 00:16   #62
BHPian

That's great to hear and too simple to believe rachit! What a pleasant surprise! So, finally a traditional cleaning worked other than some 'Adjustments' to the doors!

Apart from these squeaks, there were no rattles or creeks right?
Old 7th December 2011, 15:30   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
That's great to hear and too simple to believe rachit! What a pleasant surprise! So, finally a traditional cleaning worked other than some 'Adjustments' to the doors!

Apart from these squeaks, there were no rattles or creeks right?
Actually yes, too simple to believe. Apart from this noise there is no rattling or creeks. But yes, when you go over any Pot hole the suspension does make noise. This car is not that silent hushed types.
Old 7th December 2011, 16:00   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Actually yes, too simple to believe. Apart from this noise there is no rattling or creeks. But yes, when you go over any Pot hole the suspension does make noise. This car is not that silent hushed types.
Have you reported this problem to VW? What did they say?
Old 7th December 2011, 16:50   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Have you reported this problem to VW? What did they say?
Na. I guess its standard with other Ventos also as reported by owners here. Its not an unusual sound its just that its not that typically hushed types as might be some other higher priced German siblings.
Old 18th December 2011, 20:28   #66
BHPian

Ok Guys, over this weekend I got the Babe a nice wash and then I actually wanted to polish it myself but because of shortage of time I decided to get it waxed from outside also. I had seen a shop from quite long and wanted to try it. Went there, Guy asked 400Rs for Polishing. I agreed and was decently satisfied by the result.

Some Pics:
During Wash.....
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0991.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0993.jpg

After Waxing:
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0994.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0995.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0996.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0997.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0998.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0999.jpg

Hope you guys like them...
Old 18th December 2011, 21:47   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Ok Guys, over this weekend I got the Babe a nice wash and then I actually wanted to polish it myself but because of shortage of time I decided to get it waxed from outside also.
Nothing like a freshly detailed Blue Vento! Looks awesome! Need to get mine done too. Been enough time now.
Old 18th December 2011, 23:11   #68
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 20th December 2011 at 10:48.
thoma is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th December 2011, 15:00   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Nothing like a freshly detailed Blue Vento! Looks awesome! Need to get mine done too. Been enough time now.
Thanks nileshch!! I would agree. The results after waxing even surpassed my expectations.

Waiting for your's to get a nice make up too.

Thanks thoma.. I hope your day comes soon. Even mine took 1 full year to come.

Last edited by GTO : 20th December 2011 at 10:49. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2011, 20:32   #70
BHPian

So this weekend I had gone for a road trip to amritsar from gurgaon. While going also and while coming back also we had a night stay in Chandigarh. We stayed in Amritsar for 1 day.

Total Kms: 1104
Fuel: 56.7
Average: 19.5 Km/L

Overall it was a wonderful trip. The car was flawless again. This car really comes in its own on highways. Plus I have observed that because of the effortless way of this car there is generally very less or no fatigue to the driver. The average speed throughout the trip was around 80-90 and the drive was very effortless. You don't need to change gears at all. Most times this car behaves like an Automatic on the Highway.

While coming back from Chandigarh I consciously tried to maintain higher speeds than usual and I came out happy. Overall a very satisfactory trip and the more I drive this car the more I fall in Love with it.

Some Pics:
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0221.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0232.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0234.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0238.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0267.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0268.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0270.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0274.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0338.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0311.jpg
Old 28th December 2011, 11:21   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Overall a very satisfactory trip and the more I drive this car the more I fall in Love with it.
Gosh. Rachit congrats. The blue really looks really awesome on the Vento . As for the highway trips, you are right. It does feel like as if it is driving itself. On a straight relatively well maintained highway keeping a constant speed is so easy as if you are driving on cruise control.

Because of tons of work I could manage only one highway trip till now and my Vento got the best compliment it ever received on that trip. My sis-in-law sitting in the rear seat commented that it seems she is flying in an airplane with absolutely little noise or vibration filtering in.
Old 29th December 2011, 19:13   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Gosh. Rachit congrats. The blue really looks really awesome on the Vento . As for the highway trips, you are right. It does feel like as if it is driving itself. On a straight relatively well maintained highway keeping a constant speed is so easy as if you are driving on cruise control.

Because of tons of work I could manage only one highway trip till now and my Vento got the best compliment it ever received on that trip. My sis-in-law sitting in the rear seat commented that it seems she is flying in an airplane with absolutely little noise or vibration filtering in.
Hi samarjitdhar. Thanks for the wishes. Yes, I would agree that this is a very effortless car to drive. There is bad side to it too. Most of the times I am doing very lazy speeds and because this car requires so less effort to drive generally I start thinking something else. So keep my attention I have to sometimes consciously drive slightly faster.
Old 10th January 2012, 11:33   #73
BHPian

Some more Pics:
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0382.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0384.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0385.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0389.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0390.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0391.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0392.jpg
Old 20th January 2012, 14:22   #74
BHPian

A small update.

The car has done 7000 Kms now. Its not even 3 months.
Fuel Consumption:
Highway: 19.5
City: 15

I also upgraded to Osram Nightbreakers. My impression is that there is definately some improvement in headlight. The spread is the same its just that the intensity has slightly improved. Specialy in case of oncoming traffic I felt these bulbs held better. The bulbs costed me 1300. Anybody having any experience with these. I am not sure whether it is worth the dough. The reason I didnt go for 100/90 is that the shop guy told me they will need relays. I didnt want any wire cut. I was inclined on white light bulbs but he said white light is not very useful in Foggy conditions. Can Anyone verify this??

Also I got the first spot on paint. I was on the highway overtaking a truck when a stone fell from it and struck my Co Driver side door. There is no dent or scratch but small holes and the paint has gone.

Also I could see two small very light scratches on the back of the car. I dont know how they appeared.

Overall the car is still going strong. I can easily say that to exploit the full performance of this car it will still take me sometime. I cant press the A pedal full for more than 2 seconds even on highways. This baby flies and I am not very confident on our highways. So I still kep it around 100.
Old 20th January 2012, 14:36   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A small update.

The car has done 7000 Kms now. Its not even 3 months.
Guess I am late to the party, eh! Congrats Rachit on your new car. The blue shade looks awesome, I just wish it was a little less dark and it would have been just perfect.

7000 kms in 3 months is decent running for a oil burner. Wish you plenty of more happy miles on your Vento.

BTW, are you coming to the meat this evening? Would like to see your baby in person.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks