Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2011, 22:30   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

Its really disheartening to know your story. For a vehicle which is said to be Tatas first niggle free products. Brake failure is not a just a niggle but a serious issue. I own a Aria pride 6.5 k kms, thank god no issues yet.
Old 11th November 2011, 22:40   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Its really disheartening to know your story. For a vehicle which is said to be Tatas first niggle free products. Brake failure is not a just a niggle but a serious issue. I own a Aria pride 6.5 k kms, thank god no issues yet.
touchwood man. As long as the car works it is fun to drive. i enjoyed it but it was just too shortlived
Old 11th November 2011, 22:44   #33
BHPian

I can imagine the mental turmoil you are going through! Feeling sorry for you!

I'm contemplating these reasons for the lack of consistency from the TATA stable:

1. No proper quality check methodology in place for production and roll out.
2. Lots of borrowed technology(cheap also?) to beat the competition and hence no knowledge transfer mechanism happening to service personnel from mechanics.
3. Lack of crisis management.
4. Lack of grip from management top-down hence unable to enforce above points.

But what surprises me is the audacity to launch their products at a premium price bracket. Aria is a classic example. I was really taken aback when I went to TD the Vista Sedan Class . On Road price in Bangalore for the top model is about 7.5lacs! I'm really wondering how they find takers for such products!
luvurride is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 23:03   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Absolutely appalling. But I guess it was the thing a lot of us were fearing. You load a car with electronics the way Tat has the Aria and you're bound to have issues.

I gather from your posts that all this happened when you were not around: how certain are you that the cars were driven well? Not that it matters, because even of they weren't, there is no reason for all this to happen!
Old 11th November 2011, 23:29   #35
BHPian

Personally I do not think the mechanics ( the larger 80% or more) can really understand the electronics of the modern cars. Even at A.S.S they do not know how to check the resistance of the TPS or the temp sender. I am actually not shocked as a car loaded with electronics like the ARIA might have these failures.

Now coming back to your issues, The failures are indicative of a PDI and test drive not done at the factory/dealer. Usually they tighten and do last minute adjustments.

We are just not ready for anything more advanced than TPS and simple sensors. Having said that , there are some really competent mechanics who can handle electronics just that they are not in the A.S.S. But do keep us posted.
Old 11th November 2011, 23:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Sir ,you or whoever ,why did they take delivery of dirty cars without doing PDI in the first place ?
I feel that is secondary when you buy a premium product from one of the trusted names in the Indian industry. Even the PDI could not have identified the gearbox problem, this is too serious in a brand new car. Who would want their gear box changed ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
Personally I do not think the mechanics ( the larger 80% or more) can really understand the electronics of the modern cars. Even at A.S.S they do not know how to check the resistance of the TPS or the temp sender. I am actually not shocked as a car loaded with electronics like the ARIA might have these failures.

That is the sad fate of the A.S.S in our country. The manufacturers bring out models with all the gizmos but the A.S.S is simply not trained enough to handle this.
Old 12th November 2011, 00:24   #37
BHPian

I strongly suggest the thread starter put up the invoices related to the multiple failures that the two ARIAs have gone through before this thread turns into a TATA bashing thread.

i'm not doubting you but you will have skeptical people because you haven't uploaded any pictures/invoices in the opening post.which wont be that hard to source,because we've had a lot of unnecessary brand bashing when it comes to desi brands
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2011, 01:33   #38
Senior - BHPian

This is extremely sad. I had sincere hopes from the "new" Tata, and especially that the Aria would be trouble free. Since especially we have had a few threads without any issues from the Aria.

Now I am less inclined towards the Manza or Vista even, as I have relatives looking for a sedan and hatchback, and shall not recommend them any longer. I do not wish to have those less inclined towards cars to be stuck with a vehicle that requires a lot of attention, and God forbid, be unsafe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM
Sir, if possible, please try to talk some sense into Tata. This is not the way to change their image. Apologies for this unsolicited request.

PS. I wish there was a "smiley" for sorrow. I am neither , nor . Just sad at the state of a company that has the potential to be a beacon, an icon of Indian engineering and design.
Old 12th November 2011, 06:41   #39
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

you know, even the new XUV500 is yet to prove itself in the market with all its electronic gizmos. one of the reasons that Im staying away from that vehicle is exactly this reason.
my Dad's 5.5 year old Tata Indica Turbo Diesel is still going absolutely strong. very few hassles so far touch wood. but this is the point - they've got one or two vehicles right but the rest of their offerings are suspect.
why so many compromises I wonder, considering they also own the real big boys now - JLR etc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
I strongly suggest the thread starter put up the invoices related to the multiple failures that the two ARIAs have gone through before this thread turns into a TATA bashing thread.

i'm not doubting you but you will have skeptical people because you haven't uploaded any pictures/invoices in the opening post.which wont be that hard to source,because we've had a lot of unnecessary brand bashing when it comes to desi brands
Old 12th November 2011, 09:40   #40
BHPian

Man....and we thought that Tata was going to get it right with the Aria. You should ask for a replacement car with so many issues.
But as someone mentioned in the posts earlier, Tata service is horrible once you have purchaed the car. My first car was an Indica and after the nightmares I have had at their service centre's, I have now decided that I will never buy a Tata car again.
Old 12th November 2011, 11:10   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I gather from your posts that all this happened when you were not around: how certain are you that the cars were driven well? Not that it matters, because even of they weren't, there is no reason for all this to happen!
I was there in the cars when the components have failed to work. I was having a doubt that drivers are probably not careful but no such issue as the car are always driven at less than 80kmph as Company Policy. Only I have asked the driver to drive at max speed possible to test the car. Always there are senior managers so drivers are cautious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
The failures are indicative of a PDI and test drive not done at the factory/dealer. Usually they tighten and do last minute adjustments.
That was the problem, they did not send the manual with the car so I did not realize that PDI was skipped until Car 1 went for service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I feel that is secondary when you buy a premium product from one of the trusted names in the Indian industry. Even the PDI could not have identified the gearbox problem, this is too serious in a brand new car. Who would want their gear box changed ?
Absolutely. Lucky that nothing serious has happened till date. But what should I expect in the future is a question

Quote:
I strongly suggest the thread starter put up the invoices related to the multiple failures that the two ARIAs have gone through before this thread turns into a TATA bashing threads
I will try to post the invoices, have to get them from office, but pictures I have none as most of energy at that point was to get the cars serviced and sending mails to Tata. I would not want it to become a Tata Bashing thread but service they are providing after paying such a premium is not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
you know, even the new XUV500 is yet to prove itself in the market with all its electronic gizmos. one of the reasons that Im staying away from that vehicle is exactly this reason.
why so many compromises I wonder, considering they also own the real big boys now - JLR etc!
What feedback are they getting from Millions of Kms of testing is the biggest question now. I see Merlin almost on daily basis on a highway but will the car really be a good buy after so much testing? Tata has to create that confidence in its customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
Man....and we thought that Tata was going to get it right with the Aria. You should ask for a replacement car with so many issues.
Infact I did that when both cars had breakdowns simultaneously. Also in one of my mails I asked Tata to offer A tow truck as freebie with every Aria because we seem to be using that service quite frequently

@luvurride, It will take tremendous effort from Tata by the time they improve quality and customers also realize it

Last edited by indian21r : 12th November 2011 at 11:15.
Old 12th November 2011, 11:24   #42
Senior - BHPian

Just when I had thought that the old TATA days are gone & the ARIA is a good quality car. Infact was forcing my brother to have a look at the Aria as well, along with the XUV5OO, not anymore.
Old 12th November 2011, 11:32   #43
BHPian

A very well timed Topic. With car companies launching new products left right and centre, issues like these will hopefully make people think a little before jumping onto new products blindly. To say your experience with the Aria has been bad would be a gross understatement. Hope things get sorted out soon. And thank you for your timely warning.
Old 12th November 2011, 14:23   #44
Senior - BHPian

One would have thought that Tata would have ironed out most of its flaws with the Aria. But the ownership reviews that are emerging seem to suggest otherwise. Niggling issues in a car such as the Aria is simply unacceptable.

A lot of JLR elements have trickled down into making the Aria. But sadly, the QC process does not seem to be one of them. I once had a candid conversation with a Tata Motors executive who said that his company functioned liked a government entity, hinting at a resistance to change with the times. Old habits do die hard...
Old 12th November 2011, 14:49   #45
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Firstly, I'm extremely sorry to hear of your experience. This, exactly, was what all of us are afraid of with Tata's new launches. One line in the first post of my report read:

Quote:
• Apprehensions over initial niggles with new Tata cars
If Tata wants to sell a premium car, they should get the fundamentals sorted first. Heck, a 2.5 lakh rupee Maruti 800 is niggle free...which Aria owner is going to tolerate such serious issues?! I own an Indigo and the experience from the 3rd - 4th year (current) has been depressing. So many niggles & problems that I have lost count.

You have obviously gotten a lemon. Either get Tata to replace them, or minimise your losses, sell the Arias and buy an Innova. There is a reason why the Innova & Fortuner sell so well; to most buyers (moi included), reliability is of paramount importance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I think you guys are doing a great favor to others by penning your ownership experiences.
Though we can not do anything to lessen your hassles and heart burn, consumers collectively have great power to make sure the manufacturer pays for such issues by largely ignoring them.
Please continue posting experiences about Aria so that many more are aware and choose between various options in Arias segment wisely.
Thank you for this extremely valuable post, and highlighting just the purpose of Team-BHP.

Quote:
If any verification is required, Team-BHP Moderators will step right in. Indian21r is a BHPian since 5 years, with many posts & threads to his credit. We have no reason to doubt the authenticity of this thread. If anyone wishes to discuss this further, please use the contact us form.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks