Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2012, 13:15   #181
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
TML has not trained its service folk to diagnose anything. They are well trained in parts replacement, basic funda being, if a part fails, replace it and the customer will be happy.
Thats very true. I have been informed that instead of getting the part that malfunctioned replaced they are replacing the whole engine. They have given the details to the company and are awaiting their nod for an engine transplant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Exactly being stranded due to engine or other critical failures is pathetic. Seriously how did the cars even clear requisite tests. If only one set of cars have this problem, it can be attributed to a batch.
My family was stranded on a lonely highway for close to 3 hrs on a chilling winter night. Apart from ruining my new year celebrations, this incidence has ruined my faith in reliability of Tata products for ever.
T.A.S.S. still do R&D at customers cost and time. There was some abnormal noise from engine after second service. I bought it to the notice at 6k km. Just checked the oil and fluids and vehicle delivered back. Again at 7000 km there was 'restricted performance' and ' low brake fluid' warnings. I took the car to service center. The engine oil was at minimum level mark and engine oiled topped up. Where did the oil disappear in 2000 km of second service, no one was bothered. And finally an engine failure at 8000 km, despite car showing as signs and symptoms much before.
The point is tata guys can never make a diagnosis before hand and wait till the part fails.
Old 7th January 2012, 16:47   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Thats very true. I have been informed that instead of getting the part that malfunctioned replaced they are replacing the whole engine. They have given the details to the company and are awaiting their nod for an engine transplant.

My family was stranded on a lonely highway for close to 3 hrs on a chilling winter night. Apart from ruining my new year celebrations, this incidence has ruined my faith in reliability of Tata products for ever.

The point is tata guys can never make a diagnosis before hand and wait till the part fails.
It is really bad that your family had to bear the brunt. When will TM/TASS understand that Replacement and Repair are not the same. What they need to achieve is the third R, Reliability. How many days before they will handover the car now

Considering that you are in Delhi, you should take the Car to and Park it bang Opposite AUTO EXPO and ask them to take it back and refund you with interest. That will be enough publicity for Tata Motors to either improve or head downhill.
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 14:58   #183
BHPian

@bravo, is your problem fully resolved or are they still working on it
Old 12th January 2012, 16:58   #184
BHPian

Quote:
It is really bad that your family had to bear the brunt. When will TM/TASS understand that Replacement and Repair are not the same. What they need to achieve is the third R, Reliability.
Not just reliability even their repair section needs a complete revamp. Had they been able to diagnose it when i first brought it to their notice, this disaster could have been presented.

Well, tatas are listening, I am getting calls from their top bosses and they are following my cars repairs and keeping me updated about the cars status. Things are changing at Tatas ends. But they still have a long way to go.

Quote:
@bravo, is your problem fully resolved or are they still working on it
I was informed an engine and turbo have been dispatched from Pune and it will take a weeks time for the vehicle to be delivered. (2-3 days for parts to reach service centre and 3-4 days for fitting and testing)
Old 13th January 2012, 00:57   #185
BHPian

Am facing some minor problems too in my Aria Pride. The AC air flow change direction automatically from front vents to windshield vents, fogging the windshield and restricting visibility, and the AC Display shows 'Err'. This same thing has been repaired by Wasan Motors Chembur 3 times in the last 8 months, only to recur again.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-08012012561.jpg  

dark_horizon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 11:21   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_horizon View Post
This same thing has been repaired by Wasan Motors Chembur 3 times in the last 8 months, only to recur again.
Looks like a genuine lemon. May be a good idea to post the repair work orders for expert BHPIans to take a look.
Old 13th January 2012, 15:23   #187
BHPian

I think Tata is extremely famous for experimenting on its unsuspecting customers. Classic examples are Indica, Safari. As they keep coming out with revised versions, the improvements and bugs are fixed based on customer feedback. Instead a better way of doing it should be setup a campaign and offer test drives of a particular car to be launched, gather feedback and fix them and then launch the car.
Old 14th January 2012, 09:58   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Am facing some minor problems too in my Aria Pride.
Not a minor issue for a car worth ~18 lacs. How can Tatas charge a premium for a car that's full of issue. Do write to tata customer care with all the details. They listen if you are lucky or writing to them at least will tighten the noose around the service center's neck.
Old 14th January 2012, 15:44   #189
BHPian

I am at loss of words to even comment now. The list of Car facing issues is increasing really fast.

I guess we need to list out everyone who has faced issues with the ARIA, Minor or Major is immaterial as it will still cause discomfort.

indian21r - 2 Aria's
bravo82in
dark_horizon
DeKay
Zappex
raj_004, some car posted on youtube
ANUJ GEORGE,

8.That is a lot for a car which sold less than 3000 cars in the market.
Old 18th January 2012, 16:17   #190
BHPian

Quote:
That is a lot for a car which sold less than 3000 cars in the market.
Of these 3000 very few are on team-bhp and 8 cars are already in trouble. And not to forget that not everyone reports issue here. The number is definitely on a higher side.
I had issues with the Security system of the car from day one and it took three visits to the TASS to get the issue solved. And i still don't know its a permanent solution or just a 'Jugaad' that has been done. I never mentioned it here coz i never wanted to bring bad repute to the Tata Motors.
Any ways my Cars engine failed on 31st dec and till today(18th jan) parts/ engine and turbo are not available.
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 17:02   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Of these 3000 very few are on team-bhp and 8 cars are already in trouble. And not to forget that not everyone reports issue here. The number is definitely on a higher side.
I had issues with the Security system of the car from day one and it took three visits to the TASS to get the issue solved. And i still don't know its a permanent solution or just a 'Jugaad' that has been done. I never mentioned it here coz i never wanted to bring bad repute to the Tata Motors.
Any ways my Cars engine failed on 31st dec and till today(18th jan) parts/ engine and turbo are not available.
True I forgot about the issues of non bhpians.

Looks like they will make you wait forever. Being 5kms from the plant, car used to take weeks to get repaired. You are 1200kms away, so you are expected to wait even more

I would rate Aria as a total failure
Old 31st January 2012, 11:20   #192
BHPian

Any update on when the car will be delivered bravo?

In btwn, Another Aria is added to the list of car failures. That Aria stalled for 3 times till now. That guy is so pissed of that whenever they are traveling out of station, they take all cars but the Aria. It supposedly stalled once while he was traveling with local MLA
Old 31st January 2012, 11:43   #193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Aria engine failed? So soon?

Did the dealership give you any reasons for the failure? Has the car been repaired to your satisfaction? Its been a month, hence the questions.
Old 31st January 2012, 15:12   #194
BHPian

Quote:
I was informed an engine and turbo have been dispatched from Pune and it will take a weeks time for the vehicle to be delivered. (2-3 days for parts to reach service centre and 3-4 days for fitting and testing)
Wow engine seizing is a real shocker. Looks like the TASS really bungled up bad here. They should have caught the fault much earlier.

And firstly this shouldn't have happened at all. God only knows what kind of QC controls do TATA MOTORS do at their end.

Has the replacement engine been fitted now.

One good thing coming out of all this, is that you would have a brand new engine albeit at a lot of heart burn.

All the best and keep us posted on the progress.

Cheers
Old 31st January 2012, 15:33   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Am facing some minor problems too in my Aria Pride. The AC air flow change direction automatically from front vents to windshield vents, fogging the windshield and restricting visibility, and the AC Display shows 'Err'. This same thing has been repaired by Wasan Motors Chembur 3 times in the last 8 months, only to recur again.
Next time around when you visit Wasan make sure you get the entire front assembly of the AUTO AC changed and not one component here or there. Intimate them before you go that this needs to be done and you wont take no for an answer.

That's one reason I went for the lowest variant so as to keep the electrical components at the minimum and thus decrease chances of failure.
Of course even then if the engine seizes then really nothing can be done.

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks