Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2012, 09:35   #226
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

I request everyone to restrict their discussions to Aria. Once we start discussing other cars, it will be an endless debate. And I believe we have many threads around catering to that.

An Update. Both of our Arias are running trouble free for now. I just hope all the issues have been resolved.

Infact when I was having discussion with a friend of mine today about cars in general, he asked if Aria's production was stopped. He is mighty impressed by the sales of XUV5oo. Aria really lost first mover advantage.(Indian makes)
Old 8th March 2012, 12:07   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
A potential issue is the that the castor/camber needs to corrected with shims.
What you pointed out was right. The castor and camber were out resulting in uneven tyre wear. The dealer fixed the issue and replaced the front tyre at their own cost.
I was also informed that some Arias have issues with alignment for which front suspension needs to be replaced.

An update: Finally Tatas have cleaned up their mess and all plastic parts damaged have been replaced ( though it took them close to a month )
The car is running fine now and i hope is continues to run trouble free.
Old 8th March 2012, 18:10   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Incredible that a manufacturer with global ambitions charging 18 lakh rupees for a car still cannot provide you with niggle free experience. It tells me that something is terribly wrong with the fundamentals of the company. Makes me want to think twice about recommending Vitsa to my friends.
Vista is a good car. Reading the Aria owner experience brings back memories of my own experience during the initial 6months of ownership of the Vista. I have come to a personal conclusion that TATAs are not fit to compete at a global scale. They have a lot of way to go in terms of Quality Control. I sometimes feel they have hired a person just to stick QC (the green sticker) on the car without any actual quality checks being done. I still have the long mail chains that during my initial ownership. Also, they seem to use customers as guinea pigs for testing their product. One things decided. I'm never buying a TATA again!!!

One more thing that has to be noted is that the after a release of a new vehicle from TATA, the service center personnel s appear to be trained on the vehicles brought in for complaints as they don't appear competent on how to repair an issue the first time. I as a customer ended up taking the vehicle in for the same issue 4-5 times before it actually gets rectified...and so i thought.. then I had to take it 6,7 and 8th time before I got it finally resolved. Heartache is multiplied if the Service Center is not near your home/office.

Safest buy from TATA would be Indica V2. For any other vehicle, one should wait for Vista V2, Manza V2 or probably even Aria V2. Now that we have slew of options out there, I don't think releasing a V2 will help. Case and point the Nano; Was a failure the first time, and is a failure after release of Nano 2012(Nano V2)!
InfinteLoop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2012, 07:01   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinteLoop View Post
Safest buy from TATA would be Indica V2. For any other vehicle, one should wait for Vista V2, Manza V2 or probably even Aria V2. Now that we have slew of options out there, I don't think releasing a V2 will help. Case and point the Nano; Was a failure the first time, and is a failure after release of Nano 2012(Nano V2)!
Nano sales is improving after the release of Nano 2012. It has touched 9k last month.
My Boss owns a Nano 2012 and an Aria. His Nano's AC became non-functional after 1 month of usage. But, they repaired it free of cost for him, since it was covered under warranty. It seems, TATA's QC still have a lot of room for improvement. But, they as a company seem to be taking a lot of effort to correct the perception among the customers. I do get random good opinion about TATA service from some of my friends.
Old 10th March 2012, 01:56   #230
BHPian

Indian21R - I am in a dilema of either buying an Aria or a sedan. Not sure how the ARIA drives and is there are still reliability issues with it. I am looking for the 4X2 variant. Can you please suggest, if ARIA is reliable and are you willing to take your ARIA for a long distance drive without a fear of stalling somewhere ???
Old 11th March 2012, 13:07   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Indian21R - I am in a dilema of either buying an Aria or a sedan. Not sure how the ARIA drives and is there are still reliability issues with it. I am looking for the 4X2 variant. Can you please suggest, if ARIA is reliable and are you willing to take your ARIA for a long distance drive without a fear of stalling somewhere ???
For Aria vs sedan there is a thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...uv-debate.html

If you are not used to driving crossovers/ suv's i would suggest you to take it for a long test ride 2 hrs atleast before going for one.
Reliability has a big question mark attached to any tata motors product. Usually you dont get issues but you never know when things go wrong.
I do take my Aria for long drives but fear of being stalled is always there in my mind. Once bitten twice shy!!!
The problem is less with the product and more with ability of workshops of tata motors to detect and handle problems. However the top bosses at tata motors are very supportive and try their best to keep customers happy.
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2012, 16:03   #232

Hi Guys, I have a TATA Aria 4*2 Prestige (4500kms done so far), the steering shakes a lot at 80kmph and above. Just wanted to know if this is a known problem and if yes, is there a remedy available for this :-(

thanks,

Nitin
Old 10th April 2012, 22:56   #233
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitzi17 View Post
Hi Guys, I have a TATA Aria 4*2 Prestige (4500kms done so far), the steering shakes a lot at 80kmph and above. Just wanted to know if this is a known problem and if yes, is there a remedy available for this :-(

thanks,

Nitin
Nope don't think this is a specifically known issue. But this is definately indicative of

1) Misalligned Suspension or a worn suspension part eating up tyres - check tyres - most likely - OR
2) Unbalanced tyres - check balancing - a new car should have balanced tyres - OR
3) Power Steering oil leakage - unlikely

Do check oil pressure as well - should be 32 or 33 psi for all 4 tyres. - there is a difference in the tyre pressure mentioned in the user manual and the sticker next to the front door.

Mine is very steady even at close to 140.
Old 10th April 2012, 22:59   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitzi17

thanks,

Nitin
Get the alignment and balancing done at a good place, your problem will be solved.

Also posting your queries in multiple threads is not a good idea....
devenashani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2012, 23:17   #235
BHPian

I had a similar issue with the safari. No matter what you do with alignment, it will be a temporary jugaad, the problem will come back. My problem was resolved after the suspension job and replacing the center link. Pls get the center link assembly replaced. Tatas will try to push this till 35k kms after which they will say its normal wear n tear
Old 11th April 2012, 13:56   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger
I had a similar issue with the safari. No matter what you do with alignment, it will be a temporary jugaad, the problem will come back. My problem was resolved after the suspension job and replacing the center link. Pls get the center link assembly replaced. Tatas will try to push this till 35k kms after which they will say its normal wear n tear
This isn't necessarily the same issue, although it would be a good idea to check. The Aria and current Safari have completely different front suspensions, so attributing the flaws of one to the other isn't really warranted. One isn't really sure that the suspension issue you faced was widespread in the first place.

My 2c: After eliminating issues with tyre pressure, wheel balancing (most likely, IMHO because of the "above 80" clause), and alignment, then the suspension linkage could be investigated.
Old 11th April 2012, 18:26   #237
BHPian

We used to face that around 120-130kmph range. But after that it is stable again. I faced the same issue in Innova but at speeds of 110kmph

In between one of our Arias met with a head on Collision With a Tavera on 4th April. I was really happy that nothing happened to the driver and passenger. The Air bags opened as well. I am not aware of the full details yet
Old 11th April 2012, 23:16   #238
BHPian

Well I am not saying that safari and aria has same suspension, the point is Tata's quality control. If they can allow a sub standard part in safari, they can do the same in aria. Btw, I am by no means a Tata basher, I own safari and manza. My only crib so far has been that the suspension should have lasted a bit more. I spent around 12k on.that job at 55k kms. But I had this problem right from around 20k but due to my ignorance the tass guys took me for a ride. Now I don't want the same to happen again
Old 12th April 2012, 00:33   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
@souravc .. What type of Indica was that ? I bet, a taxi ! Even a Merc would give way considering the maintenance they are subjected to ! Why single out the manufacturer for that ? What do you have to say about the ramshacle Qualis' on the roads today ? Wouldn't they conk off as well ? How about the Tavera's - the call centre cabs ?
Do you have an idea about the resale values that those ramshacle Qualis command in the market. And let me tell you, those prices are paid by one of the most well informed consumers in the market, the taxi operators. Why would they pay that? Because they like the Toyota badge design? Or there are other, practical reasons like ease of maintenance and reliability. The Qualis engine is known to routinely last 500000+ kms. How many Indica's you know that have crossed that mileage without a rebore?

Quote:
Look at that segment - it is dominated with Tavera, Sumo, Xylo AND the Innova. I wish I had some pictures of tattered Innova'a going around like lame ducks and spewing black clouds of smoke to show you.
Both the Indica and the Innova / Qualis are extensively used for the BPO transport market. This means similar use incity. Sample any transport fleet that has similarly aged Indica's and Innova's and also ask the operator which vehicle he likes. You will get your answers.

Quote:
The point here - given the abuse these home-grown vehicles are subjected to - the fact that they still lumber on - point to their robustness and reliability, no ? Can you guarantee the same for the Innova ? No, in my opinion .. the Qualis is a fine example.
Do you mean that just because some vehicle is home-grown, it will be subjected to higher abuse? I am not sure we are that biased. On the other hand, if price is the factor for abuse, a 5 year old Alto, that is cheaper to begin with, holds up better than a similarly aged Indica.
Quote:
My point - If you care for a machine, it will stay reliable, whoever the manufacturer. TATA and Mahindra have proven that absorption of technology, especially diesel engines, is world class. Lemons do exist with all manufacturers, you will find Fiesta's and Ikon;s in that list on t-bhp too. How would you justify that ?
Care improves but does not assure reliability. Of all the cars I owned, I cared most for the Fiat Uno that I had. On the other hand, I have cared much for my Innova and taken it to rather rough terrain. Unfortunately, my care was not repaid with reliability by the Uno. There is a reason that car companies have a RnD and Quality department. Else all that the cars would need is a "Handle with Care" tag.

Do you say that Tata Diesel Engines are world class? On what basis do you make that comment? Is it Reliability, Longevity, Fuel Economy, Performance? And what are the benchmarks that you would use. I would call something world class if it performs on par with the best brands in that business.

Last edited by Buffetfan : 12th April 2012 at 00:42.
Buffetfan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:44   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
We used to face that around 120-130kmph range. But after that it is stable again. I faced the same issue in Innova but at speeds of 110kmph

In between one of our Arias met with a head on Collision With a Tavera on 4th April. I was really happy that nothing happened to the driver and passenger. The Air bags opened as well. I am not aware of the full details yet
How's ur Aria doing Rahul ? Have the issues with the clutch cropped up again, assuming they must have done 5 digit miles by now. Recently an Aria parked near my M800 in front of my bank and I was able to appreciate how much more bigger it was than the Innova. It sheet metal seems of the scorpio grade and much stiffer than the Innova's wafer-like body panels. No wonder then that the driver and passenger's escaped major injuries even in a frontal collision. This thing is built like a tank, now if only the internals were error-free.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks