Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2011, 09:53   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
I am really very confused with the way they treat their customers. And to top it all when I expect preferential treatment; They look at me as if I am a fool to have purchased a 19L nano!
Sheesh !! I feel for you man. After trusting them and investing in them, the disappointment sure hurts a lot. I think you are just regarded as the guy with 19 Nanos. Make sure they are not using your car as a test mule for prospective buyers, have seen this in many places.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 12:44   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Sheesh !! I feel for you man.
Thanks for showing concern buddy! You know I always had people complaining about the poor service for Safari etc. But until it happens with you it is very difficult to understand the perseverance behind all of this.

Quote:
After trusting them and investing in them, the disappointment sure hurts a lot. I think you are just regarded as the guy with 19 Nanos.
Well said, Nothing more to add...

Quote:
Make sure they are not using your car as a test mule for prospective buyers, have seen this in many places.
Though that is a possibility I don't think that there are any chances of that...

Fairly because there is far too much of work to be done on my vehicle.
Old 21st November 2011, 13:30   #138
Senior - BHPian

Zappex, it seems like you're having some major issues with your car & I would think it is important that you highlight these in your thread as well rather than in Indian21r's.

I can understand the piggybacking if you didn't have a thread but you do have one & it hasn't been updated for a while & also gives the impression that you're on Top of the World as far as your Aria is concerned. Doesn't make sense to me

Last edited by suman : 21st November 2011 at 13:33.
suman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 15:05   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Zappex, it seems like you're having some major issues with your car & I would think it is important that you highlight these in your thread as well rather than in Indian21r's.
I have been thinking of doing that once my service would have gotten over, but suddenly the dealership has started testing my patience!

Quote:
I can understand the piggybacking if you didn't have a thread but you do have one & it hasn't been updated for a while & also gives the impression that you're on Top of the World as far as your Aria is concerned.
I guess you are right but for now; I just want some advice on how to approach this matter which is kind of similar to indian21r's.

Quote:
Doesn't make sense to me
It doesn't to me either, but I just thought that it was a faster way of getting some advice. Anyway I will definitely continue this end of the discussion chain to my thread once I get my car back.

PS: Does anyone have any advice/idea on how to approach my case?

Last edited by Zappex : 21st November 2011 at 15:06.
Old 21st November 2011, 21:16   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Today is the 7th day, I am hoping for some miracle to take place so that I can get the Aria back!

I have received ZERO updates from the TASC, Day before yesterday I called them up and I was put on hold for 15 minutes! After that I discussed my problem list with my SA and to my surprise; Out of 24 points 15 were still in the checking phase and the rest were brushed off with a "Ho gaya hoga!" (Must have been done).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANUJ GEORGE View Post
All these items were replaced under warranty, only thing that bothered me was the long delay for the spare parts to arrive. It took more than two weeks for the vehicle to be ready after all these repairs.
Hats off to your patience, Anuj and Zappex!

Unlike indian21r, these cars are your personal vehicles (presumably) and I don't imagine I would have the patience to leave my car in a garage for days on end and wait for it the way you do.

Thanks to indian21r for opening this thread. Personally, I feel let down especially since I had warmed up to the Aria over the past few months. One thing I note is that the initial worry about taxi drivers and Aria owners rubbing shoulders does seem to have come true.
nowwhat? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 21:34   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Hats off to your patience, Anuj and Zappex!
It is more difficult than it seems, Anuj got his clutch replaced and car running fine. Whereas in my case they don't even want to accept the fault if there is one!

Quote:
Unlike indian21r, these cars are your personal vehicles (presumably)
On behalf of me and Anuj; I can say that our Aria's are personally owned/cared for.

Quote:
I don't imagine I would have the patience to leave my car in a garage for days on end and wait for it the way you do.
Who likes to wait? Is there an option? This time I have decided not to accept the car until all problems get solved; even if it takes months!

Quote:
Thanks to indian21r for opening this thread.
Yup. A big thanks to him.

Quote:
Personally, I feel let down especially since I had warmed up to the Aria over the past few months.
An extremely good product let down by TASS.

Quote:
One thing I note is that the initial worry about taxi drivers and Aria owners rubbing shoulders does seem to have come true.
That is not entirely true, owner and driver waiting area's are separate. But when it comes to servicing the cars and treatment by the employes. It is there when the difference disappears!

PS: In the end I have only one question; "nowwhat?"

Last edited by Zappex : 21st November 2011 at 21:36.
Zappex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 21:44   #142
BHPian

Quote:
That is not entirely true, owner and driver waiting area's are separate. But when it comes to servicing the cars and treatment by the employes. It is there when the difference disappears!
Sorry, I got that wrong.

This car had so much potential. And to be only let down by customer service and spare part availability is such a shame.
nowwhat? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 21:48   #143
BHPian

An update:

Spoke to my SA this evening it, His attitude remains the same!

"Checking chalu hai sir" (We are still checking the car sir) I could make out from his tone that he wanted me to take the delivery of the car ASAP.

In our conversation he asked me twice when I wanted to collect the Aria.

I bluntly refused and told him to solve all the problems with the car.

He said he will get back to me with the status;

I waited and waited but in the end NO RESPONSE!!

(And it was me who called him to check on the progress, He did not even have the courtesy to call me in 7 days!)

Tomorrow is the 8th day!, I wonder how much I will have to wait...

Quote:
This car had so much potential. And to be only let down by customer service and spare part availability is such a shame.
Now you seem to have got it absolutely right!

Last edited by Zappex : 21st November 2011 at 22:01. Reason: Addition
Zappex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 22:04   #144
Senior - BHPian

The irony is that even after seeing benchmark customer service and turn around time for Competitors (Innova / XUV) Tata is still not learning. At least after being beaten black and blue by XUV, they must at least spruce the customer experience at least for the Aria.

I wonder if the same attitude is shown to JLR customers also.
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:30   #145
BHPian

@ Anuj,
I think clutch issues may be due to the lack of any space beside the clutch

All these items were replaced under warranty, only thing that bothered me was the long delay for the spare parts to arrive. It took more than two weeks for the vehicle to be ready after all these repairs.That you have to give them. They do not question much about part replacement or warranty. But spares take their own time to reach

Then about my friend's Aria: He had so much trouble with that, Tata Motors finally agreed to replace his Aria with a new one, including the registration, road tax and Insurance cost. He had serious troubles starting with suspension, air bags, power steering etc. But he didn't have to fight with TML to get the replacement as many have stated earlier in this thread. He prepared a decent enough letter, send to TML and Concorde. Couple of breakdowns later, probably TML was convinces that they have good enough reasons for a change out, he was offered a replacement.Can you give a more detailed list of the parts that have failed. They seem to be serious issues though. I will have to seriously consider the option of replacement with Tata.

Quote:
Today is the 7th day, I am hoping for some miracle to take place so that I can get the Aria back!
You will have to lower Expectations man.

An update:

Spoke to my SA this evening it, His attitude remains the same!

"Checking chalu hai sir" (We are still checking the car sir) I could make out from his tone that he wanted me to take the delivery of the car ASAP.

In our conversation he asked me twice when I wanted to collect the Aria. I bluntly refused and told him to solve all the problems with the car. He said he will get back to me with the status; I waited and waited but in the end NO RESPONSE!!

(And it was me who called him to check on the progress, He did not even have the courtesy to call me in 7 days!)

Tomorrow is the 8th day!, I wonder how much I will have to wait...When will service centers realize that they providing a service and someone is paying for it. We are yet to receive the Car. They keep promising delivery but it is already 11 days. The problem was identified probably on the 2nd day

Last edited by indian21r : 22nd November 2011 at 11:31.
Old 22nd November 2011, 12:04   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Heck for the same amount you can get a decently kitted out C-Class in the states.
It is true that 18 Lakhs is huge sum for a car, but then each car is different. When someone buys a car, there are lots of consideration given to the purpose for which it is being used, availability of service, cost of repairs and spares etc...Comparing the price of Aria and a ‘C-Class in States’ is not a fair deal.

Before I decided on buying Aria, I was considering X-Trail and CRV. Both vehicles are known for it’s reasonably trouble free ownership experience. Given the fact that, they both are coming from Japan and the small numbers they are selling, long time ownership (5 - 10 yrs)could be much more expensive than owning any Indian vehicle. Same goes for the time to get spares as well. (well, for Tata, it took more than a week to get some spares from Pune) The price difference was almost 7 -8 Lakhs between Indian and Japanese makes.

I was using Indigo Marina before I bought Aria. It was one among the first lot which was rolled out. I am still using it, and I am quite happy about the way it has served me. I took my family on driving holidays on Marina, and we have covered most part of South India on it. Never gave me any trouble on the road. It also gave me a fairly good understanding of how the Tata service center functions. So I was not expecting anything out of the world when I took Aria for service.

When Aria was launched, it had everything I was looking for in my next car. Before booking the car, I even told my wife to be prepared for some teething issues. Then which car doesn't have problems? Even the C-Class has got its own ups and downs. Time taken for the repairs / availability of spares is of course a worry for me.

Apart from that I am still a very happy Aria owner in spite of the fact that my car was at the service for two weeks. I feel much safer to take my family on a driving holiday; my kids got lots of space and comfort in the rear seat. I have plenty of space in the rear, even without folding the third raw. That’s all matters for me.

Quote:
I have received ZERO updates from the TASC, Day before yesterday I called them up and I was put on hold for 15 minutes! After that I discussed my problem list with my SA and to my surprise; Out of 24 points 15 were still in the checking phase and the rest were brushed off with a "Ho gaya hoga!" (Must have been done).

All fellow Bhpians; Please guide me on what to do and how to go about this issue!

Zappex, If I was in your place, I would have gone to the service center and checked the status in person. It helps when you have direct interactions with the service adviser or even the mechanic who works on your car. You could explain the issues better and with more inputs from you they will be able to understand / fix the problems in a better way.

If you are not at all happy with the dealer, change the service center next time. I feel Concorde is doing a better job comparing to the other dealers.

Quote:
I can understand the piggybacking if you didn't have a thread but you do have one & it hasn't been updated for a while & also gives the impression that you're on Top of the World as far as your Aria is concerned. Doesn't make sense to me

Very true in my case.
Old 22nd November 2011, 12:19   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Shocking is the word! We should start giving out 'Lemon of the year' awards!
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 13:17   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
You will have to lower Expectations man.When will service centers realize that they providing a service and someone is paying for it. We are yet to receive the Car. They keep promising delivery but it is already 11 days. The problem was identified probably on the 2nd day
Sorry to hear about your case, But what do you mean that I have to lower my expectations? I just sent my Aria for a routine service (Along with a list of niggles) Toyota offers 60 minute services. Today is the 8th day with no sign of issues getting solved.

In fact they want me to take the car ASAP, It was me who refused as they had not sorted the issues!

Quote:
Zappex, If I was in your place, I would have gone to the service center and checked the status in person.
Status of what? The SA himself admits that the issues are not resolved!

Quote:
It helps when you have direct interactions with the service adviser or even the mechanic who works on your car. You could explain the issues better and with more inputs from you they will be able to understand / fix the problems in a better way.
When I left my vehicle there I spent 2.5 hrs explaining each and every problem in detail. I shared a few pics with them and also gave them a printed list of niggles. What more is there to explain!

Quote:
If you are not at all happy with the dealer, change the service center next time. I feel Concorde is doing a better job comparing to the other dealers.
That is again sad, because in mumbai there in no concorde for servicing the car. In fact major service stations are owned by wasan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Shocking is the word! We should start giving out 'Lemon of the year' awards!
It is not shocking (Niggles were always expected), What is shocking is how the TASS is handling these issues!

PS: 8th day today! No updates received so far,If I don't receive any callback then I will be calling them by evening...

Last edited by Zappex : 22nd November 2011 at 13:18.
Old 22nd November 2011, 13:52   #149
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Indian, Anuj and Zappex.

Have been following this thread for the last few days, and shocked.

My Aria is at the service centre presently for the 5th service it completed 1 year today, and is at 30,000 kms. It has been a nice or rather very nice experience till date, but the fact that the three of you (mainly Indian and Zappex) have faced issues decreases the confidence level.

Had till I read your post always felt that the vehicle is bullet proof, now post your experiences do think what if..

They do give special treatment to Aria customers. When I had called for an appointment the last two times they had suggested a date later than when I wanted it and when I asked a simple question " Are you telling this to an Aria customer?" they immediately agreed to the date and time of my choise. I guess even the telephone operators are told that if someone expects special treatment on account of owning an Aria give it to them. Touch Wood.

Presently my brakes too are fine and am told that they will continue till 40k kms so no need to change even the brake pads.

Have some minor issues about which I will update on my thread once I get the car from service. Have also asked for some extra stuff to be done under warranty but nothing critical as in the case of all three of you.

For those in Mumbai would recommend Wasan at Chembur at least on the basis of my experience so far. The SA (Reserved for Safari and Aria) has been good and extended all possible support till now.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 14:26   #150
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^ To additionally clarify why I mentioned 40K for the brake bads is that - that would be a reasonable time after which stuff like Brake Pads, Clutch and certain suspension components can be replaced if required at a charge without us feeling shortchanged.

By the way the Goodyear Wrangler tyres do start getting quite worn out post 27k kms and that is a bit too soon. I believe they have changed to Bridgestones in later vehicles and those are supposed to be better. Lets see how that goes.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks