Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2012, 10:18   #196
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Any update on when the car will be delivered bravo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Aria engine failed? So soon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Wow engine seizing is a real shocker. Looks like the TASS really bungled up bad here. They should have caught the fault much earlier.
Here is few more to add to my woes.
I got a call from Siyaram motors, Agra on 21th(Saturday) that a new engine and turbo has been fitted, we are inspecting and testing the car and it will be ready for delivery by 23th (Monday). I reconfirmed the delivery date, since i ll have to take a leave for Monday and have to travel (200+ km) all the way from Delhi to collect the car.
I was there at 11 am on 23rd Jan only to find cracks on front wind screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-20120123_142721.jpg  

bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2012, 10:39   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Here is few more to add to my woes......
I was there at 11 am on 23rd Jan only to find cracks on front wind screen.

I was planning a closer look at the Aria - especially interested in the AT version they displayed at the expo. But your experiences (and also others on this thread) are a caution tale. Something is seriously wrong at TASS if their top-of-the-line product has so many major issues AND they are handled in such a shoddy manner.

When will TATA Motors realize that their product quality and A.S.S both need a major overhaul.
Old 5th February 2012, 11:43   #198
BHPian

My ques was "When did it happen?"
The reply" probably on Sunday!! When we left on Sat evening the front screen was alright, and when we reopened the workshop on Monday morning we discovered this crack. sunday we are closed"
Next ques "How did it happen?"
The reply " The car must be having a pre existing crack, and it only elongated in our workshop"
ques 3 " Why didnt you notice it when you took the car for repairs?"
Ans: (1 min silence)
ques 4: " The car was with you for last 23 days why it happen only on the day of delivery?"
Ans: (2 min silence) " Sir, we will replace it under insurance, but( in a low tone) the difference will be deducted form the mechanics salary"
Ques 5: " I want to discuss it with the service manager"
(for reasons 1. the front visor had a v kool film installed. 2. i was feeling sad for the poor guy.)
Ans: "The service manager will be there in about an hour"
Alright go ahead with the replacement, and let me know when he is available.

while the windscreen was being replaced i tried to investigate the cause of crack, only to be told by one of the mechanics that it happened when the engine was being removed it hit the wind screen. On sat it was a small crack, hardly noticeable, but it elongated over next two days.
I met the manager at 2 pm After 2 hours of negotiation he agreed
1. To pay for insurance difference.
2. to pay for no claim bonus (NCB) difference. (I was issued a certificate for the same)
3. To pay Rs 10000/- for front screen film. (There is no v kool dealer in agra)
4. The car to be delivered to my relatives place ( As it will take 10-12 hours for the wind screen adhesive to dry up, so couldnt to delivered the same day)

I came back to Delhi empty handed.
The car was finally delivered to my relatives on 25th Jan.
There was some oil dripping from the rear portion of the car on 25th. They opened the boot to find a can full of old engine oil without a lid, which had drenched in oil the rear portion of the car completely
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-20120123_181454.jpg  

Old 5th February 2012, 12:19   #199
BHPian

I laid hands over the car on 1st feb. They engine is working fine, but the quality of work is pathetic.

The rt A pillar cover is hanging loose

Name:  A pillar.jpg
Views: 1871
Size:  148.3 KB

Scars over the airbag cover and A pillar

Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-airbag.jpg

Dont even have to proper tools to remove the covers?

Front bumper cover missing (the one which covers the towing assembly)

Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-tow.jpg

4 The car interiors( roof lining) completely soiled.

Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-interior1.jpg

Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-interior-2.jpg

5. Boot is drenched in oil

Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-boot.jpg

Oil still dripping for the rear portion of the car.

They did clean the front and middle row but forgot the 3rd row seats, It was covered with 2 mm thick layer of dust.

And not to forget it took 25 days to get the car repaired.

My joy of owning a new car is completely killed . This Aria looks like a used tata taxi now.

This is the last Tata vehicle i have purchased, I m gonna get rid of it soon and move to 'Q' class
bravo82in is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2012, 12:55   #200
BHPian

Quote:
In btwn, Another Aria is added to the list of car failures. That Aria stalled for 3 times till now. That guy is so pissed of that whenever they are traveling out of station, they take all cars but the Aria. It supposedly stalled once while he was traveling with local MLA
When I bought Aria i wanted to sell off my 4 yr old 85000 km run Estilo, but a wise gentleman gave me an advise to keep it as a second car as you never now when Tata vehicles fail and how long it will take to get it repaired. Now i realise how wise he was. I can still trust my old estilo for out station trip but ever an Aria again.
Here are few non-bhpians to add to the list

Dont Buy 3638 | CarDekho.com

BRAKE FAILURE PROBLEM,DON'T PURCHASE IT 3317 | CarDekho.com
Old 5th February 2012, 18:33   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LIOS View Post

I was planning a closer look at the Aria - especially interested in the AT version they displayed at the expo
You can go ahead with the car if you want to be a part of the R&D of Tata motors for next 4-5 yrs. You can contribute a lot towards improvement of future models.
Old 5th February 2012, 22:29   #202
BHPian

Quote:
You can go ahead with the car if you want to be a part of the R&D of Tata motors for next 4-5 yrs. You can contribute a lot towards improvement of future models.
OMG this is a total travesty. I am surprised that you can still smile in your post. I would have been in deep depression by now.

I suggest that you need to take this up with TATA MOTORS asap. How can they do such shoddy work.

And never go to this workshop again. Find another one.

Also get full interior detailing done.

I hope at least the engine is working fine. I hope that's the only consolation.

Really bad job TATA MOTORS. Even though I am still not having any issues with the ARIA, I will never recommend it anybody.

All the best

Cheers
Old 6th February 2012, 11:28   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My ques was "When did it happen?"
The reply" probably on Sunday!!
There was some oil dripping from the rear portion of the car on 25th. They opened the boot to find a can full of old engine oil without a lid, which had drenched in oil the rear portion of the car completely
This is not what you expect when you buy a premium product.

Have you tried mailing to the higher ups?
Old 6th February 2012, 11:39   #204
BHPian

Quote:
My joy of owning a new car is completely killed . This Aria looks like a used tata taxi now.

This is the last Tata vehicle i have purchased, I m gonna get rid of it soon and move to \'Q\' class
That is some really shoddy work done by Tata Motors. And dealers across India for Tata seem to be the same. Hope the car works fine atleast now.

@Sahakar, all the best and hope you have happy miles on your purchase. I feel the base model should be atleast safe from the electrical issues that the top End is facing.
Old 6th February 2012, 12:20   #205
BHPian

Quote:
I laid hands over the car on 1st feb. They engine is working fine, but the quality of work is pathetic.
That was downright crazy man. My tiny Figo was handled a lot more professionally then this 15L+ car. Feel sorry for you and hope Tata wakes up soon.
Old 7th February 2012, 11:43   #206
BHPian

Quote:
@Sahakar, all the best and hope you have happy miles on your purchase. I feel the base model should be atleast safe from the electrical issues that the top End is facing.
Thanks @ Indian21r. I sure hope so. That's the only reason I went for the lowest one, to keep my mean time to failure as high as possible.

I am aware failure is gonna happen, after all its a TATA and seeing so many Arias having trouble, it will be a clear long shot if I never get hit. Just trying to delay it as possible.

Cheers
Old 7th February 2012, 14:39   #207
BHPian

Quote:
This Aria looks like a used tata taxi now.

This is the last Tata vehicle i have purchased, I m gonna get rid of it soon and move to 'Q' class
I am really sorry for what had happened. The kind of work that was carried out is not really happening. Will the SA or Service Managers car is returned in such state, will they accept it? I don't wanna smell grease & oil in an almost brand new car. I don't know how much will be your losses if you are selling the car, but end of the day, one must live peacefully.

Somehow I have never liked any TATA cars from the beginning. They make good AD's and that's about it. But, did they tell you the exact reason for the engine cease?

Cheers,
Jai
Old 7th February 2012, 15:58   #208
BHPian

Oh!! Tata, Tata, Tata!! What should we do with you?.. Ive gone through this whole thread and seen a lot of comments like "Outrageous/ Shocking/ Appalled" but i read through with only a sense of deja vu of previous Tata/ Skoda Ownership reviews.

If the same things happened in a Toyota I would then have been suitably outraged shocked and appalled.

Did any one get my point?

We have seen their shoddy quality and service. We have been witnesses to their ineptness and lack of sensitivity to their customers needs.

Many of our fellow Bhpians have shared their agony with us and yet we go out and buy more Tata's. Why?

Let me share from my life here. We bought a Sumo way back in early 2000-2001 and after barely 60k-80k kilometers it gave up the ghost and was disposed off quietly. There were numerous issues with it..brake failure, brake shudder, Power steering failure, gear box failure and eventually the engine too decided to join the bandwagon.

Sound Familiar?

Then and there it was decided never to touch Tata product again...ever.

In 2003 a Qualis was bought and after 2 lac kms stills runs like it was bought last week. Breakdowns since 2003..let me see..NIL.

The Fortuner in avatar pic has done 50k kms and was bought in Dec 2009. Breakdowns?..you guessed it..NIL

I feel your pain. (I too have owned a lemon in the form of an Opel Astra TD which was sold for the princely sum of 40,000/-)

I shudder to think of my reaction or retaliation at the service staff at the workshops if i had been treated this way.

The only way a company listens is when their bottom line gets affected. There hasnt been one Tata Skoda customer in any of my friends, relatives acquaintances and their uncles because i have shared with them the horror stories like this one of existing Tata/Skoda customers.

Most of them have bought Toyota's and have thanked me afterwards.

The only thing i can suggest is to bite the bullet and sell the Aria as soon as you can, while you may still get some decent money from it. Do not be lulled into any false state of security if the car does not break down for about a few weeks or months..that should only come if a vehicle does not break down for a few years.

Sell them now. While there is still time.

Last edited by Manuuj : 7th February 2012 at 15:59.
Manuuj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 20:16   #209
Senior - BHPian

I do not know what to say after reading your experience. Please, please take this up legally and sue TATA. Don't let go. I'd say sue them in a manner they take back the car and refund ever penny and more. If not, just ask for a complete refund. I hope to see your case result come up positive in the newspapers. It is about time TATA is thrashed for all the rubbish they build. Oh, and I drive a part TATA built car so I'm probably in the same boat as you.

Selling it will be a huge loss as the service history is terrible in such a short time frame.

As suggested by another Team bhp member, you have to use the car, send it to 3M for complete detailing. It will set you back by about 10k. It does not matter. You need transportation for the time being.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 23:36   #210
BHPian

It is really sad and frustrating to learn the sad experiences of 'bravo82in' and 'indian21r'.
We need to some how teach these guys a lesson by not buying these cars and send a message that it is mandatory for cars to be reliable irrespective of price point.
At the end of the day it is our hard earned money and we should not be taken for a ride.
The other day I drove the new vista quadrajet and found it quite nice to drive, but if someone asks me if i would like to own one then my answer would be 'no'.
It is just my personal opinion that i'm yet to find confidence in the 'TATA' brand to put my money on it.
It is not that the 'Honda' and 'Toyota' have issues, but at least they acknowlege and get it rectified once and for all. It is horrible to buy a new car and keep visiting the service station every other month for some issue or other.

Cheers and Good Luck in your fight.
MKP
mkpiyengar is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks