Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2012, 23:38   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
The car is yet to come back from the service center after the accident.
Looks like major delay is due to Insurance. In cases like this, they should salvage the car and provide you with a brand new car. I am not sure fitting a new chasis etc is common. I am sure that wont be in stock anywhere, so the delay is somewhat understandable. But agree 3+ months is too long for any repair.
Old 18th July 2012, 10:25   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Looks like major delay is due to Insurance. In cases like this, they should salvage the car and provide you with a brand new car. I am not sure fitting a new chasis etc is common. I am sure that wont be in stock anywhere, so the delay is somewhat understandable. But agree 3+ months is too long for any repair.
Yeah Man they should have done that. If they are replacing the chassis, I guess we will have to get that on the RC as well. They are now saying that car will be delivered on 23rd July. Keeping Fingers crossed.

By the way any idea if the new Aria's being sold are more reliable. Do not see many posts from recent purchases
Old 18th July 2012, 10:39   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r
By the way any idea if the new Aria's being sold are more reliable. Do not see many posts from recent purchases
Based on the number and frequency of issues you faced, I am tempted to call yours two lemons. However given that team-BHP is actually a very small sample of the overall, it is rather improbable that there aren't any more.

What is the update on the other one?
Old 18th July 2012, 23:38   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Based on the number and frequency of issues you faced, I am tempted to call yours two lemons. However given that team-BHP is actually a very small sample of the overall, it is rather improbable that there aren't any more.

What is the update on the other one?
Agreed TBHP is a very small community compared to the % of sales of cars, but then why did NOT aria set sales charts on fire like Fortuner/XUV/Innova/Ertiga et all.

Tata does not have a good brand image compared to its competitors and secondly, a person buying a 18 lakh rupee vehicle WILL be internet savvy and try to read ownership reviews on the Net. I am sure many prospective Aria buyers have read this thread and moved away to competitors.
  • There is an XUV niggles thread, but still XUV outsells Aria
  • There is a Scorpio niggles thread, but still Scorpio outsells Safari
  • Bolero Outsells Sumo
  • Xylo outsells Grande
Tata must provide spares quicky to its 2 million rupee customers. Accident repairs for 3+ months is no-way acceptable by industry standards. Heck even in Ford Model T days, turnaround time was faster.

Just Check prices of used Arias which have less than 10,000 kms on the ODO. Prices are appalingly low. Even if prices seem "lucrative" people stay away from Tata products except for those hardcore Tata Fans.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 18th July 2012 at 23:40.
scopriobharath is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th August 2012, 15:59   #275
BHPian

Hope the car has come back and is performing well. I recently test drove an Aria and was kind of impressed, but looking at the price tag and some history and my prior experience with Tata (I still own a Marina which has closed 90k since 2007) I was kind of skeptical.

What I have found is the delays are primary are from the insurance related claim thing. If it was fully paid by the owner the body shop and service center will swing into action double time. They would however ask for some advance in that case. Anyway, to address the delay part I would suggest you keep corresponding to the CRM or Service Manager and no one else. Keep all transactions as emails and give them a rating like 2-3 in your feedback. This will alert your case with the TM and CMIL management. After few of my own complaints and cribs and escalations on some issue with my Marina I am treated like a king there. People don't date to mess with me anymore. Anyway, I now how to get my job done like a charm.
Old 21st September 2012, 11:07   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinih75 View Post
Hope the car has come back and is performing well. I recently test drove an Aria and was kind of impressed, but looking at the price tag and some history and my prior experience with Tata (I still own a Marina which has closed 90k since 2007) I was kind of skeptical.

What I have found is the delays are primary are from the insurance related claim thing. If it was fully paid by the owner the body shop and service center will swing into action double time. They would however ask for some advance in that case. Anyway, to address the delay part I would suggest you keep corresponding to the CRM or Service Manager and no one else. Keep all transactions as emails and give them a rating like 2-3 in your feedback. This will alert your case with the TM and CMIL management. After few of my own complaints and cribs and escalations on some issue with my Marina I am treated like a king there. People don't date to mess with me anymore. Anyway, I now how to get my job done like a charm.
Nope man the car is still not back. Infact I was just asked by my admin team to help them resolve this issue.

It seems like an insurance delay, but we keep getting information that parts are not available. So I asked for a timeline of the latest communication from my office. Let me see what the dealer is saying.
Old 7th October 2012, 12:32   #277
BHPian

Oh dear... its really bad.. Hope you have reached out to the CRM and Service Manager in your dealership. You can first have a discussion and later email to his ID your complaint. This will ensure prompt response to you. Also you can log your issue in this URL http://www.concordemotors.com/Custom...evanceBox.aspx. Together this will ensure you get a proper response. The complaint raised on the URL goes to CML and not the dealership. This way dealer cannot hide behind excuses. Hope this helps.
Old 8th October 2012, 11:56   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Oh dear... its really bad.. Hope you have reached out to the CRM and Service Manager in your dealership. You can first have a discussion and later email to his ID your complaint. This will ensure prompt response to you. Also you can log your issue in this URL http://www.concordemotors.com/Custom...evanceBox.aspx. Together this will ensure you get a proper response. The complaint raised on the URL goes to CML and not the dealership. This way dealer cannot hide behind excuses. Hope this helps.
I have received communication from my team which showed that the car is ready on 20th September 2012, more than 5 months after the accident. But looks like there is an issue with the Insurance. Total Cost according to Workshop is Rs 390,036/- with Insurance Liability of Rs 261,314/-. Following is order of top expensive items:

1. Wiring harness Main RHD - Rs 76,500/- , 50% depreciation item took bad hit here
2. Assembly Frame Complete - Rs 64,600/- , 5%
3. Assembly Dashboard - Rs 18,500/-
4. Compressor Scroll Mhi Qs Pully - 15,000/-
5. Air bag ECU 8 Loop Rs 12000/-
6. Steering Wheel assembly with air bag - Rs 9000/-

Total 65 parts replaced apart from oils, alignment etc. after seeing the insurance report, I feel that atleast for the first 3 years Zero Depreciation makes sense.
indian21r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 14:48   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
To me the 3 plus months of delay seems to be a combination of service centre first, followed by TATA followed by the insurance guys as well. I guess for chassis replacement work a months wait is expected but this seems to be a case spoilt by all three mentioned by getting and giving approvals and ordering material in series rather than at one go. Customer is placed last in importance. Sad.
True that, I had to wait for almost for a month to get the chassis for the safari. They took another 2 weeks to get everything in place and tested the car for a week (at least that is what they claimed).
Just in case: please make sure that they chuck the previous chassis (or scratch off the chassis number) and the new chassis has the old chassis number.
bantejas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 20:08   #280
BHPian

Quote:
I have received communication from my team which showed that the car is ready on 20th September 2012, more than 5 months after the accident. But looks like there is an issue with the Insurance. Total Cost according to Workshop is Rs 390,036/- with Insurance Liability of Rs 261,314/-. Following is order of top expensive items:

1. Wiring harness Main RHD - Rs 76,500/- , 50% depreciation item took bad hit here
2. Assembly Frame Complete - Rs 64,600/- , 5%
3. Assembly Dashboard - Rs 18,500/-
4. Compressor Scroll Mhi Qs Pully - 15,000/-
5. Air bag ECU 8 Loop Rs 12000/-
6. Steering Wheel assembly with air bag - Rs 9000/-

Total 65 parts replaced apart from oils, alignment etc. after seeing the insurance report, I feel that atleast for the first 3 years Zero Depreciation makes sense.
Good to know there has been a change in the status! I would recommend you get your engine and transmission flushed before you take delivery of the vehicle. This way you can ensure that no impurities will creep into critical engine components (turbo, engine block, etc.). When my Marina was given for repair after a collision it too took about 40 odd days. Back then I didn't do any flush etc. and took the car as-is. Later a lot of niggles crept in. Most of them had to do with injectors, engine block etc. There was some metal piece filing which had got into the engine block probably through the ruptured oil tank (which had got cut as part of the accident I had) which led it to get attached to the engine block and it had burnt out (this is the theory from CMIL which is very much plausible). This had made a hole near to one of the injectors and it developed a leak in compression. It took CMIL about 18 months to identify this issue and later got fixed. Similarly my turbo also got impacted because of the vehicle sitting idle and having some impurities getting into the system (oil tank related).

I am not saying this may happen to you but better take that precaution. Hope your ride comes back in its pristine condition and you get to enjoy the Aria!
srinih75 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2012, 11:41   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
True that, I had to wait for almost for a month to get the chassis for the safari. They took another 2 weeks to get everything in place and tested the car for a week (at least that is what they claimed).
Just in case: please make sure that they chuck the previous chassis (or scratch off the chassis number) and the new chassis has the old chassis number.
Quote:
Good to know there has been a change in the status! I would recommend you get your engine and transmission flushed before you take delivery of the vehicle.
I am not saying this may happen to you but better take that precaution. Hope your ride comes back in its pristine condition and you get to enjoy the Aria!
Thanks guys. I will ask my team to look into these
Old 6th March 2014, 12:13   #282
BHPian

I request the mods to close this thread as I will no longer be able to provide updates on the car.

Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 13:20   #283
BHPian

Quote:
I request the mods to close this thread as I will no longer be able to provide updates on the car.

Thanks

Can you share the reason? Has the car not been delivered to you yet or have you sold it? Just wanted to know, its ok if you don't want to share.
Old 6th March 2014, 13:30   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Can you share the reason? Has the car not been delivered to you yet or have you sold it? Just wanted to know, its ok if you don't want to share.
Nothing like that MAC. I am no longer with the firm and will not get feedback on the cars. Hence I wanted to close this thread.
indian21r is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed