Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2012, 08:16   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

Some time back, I had mentioned in another thread that although Aria sales don't appear to be great, no niggles were reported in the car and Tata should be happy. Then this thread appeared!!

The problems don't seem to be one-off and many of them are major issues that can't even be termed as niggles.

The Aria was spotted so many times in different places before it was launched. Now I wonder if Tata was really testing the car or were the test drivers on some pleasure trip in the new vehicle.
Old 11th February 2012, 15:25   #212
BHPian

Tatas can never improve. The matter is being taken up with the bosses and they promptly agreed to change what ever damage has been done and do a thorough dry cleaning of the car. Autolinks motors, Rama road was assigned the job as it nearest to my place. The tow assembly cover was replaced. The boot tray A pillar and air bag cover were not available and will be replaced soon. The interiors were cleaned. Let the post dry clean pics (taken after 36 hrs,) say the rest
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-interiors-post-dry-clean-3.jpg  

Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-interiors-post-dry-clean-4.jpg  

Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-interiors-post-dry-clean-5.jpg  

Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-interiors-post-dry-clean-6.jpg  

Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-interiors-post-dry-clean-2.jpg  

Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-interiors-post-dry-clean-1.jpg  

Last edited by bravo82in : 11th February 2012 at 15:29.
Old 11th February 2012, 15:35   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Tatas can never improve. The matter is being taken up with the bosses and they promptly agreed to change what ever damage has been done and do a thorough dry cleaning of the car. Autolinks motors, Rama road was assigned the job as it nearest to my place. The tow assembly cover was replaced. The boot tray A pillar and air bag cover were not available and will be replaced soon. The interiors were cleaned. Let the post dry clean pics (taken after 36 hrs,) say the rest
Okay, so from bad it got worse.

What is this Autolinks Motors? Some private detailing centre? Why did you accept delivery of the car when it was not cleaned to your satisfaction? What does the TATA guys have to say on this?
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 16:50   #214
BHPian

Autolink motors is Tata authorized dealer and workshop. It was bosses at TATA who had assigned Autolink motors the job to undo the damage done at Siyaram motors Agra. A driver came to deliver the car late in the evening when the stains were hardly noticeably. I should have checked it properly and refused accepting the car

Last edited by bravo82in : 11th February 2012 at 16:52.
Old 12th February 2012, 01:39   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
I am surprised that you can still smile in your post.

I suggest that you need to take this up with TATA MOTORS asap.

Find another one.

I hope at least the engine is working fine. I hope that's the only consolation.
I am smiling in fact laughing at myself that i was such a fool to have trusted TATA and was willing to be robbed of rs 18 lacs.

The problem with tata workshop is they are all the same, i got my interiors done at Autolinks motor and things went from bad to worse.

The new engine is the only consolidation though the mileage has come done from 12kmpl to 8 kmpl. Hope this improves with service and by that time i will get rid of this junk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Have you tried mailing to the higher ups?
All this happened in full knowledge of tata bosses. Its the attitude that matters and they lack it completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Hope the car works fine atleast now.
Just a hope and i know its short lived. Let me get out of the trauma and ill get rid of the word TATA from life for ever. I wont let my next generation hear the word TATA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
My tiny Figo was handled a lot more professionally then this 15L+ car.
Tatas can never improve. They have that 'chalta hai' attitude. I have been using maruti cars for ages and have never seen such kind of un professional attitude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
I am aware failure is gonna happen, after all its a TATA and seeing so many Arias having trouble, it will be a clear long shot if I never get hit. Just trying to delay it as possible.
It was really wise to go for the base version. Fingers crossed all goes well. Wish ur Aria is built to last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertouchme View Post
But, did they tell you the exact reason for the engine cease?

Cheers,
Jai
Not yet. I spoke to the utility vehicle head and all he said was we are investigating your case and will update you soon. Of course they got something new to do R& D and improve future models. But what about my trauma and agony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Oh!! Tata, Tata, Tata!! What should we do with you?...
Yes i was a fool who despite knowing every thing dared to burn my fingers. Just thought the product is good and i can handle the TASS. certainly not. The car is such a headache i cant live with it any longer. I am gonna get rid of it soon. What ever be the financial loss its better than the constant headache i am facing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
It is really sad and frustrating to learn the sad experiences of 'bravo82in' and 'indian21r'.

MKP
I was not expecting bullet proof reliability from TATAs. They certainly can not match the Japanese counter parts but certainly can improve the quality of service. In today's world it not the product but the after sale service that actually matters and thats the winning edge. When will Tatas learn this blunt fact.

Last edited by bravo82in : 12th February 2012 at 01:41.
bravo82in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 09:26   #216
BHPian

@bravo really sad to see that they destroyed the only thing which is not prone to failure (Interiors). what is the training that Tata is giving to its dealers apart from making the service experience a hassel for majority of car owners across India.

Are our benchmarks of satisfaction so low?

Last edited by indian21r : 13th February 2012 at 09:30.
Old 13th February 2012, 11:12   #217
Senior - BHPian

Does a TATA A.S.S. even have the equipment to clean a soiled cabin?

I know I am asking for too much, but TATA should have taken the car to a proper detailing centre. They should clean their own mess.
Old 20th February 2012, 08:21   #218
BHPian

The interior detailing was redone by the same dealer and its pretty neat now. Why did the dealer do such a shabby work initially; obviously lack of will power.
The plastic parts that were damaged by siyaram motors, agra are now available and will get them replaced in a day or two but only after waiting for 10 days

But here is few more to add to my woes
1. The outer half / shoulder of the both the front tyres have worn down completely at 10000km. why?
The steering was mal aligned from day one of delivery. Wheel alignment was done at 5000 kms at Nawal motors, mathura but failed to rectify the issue. The alignment was again done at Dhingra motors Gurgaon and now tyres worn out at 10000kms. I got the wheel alignment done twice in under 10k kms The Aria manual clearly says first alignment must be done at 15k kms but I still ended up with worn out tyres. Something is seriously wrong with the product or the quality of service.
Am i wrong some where or did I miss something?
Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-20120218_103242.jpg

2. The speedo display has mal functioned. It keeps flicking between the various modes on its own.

I need peace of mind now. I am sick and tired of the endless issues this car has and the quality of work at any of the workshops.

Tata A.S.S. do more harm than good to their cars.

Last edited by bravo82in : 20th February 2012 at 08:28.
Old 20th February 2012, 11:15   #219
BHPian

Quote:
1. The outer half / shoulder of the both the front tyres have worn down completely at 10000km. why?
Wow that is really bad. Were they able to trace where the issue is or will you be forced to changes tyres every 10 Kms? What is the opinion of the service advisor?
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 13:24   #220
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But here is few more to add to my woes
The steering was mal aligned from day one of delivery. Wheel alignment was done at 5000 kms at Nawal motors, mathura but failed to rectify the issue. The alignment was again done at Dhingra motors Gurgaon and now tyres worn out at 10000kms. I got the wheel alignment done twice in under 10k kms The Aria manual clearly says first alignment must be done at 15k kms but I still ended up with worn out tyres. Attachment 890765

2. The speedo display has mal functioned. It keeps flicking between the various modes on its own.
1A. If you have goodyears get them to replace the tyres to bridgestones. If they are already bridgestone then escallate to customer support from the convenience of your office via emails and get them to solve the allignment / suspension problem when you do take the car to them for the next service. Here if you are not gunning for a tyre replacement then it will make better sense to get the problem solved sooner rather than later. Get a feeling one of the two or both the service centres did not really have very competent persons doing the allignment and someone goofed up.

Do note if this problem is just on the outer side then it is something to do with allignment or SIMS that they use to keep the tyre straight. If it is on both the innner and outer side of the tyres on both tyres then you are running too low a tyre pressure. I keep all 4 tyres at min of 32 and max of 34.

2A. Had the speedo display issue (I guess you are referring to the MID display) you will need to get the indicator stalk replaced at the next service. (and they will do it) I too got it done, No need to hurry there, just take a snap / video of the problem on the phone and keep it saved to show it to them as the problem tends to not occur when you want to show it to the service guys.

Last edited by ACM : 20th February 2012 at 13:27.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 23:29   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Wow that is really bad. Were they able to trace where the issue is or will you be forced to changes tyres every 10 Kms? What is the opinion of the service advisor?
I have brought the issue to the notice of TATA motors, and awaiting their response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
1A.
Do note if this problem is just on the outer side then it is something to do with allignment or SIMS that they use to keep the tyre straight. If it is on both the innner and outer side of the tyres on both tyres then you are running too low a tyre pressure. I keep all 4 tyres at min of 32 and max of 34.

2A. No need to hurry there, just take a snap / video of the problem on the phone and keep it saved to show it to them as the problem tends to not occur when you want to show it to the service guys.
1. The car is running on bridgestone already. The problem is probably due to incompetence of the staff handling the Aria. Wrote to tata motors 3 days back, no response yet. Since only the outer margin is getting eroded, it has to do with the alignment itself.

2. Yes i was referring to the MID display. Thats an excellent idea to make a video of the issue as it reoccurs rather irregularly. When it comes to replacement under warranty TASS do it promptly. I am really not bothered with issue of MID display but tyre wear is certainly a cause of worry.

Last edited by bravo82in : 20th February 2012 at 23:36.
Old 21st February 2012, 22:43   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
1A. If you have goodyears get them to replace the tyres to bridgestones.
Just out of curiosity, are Goodyear tires so bad that outer will wear out in 10K kilometers. Is the pen or the poet at fault for a bad poem?

@bravo: When alignment is done at dealerships, they almost always check only Toe in/Toe out as correcting this is very simple. A potential issue is the that the castor/camber needs to corrected with shims. This is a lengthy process and many times, they don't bother to do it. I had the same issue with my scorpio until I forced the dealer to spend a couple of hours fixing the castor/camber.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 23:42   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Just out of curiosity, are Goodyear tires so bad that outer will wear out in 10K kilometers. Is the pen or the poet at fault for a bad poem?
My Santro has Goodyear right from 2007 (factory Set). One tyre wore out in 6 months / 2000 kms. I got it replaced (paid) and from that day till date (5 years, 40,000 kms) it performs as good as new and there is no problems till date.

As rightly pointed out, I did perform the Balancing / alignment once in 6 months (Km usage is very less)
Old 22nd February 2012, 12:11   #224
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Nope infact my Goodyears were going quite fine till about 20,000 kms. I had major issues with them by the time they were at 22,000 kms. But then they were really bad by then. The suspension was checked and found to be fine as was the alligment and the car was not pulling to any side either.

Had them replace all 5 tyres with Bridgestone ones without having to really exert my self too much. I simply told them that I would not be paying the run tyre differnential as I would then be left with one tyre of a different brand and that incase a tyre debth calculation is done a they wish that I pay for the difference vs new tyres of a different brand, I would rather they infact pay me the difference and let me choose the tyre and brand of my selection. Basically explained my position to them over a call and they did agree that the inconvenience cannot be valued correctly and that they should replace all 5 tyres on their own Free of Cost so that I do not end up with one of a different brand disabling the tyre rotation option. They replaced all 5 tyres for me at 29,500kms. I did cope up with a jumpy ride for a few k kms but gave the car for service only when due so that I did not have to make multiple visits to the service centre. Did learn from the service advisors of others with goodyears facing issues quite early one and also getting their tyres replaced, but that those with Bridgestones were fine.

Agree
Nope the tyres do not and should not wear out at 10k kms. But there would be difference in usage patters. But most likely the cause in this case was/is poor allignment skill a the service centre and they seemed to have goofed up.

FYI
Feel the Bridgestones that I have on now should last 40-60K kms - lets see. Have now completed 37,000 kms (7k with the newer set).
Old 28th February 2012, 21:07   #225
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
during monsoons if I am following an Indica I keep enough gap so that in case the Indica conks out, I (and consequently the traffic) won't get stuck behind it. I have been saved thrice including a flaming
one .
@souravc .. What type of Indica was that ? I bet, a taxi ! Even a Merc would give way considering the maintenance they are subjected to ! Why single out the manufacturer for that ? What do you have to say about the ramshacle Qualis' on the roads today ? Wouldn't they conk off as well ? How about the Tavera's - the call centre cabs ?

Look at that segment - it is dominated with Tavera, Sumo, Xylo AND the Innova. I wish I had some pictures of tattered Innova'a going around like lame ducks and spewing black clouds of smoke to show you.

The point here - given the abuse these home-grown vehicles are subjected to - the fact that they still lumber on - point to their robustness and reliability, no ? Can you guarantee the same for the Innova ? No, in my opinion .. the Qualis is a fine example.

My point - If you care for a machine, it will stay reliable, whoever the manufacturer. TATA and Mahindra have proven that absorption of technology, especially diesel engines, is world class. Lemons do exist with all manufacturers, you will find Fiesta's and Ikon;s in that list on t-bhp too. How would you justify that ?
lifebuoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks