Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:34   #241
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
How's ur Aria doing Rahul ? Have the issues with the clutch cropped up again, assuming they must have done 5 digit miles by now. Recently an Aria parked near my M800 in front of my bank and I was able to appreciate how much more bigger it was than the Innova. It sheet metal seems of the scorpio grade and much stiffer than the Innova's wafer-like body panels. No wonder then that the driver and passenger's escaped major injuries even in a frontal collision. This thing is built like a tank, now if only the internals were error-free.
They were unable to generate estimate for the vehicle for almost 3 weeks saying that their CRMDMS system was down. By the way I got feedback saying that the Chassis got damaged, additional details are awaited. Until the Chassis comes from the plant, the rest of work will not start
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 20:20   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
They were unable to generate estimate for the vehicle for almost 3 weeks saying that their CRMDMS system was down. By the way I got feedback saying that the Chassis got damaged, additional details are awaited. Until the Chassis comes from the plant, the rest of work will not start
Do you have any pictures of the vehicle after the accident? Bit curious to know the condition of Aria after the frontal impact, Safety was the deciding factors for me, when I picked Aria.
Old 4th May 2012, 09:37   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANUJ GEORGE View Post
Do you have any pictures of the vehicle after the accident? Bit curious to know the condition of Aria after the frontal impact, Safety was the deciding factors for me, when I picked Aria.
I do not have them with me right now. But I will check with my team. Also I will see if we can get any pics from the service center as well
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 12:20   #244
BHPian

Here are some of the Pictures of the Collision between Aria and Tavera. It being a head on Collision both the Front Airbags got deployed. Nothing happened to the occupants of Aria. The Tavera driver was drunk
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-img_1015_1.jpg  

Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-img_1019.jpg  

Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-img_1021.jpg  

Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-img_1017.jpg  

Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-img_1016.jpg  

Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-img_1018.jpg  

indian21r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 12:50   #245
Senior - BHPian

Both cars seems to have exactly identical damages!

Glad to know that all the occupants were safe. Do update us with the costs involved for bringing the Aria back to shape.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 13:00   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Both cars seems to have exactly identical damages!
To me, it seems that the Aria has a slightly bent chassis while the Tavera's axle is gone. The monocoque structure has once again shown why it is superior to ladder on frame structure in crash safety.

Last edited by DevilsCry : 7th May 2012 at 13:02. Reason: Correction in spelling
DevilsCry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 13:05   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
To me, it seems that the Aria has a slightly bent chassis while the Tavera's axle is gone. The monocoque structure has once again shown why it is superior to ladder on frame structure in crash safety.
Which of the two has monocoque construction? I think, none.

And from the pics how do you deduce on the bent chassis part?
rrsteer is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 13:10   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
Both cars are built on LOF chassis buddy.
Old 7th May 2012, 15:51   #249
BHPian

Isn't it worrying to see the cracked windshield. I believe the so called crumple zone was supposed to take the impact racter than passing it on to the passenger cabin. Glad that the Airbags got deployed.

Thanks for posting the pictures, indian21r.

Last edited by ANUJ GEORGE : 7th May 2012 at 15:52.
Old 7th May 2012, 15:58   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Isn't it worrying to see the cracked windshield. I believe the so called crumple zone was supposed to take the impact racter than passing it on to the passenger cabin. Glad that the Airbags got deployed.
Personally, I don't think you should be worried. I feel the car has taken the impact quite well.
Old 7th May 2012, 16:26   #251
BHPian

Aria seems to have taken the hit well. Also the fact that both the airbags deployed is a positive sign. At least the safety features are working.

The tavera always seem to end up the way its seen. My Honda Accord was rear ended by one at high speed, except for bumper damage the Accord took the hit well but the Tavera ended up in a bad shape and stranded.
Old 7th May 2012, 16:58   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
The tavera always seem to end up the way its seen. My Honda Accord was rear ended by one at high speed, except for bumper damage the Accord took the hit well but the Tavera ended up in a bad shape and stranded.
In most cases, the front of a car always takes a heavier beating than the rear of a car.

The front is designed to crumple on impact whereas the rear of the car is built more rigid and tough.
Old 7th May 2012, 18:31   #253
BHPian

Thanks a lot for posting the pictures, indian21r... As an owner its gives me a good insight on how things would work.

If you don't mind me asking; Did the doors auto unlock as they were suppose to, also did the parking lights start blinking? I wanted to know as these features were advertised.

Quote:
Glad that the Airbags got deployed.
You know that makes me worry, We have paid for the Airbags... but I remember in the beginning of my ownership one day suddenly the Airbag malfunction light came on. The TASS fixed it in a day. Given their methods of solving problems... I have been paranoid ever since. The fact that my Aria still has issues bites me further. I hope those features that we paid for actually WORK!

Anyways, Good to see you back on the forum buddy!

Zap

Last edited by Zappex : 7th May 2012 at 18:33.
Old 8th May 2012, 09:37   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
Thanks a lot for posting the pictures, indian21r... As an owner its gives me a good insight on how things would work.

If you don't mind me asking; Did the doors auto unlock as they were suppose to, also did the parking lights start blinking? I wanted to know as these features were advertised.
Sorry Man I was not on the scene when the accident happened. But I will check with the driver when I see him. The estimate for the repair is Rs. 3,00,000/- When I had a word with the MD of the service center, he informed that there is scarcity of Parts for Aria. The spares will arrive in a couple of days. This is the closest Service center from Tata Motors Plant
Old 8th May 2012, 10:38   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Sorry Man I was not on the scene when the accident happened. But I will check with the driver when I see him. The estimate for the repair is Rs. 3,00,000/- When I had a word with the MD of the service center, he informed that there is scarcity of Parts for Aria. The spares will arrive in a couple of days. This is the closest Service center from Tata Motors Plant
3 Lac seems to be too steep for such a damage. So that means accident repairs are expensive with Arias.

Why do all TATAs have a spare parts issue? Cant they maintain their inventory properly? Heck, they even harass FIAT customers.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks