Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2016, 20:13   #556
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Attention all Swift/Dzire/Ertiga/New Baleno Owners!!

Was going through the latest accessory brochure which my MASS got today. Two of the most sought after accessories, for which often the owners turn towards online "universal" options, are now available as MGA

1. Front Armrest(Black for Swift,Baleno, Beige for Ertiga and Dzire)
2. Rear foldable Sunshade

Attaching the images of the brochure which carries the part numbers/prices for easy reference and visualization.

1. Brochure Image(Click to ZOOM)

Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-20160505_182019.jpg

2. Armrest

Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-20160505_182044.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 15:40   #557
BHPian

petrol or diesel considering proposed diesel ban by courts

Guys my parents are planning to buy Swift dzire. My father insists on diesel but I am insisting on petrol version as I am apprehensive about diesel car ban in NCR by courts and return of odd even rule. Moreover I can convert the petrol to cng which helps in bypassing odd even rule if its again implemented. My father commute daily is approx 70 kms. Suggestions needed.
Old 4th June 2016, 18:08   #558
BHPian

Re: petrol or diesel considering proposed diesel ban by courts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
Guys my parents are planning to buy Swift dzire. My father insists on diesel but I am insisting on petrol version as I am apprehensive about diesel car ban in NCR by courts and return of odd even rule. Moreover I can convert the petrol to cng which helps in bypassing odd even rule if its again implemented. My father commute daily is approx 70 kms. Suggestions needed.
I don't think the NGT can ban existing diesel cars(ones already purchase by people) to ply on roads. Moreover, the odd-even system is highly unlikely to be implemented again in NCR.

Moving away from these 2 concerns, with your running of approx 1500Kms a month, economically you can go in for both Diesel or Petrol.

Following points might help you make up your mind:

1. Diesel cars add to the fun factor because of the turbo kick, while petrols are silent & smooth cruisers.

2. Petrol cars tend to age much better, while diesel engines start producing louder noise as they cover more KMs. Also, diesel cars older than 10 years are not allowed to enter Delhi region, while for petrols the number is 15 years.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 14:50   #559
BHPian

Going to book new Swift Dzire. Does it rattle like old Swift ?

Thinking of booking new Maruti Dzire Zxi on coming weekend to replace my 10 year old Swift. I know this will raise eyebrows (facing same within family and outside), but I am firm on my decision. I did lots of TD's and though some cars have far better build quality (Polo), looks (Baleno), Brand (Jazz), handling (Punto), no car gets full marks. So, as a normal sensible "Indian", going to get Dzire.

Just a quick question to the existing New Dzire Zxi owners, does their car has rattling issues like old swift ?

Your assurance is going to seal the deal and will book my new Maruti on weekend.

So let the expert recommendations flow.

Mod Note : Post edited. Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th July 2016 at 07:44. Reason: See mod note
Old 18th July 2016, 14:54   #560
BHPian

re: Going to book new Swift Dzire. Does it rattle like old Swift ?

I dont think the Petrol versions are going to "Rattle" in the true sense of the word. Its the Diesel ones that have the famous rattling.

If thats not the answer, can you please elaborate on what you mean by rattling here in the context of a Petrol Car ?

Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 15:05   #561
BHPian

Mitz...I own petrol Swift (first generation) since 2005 and if "Rattle" is bit harsh word, we can call it as noisy when going over rough roads. I have travelled in my brother's Figo on rough roads outside Bangalore and Figo seems to be much quieter.
Keeping aside this...Swift is a gem in every other parameter. That's why after 1.2 lakh KM and 10 years I still love the machine.

Last edited by abhaybakshi : 18th July 2016 at 15:06.
Old 18th July 2016, 16:43   #562
BANNED

Hello, I own a 2013 Swift ZDi which has clocked 86,000 kms and it is rattle proof.

I am not sure and may be the earlier generation were rattle snakes but the latest versions are built better to prevent rattles unless one drives too rough over bad roads and doesn't slow down. Such cases a Fiat or a VW too would rattle.

All said and done, please go ahead with the booking. Congratulations in advance.
Old 18th July 2016, 17:02   #563
Senior - BHPian

I have a 4.5 year old Swift VXI clocked 35000 kms over badly potholed roads of Bangalore. No rattles to report till now. The build quality is far better than the earlier generation Swift which was owned by my father for a long time, which did suffer from a lot of rattling.

the current generation Dezire is pretty solidly put together, and while it may not be in the league of the Skodas and VWs, its certainly no pushover in the build quality department. Its pretty well put together with fairly elegant interiors as well, especially as compared to the earlier gen models.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 18th July 2016 at 17:04.
Old 24th July 2016, 09:25   #564
BHPian

Guys, need some advise.....Will be picking up a Dzire ZXi from Kiran Motors Motera Ahmedabad around 9th Aug. I am from delhi and am buying this car through Army Canteen. I need to fit a gear lock and few accessories immediately after delivery. Need some names of good accessory shops near Motera, preferably. Thanks!
Old 26th August 2016, 16:25   #565
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Does the Dzire come with the AC filter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Nopes, the dzire does not come with AC/cabin filter but surprisingly swift does.
Sorry to quote old posts but it is relevant here and hence quoting.

Since I'd read that the Dzire does not come with the Cabin/AC Filter, I'd been thinking of adding it during one of the services but somehow forgot.

This time, at the 70k service, I remembered and mentioned it to the service manager who immediately removed the glove box and voila what do we see there ? Yes, the Cabin/AC filter is already there
Obviously it is very dirty with some insects too!, so asked for it to be changed.

Car in question is a Swift Dzire first gen 2009 model VXi variant.

Last edited by NPV : 26th August 2016 at 16:26.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 17:04   #566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Car in question is a Swift Dzire first gen 2009 model VXi variant.
It may have happened that they installed it during one of the earlier services? Check the bill form previous services.

For my WagonR F10D too the ASC suggested to install one almost 4 years back when these filters were becoming popular and they realised it won't fit into this model and designed for K-Series (the Blue Eyed Boy variants).

Of course, if this was OE, then good enough
Old 27th August 2016, 11:50   #567
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
It may have happened that they installed it during one of the earlier services? Check the bill form previous services.
Though I was quite sure that the Cabin/AC Filter wasn't installed during the previous services, I did my due diligence by going back to review the complete service history of the car and checked every single service bill - No, it was never charged for and seeing the amount of dust when the glove box was removed, I'm quite sure it's a place in the car where no man has gone before

So, this should be OE fitted in all likelihood. Will try to get a photo of it when I get the car, the edges of the filter's housing/opening where it sits would be a giveaway - if it was installed later they would have had to pry open the lid/placeholder and there should be those tell tale signs on the plastic.

Last edited by NPV : 27th August 2016 at 11:53.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 08:59   #568
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki launches yet another limited edition- *Dzire Allure*

Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-allure1.jpg

Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-allure2.jpg

Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-allure3.jpg

Link to the webpage-Dzire Allure

Brochure-Dzire Allure's Brochure

Package details-Package details

Last edited by Leoshashi : 24th January 2017 at 09:04.
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 14:24   #569
Senior - BHPian

Limited Edition Dzire 'Allure' launched

Maruti suzuki has launched a limited edition Dzire called the Maruti Swift Dzire Allure. There are changes to both the exteriors and interiors of the car.

Exterior changes : Side skirt, chrome bumper corner protector, 'Allure' body graphics, Windows chrome kit, bootlid chrome garnish and an allure badge.

Interior changes : Dual tone beige and chocolate brown leather seat covers, a pair of ‘Allure’ branded pillows, leather steering wheel cover, faux wood garnish on the dashboard and door cards, a front centre armrest, ambient white lighting, option of a Nertz music system and beige floor carpets.

Pics :

Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-limitededitionmarutiswiftdzireallurepressimage.jpg

Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-limitededitionmarutiswiftdzireallureinteriorpressimage1024x432.jpg

Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-limitededitionmarutiswiftdzireallurebodygraphixspressimage.jpg

Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-limitededitionmarutiswiftdzireallurechromegarnishpressimage.jpg

Source and more pics at : IAB
TorqueyTechie is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 20:19   #570
BHPian

Re: Limited Edition Dzire 'Allure' launched

Thanks for sharing in.

1. Back has become too busy with too much of text on it now.
2. Side body graphics + text looks similar to "Storme" pattern.
3. Interior picture seems very refreshing and luxurious with the dual tone.
4. I hope the arm rest adds in more [functional] value to the interior space.

Net-Net - Seems like Maruti is getting ready for "Kite 5" launch !

Prem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks