Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2013, 23:46   #496
BHPian

re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Not very sure, but my own buying experience says that there would seldom be discounts on Dzire. The reason they are giving it now would be due to the year end.
When we had bought an Indica later, we realized that even in the starting few months, the dealers are head over heels to sell off their previous year's cars. So, wait till Xmas just in case you might get a good deal. Also, push them, even when you feel that they cant be pushed. With my personal experience, they do get pushed "in the end" when you make them feel that you won't buy if they don't give a discount/offer.
Old 23rd December 2013, 09:33   #497
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I will be taking the delivery of Dzire ZDi this week. Are there any must have accessories/upgrades that I should consider?
Old 23rd December 2013, 16:35   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Hi Guys,

I will be taking the delivery of Dzire ZDi this week. Are there any must have accessories/upgrades that I should consider?
Congrats Buddy!

You will love your car. Also, if you plan to love your new car for a very long time, I suggest that you do get the car detailing done to protect it.
Full body wax as well as Engine wax will help you maintain your car. And of course, we do have our experts here on this forum to throw more light.
Congrats again!
Old 23rd December 2013, 18:53   #499
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to fit steering mounted controls into the VDI model?
Old 23rd December 2013, 19:21   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
May not be possible if you try fitting the zdi sttering wheel as the zdi variant has an airbag on the steering and a completely different music system . You will have to remove the vdi music system and first check if there is a seprate connector at the back for steering mounted audio cable that comes from the steering wheel . It may be better to buy a universal steering remote which connects to your current music system in the vdi via infra red . And mount the universal remote on the steering wheel of the vdi .

Last edited by anky : 23rd December 2013 at 19:23.
Old 23rd December 2013, 23:28   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
No it is not possible. I have already enquired about it from Vipul Motors, Jaipur. :-)

As anky said, the best way is to go for a universal steering remote. Even I am searching for one.

Last edited by dZired : 23rd December 2013 at 23:29.
Old 2nd January 2014, 20:38   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
. Even I am searching for one.
Please let me know if you found one or whenever you find one and based on your feedback, I may get one for myself too
Old 6th January 2014, 17:24   #503
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I'm facing an issue with my windscreen wiper, one at the drivers end. It rests at the normal position and doesn't move when turned on. On inspection i could observe that the threading on the nut holding the wiper has worn out completely. It was quite frustrating as the car just 8 months old and there were hardly any rains in Chennai. I was told this is a rare case. What I would like to know is if this part will be covered under warranty and can be replaced without burning a hole in my pocket
Old 13th January 2014, 18:17   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh.n View Post
Hi Guys,

I was told this is a rare case. What I would like to know is if this part will be covered under warranty and can be replaced without burning a hole in my pocket
I don't see a reason why this should not be covered under warranty. How many kms has the car covered? Did you mention this problem during any of your service?

I also sometimes notice my wiper blade not returning to its normal resting place once operated, but it corrects itself the next time i operate it, so was not able to replicate it to the SA while getting the 2nd service done.
Old 16th January 2014, 15:37   #505
BHPian

I had not encountered this problem until the 2nd service. The problem cropped up recently. The car has done just over 5000 km.
Old 16th January 2014, 18:26   #506
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I'm facing an issue with my windscreen wiper, one at the drivers end. It rests at the normal position and doesn't move when turned on. On inspection i could observe that the threading on the nut holding the wiper has worn out completely. It was quite frustrating as the car just 8 months old and there were hardly any rains in Chennai. I was told this is a rare case. What I would like to know is if this part will be covered under warranty and can be replaced without burning a hole in my pocket
Quote:
I had not encountered this problem until the 2nd service. The problem cropped up recently. The car has done just over 5000 km.
Fight for it please. This is NOT a regular wear & tear item and clearly is a manufacturing defect. They also have mentioned that this is a "rare" problem which they acknowledge.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 15:34   #507
BHPian

My search for a compact diesel sedan below 9L led me to the gates of Auto Hi Tech, the Maruti dealer closest to my place.
Maruti showrooms are always more crowded than other manufacturers. The sales agent came and asked about my requirements. He promptly showed us the car. Was too late for TD on that day.
To my surprise no corporate discounts were offered.
The thing i don't like about Dzire is the low rear leg room space compared to competition. Also with cars like Xcent coming in it badly needs a refresh.
The dashboard with center console is a notch above amaze. But the biggest downer is lack of safety features in all trims except ZDI.

Here is a breakdown of OTR price offered to me:
Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-dzire001.jpg

Although i told them i am looking for other options and let them know if i narrow down to Dzire, the sales executive keeps calling me up every other day.
He is even calling my dad I am never giving home phone number to any sales guy in future.
Old 17th February 2014, 09:36   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Although i told them i am looking for other options and let them know if i narrow down to Dzire, the sales executive keeps calling me up every other day.
He is even calling my dad I am never giving home phone number to any sales guy in future.
The best response to this sales guy would be "the quotations you have given are way too high. Call me only if you have some better deal, else don't bother"

This way you will be kind of blocking his calls & continuing the negotiations in parallel in case you finally decide to go in for DZire & he comes up with better deal on phone.
Old 17th February 2014, 10:39   #509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
....Although i told them i am looking for other options and let them know if i narrow down to Dzire, the sales executive keeps calling me up every other day.
Maruti guys are very aggressive in closing the deal and they can get into your nerves. When I TDed Swift, though I said I am going to check out other cars, I received 3 calls in the next 30 mins asking me for the cheque!

That inspite having the audacity to decline TD of a Dzire stating that Swift & Dzire are same, so you need to TD only one car.
Old 1st March 2014, 20:47   #510
Distinguished - BHPian

DZire sales seem unaffected by competition.
Dzire rose marginally in Feb to 18,353 units as against 18,316 units in February, 2013.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks