Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2012, 16:18   #361
BHPian

re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
Guys a general question for new Maruti Dzire owners.

Whats the recomended tyre pressure for petrol Dzire? Could any Dzire owner throw light on this?

Sorry if Iam being little
F1amit i own Dzire ZDI old model. I usually put nitrogen in my all tyres with pressure of 32psi. I never faced any problem with it. I get FE around 16-17 in city with bumper to bumber traffic. And on highways or on long drives gets around 20-21. With all the time AC on. Guess for Petrol vehicle it should be same. Are you using stock tyres? And which rims do you have?

Last edited by manson : 1st October 2012 at 17:42.
Achilless is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2012, 15:38   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilless View Post
F1amit i own Dzire ZDI old model. I usually put nitrogen in my all tyres with pressure of 32psi. I never faced any problem with it. I get FE around 16-17 in city with bumper to bumber traffic. And on highways or on long drives gets around 20-21. With all the time AC on. Guess for Petrol vehicle it should be same. Are you using stock tyres? And which rims do you have?
Mine is a 2012 Dzire ZXi model. I am still using stock tyres on 15" RIM (stock one). Till now I was filling up 31 psi. However during second servicing, I was informed about tyre pressure recommended by Maruti as 33 psi (+ / -1psi). Thus this time onwards I am using 32 psi on all four tyres.
Till now I got FE of 12.75 with full AC and aound 14-15 with 20-30% AC (all within city driving). Looking forward for any change in FE post correct tyre pressure now.
Old 12th October 2012, 18:19   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit

Mine is a 2012 Dzire ZXi model. I am still using stock tyres on 15" RIM (stock one). Till now I was filling up 31 psi. However during second servicing, I was informed about tyre pressure recommended by Maruti as 33 psi (+ / -1psi). Thus this time onwards I am using 32 psi on all four tyres.
Till now I got FE of 12.75 with full AC and aound 14-15 with 20-30% AC (all within city driving). Looking forward for any change in FE post correct tyre pressure now.
er,15 " stock?
i think i need to have words with my dealer.
Old 12th October 2012, 18:40   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk

er,15 " stock?
i think i need to have words with my dealer.
I believe the new Swift/Dzire Z trims alone come in 185 65/R15. Was there a confusion in your case?
Old 12th October 2012, 18:49   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

I believe the new Swift/Dzire Z trims alone come in 185 65/R15. Was there a confusion in your case?
oh yeah,i get that now.with the funky alloys.
no,mine is the V.
Old 15th October 2012, 11:46   #366
BHPian

Mine is 2012 new Dzire VXi

Totally driven around 1800 kms (normal Bangalore bumper to bumper traffic - ac on 10-20%)
out of which 300 km was highway drive (80-110 km/hr speeds , ac on 80%)

The highway drive was recent, before highway drive i was seeing 14 - 14.1 KMPL as average mileage on my display

after highway drive it's showing 14.9 KMPL , a bit lazy to do the maths and calcuate the actual mileage , always used nitrogen @ 32 psi
Old 16th October 2012, 08:38   #367
BHPian

I have finally booked Dzire zdi..(silky silver) after much researches. Felt it to be more attuned to my needs when compared with Verna, Fiesta Classic, Sx4, Sunny and even the Duster and Xylo (though i know these two are not comparable).
However, I was wondering if anyone can tell from their experience about the stock tyres they provide (whether they are JK/MRF/etc.).
Also if anyone can tell if the 5th wheel, they provide, is an alloy?
Old 16th October 2012, 10:25   #368
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by delix View Post
I have finally booked Dzire zdi..(silky silver) after much researches. Felt it to be more attuned to my needs when compared with Verna, Fiesta Classic, Sx4, Sunny and even the Duster and Xylo
That is a very bold decision to stick to your requirements than going for satisfying the ego! IMO, DZire is a perfect sedan for city, and more than enough for highway use.
Old 16th October 2012, 15:33   #369
BHPian

Quote:
I have finally booked Dzire zdi..(silky silver) after much researches. Felt it to be more attuned to my needs when compared with Verna, Fiesta Classic, Sx4, Sunny and even the Duster and Xylo (though i know these two are not comparable).
However, I was wondering if anyone can tell from their experience about the stock tyres they provide (whether they are JK/MRF/etc.).
Delix - I am using Dzire ZXi for past 4+ months. In top end varients, 5th wheel is 15" alloy wheel. I have got MRF as stock tyres. Uptil now there is no issues however tyre noise is little bit on higher side. I am planning to replace them after 20 k / 25K KMs.

Last edited by F1amit : 16th October 2012 at 15:38.
Old 16th October 2012, 17:55   #370
BHPian

Quote:

Hi , can you provide the tentative delivery date promised by the dealer. I was looking to book ZDI, black color. Chennai dealers are quoting 6+ months. May be for White they might try in 3 -4 months.
Old 19th October 2012, 13:17   #371
BHPian

Recently did a 1000 kms drive in new dzire vdi.

Travelled 960 kms on a single tank - 42 litres by tankful method so an average of 22.8 with 100% AC.

While cruising at 100 we are right in the turbo sweet spot at ~2600RPM and you rarely require a downshift for overtaking.

Only thing I missed was better brakes and better rear legroom otherwise a superb cruiser.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 16:12   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
Delix - I am using Dzire ZXi for past 4+ months. In top end varients, 5th wheel is 15" alloy wheel. I have got MRF as stock tyres. Uptil now there is no issues however tyre noise is little bit on higher side. I am planning to replace them after 20 k / 25K KMs.
yes i have similar experience with my ritz..tyre noise is too much. its heartening to know that the 5th wheel is an alloy when none other cars provide this except sx4 i guess.. i think i will also hv to upgrade the tyres..
Old 2nd November 2012, 14:06   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
Hi , can you provide the tentative delivery date promised by the dealer. I was looking to book ZDI, black color. Chennai dealers are quoting 6+ months. May be for White they might try in 3 -4 months.
I was lucky in this regards. I have been looking for dzire for quite sometime and everywhere the dealers quoted a 3-4 month waiting for the silver colour. Sometime back I got a call from one of the dealers saying that they have a ready stock silver zdi model and will allot the same to us if we have the finance worked out. I immediately booked the same and hopefully i should get the same by end of this month. This is a one of case, i suppose, and everybody suggested me that I was quite lucky to get the offer/opportunity.
Old 7th November 2012, 14:35   #374
BHPian

So, 2 things I would like in the DZire AT, would be the headunit of the Zxi and the Climate Control. While, I think Martui should be able to upgrade the headunit, can it also add climate control to the AT version on request? It is just like the headunit where the difference is only in the electronics and no extra mechanical parts are needed?
Old 10th November 2012, 18:41   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
So, 2 things I would like in the DZire AT, would be the headunit of the Zxi and the Climate Control. While, I think Martui should be able to upgrade the headunit, can it also add climate control to the AT version on request? It is just like the headunit where the difference is only in the electronics and no extra mechanical parts are needed?
Absolutely, the zdi headunit can be purchased from any dealer at around Rs 15K along with installation. However the climate control which come factory fitted cannot be upgraded I guess. I too requested for an addition of ABS and climate control on a vdi model. But the dealer said that, since this comes factory fitted, cannot be upgraded and only the head-unit can be upgraded if they have the same in stock.
delix is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks