Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2013, 14:50   #406
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

@ dass - have you brought your Dzire home? do post some pics, or are you planning for a mega initial ownership report :-)
Old 26th March 2013, 16:42   #407
Senior - BHPian

Would it be possible to post a picture of your car with these mats on? I would like to see the fit before I get one for myself. Sorry for the trouble and Thanks for the links.
Old 26th March 2013, 16:45   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
@ dass - have you brought your Dzire home? do post some pics, or are you planning for a mega initial ownership report :-)
Yes mate, I got her home on Saturday. Haven't been able to click any photos and honestly having read some of the initial ownership reports here, I am scared to write it for the fact that I dont think I will be able to do any justice.

For now, the car has done 60 odd kms and I am still getting the feel of her. I got the stock tyres changed to Yokohoma A Drive, with an upsize to 185 and sticking to the stock rims. No other upgrades planned for now. I am still trying to figure out how to change the time on the central console, will try again over the weekend.
Old 28th March 2013, 10:11   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Yes mate, I got her home on Saturday. Haven't been able to click any photos and honestly having read some of the initial ownership reports here, I am scared to write it for the fact that I dont think I will be able to do any justice.
You are being humble and honest! Well TBHP folks sure have set some standards when it comes to a review or a report..but guess you should go ahead and attempt to write one...you have to start someday!
As for me, the long term ownership report is just round the corner with my car about to complete 50,000 km and I going over 200,000km so far.
Old 28th March 2013, 18:47   #410
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to get the autocop window uproller and reverse camera installed to the car. Reversing is a pain on this vehicle due to high mounted rear parcel tray. I believe worldtech has some reverse camera which also has bluetooth, so exploring the options.
Old 31st March 2013, 10:03   #411
Senior - BHPian

My friend took delivery of his white Vxi last Thursday after waiting for slightly more than two months. He wanted the grey colour and as he had to wait further opted for the white.
He wanted me to accept delivery and the first take off I insisted him to accept the key and the first move forward over lemons placed on all four wheels.
What was annoying is Maruti's sheer callousness in checking both quality as well as function.
The driver side AC vent louvers are not operable and has to be opened one by one and was told that would be attended at first service.
The attached pictures are self explanatory.
When will Maruti and its dealers learn? or will they ever.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-dzire1.jpg  

Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-dzire2.jpg  

rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 20:18   #412
BHPian

Looks like you have a good waiting period for the Zxi (with no committed dates). Been waiting for > 9 weeks.

Most sales executives at Chennai are pessimistic that they will ever get a Zxi. Though they seem to be pushing the Swift more.

I was kind of particular about ABS and Airbags. As a compromise, wanted to checkout the Vxi. But they do not have a test-drive vehicle and insist that it has the same braking capability as the Zxi unless you go at highway speeds where the ABS kicks in. Any thoughts?
Old 1st April 2013, 20:51   #413
Senior - BHPian

From the last couple of days, whenever I take a speedbreaker a little hard, I hear a metal brushing against metal sound. Initially thought it was me scraping the speedbreaker, which was in itself surprising as I did not face it earlier and I did a physical inspection of the underbody to check for scratches, but could not find any. What could be causing this issue? the car is just a week old and has done around 200 kms of very sedate driving.
Old 1st April 2013, 21:46   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to get the autocop window uproller and reverse camera installed to the car. Reversing is a pain on this vehicle due to high mounted rear parcel tray. I believe worldtech has some reverse camera which also has bluetooth, so exploring the options.
Got this done, costed me 6.3k and the reverse camera is a blessing, though I am still learning to use this appropriately along with the ORVM's.

Mods - Forgot to multi quote this along with my previous post and the 30 mins window had passed.
Old 1st April 2013, 22:35   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am still trying to figure out how to change the time on the central console, will try again over the weekend.
Press both the black sharp buttons that jut out of the instrument cluster simultaneously. The clock starts flashing. Now turn the left side button clockwise to +/- hours. After setting the hour, press it once more to go to the minutes mode. Now turn the left side button clockwise to +/- minutes. After setting the right time, just leave it (don't press any buttons), the MID will reset to normal automatically with the set time.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 23:57   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Press both the black sharp buttons that jut out of the instrument cluster simultaneously. The clock starts flashing. Now turn the left side button clockwise to +/- hours. After setting the hour, press it once more to go to the minutes mode. Now turn the left side button clockwise to +/- minutes. After setting the right time, just leave it (don't press any buttons), the MID will reset to normal automatically with the set time.
Thanks mate

Another Q on the MID. My fuel consumption shows L/100km. Even the average also shows the same config. How do I change that to l/km and not 100km?
Old 4th April 2013, 06:01   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From the last couple of days, ...I hear a metal brushing against metal sound. Initially thought it was me scraping the speed-breaker,
What kind of mud flap is your Dzire wearing; is it the one with a metal strip at the end?
Old 4th April 2013, 15:47   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
What kind of mud flap is your Dzire wearing; is it the one with a metal strip at the end?
I dont think it has a metal strip, its the normal plastic one and its pretty small. I checked the mudflap for scractes, but there are none. The sound is only from the the front RHS.
Old 5th April 2013, 14:04   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From the last couple of days, whenever I take a speedbreaker a little hard, I hear a metal brushing against metal sound. Initially thought it was me scraping the speedbreaker, which was in itself surprising as I did not face it earlier and I did a physical inspection of the underbody to check for scratches, but could not find any. What could be causing this issue? the car is just a week old and has done around 200 kms of very sedate driving.
Two things come to my mind -
1. The coil springs in the Mcpherson struts could be the source of the metal scraping sound - although this is remote since you have driven only 200km
2. There is a possibility of some hard particles getting lodged in the brake pads or between the calipers, due to which there is more friction in the brake pads and you might hear that metal scraping sound.
Old 5th April 2013, 16:44   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Two things come to my mind -
1. The coil springs in the Mcpherson struts could be the source of the metal scraping sound - although this is remote since you have driven only 200km
2. There is a possibility of some hard particles getting lodged in the brake pads or between the calipers, due to which there is more friction in the brake pads and you might hear that metal scraping sound.
On point number two, that sound doesn't come when I apply brakes it only is audible when i take a spedbreaker, or go over a pot hole making me believe its may be to do something with the suspension as you have mentioned above since there are no visible scratch marks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks