Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2012, 11:11   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_k View Post
I don't find the AC inadequate. I have a Zdi and its mostly on ACC. If I have people on the rear bench, I just set the temp to a degree or two lower and that does the trick. Many a times the rear bench starts complaining that its too cold in around 15 odd minutes.
Mine is a VDi model and I don't have the ACC.
Still I think the cooling capacity/compresser rating should be the same for both V and Z model.
Yes, the climate is extreme at my place but that's not the real excuse I feel.

What should be the Air flow mode ?
And should the external air be circulated instead of internal air ?
Old 31st May 2012, 11:43   #317
BHPian

re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post

If the car is standing in the sun for a long time, I generally follow the steps below

Open All Windows and turn on the blower at highest speed (AC not running)
After a while once the pressure cooker like feeling goes away, close the windows and turn on the AC at maximum cooling. In next 3 - 4 mins the car is cool and then turn the AC to something comfortable.

With Dzire, I have carried this whole excericise in 3 - 4 mins which I think is quite resonable.
Adi_k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 12:46   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Dzire's cooling capacity at rear bench seems to be inadequate. It takes its own sweet time to cool the entire cabin.
Any comments on this ? New Swift/dzire owners?

What steps should be taken for quicker cooling ?

- Should the air circulation mode be changed for outside air to come on or just the internal air should be circulated ?

- Shockingly Alto's ac seem to be better ! What is the compressor rating of these cars, can someone mention?

(Climate is tropical at my place. Extreme and 45+ at times. Sunfilms still installed.)
Find the a/c on my new Swift ZDI excellent. The car does not have a sun film and the temperatures in Chennai has been around 43 degrees. The cabin gets cooled in no time. Would agree with Adi k on the method to be followed
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 15:41   #319
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
Congrats on the Allotment buddy! Which Dealer? and wat was the final price OTR? My dealer says that the Z trims are not being produced in ample numbers and that had i chosen the VXI, I would be Driving around town by now!
I have purchased my car through Sai Service. One of my friend had to go through similar thing (same ZXi varient) about colour change. Only difference is he has booked the car through Vitesse, Andheri West. He too had to switched to Pacific Blue colour for early delivery of the car.

About Z trims / L trims not produced in ample - Yes I and even my friend had got the similar responses from our dealer. In fact my friend was offered Baige ZXi by his dealer. However he preferred Pacific Blue over Baige.
F1amit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 15:44   #320
BANNED

Quote:
Mine is a VDi model and I don't have the ACC.
Still I think the cooling capacity/compresser rating should be the same for both V and Z model.

Quote:
If the car is standing in the sun for a long time, I generally follow the steps below

After a while once the pressure cooker like feeling goes away, close the windows and turn on the AC at maximum cooling. In next 3 - 4 mins the car is cool and then turn the AC to something comfortable.

With Dzire, I have carried this whole excericise in 3 - 4 mins which I think is quite resonable.

I myself too did not find any issues with cooling in dzire inspite Sun Film not being present on the car. ACC works flowlessly to cool the cabin. I do follow the steps mentioned by Adi_K every time before starting AC (irrespective of car standing in sun or not)
F1amit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 15:46   #321
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
I myself too did not find any issues with cooling in dzire inspite Sun Film not being present on the car. ACC works flowlessly to cool the cabin. I do follow the steps mentioned by Adi_K every time before starting AC (irrespective of car standing in sun or not)

Thanks
Adi_K, Sridhar K & F1amit for your prompt response.
I will go by the instructions given by you.

Last edited by Turbokick : 31st May 2012 at 15:48.
Old 31st May 2012, 17:38   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

just to add:

roll down all windows , run the blower at full speed for half a minute or so and then switch the compressor on.

Let the cool air displace the humid air inside cabin(say for 2 minutes) and then roll windows up.

The unit will work more efficiently once this is done.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 23:08   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
I have purchased my car through Sai Service. One of my friend had to go through similar thing (same ZXi varient) about colour change. Only difference is he has booked the car through Vitesse, Andheri West. He too had to switched to Pacific Blue colour for early delivery of the car.

About Z trims / L trims not produced in ample - Yes I and even my friend had got the similar responses from our dealer. In fact my friend was offered Baige ZXi by his dealer. However he preferred Pacific Blue over Baige.
hey F1Amit - I got a letter from the dealer today saying that delivery will be further delayed. Exactly two months today - and futher wait - wonder wats taking so long?

BTW - Has your friend got delivery? Is s/he a part of Team BHP? if yes, would love to get in touch?
Old 3rd June 2012, 09:26   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti is getting high handed now.
They know the dzire is gonna be bought, no matter what.
I booked a zxi a month back, and for the past 7 days all I am hearing from Rana motors is that there's a strike of allow wheel makers, hence no zxi versions are rolling.
Bull.
I can't believe that maruti would allow someone to brake the production of its biggest current seller for such a long period.
Anybody has any ideas?
Or can someone suggest an alternative to this car with Airbags in a similar price bracket?

EDIT:only put this here cos one month was the time given by the dealer, in fact professed in LARGE block letters on a board right at his entrance.

Last edited by mayankk : 3rd June 2012 at 09:30.
Old 3rd June 2012, 15:51   #325
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
hey F1Amit - I got a letter from the dealer today saying that delivery will be further delayed. Exactly two months today - and futher wait - wonder wats taking so long?

BTW - Has your friend got delivery? Is s/he a part of Team BHP? if yes, would love to get in touch?
Hi Omar - my friend (AmeyM) had applied for Team BHP membership. However he has not received full membership as of now. Thus he could not reply / quote on any posts as of now.

He was little lucky and has got delivery of his car. It was Dzire ZXi. However as mentioned, he too had to switch from original colour option of white to other colour for getting deliviry on time. There was alternate colour option available with the dealer (and in same top end varient) as one of the customer has refused delivery of the car for certain reason and my friend was lucky enough to get that car alloted to him.
Old 4th June 2012, 09:32   #326
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I must admit that the Dzire's looks are growing on me. I saw a white Dzire with nice wheels in Juhu yesterday. I liked it, including the stubby rear 3-quarter.
Old 4th June 2012, 10:35   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there any comparo between a jazz x?
What do you guys think, I am thinking of dropping the dzire and opting for the jazz x.
Old 4th June 2012, 12:40   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Is there any comparo between a jazz x?
What do you guys think, I am thinking of dropping the dzire and opting for the jazz x.
If its between Jazz and dzire petrol, I think you can go ahead with the Jazz.
Jazz's interior space is unreal and I like the dashboard configuration. Even in terms of boot volume it beats the dzire fair and square.

Dzire's advantage will be a better (more refined) suspension and Maruti's widespread service.
Turbokick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 19:01   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I must admit that the Dzire's looks are growing on me. I saw a white Dzire with nice wheels in Juhu yesterday. I liked it, including the stubby rear 3-quarter.
Can we expect one in your garage soon?

To cash in on ghe swift and dzire popularity and also to get a major chunk of the c2 segment, maruti has to launch a full grown dzire as early as possible. Sx4 won't help them anymore.
Old 5th June 2012, 21:03   #330
Senior - BHPian

Guys what is the waiting period of Swift Dzire both in Delhi/Gurgaon and Ahmadabad(Gujrat)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
+1,

Even I am now liking the new one and old Dzire looks dated save for the rear 3 quarter view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Can we expect one in your garage soon?
He got a Nissan Sunny.

Last edited by bluevolt : 5th June 2012 at 21:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks