Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2012, 19:41   #241

re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I would primarily look at a car with at-least ABS. Especially with the confirmed & multiple reports on weak brakes in Swift LDi & VDi, do you want to buy it just because it's available readily?

Since you prefer Maruti, why don't you take a look at Ritz VDi ABS? If it were me, I would easily give Liva a thought too since Toyota's reliability & A$$ is at per or better than Maruti!
Thanks a lot for your reply. One of the major reason is definitely ready availability and Ritz VDi ABS is also not readily available. So if I consider Maruti only, my choice is between Ritz VDi and Dzire LDi, Swift has simply no boot space.

I will use it for City Use only, considering horrific city traffic, I can't think of driving more than 40/50 ever, will the break be even an issue at that speed?

Also I want to know is there any specific reason for such a big demand of Dzire Vdi, in comparison to Ldi? Apart from Taco I don't see any big difference that can't be fitted in a Ldi, am I missing anything?
Old 12th March 2012, 01:46   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshil View Post
I will use it for City Use only, considering horrific city traffic, I can't think of driving more than 40/50 ever, will the break be even an issue at that speed?
If there is brake fading, then even at 40 or 50 kmph, things can turn dirty under hard braking. Am not sure how bad it is, but if you MUST buy LDi, I can suggest some solutions to overcome the issue to some extent, NOT fully.

1. Upgrade to 195 section tyres and improve your grip. 15" alloys preferred.
2. Go for a performance brake pad like "Hawk". I am NOT sure of the price, but heard the performance is good.

Quote:
Also I want to know is there any specific reason for such a big demand of Dzire Vdi, in comparison to Ldi? Apart from Taco I don't see any big difference that can't be fitted in a Ldi, am I missing anything?
VDi is a decently loaded version and comes with almost anything a common man consider useful & worth. Since these come from the factory, there is no worry of aftermarket fitments or warranty issues there after.

Edit
:: So what LDi lacks from VDi:

1 Radio + CD + USB
2 Speaker (Fr x 2 + Rr x 2 = 4)
3 Door Front door power window
4 Rear door power window
5 Driver seat power window / auto switch
6 Central door lock
7 Key-less entry
8 Inside chrome door handles
9 Body coloured door handles
10 Day and night IRVM
11 Electric Internally adjustable ORVMs
12 ORVM mounted side turn indicator
13 Body colored ORVMs
14 Passenger side vanity mirror (sun visor)
15 Mud guard (Fr & Rr)
16 Front fog lamp
17 Rear fog lamp
18 Rear seat center arm rest

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 12th March 2012 at 02:00.
Old 12th March 2012, 16:32   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If there is brake fading, then even at 40 or 50 kmph, things can turn dirty under hard braking. Am not sure how bad it is, but if you MUST buy LDi, I can suggest some solutions to overcome the issue to some extent, NOT fully.

1. Upgrade to 195 section tyres and improve your grip. 15" alloys preferred.
2. Go for a performance brake pad like "Hawk". I am NOT sure of the price, but heard the performance is good.

VDi is a decently loaded version and comes with almost anything a common man consider useful & worth. Since these come from the factory, there is no worry of aftermarket fitments or warranty issues there after.

Edit:: So what LDi lacks from VDi:

1 Radio + CD + USB
2 Speaker (Fr x 2 + Rr x 2 = 4)
3 Door Front door power window
4 Rear door power window
5 Driver seat power window / auto switch
6 Central door lock
7 Key-less entry
8 Inside chrome door handles
9 Body coloured door handles
10 Day and night IRVM
11 Electric Internally adjustable ORVMs
12 ORVM mounted side turn indicator
13 Body colored ORVMs
14 Passenger side vanity mirror (sun visor)
15 Mud guard (Fr & Rr)
16 Front fog lamp
17 Rear fog lamp
18 Rear seat center arm rest
I had booked a Dzire LXi first and later changed the booking to VXi since I felt that the features being offered in VXi is definitely worth the extra cost.

Below is a comparision between LXi and VXi costs and the cost of the additions I had to make to LXi to meet my requirements. Your requirements mightnot be the same, but the below comparision might help you:

Feature Approx. Cost
LXi 5.6 lacs (On road Chennai)
VXi 6.1 lacs (On road Chennai) - difference of around 50K
1) Radio + CD + USB + 4 Speakers - 14k (this is min., the stock one in VXi is a better one)
2) Front door power windows - 7k
3) Rear door power windows - 5k
4) Central door lock with keyless entry - 5k (pl. note that LXi doesnot have even a manual central locking feature. You have to lock each doors individually)
5) Front fog lamp - 2k
6) Day and night IRVM - not sure abt. the cost, but a VERY important feature
7) Rear seat center arm rest - Not sure abt. the cost. but this gives a certain
comfort level esp. if old people are travelling in the back seat. Also gives a premium feel
8) Mud guard - I presume you can get it for free...
I have not included the other features since they are features for the car to look good and are not of interest to all.
So overall you need to spend around 33 K for the first 5.
Now you can take a call whether you would like to go for a VXi or LXi.
MadhuG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 16:46   #244
BHPian

The music system used in V and Z variant seem to be different. Atleast the design is different.
Z version gets tweeters as well.

How does the V variant music system perform?
Z variant has got a terrific unit for a stock
Old 12th March 2012, 18:01   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
The music system used in V and Z variant seem to be different. Atleast the design is different.
Z version gets tweeters as well.

How does the V variant music system perform?
Z variant has got a terrific unit for a stock
The stock one in V is also V. Good, I must say...
Old 12th March 2012, 19:55   #246

Thanks MadhuG and Swiftnfurious for the comparisons.

Does the Stock Music System in VDi comes with a remote? That's important to me, else control remains with front passengers always.

Apart from them as per my requirement I would need Central Lock, Front Power Windows and Fog Lamp.

The important missing to me in L*i is Taco that is there in V*i and also both L and V missing Defogger which can't be fitted.

As I will go for Diesel and VDi has a minimum 20 weeks waiting time without any price protection, I am thinking of going for LDi which is readily available with above changes. Hope I am not missing anything important but the statistics I read in following article shows how much the people is attracted to the Mid Variant i.e. V.

"The new Dzire, essentially a sedan version of Swift, rules in the entry-level sedan segment with sales of 15,000 units per month compared with Toyota Etios (4,000 units) and Indigo (9,000 units). The Dzire offers high-end sedan features such as automatic transmission and plush leather interiors compared with its rivals. The Dzire’s mid and top variants attract 78 per cent and 10 per cent of the demand, respectively, compared with 2007’s tally of 62 per cent and 9 per cent, respectively. The base variant, which doesn’t offer a music system, attracts only 11 per cent of the customers compared with 28 per cent earlier."

The whole story is here
Old 12th March 2012, 22:07   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks MadhuG and Swiftnfurious for the comparisons.

Does the Stock Music System in VDi comes with a remote? That's important to me, else control remains with front passengers always.

Apart from them as per my requirement I would need Central Lock, Front Power Windows and Fog Lamp.

The important missing to me in L*i is Taco that is there in V*i and also both L and V missing Defogger which can't be fitted.

As I will go for Diesel and VDi has a minimum 20 weeks waiting time without any price protection, I am thinking of going for LDi which is readily available with above changes. Hope I am not missing anything important but the statistics I read in following article shows how much the people is attracted to the Mid Variant i.e. V.

"The new Dzire, essentially a sedan version of Swift, rules in the entry-level sedan segment with sales of 15,000 units per month compared with Toyota Etios (4,000 units) and Indigo (9,000 units). The Dzire offers high-end sedan features such as automatic transmission and plush leather interiors compared with its rivals. The Dzire’s mid and top variants attract 78 per cent and 10 per cent of the demand, respectively, compared with 2007’s tally of 62 per cent and 9 per cent, respectively. The base variant, which doesn’t offer a music system, attracts only 11 per cent of the customers compared with 28 per cent earlier."

The whole story is here
I am not sure about the remote... However, I was not informed abt. this by the SE in ABT maruti as well as Popular Motors.
Tacho is the only thing that you cannot add...however for a normal driver driving in the city traffic, I am not sure how much the Tacho matters. The santro xing which I drove earlier doesnot have a Tacho and I am sure it made no difference to my normal day to day commute.
Having said that, cost wise, the V variant is a real VFM.
Old 13th March 2012, 11:18   #248
Senior - BHPian

I saw a 'new' Dzire taxi with yellow board on the street yesterday. It was at the taxi stand waiting for passengers. I was a bit shocked to see it.

Now, why would Maruti want that? Especially when they have retained the previous generation Dzire for commercial use. Some dealer would have done it, but won't there be a mandate from Maruti to not register the new Dzire as taxi?

Last month, I even saw a new Swift VDi as taxi in KL. That too in Blazing Red with chrome dressing all over.

Sometimes, I just don't get the Indian Auto Market.
Old 13th March 2012, 16:16   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhuG View Post
I am not sure about the remote... However, I was not informed abt. this by the SE in ABT maruti as well as Popular Motors.
Tacho is the only thing that you cannot add...however for a normal driver driving in the city traffic, I am not sure how much the Tacho matters. The santro xing which I drove earlier doesnot have a Tacho and I am sure it made no difference to my normal day to day commute.
Having said that, cost wise, the V variant is a real VFM.
The V Version is really good and does include a remote as well. I am due to get the delivery of my VXi in next couple of days. Between Vxi & Lxi there are lots of noticable differenes and it definitely makes sense to go for a V in the given price difference. The music system is also great in this. The one which is there in Zxi is an Advanced Version with a larger display and good looks but the quality of output is same. This one they have in the Demo Cars.

The V Version also has the Remote Central Locking on the Key.
caabhishek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2012, 17:23   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabhishek View Post
The V Version is really good and does include a remote as well. I am due to get the delivery of my VXi in next couple of days. Between Vxi & Lxi there are lots of noticable differenes and it definitely makes sense to go for a V in the given price difference. The music system is also great in this. The one which is there in Zxi is an Advanced Version with a larger display and good looks but the quality of output is same. This one they have in the Demo Cars.

The V Version also has the Remote Central Locking on the Key.
Thanks for the confirmation caabhiskek. Happy to note these... BTW, which color have you opted for and when did you book the car.
Old 13th March 2012, 17:36   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation caabhiskek. Happy to note these... BTW, which color have you opted for and when did you book the car.
Have gone for White as my Dad likes the colour. This booking was done on 18th Feb and the car was scheduled to come by 9th March. But due to some allocation reason it got delayed by 8 days.
Old 13th March 2012, 18:12   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabhishek View Post
Have gone for White as my Dad likes the colour. This booking was done on 18th Feb and the car was scheduled to come by 9th March. But due to some allocation reason it got delayed by 8 days.
Surprised that you had to wait for so long for the White. In chennai, the White (and silver too) one was offered to me off the shelf while booking. I insisted on the Pacific Blue though and I am yet to have a sight of it
Old 13th March 2012, 18:33   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Surprised that you had to wait for so long for the White. In chennai, the White (and silver too) one was offered to me off the shelf while booking. I insisted on the Pacific Blue though and I am yet to have a sight of it
Silver was available readily at the time of booking but I didnt want that. The other two white cars with the dealership just got booked before I decided. So I had to wait till the next lot came in. I think they receive cars every 15 days or something.
Old 13th March 2012, 18:55   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I saw a 'new' Dzire taxi with yellow board on the street yesterday. It was at the taxi stand waiting for passengers. I was a bit shocked to see it.

Now, why would Maruti want that? Especially when they have retained the previous generation Dzire for commercial use. Some dealer would have done it, but won't there be a mandate from Maruti to not register the new Dzire as taxi?

Last month, I even saw a new Swift VDi as taxi in KL. That too in Blazing Red with chrome dressing all over.

Sometimes, I just don't get the Indian Auto Market.
Maruti would be producing the old dzire for the taxi market going forward... so dont be surprised to see a lot more Dzire Taxis on road.
Old 13th March 2012, 20:13   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maruti would be producing the old dzire for the taxi market going forward... so dont be surprised to see a lot more Dzire Taxis on road.
I am surprised because it was the new compact Gen II DZire.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks