Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2012, 13:41   #151
BHPian

re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

A dealer in Odisha claims he can deliver new dzire diesel before April. The petrol version is available almost readily. How far can the claim be true? It commands 8-9 months of waiting in other states !

(Swift takes about 4-5 months as per the dealer )
Old 10th February 2012, 15:38   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
I checked out the Dzire VDI in display at Vishnu Motors in Chennai. A few points of note

1) Was checking if I can get a new Dzire faster than my booked Swift but the official wait time listed for ZDI is 8 months against Swift 6 months.
2) The car's does not *look* much longer than the new Swift.
3) Rear seat incline is much better than new Swift.
4) As other have observed, pacific blue is bluish green and personally prefer the torque blue of the Swift.
5) The door on the Ritz which was standing near by closes with a better thud & precision than Dzire/Swifts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
A dealer in Odisha claims he can deliver new dzire diesel before April. The petrol version is available almost readily. How far can the claim be true? It commands 8-9 months of waiting in other states !

(Swift takes about 4-5 months as per the dealer )
I checked with Mandovi and RNS in Bangalore on 07-Feb-12 and the wait period for the "All New Swift Diesel" - VDi is between 3 and 4 months.
  • Existing Dzire bookings have been automatically transferred to New Dzire (already mentioned earlier in this forum)
  • Some customers, who had booked Swift have now changed their booking to New Dzire
  • Glistening Grey is hot selling and hence there is a heavy booking for this colour
  • Blue has lesser bookings and may have slightly shorter waiting period
  • New Dzire Petrol will be available in 1-1.5 months
What I was also told was, that the whole equation may change in a week's time and the backlogs might grow substantially.

My understanding of the old Dzire and the new Swift sales tells me that:
  • In the next few months what you see regarding the sales of Swift and Dzire will be spikes, which will possibly be 16-20K per month (is so since launch) for Swift, 12-15 K per month for Dzire (both new and old) which will continue for the next 6-8 months
  • Beyond that I feel, they will settle down with healthy numbers of 14-16K per month for Swift, 12-14 K per month for Dzire (both new and old)
Thanks,
C_
Coolman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 22:27   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
I checked out the Dzire VDI in display at Vishnu Motors in Chennai. A few points of note

1) Was checking if I can get a new Dzire faster than my booked Swift but the official wait time listed for ZDI is 8 months against Swift 6 months.
2) The car's does not *look* much longer than the new Swift.
3) Rear seat incline is much better than new Swift.
4) As other have observed, pacific blue is bluish green and personally prefer the torque blue of the Swift.
5) The door on the Ritz which was standing near by closes with a better thud & precision than Dzire/Swifts
I was quoted a wait period of 3 months in popular motors velachery. They even implied that I might get my Glistening Grey ZDI even before that and BTW, I am no.4 on the priority list. I am not sure which Dealer is stating the fact here.

Last edited by cruiser_1982 : 10th February 2012 at 22:29.
Old 11th February 2012, 04:06   #154
BHPian

firstly great reveiw as usual, all reveiws here deserve a standing round of applause.
Now my question (out of ignorance) to GTO and all the technical BHPians here is (please excuse if it is not a valid one), in the reveiw GTO and Anshuman noted that the Dzire is too soft in the rear and hence has pronounced body roll and the suspension is tuned differently from the hatchback;
now is it possible to install the hatchback Swifts rear suspension which should to an extent carry the hatchbacks handling charecteristics over to the notchback. Should'nt it be a spot on fit and the cheapest way to improve on the cars handling.
Somehow the car strickes a chord expect for the - not so promising handling - bit. Of course the hatchback will be ahead in handling and performance but if the sedan can get as close as possible then it is an interesting combination.
I'd prefer a car thats a corner craver and not bouncy at the rear, like a fiesta or rather still Etios in that segment. From the reveiw I believe it is far behind both these cars.
Old 12th February 2012, 11:58   #155
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
TATA Manza is priced at 70k more (and to most people - boot or no boot, they just dont want to pay extra for TATA and take a risk)
This statement couldn't be farther from the truth. Do note that the Indigos did nearly 10,000 units last month and are stellar sales performers. The market doesn't necessarily see them as "risks".

Quote:
Infact, if only Toyota had got it right with the Etios
Again, in about a year of introduction, the Etios is touching 5,000 units. That's with Toyota's dealership strength which is about 1/4th of Marutis. If the customer's money is anything to go by, Toyota has indeed gotten it right with the Etios. I'd buy the petrol Etios over the petrol Dzire without a second thought. Diesel however, it would be the Dzire.

Quote:
- Honestly the car looks far better than the outgoing model.
I love the rear, when viewed bang-on. However, the side profile is extremely strange.

Quote:
Quality is a good step ahead for Maruti.
True. Interior feel is definitely the best-in-class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Is the boot not closed correctly? or is that a huge panel gap?
Yep, the boot is indeed fully closed in that picture and it is indeed a panel gap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip View Post
now is it possible to install the hatchback Swifts rear suspension which should to an extent carry the hatchbacks handling charecteristics over to the notchback.
Sure is. But I doubt any owners are going to bother. This is an entry-level sedan that drives like one.

Quote:
I'd prefer a car thats a corner craver and not bouncy at the rear, like a fiesta or rather still Etios in that segment. From the reveiw I believe it is far behind both these cars.
The Etios & Fiesta are definitely the picks if you are looking at a car that's fun to drive.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 14:27   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This statement couldn't be farther from the truth. Do note that the Indigos did nearly 10,000 units last month and are stellar sales performers. The market doesn't necessarily see them as "risks".
While Indigo figures have increased substantially
in the recent months, it is to be seen if they are actually dzire conversions. I am sure the units will be split between CS and Manza as 40:60 or even 50:50.

Quote:

Again, in about a year of introduction, the Etios is touching 5,000 units. That's with Toyota's dealership strength which is about 1/4th of Marutis. If the customer's money is anything to go by, Toyota has indeed gotten it right with the Etios. I'd buy the petrol Etios over the petrol Dzire without a second thought. Diesel however, it would be the Dzire.
Apart from the dealership strength,Etios's pricing for the diesel variant is the culprit. Equivalent variants of dzire and etios diesel have a price difference of whopping 1 lakh or more.

Quote:
The Etios & Fiesta are definitely the picks if you are looking at a car that's fun to drive.
This holds true for the petrol variant I guess?
Bring on the diesel variants (the volume sellers), dzire DDiS will then be hard to ignore thanks to the superior performance
Old 12th February 2012, 14:48   #157
BHPian

Quote:
This holds true for the petrol variant I guess?
Bring on the diesel variants (the volume sellers), dzire DDiS will then be hard to ignore thanks to the superior performance
Hey, the query - and GTO's response - was from the point of view of suspension setup and handling. DZire remains the last choice on this parameter. Engine performance is another matter of course.
Old 13th February 2012, 11:40   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
I was quoted a wait period of 3 months in popular motors velachery. They even implied that I might get my Glistening Grey ZDI even before that and BTW, I am no.4 on the priority list. I am not sure which Dealer is stating the fact here.
The 8 months I mentioned was the official waiting period for Dzire ZDI but that they could give me one much earlier. This is the same line that most dealers I have spoken to parrot.

Looks like allotment is done at the dealer level and then they have some discretion/preference in their allotment to customers. You may be 4th in the Glistering grey queue for Popular but Maruti controls how many glistering grays get allocated to them. So the delivery date seems to be a function of Maruti's allottment to the dealer for that color plus the queue at the dealership. It is lottery of sorts from my what I infer based on discussing with these folks.

I had already booked a Swift ZDI on 9th Jan with them promising delivery in around April. Vishnu motors mentioned that Swift ZDI allotments to their dealership has come down drastically this month. Considering a imminent excise duty on diesel cars and after seeing your post, I enquired if I could get a Dzire earlier than the Swift for which the response was that the Dzire may take longer.
Old 13th February 2012, 17:25   #159
BHPian

Guys,

The price difference between A Star Vxi [Rs 404380] and A Star AT [Rs 449329] is Rs 44949. A Start AT is also equipped with ABS.

The price difference between Dzire Vxi [Rs 530527 and Dzire AT [Rs 652889] is Rs 122362. Dzire AT is also equipped with ABS, EBD & BA.

Now, why is the price difference so high in Dzire? Sorry, if this has been discussed before.

[All prices are Ex-showroom Chennai Prices from Maruti website]

Regards!

Last edited by nithi : 13th February 2012 at 17:40.
nithi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 11:16   #160

Yesterday I got the delivery of S.Silver DZRIE ZDI.
First Impression is very smooth handling and superb response. Mileage ODO shows a good fuel economy from start itself

I will share my short review in next couple of day.
piyushjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 11:21   #161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyushjain
Yesterday I got the delivery of S.Silver DZRIE ZDI.
First Impression is very smooth handling and superb response. Mileage ODO shows a good fuel economy from start itself

I will share my short review in next couple of day.
Congrats. Probably the first owner in team-bhp?

Looking forward to your ownership review. I believe you would have booked older version. How would you rate the new car wrt to the old one?
Old 14th February 2012, 16:00   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats. Probably the first owner in team-bhp?

Looking forward to your ownership review. I believe you would have booked older version. How would you rate the new car wrt to the old one?

No I hated older version so never booked it. Got the delivery in 12 days flat under corporate PQ and personal push. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Old 15th February 2012, 22:27   #163
BHPian

A close friend of mine, here in Trivandrum, booked a black Dzire VDI two days after the launch. Waiting time qouted was 6 months. A week later, he upgraded to ZDI. Colour was changed to Pacific blue. Today, he got a call from the dealer saying they can deliver the car this Friday (Feb-17). He is taking delivery of the car this weekend.
Old 15th February 2012, 22:51   #164
Senior - BHPian

Checked out the new DZire today. I was pleasantly surprised by the boot. A lot big than what I had in mind. But they should have called the Pacific Blue, the Pacific Green. I feel that name is just deceptive.

But the beige interiors are a big put off. Its just everywhere inside the car. And the display car was full of grime all around.
Old 16th February 2012, 10:49   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumike View Post
A close friend of mine, here in Trivandrum, booked a black Dzire VDI two days after the launch. Waiting time qouted was 6 months. A week later, he upgraded to ZDI. Colour was changed to Pacific blue. Today, he got a call from the dealer saying they can deliver the car this Friday (Feb-17). He is taking delivery of the car this weekend.
I had a similar experience, but I was quoted 3 months waiting period when I booked my arctic White VDI (waiting list 33), a day later I changed the booking to Glistening Grey ZDI (Waiting list 4) . I got a call yesterday that a customer has passed on his booking of a pacific blue ZDI and if I want, I can get it by month end. I have changed my booking again and waiting for delivery. Looks like Maruti expected more booking in Pacific blue and hence manufacturing more of it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks