Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2015, 17:23   #541
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Dear BHPians,

Please let me know if Maruti has addressed the poor brake issue in the base model of the Dzire? Also, is the issue pertinent to base models of both Swift & the Swift D'Zire?

Thanks.
Old 17th February 2015, 09:03   #542

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Is there any news/scoop for Dzire's face lift or complete revamp any time soon?

I was told yesterday that the facelift is likely to be announced by end of this month. Apparently the production has already started. I booked my Dzire last week so will most likely be migrated to the new version.
Old 2nd March 2015, 07:48   #543
Senior - BHPian

I have something to report. I visited Hyderabad over the weekend, I drove from Bangalore to Hyderabad on Saturday and drove back to Bangalore on Sunday. It was on NH-7.

Most of the cars that I saw on the highway were Swift Dzires, and a majority if not all of them, were white. They were the new version, not the current facelift, but the one just before, which was on sale a month ago, based on the new Swift, the notchback Dzire

All of them were carrying an average of 4 passengers atleast and were doing 100-120 with air-conditioning on. I followed a number of them and they looked very planted from the rear, with no nervousness at speed or at curves or during hard braking. They were also able to take on the undulations on the road at speed and I did not find them braking and slowing down to take on small rough patches

The cars were VDi, noticed a few VXi and LDi models too. I drove during the day time on both days, and the competitors I could see were the Amaze and Xcent, the Xcent looked puny while being followed and did not look as planted as the Dzire, the tyres also looked very thin on the Xcent. There was only one Amaze that I noticed and it was a Zoom Car.

I'm impressed with what I saw of the Dzire. It was driven by people from different strata of society, you could see the 'software engineer' crowd in it, the 'middle-class office goer' crowd, the rural middle class, the nouveau rich and city dwelling nuclear families. I spotted the car at intersections and towns en-route, easily treading around on bad roads and navigating through challenging road conditions

What I was able to conclude is that for the consumer, the Dzire comes across as a winning proposition. Its boot is capable of carrying sensibly packed luggage, its got a fuel efficient and easy on the pocket engine, its able to carry good speeds and reduce travel time, its got good comfortable seating; since I did not see many passengers taking frequent 'stretch-your-legs' breaks which Swift, Wagon-R, Bolero, Indica and Sumo/Trax passengers were taking and it is backed by the Maruti service network where even in the middle of the highway, you are likely to be only a few kilometres from a Company authorised garage

PS:- I was driving a black TCIC Safari

Last edited by TheARUN : 2nd March 2015 at 07:52. Reason: Grammatical errors and addition of text
TheARUN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 19:08   #544
BHPian

Hi All,

I test drove the new Swift Dzire(2015) recently and found that the overall interior quality lesser than the previous one. But most importantly, the light color interiors attract a lot of dirt. For instance, the doors have two tone concept (both light colors) and the arm rest(where you find the power window controls) gets so dirty that it pricks your eyes.
Old 4th May 2015, 23:31   #545
BHPian

Have a quick qn.

My baby sister and husband recently drove down from Bangalore to Thrissur (Kerala) rather our driver drove them down and back.
Some nincompoop SA had asked my BIL to use D2 mode for Driving in highways.

Long story short - Close to 1200KM @ highway speeds was done in D2 mode.

Car is 1.5 Yr old and had done "765 KM" prior to the trip.

I have asked them to get the oil changed. Is there anything else that needs to be done.

Appreciate the help.
Old 28th May 2015, 07:35   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti to retain its leadership in the sub compact Sedan segment is now gearing to release the DZIRE in AMT Diesel variant.
The car spied is a ZDI version equipped with ABS & Airbags. Expect the segment to heat up after the new launches - Ford Aspire - VW Compact, etc.

Dzire AMT - will hit the market this festive season. WagonR twins too will get AMT at the same time,while the Swift will be by the year end.

Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-swiftdzirezdiamt.jpg
Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-marutisuzukidzireamtindiesel.jpg
Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-marutiswiftdziredieselamt.jpg

http://gaadiwaadi.com/exclusive-maru...esting-000408/

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th May 2015 at 07:49.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 14:01   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Nopes, the dzire does not come with AC/cabin filter but surprisingly swift does.
I was asked to get it installed in my 2nd service at 5k km. And the service Centre guys asked me to replace it within 2.5 months at 10k service which I refused and told them to just clean and put it back.

This filter is fitted in the passenger side footwell.
The car AC filter performs same function like normal home AC filter. So you can judge its importance now.
This is surprising news. A/C cabin filters are part of the A/C system and if you are buying car with A/C, it should come by default.

How can Maruti give this as default in one model and not in another ?

Either we are mistaken in our understanding of this situation or should be a scam to get A/C motor destroyed.
Old 2nd September 2015, 08:52   #548
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Dzire AMT /SHVS( mild Hybrid) coming , spied on test.

Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_extraimages_20150901055222_ciazx.jpg

Quote:
Maruti is also testing the Dzire equipped with an AMT gearbox. The Dzire could also receive the fuel-efficient SHVS upgrade in the near future. The current diesel-powered Dzire does 26.59kpl, and after the upgrade it could better the Ciaz’s 28.09kpl figure.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ch-397210.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd September 2015 at 08:55.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 16:58   #549
BHPian

Headlamp Replacement

My dad uses Maruti Dzire (the one earlier to the latest one). He wants to change the stock headlights to something more powerful. Could someone suggest which brand and rating headlamp to use without changing wiring? Also, is there any advantage of white over yellow? The stock ones are yellow.
Old 27th December 2015, 19:50   #550
BHPian

Hi i have one query, the green color liquid (i believe 'coolant') is on low levels in my swift Dzire petrol 2013 model, i had serviced the car 6 months back but the car is lying idle from last two months. Can i just top it up? or do i need to flush it first?
If i can top it up, then what brand shall i use?
Old 27th December 2015, 21:22   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Hi i have one query, the green color liquid (i believe 'coolant') is on low levels in my swift Dzire petrol 2013 model, i had serviced the car 6 months back but the car is lying idle from last two months. Can i just top it up? or do i need to flush it first?
You can top it up. You should be able to get collant from any of petrol pumps. You have to add water to the coolant if it's not premixed type.
sathish81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 11:14   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Do not mix brands.Maruti Service should have the same brand.you need to top it only. But look around for leaks especially at places where hoses ends. Coolant levels dont normally drop.
srinivaspai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 10:28   #553
BHPian

Hi everyone, I have a Dzire Diesel for about 2.5 years now and I have been extremely happy so far with my ownership but I have problem which I hope, the astute BHPians can solve.

In October, I started the car and went to the grocery store. But on coming back the car would not start up. It would crank but not start up. We tried a few times, and then called Maruti service. Since it was close to the service station, the guys came in about 20 mins. He tried to start the car and it started up on the first attempt. We were baffled to say the least.

Anyways, since it was close to 40K kms, we decided to give the car for service and investigate this problem as well, but the technicians could not find anything and we forgot all about it.

Yesterday, the same thing happened. I went to a restaurant, picked up my food and tried to start the car and it would not!! I tried multiple times but it would not start up. So I went home and came back after 2 hrs and the car started up on the first attempt. After that, I went to multiple places and did not face a single issue.

What could the reason be? Could it be anything with some electronic circuit not getting reset or something?

Thanks in Advance!
Old 4th January 2016, 12:38   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
Hi everyone, I have a Dzire Diesel for about 2.5 years now and I have been extremely happy so far with my ownership but I have problem which I hope, the astute BHPians can solve.

In October, I started the car and went to the grocery store. But on coming back the car would not start up. It would crank but not start up. We tried a few times, and then called Maruti service. Since it was close to the service station, the guys came in about 20 mins. He tried to start the car and it started up on the first attempt. We were baffled to say the least.

Anyways, since it was close to 40K kms, we decided to give the car for service and investigate this problem as well, but the technicians could not find anything and we forgot all about it.

Yesterday, the same thing happened. I went to a restaurant, picked up my food and tried to start the car and it would not!! I tried multiple times but it would not start up. So I went home and came back after 2 hrs and the car started up on the first attempt. After that, I went to multiple places and did not face a single issue.

What could the reason be? Could it be anything with some electronic circuit not getting reset or something?

Thanks in Advance!
Before cranking the engine, always wait for 5-10seconds in 'ignition on' mode.

My friend's i20 used to behave in the exact similar manner, but on following the above advice he never faced the issue again.

And in my 2 years (35K km) of ownership, my diesel Dzire always started on a single crank (even in chilly hill stations) just because I wait in ignition on mode.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 11:07   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post

In October, I started the car and went to the grocery store. But on coming back the car would not start up. It would crank but not start up.
Yesterday, the same thing happened. I went to a restaurant, picked up my food and tried to start the car and it would not!!
Since it is a diesel engine get the glowplugs replaced./check the circuitry of the glowplugs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks