Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2014, 16:20   #526
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipakDZireLover View Post
IBut the last time I had got my Dzire serviced,

I hope you are not confused between the AC Filter and the Air Filter.
AC Filter is to filter the air that comes in the cabin when we use the AC in order to provide fresh clean air..
Thanks mate, I was referring to the AC filter, or the Cabin filter as it is commonly referred to as. How many kms has your car completed? and did you notice any difference after the filter was placed?

Did the car initially come with a filter to begin with and then it was replaced or it was a new one placed?
Old 2nd July 2014, 16:41   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
and did you notice any difference after the filter was placed?
Did the car initially come with a filter to begin with and then it was replaced or it was a new one placed?
The car initially comes with one. I replaced the filter at 15000 kms. The service guy suggested and it wasn't costing a fortune so I thought it is better to replace it.

Only twice before changing it had I noticed some very small performance issues with the AC. That too, when the car was loaded with 5 adults and 2 kids. It seemed to me that the AC was not performing the best. However, while driving alone later, I had not found the problem.

After changing the filter though, the performance is definitely better. I feel the cabin gets cold really fast now. And this is not psychological since I knew that the filter had been changed. A friend who also owns a swift complimented the AC as soon as the cabin was cooled in 2 mins. He said that my car's AC is superb, so I believe the filter did do the trick!
Old 2nd July 2014, 17:07   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipakDZireLover View Post
T

After changing the filter though, the performance is definitely better. I feel the cabin gets cold really fast now. And this is not psychological since I knew that the filter had been changed. A friend who also owns a swift complimented the AC as soon as the cabin was cooled in 2 mins. He said that my car's AC is superb, so I believe the filter did do the trick!
This helps

What I have also noticed is that the blowers on the right and left are not as strong as the ones in the center. When the fan speed is in 1 or 2, I hardly feel the air coming out and this in turn has an cascading effect on the overall AC. This may not be related to the AC filter, but when I get the car checked for this, I will probably have the AC filter also replaced.

Which trim is your car? V or the Z?
Old 2nd July 2014, 18:54   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Another question. Does the Dzire come with the AC filter? Anyone got it fitted if it did not come with one? Are there any benefits of getting a air filter?
Nopes, the dzire does not come with AC/cabin filter but surprisingly swift does.
I was asked to get it installed in my 2nd service at 5k km. And the service Centre guys asked me to replace it within 2.5 months at 10k service which I refused and told them to just clean and put it back.

This filter is fitted in the passenger side footwell.
The car AC filter performs same function like normal home AC filter. So you can judge its importance now.
Old 3rd July 2014, 13:25   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Nopes, the dzire does not come with AC/cabin filter but surprisingly swift does.
I was asked to get it installed in my 2nd service at 5k km. And the service Centre guys asked me to replace it within 2.5 months at 10k service which I refused and told them to just clean and put it back.

This filter is fitted in the passenger side footwell.
The car AC filter performs same function like normal home AC filter. So you can judge its importance now.
I am thinking, there may not be substantial benefit in getting it installed, however there is no harm either in getting it installed. My SA never asked me to get this done, so when I go there again, i will nudge him to do this for me.
Old 7th July 2014, 13:14   #531
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone confirm the wiper blade sizes for the New Swift Dzire? I am trying to buy one online, but do not have the user manual handy to get the correct sizes.
Old 28th August 2014, 15:15   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone confirm the wiper blade sizes for the New Swift Dzire? I am trying to buy one online, but do not have the user manual handy to get the correct sizes.
This thread has gone into a dormant stage

The wiper blade size are 22" and 17". Got mine changed to Bosch at a local store couple of weeks back.
Old 28th August 2014, 23:12   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This thread has gone into a dormant stage

The wiper blade size are 22" and 17". Got mine changed to Bosch at a local store couple of weeks back.
At what price? And any specific reason for switching to Bosch?
Old 29th August 2014, 16:49   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
At what price? And any specific reason for switching to Bosch?
Got both for Rs. 350. The main reason for shifting to BOSCH was it was the only available one at the accessories shop. I had used Bosch in my earlier car and they provided decent swipes.

Last edited by dass : 29th August 2014 at 17:00.
Old 27th October 2014, 13:48   #535
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

On the 50K service, the feedback was front shock absorbers are weak and need replacement, but not urgent!
I have started noticing the sound more now after the service so just wanted to ask if it's normal and what life can usually be expected from the front shock absorbers ? Any idea on how much it may cost ?
Old 20th November 2014, 11:33   #536
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has experienced rattles in their Dzire? I'm getting rattles from the dashboard in my Dzire Ldi which has done about 23k kms. The rattle seems to be coming from the glovebox compartment. Its starting to bother me since my first generation Swift was a rattle king!
Old 20th November 2014, 14:04   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Anyone has experienced rattles in their Dzire? I'm getting rattles from the dashboard in my Dzire Ldi which has done about 23k kms. The rattle seems to be coming from the glovebox compartment. Its starting to bother me since my first generation Swift was a rattle king!
In my 11 Months 17K KMs old DZire, I hear a little rattle like sound which until now I thought was due to some plastic stuff kept in the glove box. But after reading your post, I feel that maybe its not that. Will check and update.
Old 20th November 2014, 14:29   #538
BHPian

Quote:
No rattles till now in my Dzire. I have clocked 33K KMS. Did you carry out any ICE install? Mine is a ZDI and complete stock.
Old 20th November 2014, 14:33   #539
BANNED

Quote:
I did have a dashboard rattle issue when the car had around 5k on the odo, now I am close to 20k and after I complained the first time, they said they have tightened the dashboard, so no rattles.

Check for any lose screws post some after market install in the glove box. Did you have the AC/Cabin filter installed recently? If yes, ask them to check for the fitment post installation.
ILTDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2015, 21:44   #540
Senior - BHPian

Is there any news/scoop for Dzire's face lift or complete revamp any time soon?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks