Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2012, 22:45   #256
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Guys I have a question:

I'm not sure if anyone of you noticed it, but I found one of the dealer vehicle on display had additional body kits fitted. I did not find it in the test drive vehicle though.

Here are the pictures -

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-ertigacomparo1.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-ertigacomparo2.jpg

Is the difference noticeable? Or my eyes have gone bad?
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 09:55   #257
BANNED

Modifications already started .We can call it as modded Ertiga
Old 18th May 2012, 11:40   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Guys I have a question:

I'm not sure if anyone of you noticed it, but I found one of the dealer vehicle on display had additional body kits fitted. I did not find it in the test drive vehicle though.

Here are the pictures -

Attachment 928347
Attachment 928348

Yes very noticeable. The one in red has a kit, while the blue does not. You can see a line on the bumper of the red one that establishes this. In fact this kit is available as part of the MGP accessory list I guess.
Old 18th May 2012, 21:46   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Guys I have a question:

I'm not sure if anyone of you noticed it, but I found one of the dealer vehicle on display had additional body kits fitted.
Did you mean the White body kits
Old 20th May 2012, 11:07   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally got a chance to go TD the Ertiga yesterday. The local MAS had invited me with family to an "utsav" where they also gave the Swift a free checkup (got a clean bill of health yay! )

Made it very clear I was only interested in the diesel variant. But there was a long wait for it since it had gone with another prospective customer and the SR offered the petrol (Zxi) variant instead. After some cajoling, agreed. When we returned from the drive, the Zdi was also available so convinced him into another one, this time in the diesel.

My impressions:
- Both engines are extremely good. The 1.4 K engine suits this vehicle briliantly, while the 90-BHP-tuned 1.3 DDiS is simply superb. Neither felt the least bit underpowered. The refinement of the diesel engine in particular is outstanding.
- Handling is exactly like that of any car and doesn't feel the slightest bit UV-ish. There was a lot of traffic on the highway thanks to the Pune Warriors taking on KKR at home, but I was able to maintain decent speed and weave my way through without difficulty.
- Ideal upgrade from a hatchback if in need of extra luggage room or the flexibility of 2 additional seats. I can't think of a better family car right now: we usually travel with one child but any time the grandparents are in town it's a bit os a tight squeeze. made the missus try out both the middle seat and the rear seat in my normal seating position (am 5'10") and the Ertiga passed with flying colours.
- Overall look and feel is so-so, doesn't scream premium but not tacky either. The steering wheel in beige looks corny- am old-school and like it black. AC vents in the second row are well-positioned, even the rear bench cools well enough. It was 38 degrees outside and the cooling on position "2" more than adequate. Steering-mounted controls on the Z variants is a nice touch.
- Two more colours launched now: granite grey and serene blue. Both look very good at least in the brochure. Unfortunately even the stockyard didn't have any display vehicles except in white.
- Trading up from an existing Maruti vehicle apparently cuts the queue time. The SR hinted at Zdi delivery within a month or so, which is not bad at all.
- Did not discuss pricing at all. The SR promised he will make me a great deal with exchange bonus for the Swift (Vxi, non ABS, 2006, old "G" engine) thrown in. Asked me what the options were for me and I answered truthfully that an entry-level SUV like the Force One or XUV500 was what the heart desired. That dampened his enthusiasm a bit so I quickly said that the value offered by the Ertiga could not be denied. And meant it.

Overall I would go for the Zdi if the missus is also comfortable driving it. It's a good replacement for our second car that is also petrol, what with the current prices. Also a good option for long highway cruises (MID showed 12.2 kmpl which is very good for a TD vehicle).
The only thing that could be a dealbreaker is that the car doesn't excite me enough. Sure it ticks all the right buttons and is practical as hell, but that adrenaline flow when you see your new car parked out front is missing with this somehow. Maybe it's the whole soccer-mom association. Or the fact that toss is a couple more lakhs and you can have a *real* SUV beast at your command. Jury's out: if the Force One launches with ABS sometime soon as they keep promising, would probably go with that. But from what I experienced yesterday, Maruti has got this car dead right...and it's reflecting in the sales as well.
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2012, 11:51   #261
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
The only thing that could be a dealbreaker is that the car doesn't excite me enough. Sure it ticks all the right buttons and is practical as hell, but that adrenaline flow when you see your new car parked out front is missing with this somehow. Maybe it's the whole soccer-mom association. Or the fact that toss is a couple more lakhs and you can have a *real* SUV beast at your command. Jury's out: if the Force One launches with ABS sometime soon as they keep promising, would probably go with that. But from what I experienced yesterday, Maruti has got this car dead right...and it's reflecting in the sales as well.
Anoop, you have a Vento petrol automatic and you are looking for an exciting car.

Rest assured the Ertiga is way more exciting than the Vento AT.

With some decent rubber upgrade it will outhandle the XUV any day and feels way more car like than the XUV and Force one. More over it's a Maruti so it will not fail you.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 09:44   #262
BHPian

Got delivery of my Ertiga ZDi yesterday. The delivery process was smooth and folks at Vipul Motors Gurgaon did their bit to ensure its memorable.

Drove the car through traffic within Gurgaon city and later to CP. I must say I was completely impressed with easy drivability and silent cabin. It just doesn't feel a diesel at low RPMs.

Later drove to Greater Noida traversing ~35 KMs of free expressway. I was equally impressed with its highway manners and planted ride. This was my first proper drive (although I had done 2 TDs before) and I am very very happy with my decision. Thanks to team BHP and the regular contributors who helped me arrive at this important decision.

I need help on diesel engine run-in/break-in and other dos and don'ts regarding a diesel motor. This is my first diesel car.

Thanks to all contributors again!
nayaksudhir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 09:55   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaksudhir View Post
Got delivery of my Ertiga ZDi yesterday. The delivery process was smooth and folks at Vipul Motors Gurgaon did their bit to ensure its memorable.
Congrats Sudhir, You have indeed taken a good decision to go for Ertiga and that too Zdi variant.
The car is simply superb in all the departments. Hope to see a detailed review soon.
Old 21st May 2012, 10:12   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaksudhir View Post
Hi Nayak,

Congrats on your buy. When did you book the same? What color? Please post a detailed review. I have still no clue on my ZDi booking :(
Old 21st May 2012, 11:32   #265
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to all those who got the Ertiga delivered, & best of luck to those who are planning or waiting for the same.

I went to wife's native place yesterday (in Haryana), & managed to spot few Ertigas. Must say that these hold on to the road much better on the State highway (not NH1) than other small cars from Maruti & Hyundai, a la the Swift. But the exterior design, especially the rear (looks quirky), seemingly was an afterthought for the designers. We were only 2 in my NatGas powered Santro & managed to overtake one (in Serene Blue shade) easily (though I admit that I had to speed over 100 to catch-up & overtake the same... despite the speed limit of 90 in that section ) to let my wife have a good look of the car.

She was convinced about the vehicle being good (there were 7 people, with 2 boys around 12-15 in the last row & 3 well built ladies in the middle), it was managing 90 kmph easily & the occupants seemed comfortable despite the absence of sun shade (apparently because of roof mounted AC for the middle & third row).

Got another vote to go ahead with the purchase decision (my brother & father have already confirmed that they like the vehicle).

Time to start dreaming myself driving the car with family .
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 11:54   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Anoop, you have a Vento petrol automatic and you are looking for an exciting car.

Rest assured the Ertiga is way more exciting than the Vento AT.
Vento AT was bought for one purpose only: to give respite to my left knee in rush-hur Hinjewadi traffic or being stuck in suburban Bombay traffic jams. I maintain there is no better car serving this purpose (oh well maybe the City AT). By the way, in S-mode or using tiptronic, the excitement mounts somewhat!

Quote:
With some decent rubber upgrade it will outhandle the XUV any day and feels way more car like than the XUV and Force one. More over it's a Maruti so it will not fail you.
That was EXACTLY the thought that crossed my mind as I left the showroom: at least one Maruti in the garage needed! My Swift fills that need for now but it's ageing fast.
If the Ertiga had been launched a year ago I'd have gone for it with eyes closed. Now that manufacturers have started showing that they can get a genuine SUV out in the 12-15L bracket, the heart wants more! I totally take your point about the Ertiga's handling being far superor than a real SUV.
Old 21st May 2012, 15:49   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Finally got a chance to go TD the Ertiga yesterday. The local MAS had invited me with family to an "utsav" where they also gave the Swift a free checkup (got a clean bill of health yay! )
Do keep us posted on this

I too am interested in upgrading to Ertiga, but my 5 year old Swift is still butter smooth. I want to keep her till next year but only reason i might pre-pone my decision is because of the petrol prices

You said Dealer offered exchange bonus and 1 month delivery for the Zdi. I thought Ertiga has long waiting period and no offers whatsoever.
Old 21st May 2012, 16:40   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ That's right raj. Of course salespeople say anything to land a deal and then the excuses start! Will not believe anything till I have a concrete offer on the table.
Old 21st May 2012, 19:15   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

ERTIGA clocks 32000 bookings!

Quote:
News comes in from NDTVProfit that the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has managed to clock a whopping 32,000 bookings within just one month of its launch.
In fact, it has clocked so many orders that it has run into a typical Maruti problem of ‘increased waiting period’. While the company has clocked 32,000 orders, its factory can only roll out 6,000 units in a particular month.

Maruti Ertiga clocks 32,000 bookings in its brief life
Old 21st May 2012, 22:58   #270
BHPian

Had my first look at the Ertiga on Sunday @ Sai Service Lower Parel. Following are my immediate reactions:

-The car is a comfortable 7 seater. I tried all 3 rows successively starting from the front and adjusting each row for my height (I am exactly 6 ft.) found adequately liveable leg space even in the last row

- Getting in and out of the last row is difficult. Elderly/people with back problems will hate you if you ask them to get there.

-Though the dashboard and instrument cluster are a straight lift from the swift, the clever use of colors adds to the premium look.

-Exterior proportions are imposing and do make the vehicle an Innova rival

-Bulging wheel arches look attractive and masculine. Much better job than the ones found on an Aria or the over-done XUV

-The vehicle seems to be having a visible forehead above the front windscreen further adding to the vehicle's character. Looks cute.

- Tyres are a tad small

- Vxi/Vdi with abs seems to be the most VFM package

-White is the color to go for. Unfortunately most Taxis will be of the same color

-The Showroom representative claimed Petrol FE of around 10 i.e. in real world and over a period of time it will be 8-9 (pure assumption). I was expecting something better. Will like to know more on this from experts.

Overall its a mighty impressive package. Have lined up a test drive on the coming weekend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks